Photo

I hate the physics

30 replies to this topic
Mukaparska
  • Mukaparska

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:07 PM

Well, I don't hate them, but I dislike how this game doesn't utilize those physics like it was in GTA IV. You can't have big crashes, because if your car lands on its roof, it explodes. You can't easily crush cars like in GTA IV, they barely have dents anymore (though doors and things actually break apart, but that doesn't look as awesome) if you crash to something. You can't crash your bike and see your guy fly awesomely, you now fly like 6m and in higher speed, your guy basically gets a heart attack and dies while still airborne. Same is when crashing through the windshield. With helicopters and planes, I was eagerly waiting if you could do the same as in GTA IV (flying low with a heli, jump out and watch your guy bounce hundreds of meters on ground) with planes, but now you just fall and die there.

• sly1286, UltraGizmo64, theGTAking101 and 1 other like this

casper13
  • casper13

Cas

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:09 PM

I like the physics more in V than in IV. It's fun to drive around and doesn't feel like you're driving constantly in jelly with your slow car. And tbh, I don't even care much of the damage physics anymore.

Choctaw
  • Choctaw

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:33 PM

Well, I don't hate them, but I dislike how this game doesn't utilize those physics like it was in GTA IV. You can't have big crashes, because if your car lands on its roof, it explodes. You can't easily crush cars like in GTA IV, they barely have dents anymore (though doors and things actually break apart, but that doesn't look as awesome) if you crash to something. You can't crash your bike and see your guy fly awesomely, you now fly like 6m and in higher speed, your guy basically gets a heart attack and dies while still airborne. Same is when crashing through the windshield. With helicopters and planes, I was eagerly waiting if you could do the same as in GTA IV (flying low with a heli, jump out and watch your guy bounce hundreds of meters on ground) with planes, but now you just fall and die there.

We don't care.....

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:34 PM

I hate prawn cocktail crisps. Is there a forum I can complain on?

• KaKaja likes this

trickeh2k
  • trickeh2k

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:35 PM

I like the physics... for the most parts. I don't like how cars sometimes react to debris, like a carboard that will send your car flying. Even if you're running it over with a two tonnes car traveling at 160km/h or more. Or the fact that you can ram a light post if you're close to the ground with minimum penalty, but if you hit it mid-air, it's like your car lost all weight.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

We're born with nothing and we die alone

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:38 PM

We don't care.....

Then why did you reply?

• Faye, theGTAking101, RPhilMan1 and 1 other like this

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:42 PM

your guy dies like that....your guys feels like that....your guy crashes like that....your guy gets heart attack....your guy just bounces off....!!!

OP our guy has no problems with physics, you leave your guy alone

Mukaparska
  • Mukaparska

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:52 PM

I like the physics more in V than in IV. It's fun to drive around and doesn't feel like you're driving constantly in jelly with your slow car. And tbh, I don't even care much of the damage physics anymore.

I like driving physics too, but now my point was more in collision and character physics. It made me not to play this game for a month when I had enough after I went to mount chilliad, drove down with a bike and purposely crashed to see the awesome ragdolls, and he didn't even hit the ground before I respawned. That was just too much. I started playing again today though.

Hooves07
  • Hooves07

Street Cat

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:53 PM

I have never had my car explode from landing on the roof. But as far as dents go, I have taken a baseball bat to the front end of a drivers vehicle and it looked dented. Also did it to the side panels and those dented pretty well. Armor may be an issue so just don't add it.

Mukaparska
  • Mukaparska

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:02 PM

I have never had my car explode from landing on the roof. But as far as dents go, I have taken a baseball bat to the front end of a drivers vehicle and it looked dented. Also did it to the side panels and those dented pretty well. Armor may be an issue so just don't add it.

Yeah, with a baseball bat you can break a car, but if you crash it on 130kmh, it gets the same damage. And I haven't even played so far I could add any armor,

user14
  • user14

Prankster

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:14 PM

Gta 4 physics were much better
  • theGTAking101 likes this

RolfStarGames
  • RolfStarGames

Hustler

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:48 PM

The noobs can't understand this. Don't waste your time. ;)

RPhilMan1
  • RPhilMan1

Now or Never

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:03 PM

I also hate the physics, OP.  GTAIV had it perfectly down.

