Quantcast

» «
Photo

Option to turn off blue filter and kill marker?

11 replies to this topic
Jakoporeeno
  • Jakoporeeno

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:33 PM

The thing that really killed the combat for me was the giant blue color-effect and a little X that pops up every time I kill someone. And I thought a hit marker for this game would take me out of the shooting but this... Is there anyway to turn it off? I've looked through the settings of controls, display, and notifications and haven't found anything that I know would turn it off. And if there is none... Please, Rockstar, give us an option. No need to remove it if some people like it but at least let people who don't like it. Anyone who needs a red X and a blue screen to see if they kill someone in a game with animations like GTA 5 should really get glasses.

• freedomworks96 likes this

AiraCobra
  • AiraCobra

ĦĦooɥS ooɥS ǝıqooɥS

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:37 PM

There is an option to turn the mini-map off all together but not certain things

RememberToTaper
  • RememberToTaper

PUSH through the BURN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:24 PM

Maybe I haven't been paying attention but I never even noticed any blue screen effect (???)

And the Red X doesn't bother me. Seems pretty useful to know if an enemy is truly killed, and it seems so small anyways that I'm surprised it would be considered a nuisance. Unless you are trying to play it "realistically" then I guess you have a point.

• stjimmy3 likes this

TXF
  • TXF

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:37 PM

Maybe I haven't been paying attention but I never even noticed any blue screen effect (???)

And the Red X doesn't bother me. Seems pretty useful to know if an enemy is truly killed, and it seems so small anyways that I'm surprised it would be considered a nuisance. Unless you are trying to play it "realistically" then I guess you have a point.

The blue screen effect they're referring to, is the little flash that happens you kill someone I think.

Honestly, It doesn't even bother me. I don't notice it most of the time anyway. I was watching tons of gtaonline videos before I got the game(I got it a bit later than release day), so I was already used to the flash and X before I got the game. I actually don't mind it though anyway, I like the kill notification. Yeah we can see if someone's not moving, but if there's a whole group of people hiding behind cars and you pick one of them off with a headshot, it's good to know they actually died.

red111
  • red111

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:50 PM

Yeah, I doubt this will ever be patched. Best hope is for a mod on pc that fix it, if it comes out. Seems like something they want to have in the game.

freedomworks96
  • freedomworks96

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:21 PM Edited by freedomworks96, 25 February 2014 - 01:11 AM.

The thing that really killed the combat for me was the giant blue color-effect and a little X that pops up every time I kill someone. And I thought a hit marker for this game would take me out of the shooting but this... Is there anyway to turn it off? I've looked through the settings of controls, display, and notifications and haven't found anything that I know would turn it off. And if there is none... Please, Rockstar, give us an option. No need to remove it if some people like it but at least let people who don't like it. Anyone who needs a red X and a blue screen to see if they kill someone in a game with animations like GTA 5 should really get glasses.

I agree, the screen flash and x marker for every kill makes the game almost unplayable. It's such a small detail that taints the entire experience. Read Dead Redemption had a kill effect that was not as bad, and you could turn it off. The Screen flash kill indicator in GTA5 is very ugly and you can't turn it off. Seeing blood, wounds and the enemy no longer moving is hit indicator enough, and if somebody is still alive bleeding out behind a building, I'd rather have the suspense of not knowing. The screen flash should be optional for casual gamers only.

He is talking about the screen flashing kill indicator. The flash is blue on some tv's, on my tv it's more of a black and white flash. How do you not notice it? Is GTA 5 the only 3rd person shooter you have ever played? Because I have played countless and never have I seen such a cheap and ugly gimmick forced on players in a game before. Anyone who needs a red X or the entire screen to flash to indicate a kill in a video game, should not be playing video games. GTA 5 already has proper blood and kill animations, screen clogging X hit markers and strobe flashes are for morons and ruin the game.

Marwin Moody
  • Marwin Moody

u in da mood?

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Norway

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:57 PM

Do you really give a sh*t?

freedomworks96
  • freedomworks96

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:19 AM

Do you really give a sh*t?

As a long time GTA fanboy, I give a sh*t. It makes kills look censored and cheap, and it just adds a whole element of lameness to the game. I don't see how people can actually enjoy shootouts in GTA5, when their entire screen flashes with a little x for every kill. The flash is a huge turd in the GTA5 punchbowl. It also gives me severe headaches to the point where I stopped playing GTA5(which sucks because I really want to play!).

freedomworks96
  • freedomworks96

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:28 AM Edited by freedomworks96, 10 June 2014 - 05:47 AM.

The blue screen effect they're referring to, is the little flash that happens you kill someone I think.

Honestly, It doesn't even bother me. I don't notice it most of the time anyway. I was watching tons of gtaonline videos before I got the game(I got it a bit later than release day), so I was already used to the flash and X before I got the game. I actually don't mind it though anyway, I like the kill notification. Yeah we can see if someone's not moving, but if there's a whole group of people hiding behind cars and you pick one of them off with a headshot, it's good to know they actually died.

Thats fine if you like the flashing and x marker. But for many, it kills the gameplay. Not everybody is that bad at video games. There should be an option to turn it off. The flashing gives me headaches and takes all the fun and tension out of combat. 

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Proto-Hipster

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:17 PM

This appears to be a pretty hot issue. There was a huge multi-page topic about this before. I wish Rockstar would pay attention to public opinion a little. Many little unnecessary problems like this clutter up the game and could easily be patched with an option in the display menu. Apparently they devote their resources to things like making sure people can't have fun in North Yankton anymore and such. It just screams to me that they are totally out of touch with their fanbase.  

Marwin Moody
  • Marwin Moody

u in da mood?

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Norway

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:52 PM

Thats fine if you and all the GTA newbs like the flashing and x marker. But for many die hard/loyal GTA fans, it kills the game. Not everybody is that bad at video games. There should be an option to turn it off. The flashing gives me headaches and takes all the fun out of combat. 

Bah! I've played since II was new, and I for one, love the effect. It is a subtle reminder that every kill is a death. Every time I kill someone in the game I think "Oh sh, now they're dead". Though only a small visual effect, it has added much-needed depth.

freedomworks96
  • freedomworks96

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:15 AM Edited by freedomworks96, 12 March 2014 - 12:18 AM.

Thats fine if you and all the GTA newbs like the flashing and x marker. But for many die hard/loyal GTA fans, it kills the game. Not everybody is that bad at video games. There should be an option to turn it off. The flashing gives me headaches and takes all the fun out of combat. 

Bah! I've played since II was new, and I for one, love the effect. It is a subtle reminder that every kill is a death. Every time I kill someone in the game I think "Oh sh, now they're dead". Though only a small visual effect, it has added much-needed depth.

I think it makes the game much more shallow. I don't see how you find a screen flash for every kill adds 'much needed depth'. It isn't needed at all, the little x marker is kill indicator enough and even that should be optional. GTAV shooting would feel much more deep if the only kill indicator was your target falling over and going limp. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users