New YouTube commenting system

175 replies to this topic
Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:23 AM

I'm just logged into G+ every time I go on YouTube now (the G+ account is linked to my YouTube account).

yes but that's retarded.

some of us don't want to use G+ just to use YouTube the way we were accustomed to.

G+ is a terrible service and the whole new YouTube system update is garbage.

Exactly, saying "Oh it's not that hard still" in no way justifies making something more difficult for what is essentially no reason.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:13 PM

I miss the old Youtube, where you didn't have to worry about having a stupid G+ account. Upload, comment, rate and subscribe. So simple, yet so effective.

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:36 PM

Well... at the sacrifice of the old layout, some of the current comments are hilarious. They're either spam, copy/paste from somewhere or ASCII pictures. It's fun to see because it didn't happen in old layout, and it's something different. Although it'll get boring sooner or later, if it's not changed back.

AJ Lee
  • AJ Lee

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:41 PM

Why are all the top comments from like 3 months ago and total bollocks?

Also some videos I click on it says there are 0 comments when I know there are 100's, but none of them show.

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:50 PM Edited by WinterEdit, 09 November 2013 - 03:51 PM.

Also some videos I click on it says there are 0 comments when I know there are 100's, but none of them show.

1) The 3 months ago Top Comments were a thing in old YouTube too... I assume it's the like/dislike ratio of the comments that determines whether it's good for top comment. I guess the reason comments with like 2 likes are not often top comments are that they probably look for comments with more likes before those.

2) I've got that bug too... also in old YouTube. I couldn't fix it, it fixed itself sometime later on in that specific video, but it could still happen on other videos or even the same video later.

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( ´-`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:21 PM

I'm just logged into G+ every time I go on YouTube now (the G+ account is linked to my YouTube account).

yes but that's retarded.
some of us don't want to use G+ just to use YouTube the way we were accustomed to.

Exactly, saying "Oh it's not that hard still" in no way justifies making something more difficult for what is essentially no reason.

I'm sorry, but how does G+ make YouTube more difficult to use at all? I've found that it made it more convenient as expressed by my post on the previous page. Please provide stronger examples of how G+ has made YouTube more difficult to use if at all.

@Diablo: Yes forcing us to use G+ to comment on YouTube is retarded. Deal with it. This is the same situation as with previous YouTube changes, however the "stakes" are somewhat higher. I take it that it's just the principle that you're worried about? Because it's not a huge deal at all just to connect your YouTube account to G+. You're making this more difficult than it really is. Anyway, it's probably clear that I can't change your mind, so I'll give you guys some time, and maybe you can suck it up buttercup. ;)

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:46 PM Edited by StormerBoy, 09 November 2013 - 09:48 PM.

yes but that's retarded.

I'm sorry, but how does G+ make YouTube more difficult to use at all? I've found that it made it more convenient as expressed by my post on the previous page. Please provide stronger examples of how G+ has made YouTube more difficult to use if at all.

@Diablo: Yes forcing us to use G+ to comment on YouTube is retarded. Deal with it. This is the same situation as with previous YouTube changes, however the "stakes" are somewhat higher. I take it that it's just the principle that you're worried about? Because it's not a huge deal at all just to connect your YouTube account to G+. You're making this more difficult than it really is. Anyway, it's probably clear that I can't change your mind, so I'll give you guys some time, and maybe you can suck it up buttercup. ;)

1. It is only being done to force everyone to use Google+ Social Networking, anything they say about sorting the trolls out is BS.

2. The comments section on the video page is the 'heart' of YouTube! Yes many of the comments are stupid sh*t from idiots, but it is the only section that allows the user to interact with the content.

3. It is a massive invasion of privacy forcing people to use their names, or having to bend over backwards to work out how not to.

4. Hitler forcing the Jews into concentration camps was 'retarded', good job we didn't just 'deal with it' though!

Nopheros
  • Nopheros

Hopplös Kanin

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:15 PM

It's turrible, they better fix it or I will not look at comments anymore. HAH! Take that Google!

