Quantcast

» «
Photo

The Identity Crisis: The Problems with V's story.

670 replies to this topic
Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:16 PM

You're a dumbass.

Do you apply this logic to all video games?

When an important character dies in a war game, are you like

"Oh well it doesn't matter because 250 AI controller soldiers with randomly generated names died around me the entire campaign hurr durr."

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

Police Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:21 PM

The problem is, Hillary nor Floyd and Debra are important characters. Yea we get to know a Little bit of their antics and what they are and what the might of had been doing but you don't get to relate to them or care for that much.

Oh, and you're a terrible example of a f*cking person.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:24 PM

Coming from the guy who was okay with Trevor making Floyd's life miserable and killing him afterwards.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

Police Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:28 PM

Ruined his life? For a couple of days, then everything went back to normal when he left to the desert.

And I think he killed him for the same reason he killed Johhny K.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:30 PM Edited by Official General, 31 December 2013 - 06:37 PM.

Trevor basically ruined Floyd's life and then killed him and his fiance.  He's a complete dick.  This can't even be argued.

THIS   :^:

Among other reasons, this is one big reason why I really hated Trevor. After that incident, I just despised even more. I'm so grateful to Rockstar that we had the chance to kill him though. Trevor's death was the best part of the storyline. 

My thumbs were stingin' real hard weaving in and out of traffic and speeding, during the Franklin/TRevor car chase part at the end, I was so determined to get him on the first attempt (and I did too). 

@ nobum 

also killing floyd was unjust. yes floyd had a knife, but Trevor knew he was harmless, otherwise trevor would have never tormented him.

This too  :^:

It was funny to see the tables turned, when Trevor instantly turned pussy ran like a b*tch from a real 'badass' like Franklin whom he knew would unfailingly kill him, despite their newly acquired friendship. 

lol a and b endings arn't canon... lol.......franklin got punked by michael when he was repoing the car like a little bit*h

"but man its just a repo job" like a baby

i find it funny that people were against trevor killing floyd and debra, when you go on murder sprees throughout the whole game

but i guess since it was a cutscene it was different, hypocrites

@ greenrock

* Canon ending or not - Trevor acts the way he acts, and gets killed in my story of GTA V, because the option is there, and that is how I choose to end it.  And that is all that matters to me. Franklin kills Trevor, whichever way you look at it, hard to accept, just deal with it. You just can't handle the fact that Franklin is the only one guaranteed to live so far. 

* If a man is right behind you while you are driving a car and he has a loaded pistol pointed at the back of your head what are you gonna do ? What would most people do ? More than likely you, like most people, would sensibly plead and negotiate for your life, because you are in a very vulnerable situation and your life is in the hands of the guy threatening you. Even the most hardened gangster would probably do that. Franklin was caught slipping in such a very vulnerable situation, so he did just that, DUH.  

* Not everyone plays the game like that, and I certainly do not. I don't find doing murder sprees in GTA that fun, exciting or interesting, and I have not done so for a long time.  Anyway, a murder spree is stuff done in free roam, it's not connected in anyway to the story. For anyone knows, they could role play it as a dream for the protagonist. 

am30
  • am30

Irn Bru ftw

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:36 PM

Ruined his life? For a couple of days, then everything went back to normal when he left to the desert.

Yeah, both were annoying and had long since served their purpose.  Floyd being a wimp would have dropped Trevor in it eventually and Johnny being a meth addicted waster was a liability.  It's called tying up loose ends.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:45 PM Edited by Official General, 31 December 2013 - 06:49 PM.

Yeah, both were annoying and had long since served their purpose.  Floyd being a wimp would have dropped Trevor in it eventually and Johnny being a meth addicted waster was a liability.  It's called tying up loose ends.

@ am30

You make no sense at all. You obviously did not pay any attention to the story. You call him a wimp, but Floyd was not involved in all that heist stuff in the first place, he was not even really a criminal or any serious kind. He was just mostly a normal working man with a decent job and possessing the calm, soft guy personality he had, he was intensively pressured and bullied into doing that dock heist by Trevor. 

As for Johnny K, he's a meth addict, but how did that make him a liability to Trevor ? It's not like him or Trevor were major partners in crime or both a part of the same criminal organization. And furthermore, Trevor is a meth head himself. Johnny K's death was pointless if you ask me. I just thought Rockstar should have done Johnny's K's character better justice than that, but it's not something that bothered me a great deal. 

• Drunken Cowboy and Biohazard Abyss like this

nobum62
  • nobum62

Douchebag who owns a chromed Furore GT

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:50 PM

@officer general johnny' death did bother me. I didn't like when Trevor killed a character I loved and then I was 'forced' to play as him. this really made trevor a drag
  • mad_dog_robinson likes this

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:53 PM Edited by Official General, 31 December 2013 - 06:54 PM.

