• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:53 PM

Hot topic

Timpey
  • Timpey

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:00 PM

Some people don't have five or ten extra bucks a month. So check your own privilege.

Thanks for reminding me why I deleted all my social networking accounts last year though. Because of irascible nitpickers just like this.

/unfollow post

Saying "check your privilege" over and over again doesn't amount to anything, especially considering you own a ps3, have access to the internet, and apparently can afford a 60 dollar game, you whiny hypocrite.

This.

Some people just like to whine on the forums. Boo hoo 2 kids etc. If you couldn't afford 2, don't have 2! We have 1 at the moment for this reason.

ISL_Eightone
  • ISL_Eightone

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:03 PM

I don't know how stupid people who buy the cash cards are, but they certainly have class privilege if they can afford to throw away money on in-game money. I know I can't. I'm hella poor.

So basically the game is giving advantage to those who already have advantage. No matter how unfair this is and how I don't like it, it's actually how the world works, sad to say. Yay, capitalism. /sarcasm

This post reeks of jealousy.

Raylion
  • Raylion

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:06 PM

Some people don't have five or ten extra bucks a month. So check your own privilege.

Thanks for reminding me why I deleted all my social networking accounts last year though. Because of irascible nitpickers just like this.

/unfollow post

I wasn't going to join in on this particular part of the thread because getting embroiled in class discussions never ends well but hey ho.

"So check your own privilege"

This is a bizarre thing to say...

I don't consider it a privilege to work for a living giving up my time so that I can forge out a life with the remaining hours that are left.  Its a necessity but certainly not a privilege.

You consider something that costs less than the price of a cinema ticket to be in the realms of the privileged and yet buy the game which costs significantly more.

I'm sorry that you're having trouble financially but I struggle with the notion that you buy a game on credit card you can't afford and then come on here complaining about optional associated costs with that game.  The problem isn't the privilege of others but money management and your lack of it.

• ISL_Eightone likes this

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:24 PM Edited by Zwenkwiel, 07 November 2013 - 08:33 PM.

I can buy a cash cards?

hahahaha....why would you do that? thats stupid as f*ck...

Why is it stupid? Supporting the company that's produced the game will allow them to justify creating more content.

What's stupid is all the glitchers abusing the system and costing developer time to close the loop-holes.

micro transactions are stupid because they negatively impact the game design
rewards are so low it's either grind your balls off in boring races or pay up to get all the high end goodies, which IMO sucks because in game rewards shouldn't rely on mechanics outside the game. it breaks all possible sense of being rewarded if you can just outright buy them

secondly it breaks immersion or whatever, really takes you out of the game
when I'm playing a game I payed for I don't even want to think about spending real money or my bank account or whatever, games are a form of escapism, microtransactions kind of ruins this for me

don't get me wrong I don't mind paying R* for their hard work and creativity or maintaining the servers
what I do mind is paying for a bunch of automatically generated 1's and 0's giving in game advantages

and to think R* set such a nice standard with their DLC's for gta 4
30 bucks a pop and you got more than most full price games offer.
none of this horse armor crap other devs used to do.
now it seems they're going the same way with microtransactions and small DLC's

think that covers why cash cards are stupid without needing some half assed political argument about not being privileged.

some people don't even have kids, you bastard XD

Nasir_Jones
  • Nasir_Jones

Gta V Mexican Cartel Member

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:28 PM

I do have a question for those that think its stupid.  Why do you think its stupid?

I've said why I think it isn't stupid but none of you have said why it is.  I suspect I know the answer but some clarity would be nice.

because there is no point to spend real life money on virtual money, R* became greedy and made these cash cards to get even more money then they did selling the game. Gta Online is free, it was a bonus that came with V so I shouldn't have to waste my money on something that was given to me freely.

JayJ47
  • JayJ47

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:31 PM

The cash cards themselves are not stupid its the fact that because we have them Rockstar have clearly made it so that it is way harder to get money in game then it should be. The only worthwhile thing to do is race which is a shame.

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:41 PM

The cash cards themselves are not stupid its the fact that because we have them Rockstar have clearly made it so that it is way harder to get money in game then it should be. The only worthwhile thing to do is race which is a shame.

