» «
Photo

Alas, hacker ahoy! My first encounter!

32 replies to this topic
CorporalBean675
  • CorporalBean675

Icaras

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:12 PM Edited by CorporalBean675, 06 November 2013 - 11:17 PM.

Hey guys, I was playing GTA Online just a few minutes ago and I think I came across a hacker...at last! I'm not saying I loved the experience but I sure as hell got a rush of a feeling knowing you can do this with the game.

So first off, how exactly did I come across this maggot dick piece of sh*t? Well, I was in a race and funnily enough as soon as this guy came first, a few seconds later (presumably after his "1st place" clip when he finished) I was way far back because some douche kept pushing me and made me go out of control. Anyway, as I was still determined to get 3rd place my camera kept moving around randomly without me even touching the right stick. I thought it must've been a glitch of some sort and I ignored it. After a while, it started happening again! This was when I was a little suspicious. So as I was going straight ahead on a long stretch as fast as I could, my car randomly just went out of control, along with the camera! Now, I could have understood that if I was, say, at a turn of some sort it could have been my controller's left stick's problem. But my camera view as well at the same time?! And again, I got it under control. But this was when I f*cking knew it was a hacker: my car, despite my adding full throttle, just started to brake out of nowhere. As soon as I was at a complete stop, I gained full control again. Needless to say, I quit the race and changed sessions to check if everything was alright. And so very coincidentally, a $7000 bounty was put on my head for no apparent reason from an Unknown person. Lol, right? What are the chances... After this I just off'd my console.

What really struck me was the third time it happened - when my car AND the camera went berserk. It was as if this hacker gained complete control and started spinning his analog sticks round and round. I've done that before (chances are you have too at some point) and I know how it works/looks when a car is moving. I sure as hell know it wasn't the game. I haven't come across any controller glitches like this before. And when that final thing happened with my car halting to a complete stop despite me not doing anything at all (or rather trying to accelerate), I absolutely knew it was a hacker. 

So my question to you is; have you ever come across anything like this? Has this happened to you in your Online experiences before? 

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:26 PM

f*ck MODS! PLEASE DONT LET THEM COME TO V! I HATED THEM IN IV! ONE OF THE MAIN REASONS WHY I DIDNT GET INTO FREEROAM.

CorporalBean675
  • CorporalBean675

Icaras

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:59 PM

They aren't mods. I'm really sure they're hacks. There's no other way anyone else can control your car and there's no way my car could act like that on it's own.

Taco_Gta
  • Taco_Gta

GTA king

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:14 AM

its one of many glitches

LeScone
  • LeScone

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:24 AM

Why i stopped playing IV, f*ckin asses, like people who create hardware viruses, no point and they should all be hung by thr eyeballs with red hot fishing hooks while bein skinned alive with a f*ckin spork, then salt and vinegar poured over them while you sh*t in thr clamped open mouth, f*ckin f*cktards
  • Fuzzknuckles likes this

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:29 AM

This story was actually kinda creepy.

Maybe it wasnt a hacker

Maybe an evil presence in your houe

CorporalBean675
  • CorporalBean675

Icaras

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:45 AM

Hopefully it doesn't happen again. Rockstar should really be on the lookout for people like this.

Huffin-Puffin
  • Huffin-Puffin

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:27 AM

It's just a control glitch. The slowing down thing is a known issue, not sure about your camera. It's a lot more likely that your controller is broken than that a magic hacker took over your controls and then used them for nothing.

JOKA22
  • JOKA22

Ex 'Really Famous Games Dev Company' Employee

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:11 PM

Buy a new controller.

