Quantcast

» «
Photo

The Identity Crisis: The Problems with V's story.

689 replies to this topic
ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:17 AM

Embracing our dark impulses ? Look, I got nothing wrong with killing cops by the hundreds with Claude, or burning people alive using a flamethrower with CJ. But eating human stew, f*cking your own mom, and raping women, men, animals, corpses, etc, that's just falling into Saints Row category. Just any sort of f*cked up sh*t that made no sense was written down on a piece of paper by Rockstar and thrown into the game.

I'll declare it, Trevor, is for me, the worst GTA protagonist of the HD and 3D era combined.

• Drunken Cowboy likes this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:19 AM

@ThroatSlasher

f*cking your own mom? Where did you get that one from?

mad_dog_robinson
  • mad_dog_robinson

Hell Fury Owner

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:03 PM

Yep, he ruined his life. And it was funny as hell. Just like when he gets out covered in his blood. That was funny as f*ck.

That's another reason why I like Trevor: he is so sick, that it's actually funny. You guys should stop looking soo seriously at the story and maybe, just maybe, you would enjoy it. Sometimes I think some people expected some kind of serious Shakespeare master piece.

the f*cking game took 5 years dude... we expected better 

• hooma and Drunken Cowboy like this

mastershake616
  • mastershake616

The Wolf of BAWSAQ

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:29 AM

Trevor destroys Niko.

I don't like going around saying that it's a fact, but it is a fact.

Just the fact he would beat the sh*t out of him doesn't make him a better character.

I'm thinking of a character. He's half-cyborg, and his arms are made out of guns. And his head is made out of guns. And his dick is made out of guns. He doesn't engage in plot, themes, or dialogue, he just shoots people with all his guns.

He meets Niko and kills him. I still think Niko's the more three-dimensional, BETTER character...

...but I never said Trevor was a better character. That's really up to you.

When I said that Trevor destroys Niko is that, in a fight, Trevor would win. Just that.

:)

Trevor destroys Niko.

I don't like going around saying that it's a fact, but it is a fact.

He could be destroyed, but he wouldn't go down without an epic, bloody fight. He wouldn't end up on hot sand, in the middle of the desert with his brains splattered everywhere. *cough cough*

Yeah, Niko is badass indeed. Him, Claude and Tommy are the only ones who would put up a good fight against Trevor.

Damn, that must make Franklin the biggest badass of them all, considering that he f*cking kills Trevor. 

Yep, he ruined his life. And it was funny as hell. Just like when he gets out covered in his blood. That was funny as f*ck.

That's another reason why I like Trevor: he is so sick, that it's actually funny. You guys should stop looking soo seriously at the story and maybe, just maybe, you would enjoy it. Sometimes I think some people expected some kind of serious Shakespeare master piece.

the f*cking game took 5 years dude... we expected better 

crying-baby.jpg

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:37 AM

Since we're talking about Trevor I'll repost my thoughts from the thread about Trevor.

http://gtaforums.com...entry1064444200

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, I always carry my heat in these streets

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:25 PM Edited by Official General, 04 January 2014 - 06:57 PM.

Yeah, Niko is badass indeed. Him, Claude and Tommy are the only ones who would put up a good fight against Trevor.

@ Zodape

That's funny. The last time I remember seeing Trevor in GTA V was when he ran away from Franklin like a b*tch-ass pussy, got caught, killed, and grilled hot like shish kebab. 

Oh and yeah, Tommy and Niko would taken real good care of Trevor in a minute. With his short temper and instantly murderous nature,Tommy probably wouldn't even entertain a confrontation with Trevor - he'd hit him with a quick shotgun blast in the chest, as soon as Trevor displayed the slightest aggression. Niko would probably let Trevor think he's the badass and dominate a confrontation before drawing out his pistol and hitting him right in between the eyes, bullseye. Serbian Army-trained mothaf**ka !!

• Drunken Cowboy and Biohazard Abyss like this

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?"

