Quantcast

» «
Photo

Has Rockstar addressed the police aggressiveness?

93 replies to this topic
JayAshton
  • JayAshton

You're an idiot.

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:28 AM

Just as the title says...

Everytime I fire a gun, I'm wanted.
Everytime I'm in a stolen car I might as well be wanted.
Cops objective no matter your stars or offence is to annihilate you.
Killing someone in the middle of nowhere with a silenced weapon gets you wanted instantly.

I really dislike that firing at or killing another human player gets you wanted. I think that killing civilians, should get you wanted, but not each other... it makes it really difficult to just go at each other relentlessly and really have at it.

Bottom line: Dial the cops back by at least 50% and it would drastically improve the user experience.

Agree? Disagree? What do you like and dislike about the current police aggressiveness? 

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:50 AM

No, they haven't.

DirtyT
  • DirtyT

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:20 AM Edited by DirtyT, 07 November 2013 - 08:34 AM.

You want to make this game easier?

Edit: I'd be happy to have 6 star wanted levels and see military tanks and apache helis coming after perps.

xlightscreen
  • xlightscreen

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:29 AM

The police have to be more aggressive then ever. There not just dealing with one psychopath there dealing with 16 at any given time. Clearly the servers show that only so many cops can be spawned at any given time so its good for them to be able to put down perps as fast as possible.

Nipper
  • Nipper

Beware the 'stache

• Members
  • Bolivia

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:33 AM

The cops are easy, loop them through an alley way and blast off the other way, take 2 turns then go straight fast. Losing the helicopter is just a matter of learning the map and knowing where hiding places are.

Once they ramp up to 5 stars though, good luck, but it is possible.

Also, in 2 star chases, if the cops are hounding you with PIT and ramming, shoot out their front tires, the cop car will veer off and usually crash, on the highway they even take out their co-workers, plus it doesn't raise your wanted level as you never shoot a cop, or try not to.

• MLO_III likes this

JayAshton
  • JayAshton

You're an idiot.

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:43 PM

You want to make this game easier?

Edit: I'd be happy to have 6 star wanted levels and see military tanks and apache helis coming after perps.

I would love 6 stars and military as well. I just don't want an instant wanted level for doing anything. Ie: shooting a silenced gun on a mountain top with no one around. Shooting down other players. Being in a stolen car. 

The cops are easy, loop them through an alley way and blast off the other way, take 2 turns then go straight fast. Losing the helicopter is just a matter of learning the map and knowing where hiding places are.

Once they ramp up to 5 stars though, good luck, but it is possible.

Also, in 2 star chases, if the cops are hounding you with PIT and ramming, shoot out their front tires, the cop car will veer off and usually crash, on the highway they even take out their co-workers, plus it doesn't raise your wanted level as you never shoot a cop, or try not to.

Yes the cops are easy to lose, but they're too easy to get on you and that's the issue. Nearly everything you do gets you a wanted level. It's difficult to engage the actual game play. If all I wanted to do is fight off the police I would play GTAV instead. 

pacman2012
  • pacman2012

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:47 PM

Just go into the subway through the tunnels.. Loses em everytime...

But yday i was playing and noooo cops?! idk what was going on.. I was getting stars but no cops coming.. maybe a glitch but idk

• Robert235 likes this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:51 PM

Only problem I have with the police is when you get wanted for no reason.

Like if there is a big group of them, and you walk up to them you get a random 1 star...

mupp3tz
  • mupp3tz

Xbox 360

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:54 PM

One of my biggest irks is when you're in a mini deathmatch with some people. Cops come, blast you a couple of times, and some random dude gets the last shot and kill. Noooooooooo

Buudah
  • Buudah

Peon

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:55 PM

No and they shouldn't...

First few days... yeah I was like "f*ck these hogs are way harder then SP"... but then I figured out how to play

• bobblunderbust likes this

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:56 PM

I quite like aggressive cops. It keeps the players in line.

• DMC14 likes this

Nasir_Jones
  • Nasir_Jones

Gta V Mexican Cartel Member

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:03 PM Edited by XxGuapoBeanxX, 07 November 2013 - 10:12 PM.

