Racing etiquette

47 replies to this topic
Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:37 PM

These are more like suggestions so feel free to add any.

- Don't race backwards when you're not winning, no one likes that guy.

- If you're host, try to encourage people to vote for other tracks, racing the sewers OVER and OVER again freaking sucks.

- If you're host there exists more than Super, sports and motorcycle races. Try being a little original.

- If you're about to enter a corner and there's 15 freaking cars in the way, try slowing down and avoiding them cause you know... solid objects are solid.

- If you drive a pink car and pit maneuver everyone you suck donkey rectal warts.

- No one likes your stupid clown horn drowning out everyone else at the start.

- Rally's suck unless you're all friends in the room and WANT to race rally.

- If you're way back in 16th and you're passing 15th, try PASSING them instead of ramming them into some corner or pitting them, you go MUCH faster if you take turns slip streaming together and believe it or not actually have a chance of catching up instead of just f*cking yourself and the other person over. Same thing applies to any position behind 1st.

- If you're second, the same rule above applies and will keep you from letting the pack catch up. Use this, don't try to crash the guy in 1st it isn't worth the risk.

- Learn how to brake BEFORE a turn, then turn and accelerate out of the turn. GTA doesn't believe in ABS.

-Turn Catch up off, that sh*t is for pussies.

- Turn traffic on in most cases, turning it off is for pussies

That is all, enjoy racing. Believe it or not, there exists this game called racing, it's a lot of fun when you get good at it.

• ShinobiFixer and willeyj like this

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:40 PM Edited by WinterEdit, 07 November 2013 - 12:40 PM.

My personal racing etiquette:

Be polite.

Be efficient.

Have a plan to ram everyone you distrust.

• Myles Prower likes this

JayJ47
  • JayJ47

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:43 PM

I just race with people I know, thats not to say it doesn't sometimes descend into anarchy but thats part of the fun.

Dasrouse
  • Dasrouse

#1 Super Guy!!!!

• Members
  • Kyrgyzstan

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:46 PM

Opinions, opinions, opinions. Let folks just have fun. As long as you aren't grieving other racers, its fine by me. If you think you're that good at racing, then you'll love the challenge slipstream offers. Turning that off is for pussies.

namaste100
  • namaste100

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:47 PM Edited by namaste100, 07 November 2013 - 12:50 PM.

- If you're host, try to encourage people to vote for other tracks, racing the sewers OVER and OVER again freaking sucks.

- If you're host there exists more than Super, sports and motorcycle races. Try being a little original.

- If you're about to enter a corner and there's 15 freaking cars in the way, try slowing down and avoiding them cause you know... solid objects are solid.

- If you drive a pink car and pit maneuver everyone you suck donkey rectal warts.

- If you're way back in 16th and you're passing 15th, try PASSING them instead of ramming them into some corner or pitting them, you go MUCH faster if you take turns slip streaming together and believe it or not actually have a chance of catching up instead of just f*cking yourself and the other person over. Same thing applies to any position behind 1st.

- If you're second, the same rule above applies and will keep you from letting the pack catch up. Use this, don't try to crash the guy in 1st it isn't worth the risk.

- Learn how to brake BEFORE a turn, then turn and accelerate out of the turn. GTA doesn't believe in ABS.

That is all, enjoy racing. Believe it or not, there exists this game called racing, it's a lot of fun when you get good at it.

This

Never ceases to amaze me how someone seems content in coming 15th. So long as its not 16th hey! O.o   But its usually the other way around.  Guy in 15th tries to ram 16th as he passes.  How about let them pass, then use the slipstream you fool.  There just seems to be this knee jerk reaction of not letting anyone past, at all costs.

Oz70NYC
  • Oz70NYC

The Urban Samurai

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:48 PM

When I have the need for speed, I play Need For Speed, or Midnight Club, or Gran Turismo 5, or Mod Nation Racers. I stay away from racing in GTAO like the black death unless it's with friends or crew mates. When I race, I like to actually race, not play bumper cars.

gtarelatedusername2
  • gtarelatedusername2

Demanufacture

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:52 PM

;D

Seems like by 'get good at it' you're trying to say 'play how I want you to play'. I have no problem with racing clean, but I'm going to PIT every Adder driving dbag with my Hot Pink Cheetah and look fabulous while doing so. Mee-yow!

I agree about the slip streaming though.

D_Marco
  • D_Marco

The Anti-Theist

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:55 PM

Avoid racers in pink cars is my rule of thumb. 99% of the time they're the one who cause the most trouble during a race.

• vw11 likes this

GrndZero
  • GrndZero

Old enough to be your dad.

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:04 PM

If you think you're that good at racing, then you'll love the challenge slipstream offers. Turning that off is for pussies.

Too bad you can't turn that off. You must be referring to Catchup and I agree with turning that off.

This is one that is like a 60/40 for me. There are some routes that traffic will just cause way too much chaos. For example, Downtown Underground. The stunt jump off of the bridge, 90% of the time, the AI puts a car right at the bottom of the jump so you will just slam into this car every time. Tracks with a lot of side road, AI makes the car turn right when you are coming at them.

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:06 PM

I like the added challenge of traffic.

• willeyj likes this

Endological
  • Endological

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:36 PM

Win the race at ANY cost. Simple. Its really cute to watch people play nice and all that, but the money and rp is mine.

• gtarelatedusername2 likes this

loki993
  • loki993

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:37 PM

Problems...I try to race clean...but the issue is you have no idea of anyone else is going to and 90 percent of the time they don't. Almost no one used catchup so what ends up happening is you pass, get to first....idiot behind you slipstreams you then slams you into the ditch and keeps going...you have no way to catch him now and he knows it....

