3. Franklin Clinton

4. Luis Lopez

5. Johnny Klebitz

6. Trevor Phillips

Where is Charles Lee?
  • Where is Charles Lee?

Templar Killer

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:04 AM Edited by Where is Charles Lee?, 07 November 2013 - 05:05 AM.

1. NIko Bellic (I just became fascinated with his whole story in general its a really dark one and i like dark stories plus his quotes are just hilarious best character in the hd universe)

2. Trevor Phillips ( T in general is just a hipster in denial, HIs craziness and anger makes Jeffrey Dahmer Ted bundy and John Wayne Gacy look like saints and when you really think about it, trevor really is just alost person who was never loved and had a hard time fitting in)

3. Michael De santa ( I would have ranked him lower because of his annoying ass family but michael is one of the most relatable people in the hd era he's pretty much just a family man trying to make a good impression on his kids )

4 Johnny Klebitz (Before 5 johnny was a straight up badass i loved the relationship between him and jim)

5.Franklin Clinton ( He reminds so much of Cj for Gta SA)

6. Luis Lopez ( I like luis but never got into him much but i like he can just steal a girl from out of nowhere)

Where's Charles Lee?

• theGTAking101 likes this

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:11 AM

1. Niko Bellic
2. Michael De Santa
3. Johnny Klebitz (TLAD version)
4. Trevor Phillips
5. Luis Lopez
6. Huang Lee
7. Franklin Clinton

theGTAking101
  • theGTAking101

R.I.P Drunken Cowboy, Lost but not forgotten.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:57 AM Edited by theGTAking101, 06 January 2015 - 07:30 PM.

1. Niko Bellic (Will forever be my favourite)

2. Michael De Santa (I like his family storyline and I'm interested to see more about what happened in NY)

3. Johnny Klebitz (I just like the biker story, I was disappointed to what happened to him in GTA V)

4. Trevor Philips (He was funny but a bit to insane & inconsistent  and I don't like what he did in his introduction mission)

5. Luis Lopez (I don't see why people hate him so much)

6. Franklin Clinton (I liked him at first but I find he became an a$$hole towards the end)

7. Huang Lee (Never beat the first mission, so not much to say)

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, I always carry my heat in these streets

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:44 PM Edited by Official General, 17 November 2013 - 02:49 AM.

1 - Niko Bellic. I really liked the immigrant to America theme, and he performed that role perfectly. His personal grudges and regrets were a bit depressing at times, but he kept it real. Cold-hearted killer when he needed to be, very professional and totally fearless. Never backed down from a challenge, confrontation, or threat. I loved the fact that he could connect and work very well with virtually every kind of gang or criminal organization in Liberty City and Alderney. Was very loyal to his friends and allies, and even though he had natural murderous skills as a hitman, he still retained a good amount of decent morals, social codes and ethics. Very much a likeable character and my best HD protagonist for sure. 

2 - Luis Lopez. He may have been lacking an in-depth personality, but he certainly had style. Always slick with his fashion sense and fresh-looking, bangs many sexy ladies, but he still kept it gangsta and handled serious crime business when needed to. Could always be relied upon to help out his friends. Was also smart and quick-thinking in difficult situations. For me, he done more than enough to earn second place. 

3 - Michael DeSanta/Townley. The fact that he was a snitch and double-crosser to his fellow thieves goes against him, not much of an exciting personal story - that family stuff was not that interesting enough to really draw me into his character. Regardless, I did like his character, and I really admired his leadership skills when it came to planning and pulling off major heists. He had a lot of home and external problems, but was still able to hold himself, his family and the crew together. 

4 - Franklin Clinton. I don't have much to say about him, as sadly, he kind of faded into the background halfway in GTA V, but I would not say he was a totally boring character either. Was quite self-centered and only cared for himself most of the time. And he moaned and whined quite a bit. However, he was very ambitious and highly motivated. Always down with the team, a fast learner, and puts in a lot of work when called upon. He was alright. 