I'm tired of these psychotic LSPD officers shoving their bullets up my ass when I go kill another player, f*ck them and their navy seal trained skills. They aren't even police officers, they're more like a team of cyborg robots.
  • mealymouthmongolian likes this

ashtreylil
  • ashtreylil

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:03 PM

i like how they are now, i do think they should be able to shoot out of their cars instead of having to get out first. also their missing the 6th star when the tanks come (imagine a cargobob bringing in a tank). it'd be cool as f*ck to have jets and attack choppers coming after you too.

Jaggs
  • Jaggs

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:05 PM

They are annoying when trying to have some fun killing other players, but are fine for other stuff.. Like when you have a stolen car or when you blow something up.

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:08 PM

Rockstar has not really "addressed" anything beyond character loss a few weeks after it started happening.

We're completely in the dark about what their plans are, and I really don't expect any changes in the gameplay until at least after they work out all of the major bugs people are exploiting.

• MLO_III likes this

DMC14
  • DMC14

Tiger Force 1

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:08 PM

stealth kills with no witnesses should not attract cops attention to yourself.

theres always the option to call lester if it gets to much.

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:12 PM

There's not "always" the option to call Lester.  The option is only there if you can get out of sight of the cops for long enough to dial him up, and if you're lucky enough not to encounter the Magic Apparating Police Helicopters.

MLO_III
  • MLO_III

Honest Cheater

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:14 PM

Cops sole purpose is to control the violence in the game.  So when a player kills a player, I believe the intentions were to make it so the cops could intervene on behalf of the victim, giving them time to escape, or foolishly continue the fight with cops already on scene.

I've been able to kill players (occasionally) with a silenced weapon and did not receive any stars. Even my heavy sniper has gotton me kills without earning any stars.  Typically I have to kill the player twice in quick succession for the cops to take notice.

I wonder though, do the cops still show up when you're in a 1v1?

shunsuke
  • shunsuke

AKA, Masatooo !

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:18 PM

There's not "always" the option to call Lester.  The option is only there if you can get out of sight of the cops for long enough to dial him up, and if you're lucky enough not to encounter the Magic Apparating Police Helicopters.
Huh ? No , i called lester during a car chase with 4 cop cars on my ass and lost the 4 stars right away

nexoric
  • nexoric

Homie

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:18 PM

People aren't getting it. He doesn't really care about how easy/hard it is to get rid of cops. It's the fact that they come onto you during the crappiest times. Whether you're running from another player or just trying to do something real quick. The cops are an annoyance. It's ALMOST identical to someone pestering you while focusing.

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:18 PM Edited by DillBagnr, 07 November 2013 - 11:20 PM.

Cops sole purpose is to control the violence in the game. 

I think you've got something wrong.   Cops in this game are agitators of violence.  Have you ever seen a shootout that's been in an area for more than a few minutes?  The cops are all over the damn place, killing NPCs and ramming players who don't even have stars, giving that player stars, spawning more cops, and more shooting.

Huh ? No , i called lester during a car chase with 4 cop cars on my ass and lost the 4 stars right away

Hmm... I wonder if it's bugged now.  That'd be nice.

It's the fact that they come onto you during the crappiest times.

And they also come no matter where you're at.  It's always ridiculous to see a line of police cars at the top of mount Chiliad within 30 seconds to a minute of a player getting stars.   Not only is that a place where people aren't going to be immediately noticed for their crimes, but it takes a good five to ten minutes to drive a police car up that trail and it certainly isn't easy.

Axton
  • Axton

Vault Hunter

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:20 PM

I kind of like the Robocops, although what I don't like is that on a one-star wanted level, I'm being shot in cold blood. 

Hell, I walk up to a cop and stand there for more than 30 seconds and he's busting a cap in my ass.

While I'm aware of Los Santos corrupt police force, I don't think even them would hire such homicidal murderers, despite them having superhuman accuracy.

Just dial it back, a little. Make cops not all be Navy SEALs and add in a 'busted' system like San Andreas and I'm happy.

Metal Slime
  • Metal Slime

A Metal Slime draws near! Command?

