Will CoD Ghosts beat V in sales?

109 replies to this topic
ChillyPhilly
  • ChillyPhilly

Rock 'n' roll stops the traffic.

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:11 PM

Not a chance.

To be honest, the next game that will sell about 30 million copies in less than two months is GTA VI.

helresa
  • helresa

Public Security Section 9

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:18 PM Edited by helresa, 07 November 2013 - 02:19 PM.

Call of Duty: Ghosts sales expected to be lower initially says creator, as next Gen gamers wait for Playstation 4 and Xbox One release

call%20of%20duty%20ghosts.jpg?itok=XK6kSCall of Duty: Ghosts sales expected to be lower initially says creator

Sales of Call of Duty: Ghosts are likely to be slower than its predecessor, the game’s creator has admitted, with players likely to wait for the release of Xbox One and PlayStation 4 before buying the title.

Speaking to the BBC, Mark Rubin, studio head at developer Infinity Ward, said that it was likely that sales would not be as high initially as those of Call of Dury 2 – which made $1bn in just over the first fortnight last year.

"Next-gen has historically created a bit of a challenge for all games from a numbers standpoint," said Rudin.

"It's definitely something we're aware of. I know talking to a lot of people, figuring out what they're going to buy is a problem.”

In order to incentivise Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 gamers to purchase the game, a discount has been offered by publisher Activision on copies of the game on Xbox One and PlayStation 4, if they upgraded within before 24 December.

Call of Duty: Ghosts has gone from sale from this morning, while Xbox One will go on sale in the UK from 22 November and PlayStation 4 will be released a week later on 29 November.

Read more at http://www.thedrum.c...QDu6EHivBWqi.99

MediApino
  • MediApino

Wannabe Ace Pilot

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:47 PM

No. There's still something fair in this world

kvic
  • kvic

Grand PooBar

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:20 PM

To tell you the truth I DON'T CARE!!!!

streetx1xracer
  • streetx1xracer

F*kn magnets, how do they work?

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:13 PM

To tell you the truth I DON'T CARE!!!!

You care enough to post here.
  • Arman Ossi Loko likes this

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:27 PM Edited by Los Santos Police Department, 07 November 2013 - 04:28 PM.

I don't think that a game that is the same as the last one will beat GTA V.

That's not even a valid argument considering like the past 19 CODs have sold insanely well.

There have only been 10 call of duty games made so far, just so you know... and more people are starting to realise that call of duty is the same sh*t over and over again (shoot then proceed to reload, rinse and repeat). This means that less people will buy ghosts than the previous Call of duty installment (so far, ghosts has sold slowly, no surprise there.), meaning that GTA V will dominate over call of duty:ghosts.

Killerdude
  • Killerdude

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• The Yardies
  • Canada

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:53 PM

What're you guys talking about? GTA V broke like 9 records, several of which were for 24 hour stuff.

Where is Charles Lee?
  • Where is Charles Lee?

Templar Killer

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:02 AM

Not even close, people are finally starting to wake up and looking for other games besides CoD that franchise is dead to me, Plus a game that was five years in the making  is more worth buying than a rushed game that took a year to make

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:41 AM

tumblr_mupbpdKllB1sphl01o1_250.gif

jmack3d
  • jmack3d

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:38 AM

I just want to say that I am very glad to see you guys share the same opinion on cod as I do. I utterly hate that franchise and what they stand for. Simply making the same game over and over again with a few minor changes and some different maps. I swear people who pay $60 are getting robbed, and they don't even realize it.

I'm a fan of the battlefield series, bf3 was a huge innovation to the fps genre. Bf4 is also great, and the messed up part is the kids who sell their souls to cod have nothing but hate for battlefield. Yet every person I've convinced to try out battlefield completely changed their mind and loved it. Then they sell their copy of cod and never look back.

Sadly what I am noticing is that the battlefield producers are trying to match cod's sales, which is making them start to sell out. They're making the series feel more and more like cod, and starting to pump out games every year or every other year.

This is why in my opinion gta does so well and is held high among gamers. They take years to develop each game and make it full of new, creative and innovative features. Developers really should learn from R*

/end rant
  • nuer likes this

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:40 AM

It's called Ghosts because after GTA V is done with it, it'll be dead and looking for eternal rest.

• Killerdude, DeafMetal and ThroatSlasher2 like this

K20
  • K20

suckmyrocket

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:44 AM

I stopped at MW3

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:22 AM

Before either released, I would have said yes because COD is in 3x as many platforms. But now, GTA V seems impossible to touch in terms of sales. They completely thrashed every single record-holder especially since they only released on two platforms. Good to see GTA is still the big dog in the industry.

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:24 AM

Before either released, I would have said yes because COD is in 3x as many platforms. But now, GTA V seems impossible to touch in terms of sales. They completely thrashed every single record-holder especially since they only released on two platforms. Good to see GTA is still the big dog in the industry.

Anticipation played a big role in GTA V's raping of sales records.

