Photo

New YouTube commenting system

175 replies to this topic
CorporalBean675
  • CorporalBean675

Icaras

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:19 PM

That's exactly what I'm afraid of. They don't give a damn about their users. I mean when was the last time they listened to us (like actually listen to what we really want) rather than doing w/e the f*ck they want? Anyway they know YouTube will stay populated no matter how many signs any petition gets. Come to think of it now, YouTube was long gone. I guess it took many of us this long to realise it :( 

RIP YT 2009. 

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

If You Know What I Mean

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:21 PM

It's absolutely horrendous. This is without a doubt the WORST update youtube have EVER forced upon everyone. I will never use g+, I will barely comment anymore due to it's asininity, and not to mention it's broken beyond comprehension. The first 10 seconds here show my distaste:

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"Not Santa's balls!"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:29 PM

Linking youtube with G+ is stupid. I have not a single person on G+,

quoted for truth.

the only reason Google is doing this is because they need to inflate the number of users on G+ (because it sucks and no one uses it).

they're just trying to force you into their crappy social media tools.

• Finn 7 five 11 likes this

Human

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:37 PM

Well, what can I say? I mean GoogleTube isn't a website for silly videos anymore, it has become a corporate tool for moneymaking. We should all know by now that one day Google will pull a Myspace with Youtube and it is all going to go down the drain from there. People have been complaining more with every update, but at least before it was something that you could get used to over time. Now it's just something that keeps getting progressively worse. It happens all the time with companies, throughout time the intent and pride that the original creator of the company had slowly disappears and the guys who were there in the beginning who understood what it was all about start leaving for better jobs or start retiring and the vision becomes skewed and diluted by the guys who take their place. 

Here is a video of another persons problems with the new update and google as a whole. He often brings up some rather good arguments on the subjects at hand in my opinion. 

Oh, and please disregard his choice in thumbnails. 

Laura91
  • Laura91

Portia's #1 Fan

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:46 AM

Yeah, Youtube just gets more and more f*cked up as time goes on. I need to just get an external hard drive, save videos I like and close my account. 

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:16 AM Edited by Joe Chip, 09 November 2013 - 11:55 AM.

Gmail youtube accounts get inbox buttons and some parts of the old layout for some reason. Maybe mine hasn't been updated yet?HknmOtA.jpg

e: Well, when you click on the inbox button you get prompted to create a google+ account. Now would be a good time to file a false advertising suit. :sly:

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:37 AM Edited by whatsstrength, 08 November 2013 - 01:41 AM.

I miss being able to see the top comments section. The best layout they had was probably the one from last spring, when they still had the video titles on top and not below.

The Google buyout was a match made in hell.

• UltraGizmo64 likes this

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

I check for Breast Cancer. Call me.

• United-States

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:02 AM

Well, good thing I can still watch cute cat videos in FULL SCREEN and in HIGH DEFINITION! I love those cute cat videos!

Who's a silly kitty?

Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:11 AM

Considering Google spent more than half a billion on Google+ I find this desperate last attempt at popularising Google+ anything but surprising. They more or less have to do this. They will change it back eventually as Google+ is doomed to go down the path of every other failed social media site.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:14 AM

Considering Google spent more than half a billion on Google+ I find this desperate last attempt at popularising Google+ anything but surprising. They more or less have to do this. They will change it back eventually as Google+ is doomed to go down the path of every other failed social media site.

I remember when they were secretly paying celebrities to host Google+ hangouts where fans could come in and ask questions. LOL. It has been a bit desperate for a while but this definitely takes the cake.

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:38 AM

By Jove i've figured it out.

Google isn't just trying to force G+ on us, oh no. They just want us to be exposed to a lot more dicks. I've seen more dicks in the comments section today than I've seen all week, and that's saying something. It's all a ponzi scheme, 9/11 was an inside job, Obama is a Muslim terrorist.

Being serious though, whoever thought this was a good idea needs to be castrated and have it fed to them.

Piperka
  • Piperka

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Australia

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:45 AM

It was bad enough trying to dig through the innumerable drop boxes and side panels to finally find my inbox. I have no idea why they had to bury it so deep in the mess of the new layout updates.

To this day I still have no idea how to find my inbox, or contact requests. Haven't seen it anywhere since like 2011

tokyocean
  • tokyocean

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:02 AM Edited by tokyocean, 08 November 2013 - 08:05 AM.

Since people are also talking about the other aspects of YouTube, I would like to add by saying that I also dislike that drop-down menu. It's hard to navigate, looking for the inbox, comments, and so on. I also hate how they basically forced us to switch to this Google+ business in terms of our display names and whatnot.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Supralux (ΣΓ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:00 PM Edited by Criѕtian, 08 November 2013 - 02:45 PM.

YouTube co-founder's reaction (not associated with YouTube anymore):

1002592_562526290489778_933379807_n.jpg

Does anyone else feel that Google are trying to appeal to those that want to censor everything? If you can't take criticism (even bad criticism) maybe the internet isn't for you.

• Moth and Finn 7 five 11 like this

FirstLadyofGTA
  • FirstLadyofGTA

Killer in Heels

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:20 PM

Agree with pretty much everything said here.  This just happened to me an hour ago when I was going to comment on a video for the first time ever and the new system put me off.  I really don't like Google as a company...I don't know they just seem slimy to me.  Sometimes I feel like they will be totally responsible for bringing us all into Aldous Huxley's Brave New World.  Google 'soma' anyone? 

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

/ / / / / AMG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:13 PM

It annoys me but I think I can live with it. I've heavily adapted to October 2012's MAJOR update.

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:33 PM Edited by WinterEdit, 08 November 2013 - 06:33 PM.

