» «
Photo

Bates Motel

6 replies to this topic
Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:49 AM Edited by Chukkles, 07 November 2013 - 08:50 AM.

Is anyone watching this?
I never thought I'd like it but I gave it a shot and well, now I'm 8 episodes in.

I love psychological stuff like this though, Saw, Seven, Texas Chainsaw etc.
I also have a slight interest in real criminal psychology, never studied or anything though.

Anyway, this has good characters that all have some twisted side to them.
It's slightly uncomfortable at times but that's one of the points of these type of things.

I haven't seen the original Psycho in a long time and possibly not all the way through.
I didn't like the remake, though it tells the story well enough.

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:13 AM

I watched the first couple of episodes.  They've really nailed the look of the show.  The autumn colors and the motel and house look great.  The mother is a great character and well cast.  Where it lost me was in the teen romance aspect of it and the introduction of the older brother.  At that point I realised it was playing to the Twilight crowd.

There's nothing wrong with it being aimed at those teens but it's just not for me.  I needed space on my machine for the UFC last night so I deleted all the episodes I had recorded.

I'm not a TV snob or anything.  It's just that when there's brilliantly crafted shows like Boardwalk Empire and Mad Men on TV you see all the cracks in lesser shows.  You see the dodgy writing and directing.  Those kinds of shows are made in board rooms and focus groups.  The introduction the big brother in Motel Bates was the huge giveaway.  He has Twilight written all over him.

Big CSI fan here and former ER fanatic so you know...different strokes for different folks.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:17 PM

I watched the first couple of episodes.  They've really nailed the look of the show.  The autumn colors and the motel and house look great.  The mother is a great character and well cast.  Where it lost me was in the teen romance aspect of it and the introduction of the older brother.  At that point I realised it was playing to the Twilight crowd.

There's nothing wrong with it being aimed at those teens but it's just not for me.  I needed space on my machine for the UFC last night so I deleted all the episodes I had recorded.

I'm not a TV snob or anything.  It's just that when there's brilliantly crafted shows like Boardwalk Empire and Mad Men on TV you see all the cracks in lesser shows.  You see the dodgy writing and directing.  Those kinds of shows are made in board rooms and focus groups.  The introduction the big brother in Motel Bates was the huge giveaway.  He has Twilight written all over him.

Big CSI fan here and former ER fanatic so you know...different strokes for different folks.

I appreciate your opinion.
I also had reservations about the big brother, but he's grown on me.
If they ever have to guard a field of marijuana in twilight then you'll be spot on.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:34 AM

I made a topic before but this one is better.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:10 AM

I made a topic before but this one is better.

I feel what you did there.

Can a mod join these or delete mine?
http://gtaforums.com...l=+bates +motel

Flight180Victm
  • Flight180Victm

Give me the power, I beg of you!

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:31 PM

Any news on when season 2 airs? I love this show and I'm very eager to see what freakzoid Norman and his weird ass mother is up to.  :D

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:19 PM

Any news on when season 2 airs? I love this show and I'm very eager to see what freakzoid Norman and his weird ass mother is up to.  :D

Still on season 1 in UK.
This is better than I ever thought it could be.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users