Also its very hard to pass on some of the the tracks and Ill hit people on accident....

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:40 PM

Do salad forks go on the left or right?
  • gtarelatedusername2 likes this

Hugef1
  • Hugef1

Playa

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:42 PM

Win the race at ANY cost. Simple. Its really cute to watch people play nice and all that, but the money and rp is mine.

What's your username so I can avoid your c*ntish behaviour?

elmo87
  • elmo87

Hustler

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:52 PM

How about we just all load up in sandking and cross the finish line together . Race etiquette for gta online ? Are u kidding me . I mean I hate when ppl pit me as much as the other guy , but really can u blame ppl for doing it ? Its either lose their position or spin u out of control. Also some ppl just can't drive , so when a turn comes up they don't hit the brakes and ram into u anyway. Traffic and pitting is what make gta racing , gta racing . This is coming from a guy who thinks racing in this game is based on luck.

Why do guys insist on changing the game from what it is. First u don't want anyone to kill u in free roam , now u want everybody to slow down so u can win the race . Why don't you play Gran Turismo Or Sims 4 ?

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:54 PM

There's a strange looking hair growing out of your nostril.

namsek
  • namsek

APEX

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:55 PM Edited by namsek, 07 November 2013 - 01:56 PM.

That's what makes you a douche bag like all the others. It's really cute how you are not good enough to win without those tactics :)

goofyco
  • goofyco

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:57 PM

normal GTA racing is for Trevors only - join a clean racing crew if youre serious about racing

• namsek likes this

T0lly
  • T0lly

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:02 PM

Good points and I agree. I enjoy different styles and if the race type is GTA then all is fair in my opinion. If is standard type then I have much more fun trying to stay clean and professional in my racing style. I also enjoy traffic on as I find it much more of a challenge to race clean and avoid the random NPC drivers.

Invite me or anyone on my crew if you want someone decent to race with.

• mealymouthmongolian likes this

rAdaSsaCe
  • rAdaSsaCe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:03 PM

Unless you start from pole, sit at the back at wait for everyone else to take each other out, rattle through the pack, last to first. Victory !!

Or leap into a fast start, lead for 2 laps and then get nudged into a wall,passed by 6 cars and finish 7th !!!!

The amount of races i'v lost by no fault of my own, anyway it's all part of the game.

Inferior drivers I tell myself, nothing more pleasing than being rammed off the road by someone, to catch them back up, overtake them, hoot the horn and finish ahead of them, I can see their foolish faces, crimson with rage !!!

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:12 PM

I actually like the guy that drives backwards.

Got a lot of practice avoiding those guys in GTA 4.  They always end up helping me win..lol

rAdaSsaCe
  • rAdaSsaCe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:14 PM

Seen a few tactics of guys reversing into the guy behind at the start, funnier if the guy has a mic on.

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:16 PM

I like you

elmo87
  • elmo87

Hustler

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:20 PM

How about we just all load up in sandking and cross the finish line together . Race etiquette for gta online ? Are u kidding me . I mean I hate when ppl pit me as much as the other guy , but really can u blame ppl for doing it ? Its either lose their position or spin u out of control. Also some ppl just can't drive , so when a turn comes up they don't hit the brakes and ram into u anyway. Traffic and pitting is what make gta racing , gta racing . This is coming from a guy who thinks racing in this game is based on luck.

Why do guys insist on changing the game from what it is. First u don't want anyone to kill u in free roam , now u want everybody to slow down so u can win the race . Why don't you play Gran Turismo Or Sims 4 ?

petraeus
  • petraeus

Thug

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:22 PM

there is none, second place is really just first place loser of all the losers

Saint.
  • Saint.

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:23 PM Edited by Saint., 07 November 2013 - 02:24 PM.

Don't go into public races with the mindset that everyone's going to let you pass without ramming you though,I've been through that lol. Went into a race,thought everyone was racing clean,then came the rams :D

I don't mind getting rammed on a race,it adds fun if anything. And I'll only ram if someone else does it,if not I'll just keep the distance and race.

Then again 90% of the time I'm only playing with my friends :D

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:27 PM

I'm a clean racer and I was planning on painting my Manana in pink. Then again, who the f*ck races in sports classics these days?

Endological
  • Endological

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:50 PM

How about you go and buy a racing game if you want a professional and clean feel. This is Grand Theft Auto, I really cannot fathom what goes on in some peoples brains. You certaintly aint the f**king moral police because you all like me go around killing virtual depictions of human beings. Seems you Professional Racing Drivers picked up the wrong kind of game.

GrndZero
  • GrndZero

Old enough to be your dad.

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:01 PM

Seems you Professional Racing Drivers picked up the wrong kind of game.

No we didn't. Sandbox games can make for some of the best racing games because it is more realistic in a anything can go kind of setting. What other kind of current racing game you wipe out a pedestrian while taking corners and such, none.

Other than a 6 year old Need for Speed underground game can you decide to out in Free Roam with some friends and jump down mountains then later go back to a racing lobby with new mods, that right, none.

So your opinions matter to you but others have their own opinions and how they like to race, that is why there is a quit option and a kick option, to either leave and find other like minded people or to kick those others they don't like out.

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:05 PM

Yeah, I'm a fairly talented racer and I love racing in GTA. It's just fun and the physics aren't too bad.

Sure I like my Forza games but when I just feel like goofing off GTA is my go-to racing game. Still enjoy a good race though, not so much destruction derby's.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users