Quantcast

» «
Photo

The Identity Crisis: The Problems with V's story.

710 replies to this topic
Niobium
  • Niobium

PROFESSIONAL IV FANBOY & SH*TPOSTER

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:51 AM

I don't know why but Trevor became my favourite character on my third play through, I realised Micheal is a scumbag, He used Trevor and Franklin. I don't know why Trevor didn't kill Micheal but Micheal was very quick to try and kill Trevor. Micheal try to save his own skin when Franklin pushed him over that railing. Trevor is bad but Micheal is a coward and deserves to die

I still don't get this.

It's either Brad is dead, Michael goes to prison, abandons his family, and abandons Trevor.

Or, Brad is dead, Michael and his family go to Los Santos, and he abandons Trevor.

Either way, Trevor would have lost Michael. There is no real winning outcome for Trevor. However, since T is such a butthurt little baby, he wants to convince people otherwise.

he bullies others into getting what he wants because he is a baby

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:41 AM

The heist felt to scripted like Resident Evil 6 chapters&events.... The concept was awesome but IMO it should have been less scripted for some reason.

I loved GTA V, liked IV more. Not just story related but also because of the physics and all.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:50 AM Edited by Official General, 20 December 2013 - 12:37 PM.

The heist felt to scripted like Resident Evil 6 chapters&events.... The concept was awesome but IMO it should have been less scripted for some reason.

I loved GTA V, liked IV more. Not just story related but also because of the physics and all.

Another thing about that feature of GTA V, is there should have been mini heists available to do whenever the player wanted. Like jewelry stores or small banks like Fleece, that might need a small crew of gunmen. Or maybe even rob stash houses of drug dealers and gangs for drugs, money and guns. 

I would have loved doing this in free roam alone all day and night. 

• Mr. New Vegas likes this

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:56 PM

Those heists COULD NOT have been more black and white...

I was thinking "man, you can hire different crew members for different outcomes? How dynamic!"

For most heists, if you didn't go out of your way to find extra members, there were literally two to choose between: the cheap one that literally f*cked EVERYTHING up, and the more expensive one that did EVERYTHING right. They just make it PAINFULLY obvious, too. "Man, I'm glad we hired you! You might have had a steeper fee, but you are definitely helping us proficiently on this heist!" 

"Man, why did we hire you? So what if we saved some money? You can't do anything right!"

Especially in missions where the cheaper heister would just blatantly DIE instead of acquiring a smaller take.

Plus what other choice was there other than between heisting method? For heists like the jewelry store, the method you chose only influenced a minute or two of the heist.

But I digress. That's more of a gameplay issue on all the under-delivered, over-hyped bullsh*t in this game. This thread is mainly plot-focused. I haven't even BEGUN my complaints for GTA:O, which seem pretty universal. 

• Niobium likes this

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:10 AM Edited by Official General, 20 December 2013 - 12:59 PM.

Those heists COULD NOT have been more black and white...

I was thinking "man, you can hire different crew members for different outcomes? How dynamic!"

For most heists, if you didn't go out of your way to find extra members, there were literally two to choose between: the cheap one that literally f*cked EVERYTHING up, and the more expensive one that did EVERYTHING right. They just make it PAINFULLY obvious, too. "Man, I'm glad we hired you! You might have had a steeper fee, but you are definitely helping us proficiently on this heist!" 

"Man, why did we hire you? So what if we saved some money? You can't do anything right!"

Especially in missions where the cheaper heister would just blatantly DIE instead of acquiring a smaller take.

Plus what other choice was there other than between heisting method? For heists like the jewelry store, the method you chose only influenced a minute or two of the heist.

But I digress. That's more of a gameplay issue on all the under-delivered, over-hyped bullsh*t in this game. This thread is mainly plot-focused. I haven't even BEGUN my complaints for GTA:O, which seem pretty universal. 

All I can say about heists in GTA V is that they would have been much better if : 

* Half them did not involve the f**king cops and feds.

* There were much more of them in the story.

* We could steal other valuable stuff like drugs, arms and commercial cargoes. 

* We had much more of our own input into how they were carried out.