@officer general johnny' death did bother me. I didn't like when Trevor killed a character I loved and then I was 'forced' to play as him. this really made trevor a drag

Johnny just was not really a favorite protagonist of mine, and I liked TBOGT better than TLAD. BUT.....yeah I still agree that Rockstar should not have killed of Johnny K. It was pointless and added nothing great or interesting to the story. When I first heard the leaks about it, I thought it would have been something really deep and major (I was pissed off about hearing it though). 

The Lost should not have even been in the game, they should have put the AOD in there.

• mad_dog_robinson, Drunken Cowboy and nobum62 like this

Cakelover21
  • Cakelover21

Unique Vehicle Collector

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:55 PM

Like reading a book you have too much time so you bitch about how much better the story would have been? Im sorry but i did not read the whole thing but i do agree that Johnny should have not been with Ashley in the story of V. If there ever will be a big story DLC then i think i should start with how Johnny got back together with Ashley and that you could play with Johnny with only the part of LC playable where Brians house is (cause R* cant handle that much map size and stuff). Later after you beat that part of the DLC then we would see Johnny on a plane with LC in the background and it would show a blackscreen with text of the year and stuff (like the prologe). A cutscene starts with young T and M going about their day robbing gas stations and on the way to one they meet Brad trying to do the same thing. They robb the store go to a warehouse they team up with Brad who was trying to get some extra money for a hacker called Lester for a job at one of the fleeca banks. They all share their stories when M and B are done it swithes to another part of the DLC where you play as T again in the airforce 4 years before he met B in flashback cam (like the new yersey parts of Max Payne 3). Once that part is done he will be back in NY but this time playing as Brad doing jobs for a gang with the help of Trevor and Michael after that there is about 23 missions and then it goes to the Prologe mission... (NGclan if you are reading this then take some notes for your mod :D )

am30
  • am30

Irn Bru ftw

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:07 PM

@ am30

You make no sense at all. You obviously did not pay any attention to the story. You call him a wimp, but Floyd was not involved in all that heist stuff in the first place, he was not even really a criminal or any serious kind. He was just mostly a normal working man with a decent job and possessing the calm, soft guy personality he had, he was intensively pressured and bullied into doing that dock heist by Trevor. 

As for Johnny K, he's a meth addict, but how did that make him a liability to Trevor ? It's not like him or Trevor were major partners in crime or both a part of the same criminal organization. And furthermore, Trevor is a meth head himself. Johnny K's death was pointless if you ask me. I just thought Rockstar should have done Johnny's K's character better justice than that, but it's not something that bothered me a great deal. 

Actually, I've played the story 3 times so clearly I have paid attention so your point is invalid there.

Floyd was a total wimp and a loser to boot!  That is undeniable.  Dude was scared of his woman and had a teddy bear.  Maybe if you'd paid attention you'd have noticed these things.  'nuff said.

Johnny K was a weak character who should have been forgotten about after TL&TD.  He had to be killed for the story.  I take it you'd have just had Trevor walk up to the Lost, say "Hey guys" and then just start blasting them for no reason?

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:17 PM

@ am30

Floyd was supposed to be soft, what's your point ? Loser and wimp or not, he had legitimate, decent job working on the docks and he did not want to lose his job. Trevor just came into his life, bullied him, made his life a living hell and then just killed him - for what ? So Floyd deserves to die just because he's a wimp and a loser ? Come on, stop the nonsense. 

Johnny K being killed added very little to Trevor's story. Trevor had a few brief violent encounters with the Lost and that was it. There was nothing else to it, except in free roam. I thought it was gonna be deeper and more interesting than that, but it was not. To me, it made no difference, it did not make it better or worse. 

• Drunken Cowboy, Biohazard Abyss and nobum62 like this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

Police Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:24 PM

@OfficialGeneral

Debra got him that Job, he didn't want to loose it but it was heavily implied that he was misstreated by the other workers at the docks and that he had a small penis. Plus Cousin Debra also treated him like crap and cheated on him.

Also Trevor was a long time enemy of the Lost, in Online generally we've got missions from him to steal stuff from the Lost and destroy some of their bussiness by part of Mr. Madrazo too.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:13 PM Edited by Official General, 31 December 2013 - 08:41 PM.

@OfficialGeneral

Debra got him that Job, he didn't want to loose it but it was heavily implied that he was misstreated by the other workers at the docks and that he had a small penis. Plus Cousin Debra also treated him like crap and cheated on him.

Ok his cousin got him a job. Ok, he was treated like sh*t by his co-workers. Ok, he has a small penis. How the f**k does this justify Floyd being more or less an innocent man deserving to die a brutal death at the hands of an extremely violent, homicidal bully and hardened criminal like Trevor ?

It justifies absolutely NOTHING regarding this event.

I'm not trying to be rude here, but some guys on this forum display such a spectacular lack of rational thinking. 

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:15 PM

Apparently if you're a wimp, it's perfectly okay for you to die.

• Official General, The Odyssey, Drunken Cowboy and 1 other like this

greenrock
  • greenrock

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:07 PM

C ENDING IS CANON AHHAHAHAHHAHAH OFFICIAL GENERAL YOU LOSE

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

My posts are brought to you by Chuckola Cola Drinks.