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:22 PM

Hope not.

MLO_III
  • MLO_III

Honest Cheater

• Members

I think you've got something wrong.   Cops in this game are agitators of violence.  Have you ever seen a shootout that's been in an area for more than a few minutes?  The cops are all over the damn place, killing NPCs and ramming players who don't even have stars, giving that player stars, spawning more cops, and more shooting.

Can't disagree on that.  There have been times when I'm trying to escape only to have some random cop bump into me or crash into me (seemingly on purpose) and give me a star.  I guess I just don't find them that difficult to begin with, though I can understand how they could be difficult to someone who isn't able to auto aim efficiently, which should be the only reason they aggravate you.

Also, 1v1?  Wanted levels enabled during these matches?

jtn2k
  • jtn2k

Midnight Toker

• Members

Cops are fine. Doesn't bother me at all.

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:27 PM

I guess I just don't find them that difficult to begin with, though I can understand how they could be difficult to someone who isn't able to auto aim efficiently, which should be the only reason they aggravate you.

I don't know that anybody here is arguing that they're difficult, and I think you're intentionally seeing the situation from a narrow point of view with the last part of that statement.   Sometimes, people want to just fight eachother here and there for a bit in small groups.  Sometimes, when you want to do that, it can be a little annoying to have a hundred flashing lights and sirens and NPCs shooting you from all directions within minutes of starting--every single time.

• MLO_III likes this

Corrupt King
  • Corrupt King

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:31 PM

Free aim police are easy oh wait I got good aim and tactics...

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast and shoot at enemies in gta.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:34 PM

Just as the title says...

Everytime I fire a gun, I'm wanted.
Everytime I'm in a stolen car I might as well be wanted.
Cops objective no matter your stars or offence is to annihilate you.
Killing someone in the middle of nowhere with a silenced weapon gets you wanted instantly.

I really dislike that firing at or killing another human player gets you wanted. I think that killing civilians, should get you wanted, but not each other... it makes it really difficult to just go at each other relentlessly and really have at it.

Bottom line: Dial the cops back by at least 50% and it would drastically improve the user experience.

Agree? Disagree? What do you like and dislike about the current police aggressiveness? 

i agree the cops are jerks, i had cops chasing someone else and they would tap my car and suddenly i get a two star wanted level, and don't forget their jet powered cars!!

i could be doing about 130 + mph and they would ram me!!

aurther61287
  • aurther61287

Hustler

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:40 PM

their system is broke.

3-5 star wanted level easy escape go in the subway system they never follow me in there always lose them just chilling down there for a sec.

but go above round and just try out driving them and they stick to you like glue and their guns are precision even when driving.

basically its no fun to fight vs the cops now and its SUPER easy to lose any wanted level.

I would love to get into epic fights with the cops but its not that feasible in GTA online (which is weird cause single player is just fine with that cops dont seem OPd there)

plus the chase and losing the cops isnt very gratifying when its so easy to escape them in the tunnel systems that are easily accessible from multiple points in LS. 

MLO_III
  • MLO_III

Honest Cheater

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:41 PM Edited by MLO_III, 07 November 2013 - 11:44 PM.

*snip

I don't know that anybody here is arguing that they're difficult, and I think you're intentionally seeing the situation from a narrow point of view with the last part of that statement.   Sometimes, people want to just fight eachother here and there for a bit in small groups.  Sometimes, when you want to do that, it can be a little annoying to have a hundred flashing lights and sirens and NPCs shooting you from all directions within minutes of starting--every single time.

If this is the case, I was under the impression that 1v1's don't allow wanted levels.  Someone suggested I use the 1v1 to obtain jets on the military base as it prevents the four stars automatic.  My point is that the cops are there to police freeroam, if you're looking for a deathmatch, I believe R* is trying to tell you to go into DM.

edit: Don't know if I pointed this out, but I rarely see police cars whenever I'm not near another player in Freeroam.  This may be a lucky bug, and I haven't been paying that much attention to it, but I'm almost certain that I only ever get stars whenever I'm messing with other players.  Stealing a car sometimes, but that's one star.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users