170 replies to this topic
MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 23 July 2015 - 12:47 PM

@Gamesboy316, good post.  I agree, and have been saying the same thing since V came out.  The people drooling over V only ever mention Graphics and Character Switching, yet, claim it's the most revolutionary.  I don't see how something can be monumental with 2 different features from the last.  Stoney keeps saying that V did everything SA did, but better?  Perhaps one of the silliest comments I've read.  Keeping in mind, like Gamesboy316 has said, SA was monstrous for the PS2 and in fact had WAY more side activities and a lot more "meat" added to the Game.  Also...2004.  In V, you may have updated Graphics, which will always be the next logical progression in technology and gaming as years go by, but that has nothing to do with the game being good whatsoever.  The first person stuff is only a new gen thing, too.  The V I am playing (which I am happy to play) is on PS3 where this isn't even existing.  So I don't even look at that as a factor.  And tbh, I've seen first person on Youtube and all it did was make my dizzy.  So I wouldn't even like it or use it if I upgraded to PS4 or something.  The Characters, like Pulp and Gamesboy said has already been done, just in a different way, with one character per disc.  I also much prefer that, too.  TLaD and TBoGT are full games in my eyes, just short.  V might be a full game, and have 3 Characters, yet it feels even shorter and more boring.

So yeah, graphics =/= good game.  I've said this in another topic as well, but graphics sit at the BOTTOM of the spectrum on how I rate a game and give it a personal score.  If I play N-64 and PS1 Games, you really think I care about Graphics?  Hell no.  That is a younger generation thing to obsess over and it shows...

• Algonquin Assassin and R3CON like this

Stoney0503
  • Stoney0503

Buster, Straight Buster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 14 August 2015 - 06:51 PM Edited by Stoney0503, 14 August 2015 - 07:03 PM.

Ok, so saying V is better than SA is silly, but saying SA is better than V isn't? Not saying people who prefer SA over V are wrong, I just see that as bias, GTA V still manages to be a great game in terms of gameplay, then again I'm not really expecting logical posts from you.

SA wasn't a perfect game but it is revolutionary of what it achieved on the PS2, this is what GTA V did but for PS3/X360.

Yes, GTA V did what SA did but better, you literally ignored my post except the part where I mentioned graphics, whether you like it or not, graphics is apart of the game, what it achieved on PS3/X360 is outstanding, and it still gets content updates like it's NG/PC versions.

My first consoles were the PS1 and PS2, and I still play on those systems to this day, yet you still see me a graphics whore while enforcing the graphics whore stereotype just because I said GTA V did an amazing job on graphics, which it did, but because you have the graphics whore stereotype stuck in your head you instantly dismiss my post.

EDIT:

Everyone should give this a read:

http://www.something...a-review-grand/

• Tomasak and universetwisters like this

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

おっぱい 23V

• United-States

Posted 17 August 2015 - 02:29 AM

GTAIII isn't really better than V. It is however, much f*cking harder to beat. It's a tough game. You failed a mission? You drive back to re-start. You Got busted? You go spend money on weapons and then drive back to re-start. People going backwards will complain, I expect that. GTAIII is pretty raw esp to new players and even us returning players.

• Nico likes this

kane-wwe
  • kane-wwe

Player Hater

• Members
  • India

Posted 17 August 2015 - 02:54 PM

Am I the only one who made the mistake of playing GTA 4 first and the no able to adjust to games like VC,SA,III and regret later

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

My music's my favourite music ever.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 17 August 2015 - 07:12 PM

I played GTA4 as my first GTA and I don't have any probs with playing other GTA's :p I even play the top-down games.

GTA_The_Series
  • GTA_The_Series

Long Live 2pac, Tupac, Makaveli, The LEGEND

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 August 2015 - 01:55 AM Edited by GTA_The_Series, 18 August 2015 - 02:10 AM.