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:45 PM

Is this whole thread about trevor killing floyd? Trevor told him debra was bad for him but he didn't listen and she got him killed.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:23 PM

@LilJacob

This thread was made by Drunken Cowboy who was dissapointed (Butthurt suits better) about Johhny K's death at the hands of Trevor. So he pointed out all the plotholes in the game and created a massive argument between T and J fanboys.

Oh and if you point a plothole about GTA IV you'll be considered a troll or a fanboy of GTA V.

@OfficialGeneral

You're making me laugh here sir, Tommy wasn't even able to block/Dodge attacks nor able to swim yet he can beat Trevor? You're honestly thinking for the characters here, Tommy nor Niko would kill Trevor instantly nor Trevor would have any reason to kill them because he's not a 24/7 Scruffy dirty man molester who kills whoever the f*ck he wants because he can.

He kills people if he gets pissed, he gets engulfed in rage and kills them all like if it was a walk on the damn park, Floyd and Debra died because they pissed him off, Floyd didn't deserve it to be honest but Cousin Debra did because she threatened both at gunpoint.

Jesus he did torment Floyd yet he tried to make him man up and was going to pay him for all the help.

Niobium
  • Niobium

Johnny the Commie

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:24 PM

Is this whole thread about trevor killing floyd? Trevor told him debra was bad for him but he didn't listen and she got him killed.

how did debta get him killed? for trying to get a crazy psychopath who can kill her any second out of her house?

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:31 PM

@Nobum62

Nobum nobum nobum... dear Nobum. I think people like you are significantly ignorant, ''Loudmouth dirty hillbilley'' jesus if AtomicPunk was here he would of had taught you about Southern People and made you shut your goddamned mouth for once.

Trevor doesn't kill and rape 24/7. Debra did have it coming because of her antics and her infidelity towards Floyd, he could of had told Trevor to leave nicely and he would of had accepted because he ins't a animal unlike everyone points out in here. Debra pulled out a gun on him and by Floyd tried to be a man atleast once and took out a knife, Trevor got pissed and unintentially killed them.

He even considered Floyd like family and was going to pay him afterwards.

Niobium
  • Niobium

Johnny the Commie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:06 PM

@Nobum62

Nobum nobum nobum... dear Nobum. I think people like you are significantly ignorant, ''Loudmouth dirty hillbilley'' jesus if AtomicPunk was here he would of had taught you about Southern People and made you shut your goddamned mouth for once.

Trevor doesn't kill and rape 24/7. Debra did have it coming because of her antics and her infidelity towards Floyd, he could of had told Trevor to leave nicely and he would of had accepted because he ins't a animal unlike everyone points out in here. Debra pulled out a gun on him and by Floyd tried to be a man atleast once and took out a knife, Trevor got pissed and unintentially killed them.

He even considered Floyd like family and was going to pay him afterwards.

"unintentionally killed them"

but it was still unforgivable because he killed his friend's cousin and lied that he didn't afterwards. apparently he killed other friends of wade too.

yes, floyd had a knife, but trevor didn't need to kill him because he knew floyd was harmless, otherwise he wouldn't have bullied him so much to get what he wanted.

if floyd was trevor's family, then Trevor really treats his family like sh*t

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:14 PM

@Nobum62

He was going to pay him for all the trouble after the Heist was done, he honestly tried to make Floyd man up and stand against him because Wade could of had told him that he was literally a sissy and that he had an overly abusive girlfriend that even cheated on him.

And for all we know Debra could of had shot Floyd or he could of had stabbed her, we literally don't know what happened during that cutscene but its safe to asume they must of had killed eachother and Trevor got out. And if Floyd had enough balls to pick up a knife for once he would of had stabbed Trevor, you don't really know what everyone is capable of.

