Photo

Flow on effects of stimulus

20 replies to this topic
Scumbag_Dave
  • Scumbag_Dave

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:10 PM

Now that I've received my $500k, I've been doing a bit of reflection on it. For those of us who were with GTAO from the beginning and went through all the problems and issues, I think this is a fair reward.

However, what about those who only started in recent weeks? For all the patience we've endured, these relatively new players are basically walking into a windfall. We've had to work for an apartment, and they just get handed one to them.

Now that everyone will have an apartment, it does render an apartment a little bit more meaningless.

What do y'all think?

stocksyuto
  • stocksyuto

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:14 PM Edited by stocksyuto, 07 November 2013 - 12:15 PM.

It does your right, i logged on earlier and there was 10 players going in and out of the 391/400k apartment killing everyone and planting bombs outside the garage, usually that apartment is clear because people dont want it or cant afford it

RubberGrip
  • RubberGrip

Sticky Bandit

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:19 PM

Only if uv been online in the month of october ul recieve the stimulus. Anyone now starting online wont get it

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:22 PM

Well I started later, sometime around mid/late October. I also lost roughly 260k through bugs like my coquette and all the money I used to buy it dissapearing. So even those that started late still deserve it.

Zarathustra71
  • Zarathustra71

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:28 PM

Why does someone have to be a 'have not' for you to enjoy what you 'have'?

TiberiusCrimeFam
  • TiberiusCrimeFam

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:32 PM

It's not sufficient I succeed. Everyone else must fail.

Scumbag_Dave
  • Scumbag_Dave

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:33 PM

Because everything in life is relative dude. The reason why brands like LV, Porsche and Rolex are expensive is because they are relatively scarce. If everyone had them they would be de-valued immediately. They are for rich people to separate themselves from the poor.

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Virgo

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:36 PM

No one starting now can have it so its fair. I'm glad I replaced Eclipse Towers for Weazle Plaza before this tho. The terrible 400,000 apartment couldn't get any worse but now EVERYONE lives there.

Oz70NYC
  • Oz70NYC

The Urban Samurai

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:42 PM

I've been on GTAO since it launched, and lost 3 characters before the fix, a lvl 15, 9 and 36. So that's a grand total of 60 levels lost. Add that to my current character, who's now 57...and I'd be a LEGITIMATE level 117 right now, 3 levels shy of the minigun, without the use of Criminal Records. Is half a mil adequate compensation for all of that now lost game time? Hell f*ckin' no. R* could've kept their money if they could've restored characters instead. What good is even having a truckload of cash when you don't have the level to unlock the higher grade weapons? Buy a super car you say? $500K doesn't even buy you one of the high end ones. So basically for the price of losing hours of work in characters that are now like the snow from last year's winter...gone from existence...they've given everyone enough money to buy the $400K condo and have a lil' spending cash. BIG WHOOP. I already have 2.7 million from doing activities, jobs and survivals. What's another $500K gonna do for me?

Don't get me wrong, for all of the people happy about the payout, I understand why. But for someone in my position, and I know there are plenty more out there, it's fruitless compensation no where near the value of what we lost in hours playing the game. And with no news as to when we're getting the add-on stuff, I'm finding my incentive to come back growing smaller and smaller every day. [/rant]

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:44 PM

The apartment is relatively useless until heists are released anyway tbh.

TiiMeP
  • TiiMeP

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:45 PM

I've been on GTAO since it launched, and lost 3 characters before the fix, a lvl 15, 9 and 36. So that's a grand total of 60 levels lost. Add that to my current character, who's now 57...and I'd be a LEGITIMATE level 117 right now, 3 levels shy of the minigun, without the use of Criminal Records. Is half a mil adequate compensation for all of that now lost game time? Hell f*ckin' no. R* could've kept their money if they could've restored characters instead. What good is even having a truckload of cash when you don't have the level to unlock the higher grade weapons? Buy a super car you say? $500K doesn't even buy you one of the high end ones. So basically for the price of losing hours of work in characters that are now like the snow from last year's winter...gone from existence...they've given everyone enough money to buy the $400K condo and have a lil' spending cash. BIG WHOOP. I already have 2.7 million from doing activities, jobs and survivals. What's another $500K gonna do for me?

Don't get me wrong, for all of the people happy about the payout, I understand why. But for someone in my position, and I know there are plenty more out there, it's fruitless compensation no where near the value of what we lost in hours playing the game. And with no news as to when we're getting the add-on stuff, I'm finding my incentive to come back growing smaller and smaller every day. [/rant]

You wont be lv 57, due the fact u need more RP every level so with the RP from 1 to 9 thats like just 1 level at lv 50.

Raylion
  • Raylion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:49 PM

I've played since the beginning and have had very few problems with the exception of the odd connection issue.  I've read forum posts of other people playing in the final days of October losing their characters due to bugs.

In many ways those that have actually suffered character loss are more deserving of the money than someone like me.  However, R* laid down everyone gets the cash for playing in October so I don't see a problem.  I don't see $500,000 as a game breaking amount (6-7 hours playtime should earn you something like that).

However, I would argue the car and cash glitches are the bigger issue but I'm sure R* will deal with that soon when the more urgent problems are resolved.

Oz70NYC
  • Oz70NYC

The Urban Samurai

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:54 PM

You wont be lv 57, due the fact u need more RP every level so with the RP from 1 to 9 thats like just 1 level at lv 50.

Regardless, I'd still concurrently be a higher level right now then I am had those hours of leveling up not been lost. I'd take regaining all of that RP back in one lump sum over a meaningless $500k any day. After lvl 50 you can make $500k in 2 days of "work" if you play the big payout missions and a few survivals. IMHO the stimulus was and is totally fruitless, but I speak for myself...no one else. 

xXxTerrorist
  • xXxTerrorist

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:19 PM

It is always fun to win, almost as fun as it is watching others lose.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:36 PM

Now that everyone will have an apartment, it does render an apartment a little bit more meaningless.

What do y'all think?

Doesn't stop them from adding more expensive Apartments later on! Penthouses (with Helipad?), Villas, Mansions etc costing from 600k and over 1 mill :D

jerrodh7244
  • jerrodh7244

The Big Boss

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:59 PM

Apartments haven't been cool since like week 1 don't see why this really bothers anyone. I mean soon as all the glitches broke really nothing was cool. 

petraeus
  • petraeus

Thug

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:18 PM

they are not scarce lol, money is scarce 

anyways weazel ftw

Because everything in life is relative dude. The reason why brands like LV, Porsche and Rolex are expensive is because they are relatively scarce. If everyone had them they would be de-valued immediately. They are for rich people to separate themselves from the poor.

Wtfever
  • Wtfever

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:22 PM

QQ

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:32 PM

That made me think it's probably fair for me to have the money but not you!

; D

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Village Idiot

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:33 PM

so now you're jealous?
get a life

darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:33 PM

Now that I've received my $500k, I've been doing a bit of reflection on it. For those of us who were with GTAO from the beginning and went through all the problems and issues, I think this is a fair reward.

However, what about those who only started in recent weeks? For all the patience we've endured, these relatively new players are basically walking into a windfall. We've had to work for an apartment, and they just get handed one to them.

What do y'all think?

It does. And I think they know this, but it's more gratifying for everyone to have an apartment. More reason to come back and play more tomorrow, if you feel me.

I think they have plans in action to add to the online content. I don't think they will let people get bored.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users