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:25 AM

I stopped at MW3

Same here and that one was boring. It started going downhill after Black Ops 1.

The4orTy67
  • The4orTy67

Spieler Hasser

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:32 AM Edited by The4orTy67, 08 November 2013 - 06:32 AM.

Just yesterday Activision said Ghosts is selling worse than Black Ops 2, and yet some fools still believe it'll outsell GTA V.

You fools you gullible fools wake up WAKPE UP NOW! Put your head up to your screen, so I can vibrate some sense into that thick head of yours.

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:39 AM

It's called Ghosts because after GTA V is done with it, it'll be dead and looking for eternal rest.

I will cry tears of joy when this franchise is finally buried 6 feet under. 

jmack3d
  • jmack3d

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:47 AM

Honestly, you guys are awesome. I have a feeling your all cool motherfuc*ers in real life. Seems like people who play call of duty are brainless retards, no matter what you say or how terrible the game is they defend it to their last breath. Just glad to see some intelligence left in the world, and people who understand what a good game really is, people who pay for innovation.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:57 AM

Didn't Vice City and San Andreas also break some records? IV did as well, and that was with a low pool of console owners.

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:00 AM

Didn't Vice City and San Andreas also break some records? IV did as well, and that was with a low pool of console owners.

Not sure about VC and SA (Wouldn't be surprised if they did), but yeah GTA IV broke many sales records at time of release. COD's run wont last forever. People are realising they're getting a fresh coat of paint on a old product it seems.

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:26 AM

No game will beat GTA V in sales, unless it's GTA VI and I even doubt that

qfs
  • qfs

Quffy

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:51 AM

They should ban cod ghosts because there's a dog in the gameplay scene in the middle of the fire zone. Where's peta, alpha, beta, zeta, omega now?? You know... and more argumentative stuff like they used against gta v.

LateNightNeons
  • LateNightNeons

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:00 AM

SA broke record sales and kept it until GTA IV, then COD and Avatar among others broke it again and again and now GTA V is on top. I don't think Ghosts would beat GTA V, it just doesn't feel as hyped.

K20
  • K20

suckmyrocket

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:12 AM

Honestly, you guys are awesome. I have a feeling your all cool motherfuc*ers in real life. Seems like people who play call of duty are brainless retards, no matter what you say or how terrible the game is they defend it to their last breath. Just glad to see some intelligence left in the world, and people who understand what a good game really is, people who pay for innovation.

:cool: we are indeed cool brother. indeed. :cool:

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:06 AM

Naah, the half story animations and locatios are copied from MW2.

The whole ending is the same as in MW2, too.

rovert
  • rovert

Los Santos Hobo

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:26 AM

OP. You're kidding right?

K20
  • K20

suckmyrocket

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:50 AM Edited by kb2084, 08 November 2013 - 10:50 AM.

OP. You're kidding right?

... general query for the masses.

acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:45 PM

Glad That GTA V kept the record :santa: After all we are fans of GTA here, and V deserve praise more than COD. I loved first CODs until WAW but after that it become pure money grabbing and hurt entire industry becouse all developers started to streamline games as much as they can so they could get some COD money. But it couldn't goes forever,even those who play only COD finnaly got bored of entire cyclus and start to abandon it. COD will still bring millions but Titanfall,Destiny and Battlefield will take a part of market and COD will stop being 'cool' thing for highschool kids and they will just abandon it. 

Until something even worse took over  :panic:

Chris223
  • Chris223

The Simple Gamer

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:44 PM Edited by Chris223, 08 November 2013 - 04:49 PM.

Not even close, people are finally starting to wake up and looking for other games besides CoD that franchise is dead to me, Plus a game that was five years in the making  is more worth buying than a rushed game that took a year to make

A year?  Try 2.  They alternate developers.  Infinity Ward, Treyarch, Infinity Ward, giving each developer 2 years to make the game. 

I love how everyone ALWAYS spews this "CoD is getting stale, it's losing popularity" a week before the new one comes out - then the new ones SHATTERS the old one in sales.  Ghosts didn't beat GTA V because of the number of people awaiting the new consoles.

darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homie

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:47 PM Edited by darkdayz, 08 November 2013 - 04:48 PM.

A year?  Try 2.  They alternate developers.  Infinity Ward, Treyarch, Infinity Ward, giving each developer 2 years to make the game. 

And just so all of you are aware - it shattered GTA V in sales.  GTA V took 3 days to hit $1 billion, COD did that in 24 hours.  I love how everyone ALWAYS spews this "CoD is getting stale, it's losing popularity" a week before the new one comes out - then the new ones SHATTERS the old one in sales.

You might want to do some reading and edit your comment before someone kicks it in the teeth. Call of Duty ghosts did not make a billion on customer sales. Purely sales to retail, if Rockstar released their retail sales number in 24 hours, it would probably double that of what CoD is claiming. The 7 guiness world records still state GTA V and not Call of Duty ghosts, and there is no evidence for it changing any time soon. Use your brain before posting.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users