Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTAO needs to relax on impounding and destroying my cars!

40 replies to this topic
Mart1001
  • Mart1001

Peon

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:34 PM

Stopped in my car. Put controller down to answer mobile. Cop car bumps into me, I get a wanted level. Cop gets out and shoots me dead. Car gets impounded. Didn't even touch the controller, ffs

Lol...sometimes the cops are real bastards eh :)

The one that pisses me off is, I come out of my garage all full of smiles in my nice clean F620 on my way to have a nice quiet game of golf but, that bastard Simione has decided that he would like me to steal a car just like the one I'm driving...so that's it, I've automatically stolen this one(two stars added). Even if Simione doesn't take personnal cars, that doesn't matter, the cops hate me and they're gonna make sure they shoot me and slam my property....MY PROPERTY, in their sticking impound. At this point and after I respawn, I normally go to war with them, bringing out as many stars as possible before trying evade and finally getting my car back.

It's all part of the fun though and is simply part of the game.

ijustcameheretobeeotch
  • ijustcameheretobeeotch

Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:08 PM

Sometimes I get bored in free roam and I go to the impound and steal any unlocked cars in there. I lose the cops and drive it until Im bored/kicked out. Having left it somewhere safe, I go back and see if there are new ones.

I often wonder what people think when they go towards their personal vehicle icon expecting to deal with cops and find it parked two blocks away doing nothing.

I did this with the cargobob. I would wait over the impound lot and pick up players cars. they see the car moving and try to lock you out but that doesn't matter. when they get to the car they realize its on top of the maze bank and leave the session.
  • JayAshton likes this

BrightonGTA
  • BrightonGTA

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:10 PM

Tip - go to the impound with a wanted level - when you arrive take off / put on shades or a mask. Sometimes you can leave without having a wanted level at all this way, or at the very worst 1 star

DirtFarmer
  • DirtFarmer

Playa

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:35 PM

maybe rockstar did what they thought would best match real life!?! i mean cops impound and seize everything. be thankful they don't take all your cars and money.

primevil60
  • primevil60

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:21 PM

i have never had my vehicle impounded on death except when i was in it running from the cops.  if i'm not near my car and the cops kill my its not impounded.  

EliteGamer
  • EliteGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:19 AM Edited by EliteGamer, 08 November 2013 - 03:22 AM.

Don't even bother going to impound.

Call mechanic. Deliver any car not impounded.

Call insurance. Restore destroyed car.
Call mechanic deliver previously impounded car.

Except you get a 5 minute cooldown on the 2nd mechanic call. Normally you can use the select menu to get vehicles delivered without a cooldown, but when you want to switch vehicles you're forced to use the phone which has the cooldown.

And well we all know how unreliable the mechanic can be, so you're looking at 6-10 minutes to get your vehicle back. If you're in the city you can probably retrieve it faster than that, though when you're up in Paleto Bay yeah it'll save you tons of time.

So what you have is not a bad strategy but I'd happily pay a premium to get my car back NOW rather than in 10 mins time... at least when I'm using a cheap car. Also I kinda think it would be faster to trigger the destroy by switching session rather than switching vehicle, because you don't get the 5min cooldown (but you do need to sit through lengthy load times and sometimes you might not want to switch session).

JayAshton
  • JayAshton

You're an idiot.

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:25 AM

My Futo costs 112 dollars to get it back from insurance.  My Sultan RS is around 1 hundred something too.  Its your fault for driving around in a supercar.

So you're saying I should keep my supercar in the garage after I saved all that money to buy it?

maybe rockstar did what they thought would best match real life!?! i mean cops impound and seize everything. be thankful they don't take all your cars and money.

In real life I don't think they destroy your car the next day when it's impounded lol It would be nice to have a week to get it back before they wreck it... I just don't like that when it's impounded it's like I have to stop whatever I'm doing and go break it out again and again... blah.

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:32 AM

That's why I glitched my way to 10's of millions of dollars, I was sick and tired of dealing with sh*t payouts and high costs. Now I can truly enjoy GTA:O, Seriously, This illegitimate way of doing stuff was the best thing to happen, I definitely recommend you do it as well.

AGNT009
  • AGNT009

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:58 AM

Was taking my Coupe out for upgrades. My cars only ever come out to get upgrades, quick run to shop and back. I only use street cars to get around city in. Guy blows up my car. First time it happened to me. I file claim, go to insurance co. I see two players waiting in front of new coupe to jump me. I go around back, which they could see on radar, but it worked, grabbed car, went around back if insurance place, and quickly beamed out with Quick Race as they jumped in their cars to chase me. So its a great way to grief, they dont care about paying bill, they could effectively keep you from getting replacement if their gang guards insurance car. Not sure if I could have went to new session if my car would still be at Ins parking lot, was too afraid to try. Ins should just deliver to your garage, if this becomes a popular grief tactic.

Benargee
  • Benargee

Blaine County Bush Pilot

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:27 PM

Was taking my Coupe out for upgrades. My cars only ever come out to get upgrades, quick run to shop and back. I only use street cars to get around city in. Guy blows up my car. First time it happened to me. I file claim, go to insurance co. I see two players waiting in front of new coupe to jump me. I go around back, which they could see on radar, but it worked, grabbed car, went around back if insurance place, and quickly beamed out with Quick Race as they jumped in their cars to chase me. So its a great way to grief, they dont care about paying bill, they could effectively keep you from getting replacement if their gang guards insurance car. Not sure if I could have went to new session if my car would still be at Ins parking lot, was too afraid to try. Ins should just deliver to your garage, if this becomes a popular grief tactic.

DUDE! Have you even tried calling the mechanic after you make a claim... if your car far enough away from you, the mechanic will bring it to you. you deserve to be griefed for not knowing that. 

NukedPratorian
  • NukedPratorian

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:53 PM Edited by NukedPratorian, 08 November 2013 - 06:54 PM.

we should not get wanted levels for killing other player only for killing npcs robing store stealing cars etc.  the cops make wars with other players just annoying and ruin the fun.

• JayAshton likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users