Photo

Racing etiquette

47 replies to this topic
Kendoyid
  • Kendoyid

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:05 PM

the amount of people that come up behind me with the only intent of taking me out is hilarious,most of the time its them that end up coming off worse when it would have been so much easier to just overtake me,think most of the ones that do it just aint got a clue how to drive.

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:07 PM

the amount of people that come up behind me with the only intent of taking me out is hilarious,most of the time its them that end up coming off worse when it would have been so much easier to just overtake me,think most of the ones that do it just aint got a clue how to drive.

Yeah I've noticed if you turn to counter a PIT right before they try, it seems to send them flying into walls. I like it when that happens.

T0lly
  • T0lly

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:10 PM

Seems you Professional Racing Drivers picked up the wrong kind of game.

No we didn't. Sandbox games can make for some of the best racing games because it is more realistic in a anything can go kind of setting. What other kind of current racing game you wipe out a pedestrian while taking corners and such, none.

Other than a 6 year old Need for Speed underground game can you decide to out in Free Roam with some friends and jump down mountains then later go back to a racing lobby with new mods, that right, none.

So your opinions matter to you but others have their own opinions and how they like to race, that is why there is a quit option and a kick option, to either leave and find other like minded people or to kick those others they don't like out.

Yes, agreed.

Games like GTA Online offer the option to play in many different ways. If I want to play like is a racing sim, I can (so can you). If I want to play like a dick and see how many objects I can ram into, I can (so can you). The best thing about it is that there are others that want to play in these different ways and we can seperate from each other if so desired.

Kendoyid
  • Kendoyid

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:10 PM

Don't go into public races with the mindset that everyone's going to let you pass without ramming you though,I've been through that lol. Went into a race,thought everyone was racing clean,then came the rams :D

I don't mind getting rammed on a race,it adds fun if anything. And I'll only ram if someone else does it,if not I'll just keep the distance and race.

Then again 90% of the time I'm only playing with my friends :D

i agree,if im in with non friends i expect carnage & just laugh about it,i always try & join a longer race that actually requires some skill,that way you can afford some crashes & still finish near the front,just steer clear of crminal records & down the drain.

SCS_Skreamies
  • SCS_Skreamies

Fiji

• Members
  • Fiji

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:13 PM

I race with people I know. Can't stand some of the people online.

My rules:

1. Give space to other drivers

2. Overtake when I know I can & not in stupid situations

3. If you try and hit my car then you have something coming your way.

I try and race as clean as possible coming from a racing background.

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:13 PM

Yeah I get it that people are gonna play the way they're gonna play. I'm not exactly bitching at those people that can't race I'm just trying to illustrate that there are other ways of playing. I'd say my win/loss ratio is probably better than people who tend to ram others anyway.

darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homie

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:14 PM Edited by darkdayz, 07 November 2013 - 03:14 PM.

There are no rules. Rules are get to the finish line in the best possible time. If I'm 2nd and there is 20 seconds left, and the only way to surpass and get 1st is to PIT or ram the person in 1st place, then so be it. I want the money and RP. Why would you not want to achieve 1st.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:19 PM

this is gta, if not breaking is gonna get me around the corner first
that's what i'm going to do

EliteGamer
  • EliteGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:46 PM

The complete guide to racing etiquette

You ram someone - "lol chill bro, it's only a game"
Someone rams you - "OMFG, WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT? YOU #%$#£@!"

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:48 PM

Yeah I can't say I've ever seen someone I suspect rammed me on purpose appologize for doing it. In fact if they did and said it was an accident I probably wouldn't even try to pit them when I catch up. Do it twice though and you're on the list.

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:51 PM

The funniest people I run into are the ones who I'm behind, trying to pass legit with a good amount of space between us, then they react as if I'm going to ram them or they are late trying to block, and end up PIT maneuvering themselves with my car......then they bitch at me. f*cking idiots. 

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:54 PM

Blocking is fine if you're a few hundred feet from the finish but  yeah if you mess up it's your own fault.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:58 AM

I don't expect etiquette from randoms and I get winning at all costs but I don't get why racers behind the lead pit each other to make sure neither is going to win and most likely lose position.

I wouldn't mind a racing mode with the winner decided on a point system so I can choose to occasionally not play bumper car racing.

sparkydeltorro
  • sparkydeltorro

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:00 AM

I love clean racing. But I've given up trying in this game.

GTA is not the place for it.

Ram everyone and be as cheap as possible.

Mr Walker
  • Mr Walker

No. I don't like you.

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:24 AM Edited by Mr Walker, 08 November 2013 - 03:24 AM.

How about you go and buy a racing game if you want a professional and clean feel. This is Grand Theft Auto

Yeah!  This is where the lowest common denominator, the inbred and the mentally defective hang out.

Damn you opie for expecting anything other than idiots and boorish behaviour.

mealymouthmongolian
  • mealymouthmongolian

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:36 AM

I race clean 99% of the time. That other 1% will get you though...

600noodles
  • 600noodles

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:41 AM

if youre really that into racing go play forza. this is not meant to be a realistic racer 

JOEBEEZ
  • JOEBEEZ

Fanny Bandit

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:47 AM

Trading paint is part and parcel of most disciplines of racing (with the exception being open-wheelers) however deliberate PIT's and Slipstream ramming are as dirty as tactics come.

However since COD and BF came out I've seen a notable decline in the number of idiots in races, to the point where now maybe 40%-50% of races are clean.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users