Photo

New YouTube commenting system

175 replies to this topic
CorporalBean675
  • CorporalBean675

Icaras

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:01 PM

I f*cking hate it tbh. Google's now forcing everyone to change (or at least sort of merge) their YouTube accounts with their automatically created Google+ accounts. This is pathetic and sad. Google's way of improving things is by trying to shove it up their users' asses and trying to keep it there. This new commenting system is horrendous because it's all just organized in a f*cked up way where everything's all just messy, you haffff to login with your G+ account if you want to rate up or comment, the uploader can now approve which comment gets through and which doesn't without even a f*cking notice like before, and now all your friends will know what you wrote in your comment since it links them to your activity (I know there's probably an option to turn this off but still!). Google's absolutely done it this time. Horrible. Just bloody horrible. Now, feel free to disagree and/or correct me but dude, Google should at least give users the chance to decide what THEY want rather than then pathetically forcing it on everyone.

• StormerBoy, Gtaghost22, Ramyhyday and 1 other like this

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:17 PM

Linking youtube with G+ is stupid. I have not a single person on G+, but If I did I am sure they don't give a f*ck about my YT activity, and if they did, I wouldn't want them to see what I post on things, some of the questions I need to ask and the videos I watch.

More annoyingly, either I have my full name on Youtube (Yeah like I want youtubers stalking me out, some of those people will want to attack you for disagreeing with them) or I have to use my Youtube Username as my G+ username, which is pretty stupid considering how lame my username is.

Youtube stated "We want to create more intelligent discussion." Yeah that's gonna happen.

• Adler and Jornereanty like this

Vlynor
  • Vlynor

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:19 PM

I wouldn't want them to see what I post on things, some of the questions I need to ask and the videos I watch.

"Finn just commented on "New Penis Enlargement Surgical Technique 2013" - Does it really work?"

• Adler, F4L? and 727gta like this

NarcoDarkness
  • NarcoDarkness

Damn Dude.

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:20 PM

Damn it YouTube, why can't you just leave things the way they are..

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:23 PM

Yeah, I actually created an entirely new gmail where I put in my first and last name as my username just to get around this garbage.

I'm also sick of them asking me for my mobile number every time I log in, too.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:29 PM

Yeah, I actually created an entirely new gmail where I put in my first and last name as my username just to get around this garbage.

I'm also sick of them asking me for my mobile number every time I log in, too.

NSA needs your name and mobile number.

• UltraGizmo64 and theadmiral like this

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

GTAF's #1 Trevor hater.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:31 PM Edited by Shenmue18, 07 November 2013 - 01:34 PM.

Yeah, Google is really f*cking this website up. I don't want and don't need a damn Google Plus account, I have one friend who has a G+ account and he never uses it, no one is going to use Google+ over Facebook, get over it Google. I used to love YT but ever since Google decided to start changing what Steve Chen, Chad Hurley and Jawed Karim

built, this website has been going way downhill. 

CorporalBean675
  • CorporalBean675

Icaras

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:42 PM

First it was the video responses being taken out, then the utterly disgusting and minimalistic channel layout change, and now THIS?! Google can go eat dicks. They're ruining YouTube more and more but this is by far the worst change ever. Of all time. In the history of YouTube. 

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:46 PM

It was bad enough trying to dig through the innumerable drop boxes and side panels to finally find my inbox. I have no idea why they had to bury it so deep in the mess of the new layout updates.

• theadmiral likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:47 PM Edited by theadmiral, 07 November 2013 - 01:47 PM.

The new inbox is a total disgrace, whats up with the huge first letter of the  first name of the sender that pops up on the side? Whats up with valid emails being automatically classed as promotions and filtered out? The whole thing sucks.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:55 PM

First it was the video responses being taken out, then the utterly disgusting and minimalistic channel layout change, and now THIS?! Google can go eat dicks. They're ruining YouTube more and more but this is by far the worst change ever. Of all time. In the history of YouTube. 

So far.

• theadmiral likes this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:59 PM

HELL!

I was just gonna reply to someone in a vid I watched not just ten minutes ago....CAN'T! :die:

the previous one was waaaaaaaay much better :^:

in this one the like, dislike and reply buttons disappeared! :( and the goddamned username-change thing forced me to watch the entire video just because I pressed something! :sui:

at- at least I may heard things much better about Spyro that I might messed! :santa:

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:00 PM

Who in their right mind would want to use their full legal name and provide their mobile number in a community like youtube? You make one comment disagreeing with someone and you've got some wannabe hacker 15 year old finding your address if your name is unique enough and posting it up there or whatever else.

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:06 PM

It's actual sh*t.

Myron
  • Myron

I shot Reagan

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:18 PM

Yeah it's pretty bad.

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:21 PM Edited by WinterEdit, 09 November 2013 - 10:09 PM.

If anyone is interested in changing it:

https://www.change.o...s-original-form

Just decided to post this since I dislike it too.

Petition advertisement probably breaks some rules in here (don't know), but if it does, this is an exception; this has to be changed.

• WildBrick142 likes this

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:30 PM

Just decided to post this since I dislike it too. 1.5k signs to go.

Petition advertisement probably breaks some rules in here (don't know), but if it does, this is an exception; this has to be changed.

Good idea :^:

I doubt it will change much though :( Google are greedy scum that are afraid of feedback and criticism.

