Photo

How to Avoid Bad Sport Every Time.

12 replies to this topic
vashcampbell
  • vashcampbell

Prof Phat Packs

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:48 AM

If at any time you see "You are a bad sport" pop up on the left hand corner of the screen, or see the Dunce Cap appear on your head - immediately return to the Dashboard, Playstation Homescreen or Turn off your Console. The bad sport rating you just received won't have time to save in the cloud, and when you reload you'll have whatever rating you previously had with the the cloud.

Will this information help some assholes exploit the system?
Yes.

But that doesn't matter, I've been prevented from playing with my friends far too masny times for SELF DEFENSE, so until this incredibly stupid system is removed/changed I'll be sharing this information wherever I can.

Note that there are also three different ratings that can be checked by pressing start, going to the online tab and looking in the "players" list. Hover over your gamertag to see your rating.

Clean Player: You can probably blow up 5-10 personal vehicles depending on the number of occupants before you get "Dodgy Player". The number of occupants in the personal vehicle seemes to increase the "negative" points you get.

Dodgy Player: Blow up one or two more personal vehicles and you will become bad sport.

Bad Sport: You're prevented from playing with your friends and forced to play only in bad sport lobbies. (Really, why not ban me from playing in public servers but still allow me to play with friends?)

If at any point you see your rating as "Dodgy Player' I recommend doing missions and requesting that people "commend" you to improve your rating to "Clean Player."

You can commend someone from the players tab where you check your rating by pressing A (or X on PS3.) on someone's name and scrolling down to commend.

4-5 commends and 2-3 missions seem to get me back from "Dodgy" to "Clean".

I've gotten the Bad Sport rating and Dunce Cap about 10-15 times since my first offense, and every single time I've been able to dashboard fast enough to prevent it from saving. Sort of annoying to reload my session, but far better than being unfarily punished for self defense.

If you have any questions feel free to ask or PM me, and any more information on how to game/exploit/get around the bad sport system is weclomed. =D

• nicko1049 likes this

dannybohy
  • dannybohy

Queens of the Damned Crew Founder

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:50 AM

I did this last night after getting my very first Bad sport punishment!. I dash-boarded and reloaded back into a standard server without the dunce hat!. So I am assuming it worked?! 

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:55 PM Edited by Ninja_Gear, 14 November 2013 - 03:05 PM.

I did this last night after getting my very first Bad sport punishment!. I dash-boarded and reloaded back into a standard server without the dunce hat!. So I am assuming it worked?! 

When yousay standard server, do you mean solo, invite only or random with others online? Also when dashboarded, do you mean log out PSN/XBL, or just end the gaming session? 

There must be something that can still screw this up, as it worked the 1st time, but last time i still got the dunce hat.

0_0.jpg

• nicko1049 likes this

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:05 PM

Bump,

Info request.

masterconch87
  • masterconch87

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:25 PM

just wear the dunce cap with pride.

if u dont want put in the badsport, just behave.

self defence is a other thing.. but i try not to attack other players until they attack me, and pull out my RPG.

i dont play this game to kill each other, if i want that ill put a shooter in my console.

lukeyk22
  • lukeyk22

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:15 PM

Blowing up personal vehicles should be allowed considering I could name 100 thing that players can do which I deem more bad sportish..... Ideally there would be 3 lobby choices, Utopia where no-one can get hurt at all. Normal where every legit thing goes, ie you can take your 1500000$ tank and blow up anything u want. Last but not least suicide row for the cheaters/glitchers, named so as these are some the worst people to play with, it's not they cheat its just there personality, iv never come across a cheater I like/get....... Fuk also put all dumb Americans who have a strange hard on getting there ars whopped by gay black men.

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:33 PM

Kids today, they complain about everything

Troubadour
  • Troubadour

God Is Great, Beer Is Good, People Are Crazy

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:59 PM

I have killed countless people in self defense who have come to kill me but have yet to be kicked in the "Bad Sport" arena.

The only reason you guys are getting a "Bad Sport" in self defense is because you are destroying someone person car.

I can understand sometimes it happens on accident, I've accidently blown up someone person car but I never blow up their person car after killing them that is over kill and that's what get's you in trouble.

So for everybody who is saying they got "Bad Sport" for self defense is a crock you are either blowing up their personal cars on purpose or you are lying about how you got into bad sport.

If you want to make there car non-drivable so they can't come after you then shoot out the tires of their cars shoot out all four tires and it makes their car un-drivable so they can't come after you.

But quit blowing up their personal cars and you won't get "Bad Sport"

"I didn't know it was there personal car"

Doesn't matter why do you need to blow up the car they drove up in anyways?

You don't just leave it be and get the hell outta there, simple as that I've done it and countless others have done it and we are still "Good Sports" in fact I get rewards for being a "Good Sport" even though I kill people in every session i'm in, It's part of the game.

QUIT OVERKILLING BY BLOWING UP THEIR RIDES

vashcampbell
  • vashcampbell

Prof Phat Packs

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:58 AM

If you still ended up with the dunce cap you didn't do it fast enough OR you didn't go into story mode first and then go to an invite only session. I'm currently serving out my last 7 hours of a 8 day sentence for self defense, and the only reason I got it was because I dashboarded, reloaded story mode but then I went straight to a public session, and that caused my rating to save.

vashcampbell
  • vashcampbell

Prof Phat Packs

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:01 AM

Aira: When someone throws their Entity or Infernus and reverse and starts shooting at you on foot literally the only option you have is to use explosives. The Entity and the Infernus DO NOT HAVE A BACK WINDSHIELD. You can't shoot them if they have the back of the car facing you, it takes 12 assault shotgun rounds to get through that sh*t. Explosives are the only way.

Not to mention thanks to the glitch that lets you store things in your garage noobs have tanks in their garage. Once it's in your garage it's considered a personal vehicle, so you can get bad sport points for blowing up a tank. I called Rockstar to ask what was being done and their answer was "We can't say" which means nothing. So until then, I want everyone getting around bad sport. Cause it's a hairbrained system anyways.

LawlietSoulless
  • LawlietSoulless

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:11 AM Edited by LawlietSoulless, 13 December 2013 - 11:12 AM.

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:29 PM

Pop most or all of their tires after you kill them

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:39 PM

I have killed countless people in self defense who have come to kill me but have yet to be kicked in the "Bad Sport" arena.

The only reason you guys are getting a "Bad Sport" in self defense is because you are destroying someone person car.

I can understand sometimes it happens on accident, I've accidently blown up someone person car but I never blow up their person car after killing them that is over kill and that's what get's you in trouble.

So for everybody who is saying they got "Bad Sport" for self defense is a crock you are either blowing up their personal cars on purpose or you are lying about how you got into bad sport.

If you want to make there car non-drivable so they can't come after you then shoot out the tires of their cars shoot out all four tires and it makes their car un-drivable so they can't come after you.

But quit blowing up their personal cars and you won't get "Bad Sport"

"I didn't know it was there personal car"

Doesn't matter why do you need to blow up the car they drove up in anyways?

You don't just leave it be and get the hell outta there, simple as that I've done it and countless others have done it and we are still "Good Sports" in fact I get rewards for being a "Good Sport" even though I kill people in every session i'm in, It's part of the game.

QUIT OVERKILLING BY BLOWING UP THEIR RIDES

I take it you have never been spawn killed by someone in a car that's bullet proof in the back.

BS is stupid. IF R* really wanted to curb PV destruction they would have limited the amount of ammo/explosive players can carry.

Also. On death in free roam you should loose all ammo. That would curb bad sports truly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users