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The X

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:29 PM

I loved Trevor when he was feeding off of Michael, and the history they had made for some fantastic dialogue. Trevor's a superb supporting character but his flaws really show when it's just him and the people he surrounds himself with. Trevor's the reason why Phil Cassidy would never work as a protagonist. Craziness is repetitive and is hard to mold a story around. I much prefered playing as Franklin or Michael, because they had a sense of composure. Ruining Floyd's life was something that could have been a launching pad for another story, maybe discovering Trevor's true emotional issues, but just like when Trevor killed Johnny, nothing came of it. Senseless killings that I was always expecting to branch off into a different story, but they didn't do that. Family issues and trust issues, an opium problem, just things glossed over. Trevor just becomes that crazy human stew eating pardody of what a psychopath really is.

In my game, Trevor is dead. Surviving is winning, everything else is bullsh*t.

• SmoothGetaway, HaythamKenway, Ermacs and 1 other like this

notgonlie
  • notgonlie

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:04 PM

in b4 "red dead was a good game"

mad_dog_robinson
  • mad_dog_robinson

Hell Fury Owner

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:15 PM

looks like the biggest fanboy here is you tenxax? do u get sexual gratification from firemen ? ... if were either t or j fanboys ? whats that make you besides a hypocrite ?

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:41 PM

@Mad_Dog_Robinson

Do you get orgasms and great amounts of pleasure from having the Grimm rapper penetrate you with a double barrel shotgun? No? Then don't talk sh*t about me, you hear?

Im not a fanboy who goes to every place saying V is the best game, it definetively has it flaws and could of had improved in certain spots. But it pisses me off when people put every single little detail under the microscope and tend to call it the worst or that the story had plotholes. Like if this was the first GTA to had plotholes (IV had plotholes too but if you mention them you'll get yelled at by Left, Right and Center in the name of story-driven games) and that some of the protagonists aren't really understood and underrated by the people.

Niobium
  • Niobium

Johnny the Commie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:15 PM

@Nobum62

He was going to pay him for all the trouble after the Heist was done, he honestly tried to make Floyd man up and stand against him because Wade could of had told him that he was literally a sissy and that he had an overly abusive girlfriend that even cheated on him.

And for all we know Debra could of had shot Floyd or he could of had stabbed her, we literally don't know what happened during that cutscene but its safe to asume they must of had killed eachother and Trevor got out. And if Floyd had enough balls to pick up a knife for once he would of had stabbed Trevor, you don't really know what everyone is capable of.

when did Trevor try to make Floyd man up and stand against him? are you just making up things now?

btw, trevor DID kill floyd, otherwise he wouldn't be deceiving wade. if trevor didn't kill floyd, he wouldn't have to deceive wade.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:02 AM

@Nobum62

He said it himself during the Scouting the Port mission, that people pitty him and that he needed to man up. And he was deceiving Wade due to his child mindset, he would be pewtty horrified if he found out his cousin or probably his only family memeber got killed.

Niobium
  • Niobium

Johnny the Commie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:04 AM

@Nobum62

He said it himself during the Scouting the Port mission, that people pitty him and that he needed to man up. And he was deceiving Wade due to his child mindset, he would be pewtty horrified if he found out his cousin or probably his only family memeber got killed.

so trevor only said that floyd needed to man up, but not against him?

tbh i don't care why trevor lied to wade. killing his friend's cousin? that's a dick move

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:21 AM

And what did Floyd actually do for Wade apart from being his cousin? If I know pretty much he was really trying to avoid him and must of had forgotten he even existed at somepoint.

And Trevor was not telling him to man up against him, he was telling him to man up against Debra and the other people who push him around at the docks.

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:42 AM Edited by Drunken Cowboy, 05 January 2014 - 05:43 AM.

Let's take a break everyone.

hqdefault.jpg

Trevor is a big component of the problem, but this thread is still on the plot as a whole.

The Floyd and Debra thing is a big character flaw of his (in my opinion), but there's other things to discuss in relation to a character and the story itself.

diesel47
  • diesel47

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:55 AM Edited by diesel47, 05 January 2014 - 05:56 AM.

Out of all the GTA games in the history, this one had the weakest storyline, weakest dialogues and weakest character development ever. This game is like a really hot and dumb girl with no personality, it has a pretty face and body (i.e., graphics) but not much else going on for it. 