5 - Johnny Klebitz. He was okay, but not really one of my favorites. In TLAD he had a tough persona, a solid, no-nonsense attitude, but he still used his brains first. Was able to overcome many major obstacles to win the confidence of his outlaw gang and become the accepted leader. However,

Spoiler
. Was very disappointed at that. Lost major marks for that indeed. Only reason he's not last on my list, is because I really hate Trevor. 

6 - Trevor. The WORST GTA protagonist EVER. Unnecessarily violent and crazy to extreme levels. His brutality was just too much, he needlessly killed people and destroyed things at will, like he thought he was some kind of super demonic figure. In fact, he was just f**king, despicable bully and degenerate psychopath with no kind of humanity to his soul whatsoever. In addition to this, he was unhygienic, dirty, scruffy, he cross-dressed (not funny at all), always exposing his sickly-looking naked bits, and he probably was bisexual too. This guy was everything I hated in a GTA protagonist. I'm so glad I 

Spoiler
. That was one of the best moments in the entire game for me. He provided some funny moments, I will agree, but for 99.99 percent of the time I just hated and despised him so much.

F**k Trevor, and I never wish to see or of him again in any future GTA title, not even a slight reference.

• Nameless Foot Soldier likes this

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:50 PM

1. Luis Lopez

2. Franklin Clinton

3. Michael De Santa

4. Johnny Klebitz

5. Trevor Philips

6. Niko Bellic

calambos
  • calambos

Snitch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:56 PM

1. Niko
2. Johnny
3. Luis
4. Franklin
5. Michael
6. Trevor

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:56 PM Edited by tom_p1980, 08 November 2013 - 12:59 PM.

6 - Trevor. The WORST GTA protagonist EVER. Unnecessarily violent and crazy to extreme levels. His brutality was just too much, he needlessly killed people and destroyed things at will, like he thought he was some kind of super demonic figure. In fact, he was just f**king, despicable bully and degenerate psychopath with no kind of humanity to his soul whatsoever. In addition to this, he was unhygienic, dirty, scruffy, he cross-dressed (not funny at all), always exposing his sickly-looking naked bits, and he probably was bisexual too. This guy was everything I hated in a GTA protagonist. I'm so glad I 

Spoiler
. That was one of the best moments in the entire game for me. He provided some funny moments, I will agree, but for 99.99 percent of the time I just hated and despised him so much.

F**k Trevor, and I never wish to see or of him again in any future GTA title, not even a slight reference.

Trevor could have been a fantastic protagonist, perhaps even the best but the fact they made him into a bully just pissed me off. Now I can stomach the whole skull f*cking a teddy bear and being a complete psychopath but the bullying thing and the hinted at rape of Floyd (and the subsequent demise of Floyd and his gf at the hands of Trevor) just didn't fit in with his character and did not sit well with me.

To me Trevor was being built up to be like an extreme version of Murdock from the A-Team, which is great, then he turns into a grade-A ballsack who was a misery to play as. As you say f**k him, hopefully if there is a GTA6 the next protagonist will be stomping Trevor's brains all over the pavement, as Trevor did with Johnny.

• Niobium likes this

kipakolonyasi
  • kipakolonyasi

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:32 PM

1. Niko

2. Michael

3. Luis

4. Franklin

5. Trevor

6. Johnny

BenniMBXD
  • BenniMBXD

the guy

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:49 PM

1.Niko Bellic

2.Trevor Phillips

3.Franklin Clinton

4.Luis Lopez

5.Michael De Santa

6.Johnny Klebitz

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:55 PM

Very disappointing that John Marston isn't in here. The best character in ANY Rockstar game. Rock solid performance from Rob Wiethoff and one of the only hard-as-nails characters that actually had something to lose. 

f*ck it, I'm playing RDR again, starting tonight. 