*Deleted Comment*

Peopini.S
  • Peopini.S

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • Latvia

Posted 18 August 2015 - 07:45 AM

It is waaaaaaaaaaay better than Lord Of The Craps: Gross Theft Auto 5

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 18 August 2015 - 08:29 AM

I do enjoy modded GTA III and it's quite more fun than GTA V. I'm more into playing old games, and as such, I find it good for the classic GTA experience.
That's all really matters. V appears to be better in many areas but even then I have no interest in picking it up as much as I care for GTA III.
  • Jinx. likes this

xxi
  • xxi

• Members
  • Wales
  • The Baddest Female
    Best CL Fan
    Best New Member 2015

Posted 20 August 2015 - 04:18 PM Edited by missanthropy, 20 August 2015 - 04:18 PM.

I enjoy GTA III just as much as the next GTA III fanboy but I don't feel the same way as OP. However I will say that GTA's III  humour is brilliant and it's well written, IMHO. 

crashoverride93
  • crashoverride93

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 March 2016 - 10:58 AM

I think that for somereason I kinda liked IV for both graphics and sTory line but gta3 is steal a great game

AjdarFan
  • AjdarFan

Forum awarded for biggest Ajdar fan on the universe

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 18 September 2016 - 11:41 AM

III, no. Why the hell III should be best? Just because of nostalgia blindness of course.
Vice City was the first GTA I properly played (I actually played SA first on my neighbor's PS2, but only for a few moments, and it was in Co-op mode, so I will not count that.) so I was blinded by 'nostalgia' feeling of VC, it was my childhood game dude!

Not sure if other countries still have it, but due to my country being a 'developing' country, there's still many poor people who don't have computers, so there's places in there called "Internet Cafe", basically you pay about 1 dollars to play any games in computer's library for about 1 hours or so, it depends on Cafe owner's prices. Back then, Internet Cafes were far more popular, nowadays there's almost no houses without computers or devices such as smartphones, and due to computers at Internet Cafes being really poor at performance, people are even still playing old games in it such as Vice City or CS 1.6 in it, because these computers can barely run even GTA IV, if you're lucky, however, owners started to expand their computers' performance these daya greatly, due to high declining popularity of Cafes.

So, short of the long story, NFS UG 2, Vice City, San Andreas, CS 1.6, Half Life and many games in that time period are still highly popular in these days, so they are considered as 'legends' by MANY people. I was considering Vice City as 'legend' or 'no other game can give that feeling' etc.

Until a few weeks ago, when I was decided to give it a shot again, after all these years, and III and SA too, they are all installed in my computer and I decided to play them simultaneously, and for decreasing risk of not being able to fairly compare them to each other, since if you play them altogether, you can easily compare them to each other. I finished Vice City %100 yesterday, and you know what?

It wasn't as amazing as I used to remember it, sure, it was still nice, but not as much as before it felt. Story was really cheesy Scarface replica, beforethat, I was look,ng Vice City's storyline as one of the best on series.

III wasn't that good, like others said in this thread, it's a lacking game, both by gameplay features, with an mute characterless protagonist that is no different than of a plastic mannequinn.

But SA, oh my god SA, probably it's the best game ever for me!

It still managed to catch me again by great atmosphere! I used to think CJ was a coward chicken, but I realized he was only inexperienced but extremely talented and catching how things hork pretty easily, it is much better than that work slave Claude who doesn't have even a mind of his own, and that scarface replica story of VC. CJ is different than others, he's actually feeling. Feeling remorse over his actions. And that story, SA is amazing! There's tons of stuff to do in whole state and 104 misions, damn, that's a whole lot!

Story is AMAZING! Really! I wasn't expecting to love this game again that much! Funny characters, funny quotes, nailed gangstar theme, whole story is hella lot fun and very funny! And extremely varied customization of our hero, is also amazing.

Tl;dr: SA nailed it again by both gameplay features, amazing story and beheaded VC by sitting in throne of 'legendary' of mine.

ScottleeSV
  • ScottleeSV

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 September 2016 - 06:45 AM Edited by ScottleeSV, 21 September 2016 - 06:46 AM.

GTA5 is a better game. A more enjoyable game.

But GTA3 had more impact on my gaming life. It was more notable and significant.

It's sort of like comparing your first ever g/f at 16, with the woman you ended up marrying at 30. The first ever g/f thing was more significant, more magical and nostalgic, but your wife in the present day is better for you. There's just more under the surface with her.

xxi
  • xxi

• Members
  • Wales
  • The Baddest Female
    Best CL Fan
    Best New Member 2015

Posted 21 September 2016 - 07:23 AM Edited by Candy Suxxx, 21 September 2016 - 07:35 AM.