* There were mini heists we could do at any time with the option for armed back up. 

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:37 AM

You couldn't REALLY do ANY of them perfectly silently either.

"Hey, they must be bored doing a totally silent heist, let's throw a bunch of guys in there to make it fun for them!"

If I wanted that, I would have done the loud method, Rockstar, sh*t.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:43 AM

@DrunkenCowboy

The real plan was to land Brad in jail and kill Trevor, but Dave screwed it up and it went vice-versa.

@OfficialGeneral

We worked for cops too? Since when?

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:28 AM

@DrunkenCowboy

The real plan was to land Brad in jail and kill Trevor, but Dave screwed it up and it went vice-versa.

Well I missed that. Did they just gloss over that two seconds in phone call or something? And how did Trevor know?

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:24 PM Edited by Official General, 20 December 2013 - 12:25 PM.

@OfficialGeneral

We worked for cops too? Since when?

So it was the FIB alone ? Wasn't one of Michael's friends a high-ranking LSPD official ? The balding white guy with the cream-colored suit and beard ? I pretty sure he was, unless I've missed something. 

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:27 PM

@OfficialGeneral

You mean David? That guy is a Federal Agent.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:35 PM Edited by Official General, 20 December 2013 - 12:35 PM.

@OfficialGeneral

You mean David? That guy is a Federal Agent.

Ok well, you know what I mean anyway. Working for law enforcement (FIB). 

carmelo3
  • carmelo3

Prankster

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:57 PM Edited by carmelo3, 20 December 2013 - 01:00 PM.

You couldn't REALLY do ANY of them perfectly silently either.

"Hey, they must be bored doing a totally silent heist, let's throw a bunch of guys in there to make it fun for them!"

If I wanted that, I would have done the loud method, Rockstar, sh*t.

This is one of my main gripes with GTA games in general, whenever we've been given a mission where a stealth approach is utilised, the mission will always end in some huge gun fight with explosions etc.

I know its not a stealth game but why cant we just once be given the opportunity to stealth in and out without being detected

And with regards to heists being too scripted, I 100% agree. I also felt they were rushed as well.

Breaking The Bank At Caligulas is still the best GTA heist of all time IMO it wasnt rushed, wasnt scripted and you had to do a whole strand of fleshed out missions in preparation for it. That heist was was exactly how a GTA heist should be.

• Drunken Cowboy likes this

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:15 PM

Breaking The Bank At Caligulas...wasnt scripted...

I guess you haven't played it in a while.  It was definitely scripted.  There was no choice but to follow the instructions, and only one way to complete the mission, except if you miss the jump to the roof, in which case you have to drive to the airstrip instead of fly, with no mafia chasing you, which is strange considering you apparently stole a load of money from them.  Then again, that whole part of the game felt rushed to me.

NinjaWJ
  • NinjaWJ

Just trying to get by

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:54 AM

bump

Raavi
  • Raavi

Z

• European-Union
  • Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:02 AM

bump

Please do not bump threads unless you have something meaningful to add.

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:44 AM

I'm definitely not a huge San Andreas fan, but I liked Caligula's, same with "The Job" in Vice City and the famed "Three Leaf Clover" in IV. I kinda wish TLC didn't get such praise, since it had a huge hand in influencing GTA V as "sooper heist simyoolatur 2013"

Hell, I even liked the Jewelry Store robbery in V, to a lesser extent.

They all had a lot of fun and meaningful prep missions. They were quick missions that weren't meant to be some ground-breaking finale mission that V's later heists would be. The fact that Caligulas was a more elaborate, organic, and enjoyable heist than something like the f*cking God-awful Union Depository is pretty embarrassing, since V's focus is "THIS GAME IS ALL 'BOUT DEM HEISTS, GUIS", as well as the UD being "THE BIG ONE!"

• Niobium likes this

Niobium
  • Niobium

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:54 PM Edited by nobum62, 31 December 2013 - 03:21 PM.

this is just me being anti-trevor again lol.

however, I'll never understand why everyone loves trevor or labels him best game character of the year. he's funny and voiced by a good actor, those are the only good things about him.

trevor is just some dirty hillbilly loudmouth who just kills/hurts people for no reason.