t-togg
  • t-togg

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:59 PM

1. Niko - because he is the character with most "depth" and he is the only one who is reflecting on his actions

2. Michael - i think his family/identitycange setting is really interesting, great movie-like character

3. Trevor - just madness

4. Franklin - his story seems llike a stripped-down version of CJ's. just that there could have been more depth,like an identity crisis because of the transition from grove street to vinewood hills. the way it was done is not really interesting

5. Johnny - as annoying this motorcyclegang bullsh*t was in the game, at least it is an uncommon and new setting which is kinda interesting. i was happy to see his head getting kicked in though :D

6. Luis - His game was great but the character is just lame, nothing rememberalbe or special

FireBallz21
  • FireBallz21

The Ultimate Question: Doctor Who?

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:05 PM

1. Niko Bellic. In my opinion, the most in-depth GTA character yet.

2. Michael De Santa ( Townley ). 2nd most in-depth character and also his own style, not too mob, not too crazy, not too classy.

3. Trevor Phillips. GTA basically

4. Johnny Klebitz. Just because he's a badass and he will forever be, 

Spoiler

5. Franklin Clinton. He isn't a dull character, he has some history but unfortunatly he was left out through the story except in the end. Too bad he's too CJ and not enough Lamar...

6. Luis Lopez. Too much of a boring character, he only has his "unique" *cough* Tommy Vercetti *cough* style.

7. Huang Lee... wat the f*ck am i supposed to say?

Vagos MC
  • Vagos MC

Playa

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:06 PM

1. Trevor Phillips - (He is crazy and mad. He is also one of the most funniest protagonists out of the GTA series. His madness is too funny.)

2. Michael De Santa (A struggling family man. Although he has a family, he has no objections to smoke a big cigar, drink some quality whiskey and earn money from illegal activities.)

3. Johnny Klebitz - (He took sh*t from no-one. I also like him as he rides motorcycles and listens to quality music like myself)

4. Niko Bellic - (Although he was depressed and rather boring, I enjoyed his murdering missions with several crime organisations. All of his missions were fun.)

5. Franklin Clinton - (It was good to have that Grove Street gang feeling back from San Andreas. He came rather close of becoming a moaning Luiz Lopez.)

6. Luiz Lopez - (Luiz would simply moan all of the time. He never did anything to help himself. He would complain all of the time yet he would go out and commit murders. His moaning did my head in.)

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Playa

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:48 PM Edited by gtarules_95, 08 November 2013 - 05:48 PM.

Very disappointing that John Marston isn't in here. The best character in ANY Rockstar game. Rock solid performance from Rob Wiethoff and one of the only hard-as-nails characters that actually had something to lose. 

f*ck it, I'm playing RDR again, starting tonight. 

he is certainly one of the best characters but its just about the GTA HD ERA otherwise he would  be in the Top 3

Sasqui
  • Sasqui

Gangsta sh*t

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:41 PM

1. Michael De Santa
2. Trevor Phillips
3. Niko Bellic
4. Franklin Clinton
5. Johnny Klebitz
6. Luis Lopez
7. Huang Lee

The first five are interchangeable, in my opinion. I guess Luis and Huang are, too, but I never played Chinatown wars so I don't know. The bottom line is all of the protagonists were great, with each having an edge over another depending on what you're looking for.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:13 PM

1. Michael

2. Trevor

3. Johnny

4. Franklin

5. Luis

6. Huang

7. Niko

Loved Michael and Trevor, really liked Johnny and Franklin, liked Luis, was indifferent to Huang, and Niko just annoys me, though I think he was a good protag for GTA IV.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, I always carry my heat in these streets

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:24 PM

Spoiler

Trevor could have been a fantastic protagonist, perhaps even the best but the fact they made him into a bully just pissed me off. Now I can stomach the whole skull f*cking a teddy bear and being a complete psychopath but the bullying thing and the hinted at rape of Floyd (and the subsequent demise of Floyd and his gf at the hands of Trevor) just didn't fit in with his character and did not sit well with me.