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:17 PM

C'mon now, comparing this to the final solution is going a bit OTT - and anyway, at no point was WWII about liberating concentration camps, that just happened as the allies fought their way to Berlin.

Being able to post sh*t and hide behind anonymity is what makes the internet the hate machine that it is. This has got to change if we don't want the medium to become a bringer of misery.

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:54 PM

My point was that you can't apply a 'just deal with it' attitude to everything in life. The lack of freedom is our society today is ridiculous, we become more and more like '1984' every day, and most f*cking plebs think it is quite the opposite. The anonymity of the Internet is what gives us a fighting chance to combat it.

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:42 PM Edited by Vlynor, 09 November 2013 - 11:42 PM.

My point was that you can't apply a 'just deal with it' attitude to everything in life. The lack of freedom is our society today is ridiculous, we become more and more like '1984' every day, and most f*cking plebs think it is quite the opposite. The anonymity of the Internet is what gives us a fighting chance to combat it.

It's a non-government entity. If they want their service to broadcast your first and last name to the world, and you agree to it, they can. You're not entitled to it and you don't deserve it. You can deny their service anytime you want. So, to this I say:

Spoiler

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( ´-`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:18 AM

1. It is only being done to force everyone to use Google+ Social Networking, anything they say about sorting the trolls out is BS.

Okay, I didn't say anything about trolls.

2. The comments section on the video page is the 'heart' of YouTube! Yes many of the comments are stupid sh*t from idiots, but it is the only section that allows the user to interact with the content.

Okay... this is just following from your point about trolls, which I didn't say anything about. Can anyone provide a reasonable example of how the comments section has changed for the worse?

3. It is a massive invasion of privacy forcing people to use their names, or having to bend over backwards to work out how not to.

Google is not forcing you to use your real name. Their policy on names is that it's recommended that you use your full name, but you can opt to choose any name you wish as long as it doesn't violate their policy.

4. Hitler forcing the Jews into concentration camps was 'retarded', good job we didn't just 'deal with it' though!

There's just no getting away from Godwin's Law is there? There is nothing morally wrong with Google forcing you to use their service if you want to comment on YouTube, which they've owned for years. This is comparing apples to genocide. Blowing this way out of proportion.

My point was that you can't apply a 'just deal with it' attitude to everything in life. The lack of freedom is our society today is ridiculous, we become more and more like '1984' every day, and most f*cking plebs think it is quite the opposite. The anonymity of the Internet is what gives us a fighting chance to combat it.

Yeah, yeah. Direct your "fight the power" mentality where the situation calls for it. Hint: it's not here.

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

©

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:32 AM

It was bad enough trying to dig through the innumerable drop boxes and side panels to finally find my inbox. I have no idea why they had to bury it so deep in the mess of the new layout updates.

To this day I still have no idea how to find my inbox, or contact requests. Haven't seen it anywhere since like 2011

Click on the drop box that says Upload next to the search bar, click on Analytics, then on the left sidebar on the very bottom will be your inbox.

Not sure why they buried it but it's even more useless now because notifications are sent to your G+ account rather than your inbox -_-

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:38 AM

I can't change your mind

exactly.

because your logic is almost as bad as G+ itself.

I won't use it.

AJ Lee
  • AJ Lee

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:58 AM

That guy clearly just wants to be a hipster.

Nobody who is sane likes this change. Nobody can argue using G+ is in any way easier, better or more practical than just using YT itself...point can't even be argued. This is coming from someone who uses G+ often.

• StormerBoy likes this

Nonpareil1983
  • Nonpareil1983

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:03 AM Edited by Shenmue18, 10 November 2013 - 02:04 AM.

It feels like Google has been testing how much YouTube's users will take by making all these updates that ruin the site and nobody likes. Google can't be serious with this, they have to have known that nobody was going to want to make a Google Plus account just to use their YouTube account. F*ck Google, I wish Jawed, Steve and Chad never sold their creation to this f*cked up corporation.