"fuk u mikul u betrai me fukc yoo michul u betray mee fuk u mikul u betrey me. owait hold on a minute, let me kill johnny, rape floyd and kill him, kill half of the O'Neals, and punch a triad boss's mentally challenged son oh yea where were we, oh yea fuk u mickul u betrai me fuk u mickul u betreigh me"

self-righteous piece of sh*t. I can't understand why everyone is saying trevor has morals.

johnny destroys trevor when it comes to personality. first of all he's not a self-righteous douchebag, and second of all he was really smart to make an alliance with the AoD which would be hard. he had a sense of humour even when his life was going to sh*t. in the past we had two mafia guys, a gangbanger, an immigrant hitman and a soldier or something (I dunno much about vic vance lol). but this biker role was never used. so I think johnny used this biker role really well. he didn't have stereotypes, and was not only a badass, he was like john marston except he rode bikes instead of horses.

f*ck trevor. I mean, I didn't like Franklin because his character is pretty bland, but at least I cared about him and didn't want him to get killed or screwed over. but with trevor, I thought he was so evil I chose option A to kill him, which is bad because i'm supposed to side with the protagonist, not be against him or hate him. that hatred is supposed to be reserved for the antagonist, Douchebag Weston, but he was introduced too late in the story to develop his character and make him a good antagonist, so I didn't really hate him enough. maybe he can even be as good of an antagonist as officer tempeny, dimitri rascalov or billy grey.

the speech Michael gave about Trevor in option A was correct. "No boundaries, no sense of when to back off, no nothing!"
  • Biohazard Abyss likes this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:26 PM

@Nobum62

Well that's just you.

He never raped Floyd just tormented him and he killed him because he and his girlfriend were threatening him plus the fact he recently had to leave Ms. Madrazo

He killed Johhny because he just found out his best friend whom he mourned over for 10 years was alive, taking sh*t from a washed up biker was the last thing he needed.

Tao wasn't mentally challanged nor anything of that, he was high on meth so thats why he acted like that. You don't call a deaf kid stuff because he talks funny.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:55 PM

OP is brilliant when it came to the explanations of the 3 protagonists.  He hit the nail right on the head with Michael, which is why he's my favorite protagonist, and my THIRD favorite protagonist in all of GTAs.

Franklin is whatever to me, because while he has a really cliche story, his personality is really like-able and how he feels like the moderator when it comes to the relationship between Michael and Trevor.  

Trevor is one of the most overhyped video game characters in history.  He serves absolutely no purpose other than the whole thing where Michael is trying to keep him in the dark about Brad.  Actually, about 75% through the story, I started to get REALLY annoyed by all his whining and bitching, constantly pestering Michael about how he lied to him.  He sounded like a whiny 4-year old.  Only reason he is loved is because of his outrageous behavior and humor that usually comes with no justification, like when he killed Wade's brother and his fiance.

• Niobium likes this

Niobium
  • Niobium

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:00 PM

@Nobum62

Well that's just you.

He never raped Floyd just tormented him and he killed him because he and his girlfriend were threatening him plus the fact he recently had to leave Ms. Madrazo

He killed Johhny because he just found out his best friend whom he mourned over for 10 years was alive, taking sh*t from a washed up biker was the last thing he needed.

Tao wasn't mentally challanged nor anything of that, he was high on meth so thats why he acted like that. You don't call a deaf kid stuff because he talks funny.

they didn't show Trevor raping floyd, but it was heavily implied. sometimes when you switch to trevor you'll see him in the bed with floyd with trevor hugging hugging him, facing Floyd's back. then trevor slaps Floyd's ass and says "i'll be back soon". then when you leave the apartment, Floyd says things like "why, god why!"

also killing floyd was unjust. yes floyd had a knife, but Trevor knew he was harmless, otherwise trevor would have never tormented him.

taking sh*t from a biker, are you joking? the worst thing johnny said was "f*ck you" and trevor starting crying like a baby and killing him. yes he just heard that michael is alive but that's not a good enough excuse to kill johnny for saying "f*ck you".

also, i'm no doctor but tao must have been so high, the drugs must have damaged his brain making him mentally challenged i dunno. mentally challenged or not, punching him was wrong
  • Biohazard Abyss likes this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:03 PM

Trevor basically ruined Floyd's life and then killed him and his fiance.  He's a complete dick.  This can't even be argued.