To me Trevor was being built up to be like an extreme version of Murdock from the A-Team, which is great, then he turns into a grade-A ballsack who was a misery to play as. As you say f**k him, hopefully if there is a GTA6 the next protagonist will be stomping Trevor's brains all over the pavement, as Trevor did with Johnny.

I don't know if that is possible, but yeah if it is, I'd like the same thing. 

Coral_City
  • Coral_City

The Don

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:27 PM

1. Trevor 'f*ck1ng' Phillips

2. Niko 'Bowling' Bellic

3. Franklin 'WHAT!' Clinton

4. Michael 'Yoga' De Santa

5. Johnny 'Dead' Klebitch

6. Luis 'fa**ot' Lopez

At the end of the day, they all suck ass apart from the saving grace Trevor 'f*ck1ng' Phillips. I'd also like to give an honorable mention to the big homie CJ and the homie Tommy Vercetti, I'd also like give a shout out to Vic Vance too because he's black and so am I, f*ck Claude I'll give his bitch ass an honorable mention when his bitch ass learns how to f*cking speak and f*ck Toni Cipriani too he sounds slike he's got a dick in his throat I don't condone that kind of behavior, and f*ck you if you got a problem with what I said.

trying too hard white boy

Niobium
  • Niobium

Johnny the Commie

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:52 PM Edited by nobum62, 15 November 2013 - 02:33 AM.

1. Trevor 'f*ck1ng' Phillips

2. Niko 'Bowling' Bellic

3. Franklin 'WHAT!' Clinton

4. Michael 'Yoga' De Santa

5. Johnny 'Dead' Klebitch

6. Luis 'fa**ot' Lopez

At the end of the day, they all suck ass apart from the saving grace Trevor 'f*ck1ng' Phillips. I'd also like to give an honorable mention to the big homie CJ and the homie Tommy Vercetti, I'd also like give a shout out to Vic Vance too because he's black and so am I, f*ck Claude I'll give his bitch ass an honorable mention when his bitch ass learns how to f*cking speak and f*ck Toni Cipriani too he sounds slike he's got a dick in his throat I don't condone that kind of behavior, and f*ck you if you got a problem with what I said.

dumbass checklist:

-calls luis a "fa**ot" (CHECK)

-ranks trevor as number 1 (CHECK)

-says every other HD protag sucks (DOUBLE CHECK)

not saying people who like trevor are dumb... but i'm saying dumb people like trevor because LOL hes in a dress.

trevor fanboys everywhere

Niobium
  • Niobium

Johnny the Commie

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:56 PM

1. johnny klebitz

2. niko bellic

3. micheal townley or de santa or whatever

4. luis lopez (i like how he says "oye","bro" or "yo" in 40% of the sentences he says)

5. franklin clinton

6. trevor phillips (i despise him)

i have not included huang lee because i haven't played chinatown wars

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Playa

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:33 PM

bump

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:59 PM

1) Michael/Niko (I'm split between those two)

2) Trevor (most hilarious and entertaining character in gaming history)

3) Johnny (I wasn't really into the whole biker thing, but he seemed loyal, and pretty badass)

4) Franklin (he was actually really likeable, and not as whiney as I had originally anticipated, but he was a little boring which is why I rank him lower than Johnny)

5) Luis (worst protag in GTA history. Just a miserable prick with zero humour value to him at all)

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:07 PM Edited by Tenxax, 16 November 2013 - 08:09 PM.

1 - Michael Townley   De Santa

2 - Trevor Phillips

3 - Niko Bellic

4 - Franklin Clinton

5 - Johhny Klebitz

6 - Luis Hernando Lopez

• theGTAking101 likes this

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:10 PM

Which Protagonist did you like the most? Which one did you hate?

