Photo

I was wrong. Next gen will indeed start w/o GTA V

12 replies to this topic
GTAFever123
  • GTAFever123

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:49 PM

GTA V single player didn't live up to the hype. GTAO didn't either and got real old quickly. I used to say next gen starts when Rockstar says so but I couldn't have been more wrong.
  • Xx-ADITYA-xX likes this

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:54 PM

It's kinda strange to be saying that anyway, don't you think? I mean, next gen has:

A) Technically already started. The WiiU is out. 

B) Will fully be here when the PS4/Xbox One are out. 

The release of GTA V wasn't going to make Microsoft and Sony back off going "Oh no! The GTA! It burns our new consoles!"

GTAFever123
  • GTAFever123

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:01 PM

It's kinda strange to be saying that anyway, don't you think? I mean, next gen has:

The release of GTA V wasn't going to make Microsoft and Sony back off going "Oh no! The GTA! It burns our new consoles!"

But you see, the hype leading up to the release of GTA V for many of us was so large that we thought the game would stifle PS4 and X1 sales if it didn't come out on next gen platforms.

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:03 PM

I have no incentive to buy the new consoles, there are so few games that look interesting that it is kind of hard to justify. As long as my PS3 will still play my current game library and stream my netflix I will be sticking to it. 

• lickylickyballbags likes this

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:03 PM

Not for nothing but what Rockstar accomplished on current gen hardware, parts from 2005, is nothing short of miraculous. And what more do you expect? They were SO freaking limited that it's insane that they did manage to squeeze all this out of those old sh*tty systems. Especially the Xbox with it's terribad ancient DVD drive instead of Blu-Ray. Think about how much more content we'd have if Rockstar wasn't limited to f*cking 7.5GB discs?

I am also kinda scared for the Rockstar developers when thinking about next gen. We're hitting a wall in terms of graphics and what can be done, and to push it even further than they already have with current gen in an attempt to outdo themselves... yeah idk if they can pull it off. I hope it'll be a solid 4 years before we see another GTA, because anything less and you know they cut corners. Besides, once GTA V comes out for PC I'm sure people will be 100% satisfied.

• xXGst0395Xx and MagzGTA like this

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:05 PM Edited by whatsstrength, 07 November 2013 - 06:06 PM.

GTA V single player didn't live up to the hype. GTAO didn't either and got real old quickly. I used to say next gen starts when Rockstar says so but I couldn't have been more wrong.

Well you were wrong before also. "next gen starts when Rockstar says so"? What exactly were you expecting? You provide no decent arguments for your disappointment and this isn't even in the disappointment thread. People need to learn how to read the stickied threads, they're RIGHT there when you open this board. There's never any pleasant conversation about the game because so many people ignore the sticky and spam the board with bitching threads.

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:07 PM

But you see, the hype leading up to the release of GTA V for many of us was so large that we thought the game would stifle PS4 and X1 sales if it didn't come out on next gen platforms.

I can't see any game doing that. Anyone who really wants a next-gen system is pre-ordering or will still buy it on launch or slightly after launch. GTA V might act as a setback to the few people who don't have tons of money, but if a $60 game holds back next-gen then perhaps no one is financially stable enough for there to be a next-gen. ;) 

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

GTA #2 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:47 PM

why would anyone think like that? GTA V is epic but no game is able to do that...

Huffin-Puffin
  • Huffin-Puffin

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:03 PM

It will effect next gen sales. The fact that a few petulant children here are screaming about being bored isn't reflective of what the wider gaming community thinks. GTAO is still crammed with players all day every day, it's taking up time people might have spent looking at and ordering new machines. Odds are, it will be soaking up a lot of people's time for months to come, probably effecting people's decision to buy next gen machines.

Remember OP, nobody cares about your opinion or asked to hear it. People making these type of comments are talking about gamers in general, what one person thinks isn't relevant or interesting.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:42 PM

Just wishful, and frankly, idiotic thinking on your part

GTAFever123
  • GTAFever123

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:10 PM

BULLLLLLLsh*t

lickylickyballbags
  • lickylickyballbags

Touch my prostate

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:14 PM

I have no incentive to buy the new consoles, there are so few games that look interesting that it is kind of hard to justify. As long as my PS3 will still play my current game library and stream my netflix I will be sticking to it.

i agree with this, netflix and games i got.. ps4 can wait a year or so at least, then when more games are out and they are cheaper too it might be time. i dont actually think its gonna be that much better

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

"Does the Pope sh*t in the Woods?"

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:37 PM

Dudes Next gen is not even yet in dreams the advance that we expereinced 10-15 years ago has stopped the only things we are going to see in the next few years are only a few small fixes and a few advances on how to play as the previous gen is more than capable of supporting these new advances think about it PS one CD advance PS2 DVD advance PS3 Bluray what does PS4 really about a few graphic glitches fixes a bit more of processing it's really no big deal the same with computers there hasn't been any new tech out there for years dual/quadcores have been out there a long time and there no real advance on those. So there is nothing Rockstar can do for now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users