Criѕtian
  • Criѕtian

2K14

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:39 PM

You guys, you don't get it. YouTube have "listened" to us and made this change: http://youtube-globa...w-comments.html

It was bad enough trying to dig through the innumerable drop boxes and side panels to finally find my inbox. I have no idea why they had to bury it so deep in the mess of the new layout updates.

Tell me about it. It's just like their web browser (Chrome). Oversimplified interface to the point that it's complicated to accomplish simple tasks.

AJ Lee
  • AJ Lee

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:51 PM

I don't get it, where do I go to view my comment replies?

When I troll on YT one of the best things is all the replies I get, now I can't see them in my inbox?

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:53 PM

I don't get it, where do I go to view my comment replies?

When I troll on YT one of the best things is all the replies I get, now I can't see them in my inbox?

they said all those has "moved to +Google" or something. :sui:

DA HELL WHAT GOOGLE PLUS MIGHT DO WITH YOUTUBE? ain't I said that the damned site hates me? :p

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:56 PM

So if I made it to where my comments and playlists are private, will people be able to see them now???

D- Ice
  • D- Ice

Gangsta

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:09 PM

I completely agree with the OP and general opinions here.

The impression I get is that every time they want to update their service, they have to completely overhaul it, removing or changing the good as well as the bad, resulting in a system almost unrecognisable from the old one (IMO anyway).

I was also enjoying the privacy of posting comments and favouriting vids anonymously, which Youtube seems to want me to give up for my real name.

I'm planning to add all my Youtube Favourite to a 'Youtube' folder in my internet Favourites, and closing my Youtube and Google Plus accounts. When I feel I have the time and effort to spare, maybe I'll open a new anonymous Youtube and Google Plus account, but I doubt it - not worth it just so I can post comments.

arziben
  • arziben

✈::::::: pew pew pew

• Members
  • France

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:12 PM

Just decided to post this since I dislike it too. 1.5k signs to go.

Good idea :^:

I doubt it will change much though :( Google are greedy scum that are afraid of feedback and criticism.

weird... that reminds me of so many companies lately

Mince
  • Mince

Mnage trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:50 PM Edited by Mince, 07 November 2013 - 07:51 PM.

What a terrible change. I just deleted my Google+ account. There wasn't much point in me using it to start with, but I don't want to wake up one day and have it unwillingly merged with my YouTube, so I went ahead and deleted it. I guess I'll never be able to comment on YouTube again.

I also agree about Chrome. Oversimplified to ridiculousness. I'd much rather drag around a USB drive with Firefox to every computer I use instead of having to use Chrome.

I guess this is nothing but whining, nonetheless. I would love to get YouTube back to the way it was, but at the same time, I'm not ready to just drop my YouTube forever. It's a totally optional and free service, but it's one that's become so important that I get mad with every change (terrible changes yes). I'm not really sure what to do beyond this. Getting rid of comments isn't the end of it, just like forcing you to get a Google account with every YouTube account or removing channel backgrounds or removing video responses wasn't the end of it.

AJ Lee
  • AJ Lee

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:56 PM

So where do the replies to my YT comments go?

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

Anything 80's

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:21 PM

I didn't get what the OP meant until I looked (well, tried to) in my inbox. You can't even simply press "Reply" to comments on your own videos any more, at least not that I could find. You have to go through a link in the e-mail you got with the comment, which of course doesn't work either. I don't get why these people feel the need to constantly make Youtube worse.

GTA 360
  • GTA 360

LIVE WITH IT OR DIE FROM IT.

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:52 PM Edited by GTA 360, 07 November 2013 - 08:54 PM.

Google have ruined Youtube since they got their hands on it, they changed the video loading so it buffers all the time (I changed that back on the app thing because my internet is too slow for the new system) and they changed the standard size of the videos in small screen, where the title is the like bar, and the way the video always loads in HD ect. Now this. It's just like what they're trying to do with Chrome, when it was first released there were 8 big squares that you decided what website they went to when you clicked them and you could move them to wherever you wanted them. and the address bar was a Google search bar as well Then they changed it so you couldn't move them or change them and they only changed based on your activity, and now they have made the boxes so they seam to change more often with the same activity, they are a lot smaller and down at the bottom and now there is a Google search bar in the middle of the screen  even thought the address bar is a search bar.

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:36 PM Edited by Joe Chip, 07 November 2013 - 10:52 PM.

I think that's the end of Youtube for me too, once I get my favorite videos/channels in a folder. Just Gmail and Android from now on.

Here's the URL for user feeds (RSS) if you want to 'subscribe' to users without an account:

https://gdata.youtub...licBill/uploads

(Replace MetallicBill with the username of whoever you want to see the updates from; find a feed reader (I think Mozilla Thunderbird does feed reading) if you want to be updated automatically.)

e: There, it's done! Almost 2.500 comments in the four years I've had an account, apparently. Also they didn't even ask me why I was leaving like google+ did. :/

haythem09
  • haythem09

Honorbru Dispray

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:14 PM

Looking at the way Comments are organized....

Well, at least we'll see the return of those comments about people's journies trying to find the comment that the Top-Comment replied to. Anyone remember those? Like:

"On the search for *Insert Username*'s comment, Day 6. It's getting colder, supplies are low, and we've lost 8 men. The Morale is low but we still tread on. I try to convice them we'll find it soon. We haven't recieved calls from Jimmy who we sent scouting, I'm worried he might be dead."

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Bernd das Bumpy Brot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:22 PM

f*cking Youtube/Google. I've got a feeling that even if we've got a petition set up and get enough signatures, they wouldn't listen.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users