I will start:

1. Niko Bellic

2. Michael De Santa

3. Trevor Phillips

4. Johny Klebitz

5. Franklin Clinton

6. Luis Lopez

You hit the nail on the head. Same here.

YOGDUSH
  • YOGDUSH

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:19 PM

1. Niko Bellic 2. trevor 3. Micheal 4. Frankling 5. Johnny 6. Luis

Nameless Foot Soldier
  • Nameless Foot Soldier

Libertonian

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:56 PM

1) Niko Bellic: The embodiment of cynical and foreign views on the American way of life. Not only that, but he plays the role of another flawed human just like everyone else. Niko from the beginning was a hypocritical person, comes to Liberty City to find a new chance and live the dream away from his dark past, yet, he comes to Liberty City because of a lead on the man he has been hunting for a decade, he comes to kill him for his years of his torment. He also talks down about corrupt people he may work for or bad people he cynically and sarcastically makes fun of, yet, he is a hitman for hire, a man who kills and steals for money. And he knows he's an asshole, he says so in the game. He even questions his morality and mortality, but he still does things he doesn't agree with, because that's the only thing he knows. And all for what, a man who sold out 12 people, 12 child murders. Than Niko himself spends 10 years killing hundreds of people, ruining lives and selling drugs just to find a man he is pissed at. Who was the real monster? And that's why Niko is the best, he is literature gold.  Beautifully written, so much so that even though he was an asshole, many feel for his story when we live it in GTA IV. A lost man and empty man.

2) Michael Townly: A man who a appears to have it all, money, family, big house, nice cars, sunny afternoons by the poolside in L.S. But How much does he really have? Money that ruins all his friendships, a family that hates him, a big fake house that represents his decayed life, cars that offer nothing, and a hot spot in a fake city stuck under a bright, fake sun, surrounded by the fakest people in the world. He is a character who had promise, but through years of ego, bad moves and selfish actions, he is left at a mid-life crisis that is finally showing him his life was ultimately wasted and utter piss. 40's years old and to close to death from bad habits and this, this is the life he won, this is the American Dream? A human life coming close to an end with a realization that his life was nothing but garbage he forced upon himself, knowing he's not the man he wanted to be, the man he'll never get to be. You only live one life and Michael realizes he did not live his only life the way he wanted. Yet he doesn't stop, the entire story of GTA V is cleaning up his messes, forcing everyone to get involved in his problems, selling friends out for a movie director, getting rid of his friend Trevor when he flew too close to the sun, when Michael was the one who showed him that burning sun of criminal activities. Michael kills so many, but yet acts and thinks nothing of it than his gain. Michael (in my book) was the sad antagonist of GTA V but you don't really realize it, even when you play as him, when you live that wasted, selfish life in GTA V. 

3) Franklin Clinton: The man who is lost in the wasteland of post gangland L.S. The man with ambition for something better, but for selfish reasons and that being the girl he can't over. He is a killer, but with no remorse (At least all the other GTA V characters understand their actions of murder) or no care. Multiple people bring up this fact of Franklin being a sociopathic murder but he just shrugs it off, never once does he ever question the act of murder. He feels it can be avoided but he can still do it with no care. Cold blood runs in those veins. Franklin never really shows emotion for anything else than his selfish desires of the girl he can't have. He never minds doing jobs, kill, steal, break in, he never argues with it (morally), he just agrees and goes with it (if it's a smart job). Who is the real psychopath? Trevor or Franklin, I'd put money on Franklin. He has no real emotions, he is a dark character, he is the embodiment of GTA. Death, money and vices. Ever think as to why he sticks to the background? Because he has no need to make the world his, he just wants money and do whatever he needs to for it. Fits perfectly in the image, background, but you play as that, you play as that man, a man who was forced to save his best friend Lamar, a man who only saved Michael was because Dave screwed him over and he needed Michael to deal with it. A man who assassinates without any problem, never even feels bad for his assassinations. (At least Niko cynically talked down about it.) Franklin is the Macbeth in GTA V.