CorporalBean675
  • CorporalBean675

Icaras

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:39 PM

Nope, my controller works fine. I also immediately checked with another 2 controllers in that same race to check if that was indeed the problem. It wasn't. It was so obvious that someone was taking over control of my car because as soon as I was catching up to the 2nd guy, my car was trying to turn in all directions and while my control was still present, the other guy's control was also interfering. Now, this whole thing may as well be a really coincidental glitch, but I scoured the web for anything like this and found nothing. I literally went through page after page on different sites and forums but found nothing of the like. Btw, I'm playing with a PS3. 

ryantoma
  • ryantoma

Toma Bomber

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:41 PM

This doesn't sound right to me. I don't think so. On GTA4 they hacked the hell out of it, but no controller takeovers or car controlling etc. None I saw on a console anyway. Must have been a dodgey time

OGCFB
  • OGCFB

Emperor Eye

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:48 PM

This doesn't sound right to me. I don't think so. On GTA4 they hacked the hell out of it, but no controller takeovers or car controlling etc. None I saw on a console anyway. Must have been a dodgey time

Don't know about consoles but on PC player car manipulation was common practice. 

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:50 PM

Good that I avoid online, this can affect your account, progress or even in lot different ways that can ruin the experience.
Stay safe!

Huffin-Puffin
  • Huffin-Puffin

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:14 PM

Nope, my controller works fine. I also immediately checked with another 2 controllers in that same race to check if that was indeed the problem. It wasn't. It was so obvious that someone was taking over control of my car because as soon as I was catching up to the 2nd guy, my car was trying to turn in all directions and while my control was still present, the other guy's control was also interfering. Now, this whole thing may as well be a really coincidental glitch, but I scoured the web for anything like this and found nothing. I literally went through page after page on different sites and forums but found nothing of the like. Btw, I'm playing with a PS3. 

At the exact moment you had this problem you had a chance to disconnect the controller, connect another one and drop back into the race without losing position? You're talking utter sh*t. Hackers for this game are in their infancy, there's glitches to be exploited and save files edited but nobody is hacking into your game and controlling your car. Either your controller is broken or you're lying like you did about trying two other controllers.
  • blakeney likes this

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:42 PM

At the exact moment you had this problem you had a chance to disconnect the controller, connect another one and drop back into the race without losing position? You're talking utter sh*t. Hackers for this game are in their infancy, there's glitches to be exploited and save files edited but nobody is hacking into your game and controlling your car. Either your controller is broken or you're lying like you did about trying two other controllers.
No amount of broken controller could cause anything close to what OP describes, the worst that could happen is it could drift slowly to one direction.
If OP's story is true, he is a victim of a grade-A thunderc*nt.

Nuggets
  • Nuggets

SenseiKOFF

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:56 PM

I remember something like this happening to me when I played IV. But I was on foot and couldn't control my mp character for a couple of seconds or so. Same thing has happened to me in SAMP too.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:59 PM Edited by WildBrick142, 07 November 2013 - 06:59 PM.

Last night I met a modder (or a dumb child). He blew up my personal vehicle and never got bad sported. I even had to pay the full insurance for the car as if I would destroy it.

Unfortunaly, it's the beginning of 9-year-old-kids-that-don't-know-how-to-play-the-game era. I really hope R* will do something about it. :/

Huffin-Puffin
  • Huffin-Puffin

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:00 PM

On console?

aland77
  • aland77

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:05 PM

bumped into the invincibles  again today. 2 of them. chased me all over and when they cornered me i blasted away to no avail. no damage no nothing. after i sussed what their game was i quickly switched to passive mode and got up high to avoid being run over and dodged their desperate attempts to grenade me. Then got a txt calling me a p***y but correct me if im wrong but walking about in a pair, attacking people, whilst invincible is probably the most p***y thing you can do. 

The_Regulator
  • The_Regulator

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:13 PM

Well, this does it. I'll never touch GTA Online again if Rockstar doesn't address this ASAP. I'll go on private crew sessions with my moderators and play solo, but beyond that, f*ck it.

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:28 PM

I really, really hope the PS4 is built to be more difficult for these little children to corrupt for making their pathetic little "hacks".

LeRocket
  • LeRocket

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:09 PM

Well, this does it. I'll never touch GTA Online again if Rockstar doesn't address this ASAP. I'll go on private crew sessions with my moderators and play solo, but beyond that, f*ck it.

I did literally more than 1000 races, never came across something like that.    Calm yourself please.

CorporalBean675
  • CorporalBean675

Icaras

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:00 PM Edited by CorporalBean675, 07 November 2013 - 11:01 PM.