• Official General, Drunken Cowboy and HerFavColor like this

Niobium
  • Niobium

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:26 PM

I think debra cheated on Floyd with bob. debra said "bob's right, you're not a man". I dunno, it's kind of implied

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:51 PM Edited by Official General, 31 December 2013 - 05:54 PM.

Trevor basically ruined Floyd's life and then killed him and his fiance.  He's a complete dick.  This can't even be argued.

THIS   :^:

Among other reasons, this is one big reason why I really hated Trevor. After that incident, I just despised even more. I'm so grateful to Rockstar that we had the chance to kill him though. Trevor's death was the best part of the storyline. 

My thumbs were stingin' real hard weaving in and out of traffic and speeding, during the Franklin/TRevor car chase part at the end, I was so determined to get him on the first attempt (and I did too). 

@ nobum 

also killing floyd was unjust. yes floyd had a knife, but Trevor knew he was harmless, otherwise trevor would have never tormented him.

This too  :^:

It was funny to see the tables turned, when Trevor instantly turned pussy ran like a b*tch from a real 'badass' like Franklin whom he knew would unfailingly kill him, despite their newly acquired friendship. 

greenrock
  • greenrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:59 PM

THIS   :^:

Among other reasons, this is one big reason why I really hated Trevor. After that incident, I just despised even more. I'm so grateful to Rockstar that we had the chance to kill him though. Trevor's death was the best part of the storyline. 

My thumbs were stingin' real hard weaving in and out of traffic and speeding, during the Franklin/TRevor car chase part at the end, I was so determined to get him on the first attempt (and I did too). 

@ nobum 

This too  :^:

It was funny to see the tables turned, when Trevor instantly turned pussy ran like a b*tch from a real 'badass' like Franklin whom he knew would unfailingly kill him, despite their newly acquired friendship. 

lol a and b endings arn't canon... lol.......franklin got punked by michael when he was repoing the car like a little bit*h

"but man its just a repo job" like a baby

i find it funny that people were against trevor killing floyd and debra, when you go on murder sprees throughout the whole game

but i guess since it was a cutscene it was different, hypocrites

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:03 PM

i find it funny that people were against trevor killing floyd and debra, when you go on murder sprees throughout the whole game

Dumbest sh*t I've heard in a while.

According to your logic, any character death is meaningless.

So Hilary's death in Vice City means as much as all those random Cubans dying who don't even have names during the war with the Haitians at the drug factory?

youre-a-dumbass.jpg

• Drunken Cowboy and Niobium like this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:09 PM

To be honest we knew a f*ck about Hilary, all he did was f*ck it up and try do something and he died.

greenrock
  • greenrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:10 PM

Dumbest sh*t I've heard in a while.

According to your logic, any character death is meaningless.

So Hilary's death in Vice City means as much as all those random Cubans dying who don't even have names during the war with the Haitians at the drug factory?

youre-a-dumbass.jpg

it is kind of fu*king dumb.....i go on a rampage with trevor, but somehow a cutscene murder is different

your sir are a ludnarrative dissodance dumbass

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:11 PM Edited by Biohazard Abyss, 31 December 2013 - 06:11 PM.

That's not the point.

Greenrock is obviously 12 and has the logic of a 5 year-old.

greenrock
  • greenrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:12 PM

That's not the point.

Greenrock is obviously 12 and has the logic of a 5 year-old.

yeah i get the point dumbass....its called "ludonarrative dissodance" its always been a criticism of GTA..

that you go on a rampage with a character, but a character dies in a cutscene or an important mission and its suppose to mean something....

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:14 PM

Jesus what the hell is wrong with this people? All of the sudden it's wrong to kill a couple conformed by a crazy cheating bitch and an impotent man but its fine to kill a Clean Police Officer who has kids and is about to retire?

Your logic is dumb as f*ckING sh*t.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users