That's not true. It's just a stupid thing that people against microtransactions say. R* said they'd be reviewing the payouts for the jobs and see how fast money is accumulating. They just lowered the pay to lengthen the life of their game. Doing so isn't going to make people who weren't going to buy cash cards buy cash cards. 

And the guy with 2 kids who has a PS3, spent $60 on a game and is living in an expensive city even though he doesn't have an extra $5....

Why the f*ck don't you move? Doesn't sound like you have a good paying job that requires you to stay where you are.

Raylion
  • Raylion

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:03 PM Edited by Raylion, 07 November 2013 - 09:07 PM.

I do have a question for those that think its stupid.  Why do you think its stupid?

I've said why I think it isn't stupid but none of you have said why it is.  I suspect I know the answer but some clarity would be nice.

because there is no point to spend real life money on virtual money, R* became greedy and made these cash cards to get even more money then they did selling the game. Gta Online is free, it was a bonus that came with V so I shouldn't have to waste my money on something that was given to me freely.

I see where you're coming from and I do agree in part but I don't mind it so much if some of the profit is used to improve the online experience/service.  If this is all we get, nothing ever changes going forward and/or the service gets worse then I'll probably find myself agreeing with you more.  But its an optional thing regardless so in effect the online game is still free anyway if you pay or not.

I think from my experience I've been used to subscription based MMO's for too long so going online and not paying a monthly sub is quite novel.  Paying the odd micro-transaction now and then is more preferable to me than a regular monthly payment.

D. Bigalow
  • D. Bigalow

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:07 PM

I can buy a cash cards?

hahahaha....why would you do that? thats stupid as f*ck...

Yea I'm rolling with 1 bill in my bank and 8m cash... who cares about cash cards.

If I had to guess, probably someone who doesn't give a single f*ck about you or your money.

madwullie
  • madwullie

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:09 PM

I used to pirate games all the time. I'd say a decade passed where I didn't actually pay for any software at all.

Then, I grew up, got a proper career and just started paying for stuff I wanted. I still know how and where to get pirated material, but for a reason I can't quite explain, I don't. I buy the sh*t I want now.

I feel exactly the same way about cashcards in GTA.

Nasir_Jones
  • Nasir_Jones

Gta V Mexican Cartel Member

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:10 PM

I see where you're coming from and I do agree in part but I don't mind it so much if some of the profit is used to improve the online experience/service.  If this is all we get, nothing ever changes going forward and/or the service gets worse then I'll probably find myself agreeing with you more.  But its an optional thing regardless so in effect the online game is still free anyway if you pay or not.

I think from my experience I've been used to subscription based MMO's for too long so going online and not paying a monthly sub is quite novel.  Paying the odd micro-transaction now and then is more preferable to me than a regular monthly payment.
I would never put my real money toward those cash cards, I have enough money to last me till the next Gta. Even if I get reset, I'll be glad to just do all the missions and put hard work into gaining money like the rest of the people that haven't glitched. I'm not paying R* anymore money unless it's for a DLC or a new game.

Raylion
  • Raylion

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:28 PM Edited by Raylion, 07 November 2013 - 10:00 PM.

I would never put my real money toward those cash cards, I have enough money to last me till the next Gta. Even if I get reset, I'll be glad to just do all the missions and put hard work into gaining money like the rest of the people that haven't glitched. I'm not paying R* anymore money unless it's for a DLC or a new game.

Ah...that puts a totally different spin on things for me now.  Whats different for me is I haven't glitched the system for virtual money and would rather pay real money to support R*'s future efforts so I'm less inclined to agree with your point of view now I know you've glitched.

I thought you were taking a point of principle against R* as a consumer but in fact you've just abused the system to get what you want and can now bypass any service R* offers.

EDIT:  It's actually harder for me to take you serious now given in this thread you have said:

"Even if I get reset, I'll be glad to just do all the missions and put hard work into gaining money like the rest of the people that haven't glitched."

But here in the first post of a thread just created by you http://gtaforums.com...f-r-resets-you/  you've said about being reset:

"I personally would put Gta on the shelf and go play other games."

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:20 PM

I see every1 defending Micro transactions conviently skips over my previous post and all it's arguments

AGNT009
  • AGNT009

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:13 PM

So when is Judgement Day coming to those who glitched? Im feeling stupid now grinding and playing legit all this time if the glitchers got the 500k and their glitch purchases as well. Makes me not want to grind anymore.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users