For many (myself included) I would say GTA III is fun, nostalgic and it was a new era for GTA series.

And GTA V obviously has a much more captivating storyline, superior gameplay and was probably the most anticpated GTA game to date.

IMHO I don't believe that GTA III is better than V despite it being my fav GTA game overall.
  • GTAKid667 and Baltel like this

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Bitchass Bullsh*t

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 21 May 2017 - 07:43 AM Edited by CGFforLife, 01 July 2017 - 03:23 PM.

GTA III just bad at some thing such as you can't steal locked car,can't swim,can't fly helicopter/plane properly. Finally it is possible in GTA V. However i still liked to play gta iii on my phone

kaetsyth
  • kaetsyth

Snow Dog

• Members
  • France

Posted 21 May 2017 - 08:55 PM

GTA V is more into the current trends : beautiful graphics, a lot of help for people who don't want to think too much before doing something, some checkpoints, a good story, cutscenes, etc. it's all about what you can see, not about what you can feel. I would choose GTA III over V any day because it's not what I can see that makes me play a game but what I do feel. GTA III is hard, it gives you the liberty to play it the way you want, you can play 5 minutes and make a complete mess or play for hours without feeling bored. With that fake realistic driving and physics, ridiculous stamina and cover system, etc. GTA V improved the gameplay but the game lost all its depth. There is nothing really interesting to do outside of following the script in Story Mode and that's not how I see GTA. GTA should be some kind of big sandbox where you are free to do you what you want and where all the realistic crap does not belong.

Richie Makyura
  • Richie Makyura

Drunken :v

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 10 June 2017 - 11:47 PM

Everyone Says San Andreas & V are the Best and says ¨is the Game Created by the gods¨ ._. .... Everyone on Mexico says that , but GTA 3 Is the real Father of all GTA Games, the Firts in 3D, Firts in the Gameplay of the series, content and beta mysteries/removed from final game, and the most important point: The Essence of ¨Grand Theft Auto¨ Car stealer, A criminal that only Works for Money and Respect, A criminal who want the fear of the People on the Streets, Kills Marked People by orders, Cops and Inocent People AND San Andreas, IV & V DON,T HAVE THE Essence of GTA, its gone after VCS and CW

¨And Remember the Respect is Everything¨

Terrc87
  • Terrc87

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 13 June 2017 - 10:33 AM

lets just say GTA III is revolutionary for GTA series and then we'll be happily ever after.

Will Lorenzo Cooper
  • Will Lorenzo Cooper

Camhack Video Editor

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 June 2017 - 03:59 PM

At a "revolutionary" and "innovative" point, III is always better than V, but not when you compare them together nowadays. So in terms of that, III was amazing in 2001 but GTA V was not a "wow" or amazing game to me in 2013 because IV had better technology, mechanics and brought a new gameplay experience in 2008 which blew me away.

It's a bit like a comparing with Call of Duty 4, which brought a new innovative addictive multiplayer system in the COD series back in 2007 that we still use today such as killstreaks, rank and prestige, create a class, hitmarkers, in game commentators etc... but 10 years later the core multiplayer system has hardly changed so its no longer a game that wowed us like it did back in 2007.

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 04 August 2017 - 01:00 AM Edited by Journey_95, 04 August 2017 - 01:04 AM.

Its the more groundbreaking and important game (for the industry) but definitely not better for me. Hasn't really aged well, hell VC only came 1 year later and I its still fun to replay unlike GTA 3.

VictorVince1239
  • VictorVince1239

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2017 - 11:00 PM

I like 3 better but there's just way to much stuff to do in v both online and on the main story. 

jaljax
  • jaljax

Vice Squad

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 09 August 2017 - 04:01 AM

If it wasn't for Gta 3 then we wouldn't have Gta 5 or any of the rest of the game's in the series simply because Gta 3 is what started it all and made the series a much bigger game series .

Gta 3 is better then Gta 5 in some way's , but not so much because the game is from 2001 and also as i mentioned before that was the game that started it all basically .

Everyone has their own opinions .

• Payne Killer likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users