I can see where you're coming from. When I read my post again it did sound like bullsh*t because I don't think you understood exactly what was happening. 

1. I got f*cking suspicious about the whole control thing when it first occurred. 

2. I tried gaining control of the car; didn't work. 

3. I always keep a stack of controllers on my desk, so I wanted to see if it truly was the controller's problem. I was 2nd place far ahead in the race anyway. 

4. I tried with a different controller, my car's camera and steering when berserk. 

5. I tried the other one, and as soon as I started gaining on the race after the 3rd passed while changing controllers, my car came to a complete stop. And right after that, I got control. That's when I just quit the session, and went to a new one. 

6. I tested all 3 controllers on this new session, and all seemed to work perfectly. 

7. I then just quit the game. 

Hopefully this is more simpler to understand. And like Killerdude8 said, it's highly unlikely anyway that any controller would act in this way and that pattern. I've been gaming for over a decade and I've seen all sorts of controller hiccups but none like this. So what other viable explanation could there be?

SprunkJunkie
  • SprunkJunkie

Thug

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:09 PM

I noticed that in a race if u tap circle it makes your camera look at the car in front of u, if u then pass the camera wobbles trying to show that car. Criminal records will simulate that wobble in rotation because its a small circular track, so next time you get this try tapping circle button.

CorporalBean675
  • CorporalBean675

Icaras

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:49 PM

But when you do that, your screen gets a blue filter. Screen was normal when I was racing. 

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:31 AM

Don't know about consoles but on PC player car manipulation was common practice. 

Got nearly 200 hours on playing GTA IV on PC and have never come across that in online.

Don't know what server you were playing in.

kastrenzo
  • kastrenzo

Hustler

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:13 AM

f*ck MODS! PLEASE DONT LET THEM COME TO V! I HATED THEM IN IV! ONE OF THE MAIN REASONS WHY I DIDNT GET INTO FREEROAM.

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

This

All-GTA-IV-Cars-Mod_4.jpg

Is not the same as this

download-black-ops-2-aimbot-wallhack.jpg

Stop talking...

• RyanBurnsRed likes this

The_Regulator
  • The_Regulator

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:42 AM Edited by GrungeRockCity, 08 November 2013 - 05:44 AM.

I did literally more than 1000 races, never came across something like that.    Calm yourself please.

I'm speaking matter of fact. I wasn't upset then, I'm not upset now. Although, on principle, I am disappointed. I believe Rockstar should have gone through their engine with more of a fine tooth comb. Along with all of the other broken aspects to V's dynamic.

Loxley
  • Loxley

This member is no longer active.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:37 AM

Actually, today I collected a couple of bounties in a row, and then a price was put on my head by one of the marks in true butthurt fashion. So, I head to lsc to fix my car (personal) and then the car caught on fire right as I reached the garage door and it gave me the message "cannot modify this vehicle". Needless to say I'm very suspicious of this.

For one my car was damaged, but not from bullets, more so of being in various wrecks. Second, the fire started from the front left wheel and spread to the back. Lastly, I saw no sign of fire at all before trying to enter lsc. The car I was in was my Elegy, if that helps explain something about the fire I don't know about.

CorporalBean675
  • CorporalBean675

Icaras

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:17 PM

Actually, today I collected a couple of bounties in a row, and then a price was put on my head by one of the marks in true butthurt fashion. So, I head to lsc to fix my car (personal) and then the car caught on fire right as I reached the garage door and it gave me the message "cannot modify this vehicle". Needless to say I'm very suspicious of this.

For one my car was damaged, but not from bullets, more so of being in various wrecks. Second, the fire started from the front left wheel and spread to the back. Lastly, I saw no sign of fire at all before trying to enter lsc. The car I was in was my Elegy, if that helps explain something about the fire I don't know about.

That might be because you stressed your car's engine while still in a critical condition - I found this to be similar to the 747's reaction when you keep adding full power to it's engines, when flying you may have noticed that it rarely ever lasts long unless you take care when flying and thrust management. It could also be a hacker, you never know but at least the thing you came across has a potentially valid reason. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users