• Tyla, PulpFiction, Mr_Leone and 4 others like this

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:43 AM

Out of all the GTA games in the history, this one had the weakest storyline, weakest dialogues and weakest character development ever. This game is like a really hot and dumb girl with no personality, it has a pretty face and body (i.e., graphics) but not much else going on for it.

I think a lot of people can't appreciate this game for what it truly is. Sure, they don't throw deep and meaningful characters and such at your face, but if you inspect the attention to detail, most of you will find this game has a lot to offer. It's certainly hasn't got the worst storyline and chatacter develepment in my books, and I'd even go as far as saying it has one of the best dialogues in any GTA to date.
  • Gta_V_Fan_101 and mastershake616 like this

PulpFiction
  • PulpFiction

The Libertonian grandmaster

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:51 AM

I think a lot of people can't appreciate this game for what it truly is. Sure, they don't throw deep and meaningful characters and such at your face, but if you inspect the attention to detail, most of you will find this game has a lot to offer. It's certainly hasn't got the worst storyline and chatacter develepment in my books, and I'd even go as far as saying it has one of the best dialogues in any GTA to date.
He does make some good points. For me character development in GTA V is on the weak side and for some reason supporting characters come and go far too often like a revolving door.

By the end of the story I had already forgotten 90% of the cast. No one really stands out IMO.
  • Official General, Choco Taco, mad_dog_robinson and 1 other like this

mastershake616
  • mastershake616

The Wolf of BAWSAQ

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:52 AM

Regardless of your opinions, that's the most idiotic analogy I've ever read. 

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The X

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:28 AM Edited by Mr_Leone, 05 January 2014 - 08:28 AM.

Well...on the topic of supporting characters, they just didn't get enough screen time. To be honest with you, I don't really think GTA V had a true antagonist. Compare it to IV, people say Pegorino is a weak ending and he murdered Niko's future wife, and that is the weaker of the two. People say C is canon, but I don't like that C is canon - if it is, it's the weakest of the three. A in my opinion is the one I could see happening, as the title of the missions says, it's something sensible. Everybody was a supporting character, even Franklin & Trevor would take supporting roles in some moments of the game. It was hard to cope with the guy you customize and the guy you're supposed to sympathize with is not getting enough screen time.

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:34 AM

Yeah, like in the OP, the excuses for "antagonists" were pretty awful, but while the interesting supporting characters were limited, the ones present gave some interesting conversations.

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The X

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:40 AM

Yeah, like in the OP, the excuses for "antagonists" were pretty awful, but while the interesting supporting characters were limited, the ones present gave some interesting conversations.

I've had this discussion with a few friends and they usually get upset when I say GTA 4 is superior. I show them this thread, and they actually understand my opinion. I don't agree 100% with the OP but it is well written and I enjoyed the read.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, I always carry my heat in these streets

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:05 PM

He does make some good points. For me character development in GTA V is on the weak side and for some reason supporting characters come and go far too often like a revolving door.

By the end of the story I had already forgotten 90% of the cast. No one really stands out IMO.

@ Son Of Liberty

I totally agree, because I felt the same way. I still remember GTA IV's character's very well and in a great way. People like Dwayne Forge, Elisabeta, Playboy X, Ray Boccino, Dimitri Rascalov, Lil' Jacob, Malc, Rocco Pelosi - these were characters with real, authentic personalities that left unforgettable, long-lasting impressions on the player.  I could go on and on to name more IV characters like that ! 

Can't say the same about GTA V, even with the protagonists and antagonists. 

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:25 PM

I think V would have had a great improvement if only the three protagonists had more of a close relationship. Like they we're brothers.

If you're gonna make a game that stars three despicable protags, at least make the player root for them in some way or another.

Now you're stuck with 1 depressed, midlife crisis, narcissistic drunk old fool, 1 psychotic, dirty, deranged hillbilly with a meth problem, and a selfish, egocentric, self centered young man, and those 3 keep starting fights like a bunch of high school teenagers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users