CorporalBean675
  • CorporalBean675

Icaras

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:16 AM

This sums it up perfectly as well: https://www.youtube....h?v=Q_OlBgXfsjY

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:42 AM

yes but that's retarded.

It is inconvenient because: 
- I need to go through the G+ setup which constantly asks me to update my details and to add friends whenever I open it.
- I need to access a different website just to view my comment replies on youtube, a website I am unfamiliar with and serves me absolutely zero purpose.
- I can't reply to some comments on Youtube unless I find the original comment and it seems only the original commenter who started the thread gets an event rather than someone i'm replying to
- I can't have my Youtube username and Google username separate, If I used G+ why the f*ck would I want to be called finn4life to my friends, and why would I want youtubers to have my full name so they can search my facebook and stalk me out in other ways.

I just don't understand why the f*ck I need a G+ account at all, why won't youtube let me just have a f*cking youtube account, I don't mind allowing linking, but what if I don't want them linked? Forcing it on you is bullsh*t. Also the notification feature might be good for you, but an easier solution would be to simply include it into youtube.

Also I should point out the irony in you complaining about having to check a Youtube inbox and how inconvenient it is, then telling us to suck it up and deal with the many inconveniences of being linked with G+.
I also found it ironic that you said that "WE are making it more difficult than it is" ERRRR no, Google is making Youtube more difficult than it needs to be.

Suck it up Buttercup? Okay sure, and you can go suck a dick.
Sincerely - Buttercup :)

Okay... this is just following from your point about trolls, which I didn't say anything about. Can anyone provide a reasonable example of how the comments section has changed for the worse?

Yes, I can. Instead of now having Top comments and then chronological order underneath, I have to choose one or the other, so I have to press that tab and switch it if I want to see one or the other instead of simply having the two top comments available in the chronological tab and then you can choose the top comment tab to view all the top comments.

Google is not forcing you to use your real name. Their policy on names is that it's recommended that you use your full name, but you can opt to choose any name you wish as long as it doesn't violate their policy.

As I explained before, no they are not forcing you to use your real name, but if you actually used G+ with your friends surely you would use your real name right? Then you are forced to use your real name on Youtube as well, you can't separate the two at all, so either you put your full name on Youtube which is stupid - especially when your name is unique like mine and there actually isn't anyone in the world with the same name, that's asking to be stalked, or have your details taken, your Microsoft email account can be easily hacked with simply your full name and birthday - or you put your youtube username as your G+ name, which is also stupid, it would look retarded as f*ck to all my friends if my name was finn4life on G+.

Google has made Youtube more inconvenient and difficult to use simply to inflate their G+ numbers, which essentially does nothing

• StormerBoy likes this

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:10 AM

* sigh

Anyone who can try to justify what YouTube is doing, is either a complete idiot or really hasn't ever used the site properly.

Aside from that, yes Google is not owned by the public sector, but look at the size of it and its competitors, then look at the dependency people have on these organisations and their products. They might not be doing anything illegal, but if its immoral then they need to be regulated. No, YouTube isn't forcing me to use their service, but being as they have a world-wide monopoly on it, I'm left with no other choice.

Just you wait until the Government (run by the select powerful cooperate few who really call the shots) start regulating the net. First we'll be told they are controlling child abuse images, fine, then it will move on to material that incites terrorism, then once they have established a justifiable routine for restricting content, they will slip in whatever they want.

"If you understand the root, you understand the blossom"

• Finn 7 five 11 likes this

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • April Fools Winner 2015
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:11 AM

To see this gtaforums reply please login to google+
  • Finn 7 five 11 and ten-a-penny like this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

كساااد

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:22 AM

To see this gtaforums reply please login to google+

:lol:

at least they didn't tough Gmail!

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• GTA Series Staff
  • Unknown
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:38 AM

Well... at the sacrifice of the old layout, some of the current comments are hilarious. They're either spam, copy/paste from somewhere or ASCII pictures. It's fun to see because it didn't happen in old layout, and it's something different. Although it'll get boring sooner or later, if it's not changed back.