4) Johnny Klebitz: The leathered biker in too many wars, but not just gang wars, wars that symbolize the American act of freedom. Who is more free? The man who works a dead end job taking sh*t from his boss in his fancy, fake clothes fitting the image, being used by the man who is higher than you, or the outlaw living life the way they want to, freedom to the open road and freedom to what ever they want, taking no sh*t and taking no mouth. But wait, take a closer look, notice something? Johnny noticed it as well. There is no difference. As Johnny said, there will all ways be a man. Billy is not of the best examples. Johnny needs to shut his mouth and listen to his asshole boss. Johnny needs to keep working for money to keep his brotherhood and livelihood afloat, in a dead end cycle of never resting. An outfit to match his job and social status, that leather, the colors. Being poor and used by rich and higher to do their dirty work. Who is more free? What is American Freedom? What was that dream that Niko wanted and that Michael was supposedly living? Not only that but in TLaD, Johnny was an ex-addict but Ashley couldn't lose the grip. Johnny was torn between different worlds, brotherhood of failed attempts to make his world his, drugs, money and it's need. Johnny was always left in a poor state from his principles which always loosened. He was the Lost Boy, damned from the beginning, forever lost to what life was. His end in GTA V symbolically represented his fall, his personal hell. His enteral damnation. Killed by some filthy meth head, killed for his love, his questioning, killed for his life. We could al wish he rode off into the sunset with Ashley at the end of TLaD, rode into the sunset he did, rode it to the ends of the earth, rode it into his permanent hell he could never escape.

5) Luis Lopez: The man from the mean streets of L.C, got a good footing and found a better way. Bodyguard work for the party prince, for the King of Liberty City himself. Tony Prince. Only Tony hasn't been the king for years and is losing his touch from pills and age. The work at hand is dirty work, often including murder. But Luis has no problem, he works for his job, he is a maniac. No thought of morality, no, it's just a job for him. And he also chooses to work for others on the side to make money for him and Tony More dark and dirt work for questionable people. Everyone in TBoGT lie to each other, no one is to be trusted. Everyone is an asshole, even friends. The world is about drugs, money and glamor. All ran by Gay Tony, his party world, but the party is almost over, it's up to Luis to keep it going. In an ugly and self absorbed world, who is really your friend?

6) Trevor Philips: The embodiment of American Freedom, a way from the fake and self absorbed. The only man who acts as himself, without care for what society may feel, does what he wants, lives the life Johnny couldn't but wanted, a man of his own, true freedom. Throughout GTA V, every character shows fakeness (Mostly Michael and Franklin) but Trevor is the man who shows no mask, he is the man everyone fears, because he is free. But the world shall look back and turn their ugly face, just as society did to the Frankenstein monster, look away in disgust. They speak of freedom but know not of what it is, than they say monster to the one who lives it. Trevor was not a bad guy, we just stick in our bubble of what we think the world is and we judge the different, we say filthy, we say insane, we say sick. We are the monster, not Trevor, us, society, the American people Rockstar loves to make fun of, we are them, even if we aren't American, we'll act like it around Trevor.

• Niobium likes this

itsdajmann08
  • itsdajmann08

GTAV

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:03 PM

1. Micheal De Santa
2. Franklin Clinton + Trevor Phillips(tie)
3. Luis Lopez
4. Niko Belic
5. Johnny Klebbitz

Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
  • Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:12 PM

1. Niko Bellic: What every protagonist should be.

2 Michael Townley: The only thing that made GTA V bearable.

3 Johny Klebitz: Raw, unapologetic yet grounded in reality.

4 Franklin Clinton: Wasted potential.

5. Luis Lopez: Lacked depth and focus.

6. Trevor Phillips: Abomination to the series, utter sh*t.

• theGTAking101 and Niobium like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users