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:20 PM

Whoa. Calm down man. You need to know that people have opinions. I, personally, hated endings A and B but he enjoyed ending A. He's entitled to his opinion just like how we are.

• Ermac., Drunken Cowboy, nobum62 and 1 other like this

nobum62
  • nobum62

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:15 PM

no it's not.

don't bring up the fact that there's artwork about the option C ending. that doesn't prove at all that C is canon. the artwork might make C the default ending, but not the canon ending

Vanto
  • Vanto

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:26 PM

no it's not.

don't bring up the fact that there's artwork about the option C ending. that doesn't prove at all that C is canon. the artwork might make C the default ending, but not the canon ending

As you say, the artwork doesn't make ending C. Rockstar could make the artwork before they made the endings and they didn't have where to place the scene.

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:55 PM Edited by Gta_V_Fan_101, 31 December 2013 - 11:55 PM.

no it's not.

As you say, the artwork doesn't make ending C. Rockstar could make the artwork before they made the endings and they didn't have where to place the scene.

What about the dialogue on Trevor's trailer? Some of the lines were from ending C.

Vanto
  • Vanto

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:04 AM Edited by Vanto, 01 January 2014 - 12:05 AM.

I think you're talking about the ''You're therapist has a lot to say.'' line which was originally going to appear in Three's a Company in Trailer 2. They made the line for the mentioned mission but finally put it in ending C, I don't know why.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

Police Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:08 AM

Well the Artwork leads to be believe ending C is canon because all three of the characters are together look at the boot of a Tornado, If I remember well the Tornado is one of the vehicles used in the mission and the Artwork was realised atleast weeks before the game was out.

Plus, most of the scenes in ending C appear in the trailers.

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:13 AM

I think you're talking about the ''You're therapist has a lot to say.'' line which was originally going to appear in Three's a Company in Trailer 2. They made the line for the mentioned mission but finally put it in ending C, I don't know why.

Actually, there was a cutscene in Trevor's trailer that was taken straight from ending C, not only a few lines.

Spoiler

Vanto
  • Vanto

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:19 AM Edited by Vanto, 01 January 2014 - 12:20 AM.

Actually, there was a cutscene in Trevor's trailer that was taken straight from ending C, not only a few lines.

Spoiler

Yes, you're right. I've just watched the trailer and I recognized it because of the train tracks. Anyway, the other two endings don't appear as artwork or in a trailer. But well, if the story DLC happens after the story, the canon ending will probably be C.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:38 AM

In my game there is only one ending - Trevor dies. Sorry, but the option is written into the story never to be changed. 

• Drunken Cowboy likes this

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:49 PM

Jesus what the hell is wrong with this people? All of the sudden it's wrong to kill a couple conformed by a crazy cheating bitch and an impotent man but its fine to kill a Clean Police Officer who has kids and is about to retire?

Your logic is dumb as f*ckING sh*t.

Since when do the cops in GTA V have lives outside of their jobs? They're randomly generated peds, not a significant character with a deep and sentimental story. Floyd had a story and that's why people thought it was a dick move to kill him. Also, he did play a significant role In the story. And even if he didn't, how does that justify him not having a backstory?
  • Official General and Drunken Cowboy like this

gtaxpert
  • gtaxpert

that's how I dooz it

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:54 PM

And we're supposed to sympathize with

Trevor?

No, we are not..

_FRANKENSTEIN_
  • _FRANKENSTEIN_

f*ck Google Ask Me!!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:11 PM

31372 letters. Are you OK?

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:56 PM

It's funny how a lot of people murder tons of innocent people during the game but have a problem with a Trevor being an unrepentant violent criminal. Do all the cops you murder during the game who are just doing their jobs deserve to die. Did the cops Niko murdered during Three Leaf Clover deserve to die and did the jurors Tommy Vercetti murdered in Vice City from the phone missions deserve to die? Of course not but it is a game and not real life. If anybody did in real life what we do in the game we would be serving life or waiting for the needle. 

When you think about it every GTA protagonist is pretty much a horrible person but the game is popular because it allows us to explore our dark side and Trevor is as dark and depraved as you can get.

• Officer Ronson likes this

nobum62
  • nobum62

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:17 PM

It's funny how a lot of people murder tons of innocent people during the game but have a problem with a Trevor being an unrepentant violent criminal. Do all the cops you murder during the game who are just doing their jobs deserve to die. Did the cops Niko murdered during Three Leaf Clover deserve to die and did the jurors Tommy Vercetti murdered in Vice City from the phone missions deserve to die? Of course not but it is a game and not real life. If anybody did in real life what we do in the game we would be serving life or waiting for the needle. 

When you think about it every GTA protagonist is pretty much a horrible person but the game is popular because it allows us to explore our dark side and Trevor is as dark and depraved as you can get.

this has been explained by Abyss already...

You're a dumbass.

Do you apply this logic to all video games?

When an important character dies in a war game, are you like

"Oh well it doesn't matter because 250 AI controller soldiers with randomly generated names died around me the entire campaign hurr durr."

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users