7jqh.png

I just noticed that you can't reply/like/dislike comments before the change. F*ck YouTu--  GoogleTube.

• Finn 7 five 11, Gray Wolf and ten-a-penny like this

Killerdude
  • Killerdude

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• The Yardies
  • Canada

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:32 PM

I'm not one who usually complains when a site changes, but this recent update is f*cking atrocious, does google even listen to user feedback and what have you?

They had something that worked perfectly, now they've gone and f*cked it all up.
3 steps forward, 17 steps back.
  • Finn 7 five 11 likes this

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Despair Disco

• Members
  • India

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:36 PM Edited by Dr. John13, 10 November 2013 - 12:37 PM.

1) The 3 months ago Top Comments were a thing in old YouTube too... I assume it's the like/dislike ratio of the comments that determines whether it's good for top comment. I guess the reason comments with like 2 likes are not often top comments are that they probably look for comments with more likes before those.

2) I've got that bug too... also in old YouTube. I couldn't fix it, it fixed itself sometime later on in that specific video, but it could still happen on other videos or even the same video later.

2ikfhcn.png

Change the settings of 'Top Comments' to 'Newest First'. This should show the latest ones instead of old comments.

If you still can't solve your issues, try goig to Google forums for support. But, I guess the atmosphere there would be 'flaming' hot.

Anyways, I hate the new comment section. I remember very well that I saw 20 drawings of dicks in one comment section of a video. This video is just pure goldies, it perhaps broke the record of most disliked video of the year.

• WinterEdit likes this

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:58 PM

Google has done it again. Trolls now run free across Youtube.

eXpiFGp.jpg

Ulx8oPP.jpg

^these two between the first comments of the official YT video Lmao.

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:03 PM

LOL ... I actually reported the video too. Anywho, it would be hilarious of YT resorted to disabling comments on that video :lol:

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:11 PM

LMAO.

He says he hired the idiots over at G+ to do the Obamacare website.

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:21 PM

2ikfhcn.png

Change the settings of 'Top Comments' to 'Newest First'. This should show the latest ones instead of old comments.

If you still can't solve your issues, try goig to Google forums for support. But, I guess the atmosphere there would be 'flaming' hot.

Anyways, I hate the new comment section. I remember very well that I saw 20 drawings of dicks in one comment section of a video. This video is just pure goldies, it perhaps broke the record of most disliked video of the year.

I noticed it in the new one... what I meant was the old layout Top Comments being from months or even years ago in relatively popular videos, sometimes. :)

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• GTA Series Staff
  • Unknown
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:59 PM

3qkf.png

Spoiler

Time to dislike the sh*t out of the video. Anyone else reported the video for the misleading text? "YouTube comments just got better"

• theadmiral likes this

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:49 PM

* sigh

Anyone who can try to justify what YouTube is doing, is either a complete idiot or really hasn't ever used the site properly.

No, anyone complaining about a possible 1984 scenario because a business decides to make you use your first and last name on the internet when you use their service is an idiot.

Aside from that, yes Google is not owned by the public sector, but look at the size of it and its competitors, then look at the dependency people have on these organisations and their products. They might not be doing anything illegal, but if its immoral then they need to be regulated. No, YouTube isn't forcing me to use their service, but being as they have a world-wide monopoly on it, I'm left with no other choice.

So, what? There is nothing Google provides that cannot be found elsewhere. A monopoly means they have control of an entire industry. They don't, you can find similar services to those offered on Google on another website.

Just you wait until the Government (run by the select powerful cooperate few who really call the shots) start regulating the net. First we'll be told they are controlling child abuse images, fine, then it will move on to material that incites terrorism, then once they have established a justifiable routine for restricting content, they will slip in whatever they want.

"If you understand the root, you understand the blossom"

"The big bad government is going to forcefully censor and regulate the internet!" That's funny, didn't Google oppose CISPA and SOPA?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users