It annoys me but I think I can live with it. I've heavily adapted to October 2012's MAJOR update.

Meh. I've adapted to it too but really... in complexity level of 1-10 with 1 being the easiest and 10 is max score:

Old layout was like 2 (raised to 4 with Google+ account added, for reasons like no inbox button)

This layout is like 9,0*101000000000000000000.

CorporalBean675
  • CorporalBean675

Icaras

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:54 PM

Holy sh*t, I actually found one video where it's still like the previous commenting system:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=39pK2MV_sfs

This might only be for me, but if it's the same for you, do you think Google has initiated rolling back changes or something?

AJ Lee
  • AJ Lee

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:56 PM

I've seen a few with the old style, savour it while it lasts.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:15 AM

So you say that to comment a video is needed an account in some social network that I didn't even know about?

Good thing I almost don't use my YT accout though, top comments, you will be missed...

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:19 AM

I hate it with a passion. It should be optional to use Google plus, not mandatory. Now its one big hassle just to reply to people who post comments.

AJ Lee
  • AJ Lee

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:23 AM

Every YT comment you reply to becomes like a forum thread on Google+ ha, it's so weird.

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( -`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:31 AM

I hated the new layout at first, but I yielded eventually and had a Google+ made (since all I had to do was type in a name and it doesn't even have to be my real name). Now that I've done that I'm actually seeing benefits to the new layout. For instance this button right here:

google-plus-new-notifications.png

I can see who replied to my comment, +1'd my comment, and whoever replied/tagged me. Let's be real, I haven't used Google+ prior to this at all, and I don't have any friends on G+ obviously, but these notifications help me know what feedback I received for whatever comment I posted. In the previous layout, I wouldn't know if people thumbed up my comment or not, and I would only get a message in my inbox if someone replied to my comment, and lord knows I can't be bothered to check my inbox all the time. In the new layout, all this sh*t is available for me to check with just a click of that ^ button right there. Convenient as sh*t, I love it.

Regarding the comments layout, my only gripe is that if people have shared the video, their "share" shows up as a comment as well, which I find useless since it doesn't add to the discussion in the comments section at all unless they say something while they share the video. Other than that, I'm completely fine with the layout, and I like being able to view top comments in descending order.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:13 AM

I have to go into G+ to view comment replies on YouTube, this is terrible because:
A) I need to check G+ for YouTube related stuff, that makes no sense, that's like ringing the car insurance company to order milk. What's even the point of YouTube inbox?
B) If I was a G+ user, it would annoy the f*ck out of me getting inboxes all the time related to YouTube, if I wanted YouTube stuff,I would go to YouTube.

G+ is a failure, Google should f*cking cut it loose, so what, it's a failed venture, trying to tie YouTube into it is going to simply bring that down as well.

For a giant company there seems to be a severe lack of smart people working there.

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( -`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:23 AM Edited by Adler, 09 November 2013 - 03:25 AM.

I have to go into G+ to view comment replies on YouTube, this is terrible because:
A) I need to check G+ for YouTube related stuff, that makes no sense, that's like ringing the car insurance company to order milk. What's even the point of YouTube inbox?

I'm just logged into G+ every time I go on YouTube now (the G+ account is linked to my YouTube account). The difference is seamless, negligible. Frankly, I don't give a sh*t about G+, but in no way does it interfere with my YouTube browsing.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:26 AM

I used to idolize Google but a lot of these stunts lately have tarnished their image imo. I hate how they're so goddamn arrogant as to want to monopolize on everything at the consumer's expense. They're the most popular search engine, one of the most popular email providers (especially for the tech-savvy), the most popular map/directions provider, have the largest online video streaming service, etc. etc. but they just f*cking HAVE to budge into markets that they shouldn't be in to begin with like social networking sites, which are volatile and controlled by idiots.

dtsmucker
  • dtsmucker

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:53 AM

I used to idolize Google but a lot of these stunts lately have tarnished their image imo. I hate how they're so goddamn arrogant as to want to monopolize on everything at the consumer's expense. They're the most popular search engine, one of the most popular email providers (especially for the tech-savvy), the most popular map/directions provider, have the largest online video streaming service, etc. etc. but they just f*cking HAVE to budge into markets that they shouldn't be in to begin with like social networking sites, which are volatile and controlled by idiots.

Has it occured to anyone that they're adhering to international laws, set down to prevent infringments that span continents, and lie outside of local rule? Of course not, because you're all idiots.

CorporalBean675
  • CorporalBean675

Icaras

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:03 AM Edited by CorporalBean675, 09 November 2013 - 04:03 AM.

Has it occured to anyone that they're adhering to international laws, set down to prevent infringments that span continents, and lie outside of local rule? Of course not, because you're all idiots.

Of course it's occurred to us "idiots". But them corresponding to international laws with infringement should not, in any way, affect the rest of the population. You want to stop infringement? f*ck off the internet. There's no way to stop it. If they're that big of a company, they should have got it through their tiny little skulls that this is way beyond what they can control. The people have the power on the internet, NOT giant corporations trying to get more and more money. Greedy f*cks. 

AJ Lee
  • AJ Lee

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:09 AM

Lool who the f*ck are you? You can't even spell occurred or infringement correctly. What a bell end you are.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"Not Santa's balls!"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:58 AM Edited by El_Diablo, 09 November 2013 - 05:59 AM.

I'm just logged into G+ every time I go on YouTube now (the G+ account is linked to my YouTube account).

yes but that's retarded.

some of us don't want to use G+ just to use YouTube the way we were accustomed to.

G+ is a terrible service and the whole new YouTube system update is garbage.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users