Buford T Justice
  • Buford T Justice

Is that so?

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:08 PM

There is definitely something wrong with the way cars react with each other, damage visuals aside.
Try and push a small vehicle with a large vehicle and you will immediately see the problem.

For some reason A Patriot or other large SUV cannot move a small car like the Futo without traveling at ramming speeds. There is no reason my large 4wd SUV can't push a smaller lighter vehicle out of the way from a dead stop. This is really annoying when in situations like police chases. First off, I'm in a large SUV so it's already slower and doesn't handle as well as police cars and now I can't use my power and size (unless I'm going light speed) to force my way through traffic either??

I can be going 70 mph and T-bone a Sultan in my Patriot and it will bring my truck to a complete halt in like 10 feet. Then I can't push my way through the Sultan or other cars around me so I have to reverse and go around, and in the time it takes to do all that the cops have caught up and are putting 3589 highly accurate pistol rounds right in my face.

You can see goofyness when you try side swiping a car on the interstate or something too. The vehicles bounce off each other in an odd unnatural way, it's like the transfer of momentum and tire grip is wacky.

Also, look at how magically fast on road cars are off road. A super car can climb up a mountain much faster than any vehicle in the game that is designed for off roading. All they have to do is reduce the top speed and grip of on road cars when they are taken off road. You can always customize your road car to be better off road, it shouldn't come from the factory amazing at off roading. That makes customizing tires and such purely cosmetic, why not actually give people a performance reason to customize things like that.

• Graven and Mukaparska like this

GTAVMNKYIII
  • GTAVMNKYIII

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:11 PM

I hate prawn cocktail crisps. Is there a forum I can complain on?

I'm with you bro

http://www.walkers.co.uk/contact-us

f'in prawn cocktail crisps, yuk.
  • Mukaparska likes this

Vagos MC
  • Vagos MC

Playa

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:42 PM

I agree with you. The GTA V car physics suck. There is no reality. The car physics in IV were perfect. In V, I don't even the see point in using the brakes. Even if you do brake in a race, the other races will over-lap you.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:52 PM

I hate these boring ass physics too but there ain't much I can do about it. Driving requires no skill and sends off no good feedbacks, cars explode like they're propane tanks from things that would only total the car, get hit by a car going 5 mph and you'll be thrown around at nearly 20, it- I just don't think they're an improvement. In some ways yes, in most ways no. I want to say more but I'm 'fraid most of the people in this thread will bash me. But then again its not like what you all say matters, you're just sad 20 yo's or biased 15yo's anyways.

FromBrnoCity
  • FromBrnoCity

Don't call me guy, I have no peenus.I have nice new tits btw

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:08 PM

We don't care.....

Then why did you reply?

Because he must.

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:23 PM

I do agree a bit, though pressing a button to ragdoll at will never gets old.

FANTOMTRON
  • FANTOMTRON

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:13 PM

I hate these boring ass physics too but there ain't much I can do about it. Driving requires no skill and sends off no good feedbacks, cars explode like they're propane tanks from things that would only total the car, get hit by a car going 5 mph and you'll be thrown around at nearly 20, it- I just don't think they're an improvement. In some ways yes, in most ways no. I want to say more but I'm 'fraid most of the people in this thread will bash me. But then again its not like what you all say matters, you're just sad 20 yo's or biased 15yo's anyways.

Say what's on your mind. I agree with you 100%

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:45 PM

Yeah, I hate them too. GTA V feels more like Saints Row 2 in terms of physics.

Mukaparska
  • Mukaparska

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:46 PM

There is definitely something wrong with the way cars react with each other, damage visuals aside.
Try and push a small vehicle with a large vehicle and you will immediately see the problem.

For some reason A Patriot or other large SUV cannot move a small car like the Futo without traveling at ramming speeds. There is no reason my large 4wd SUV can't push a smaller lighter vehicle out of the way from a dead stop. This is really annoying when in situations like police chases. First off, I'm in a large SUV so it's already slower and doesn't handle as well as police cars and now I can't use my power and size (unless I'm going light speed) to force my way through traffic either??

I can be going 70 mph and T-bone a Sultan in my Patriot and it will bring my truck to a complete halt in like 10 feet. Then I can't push my way through the Sultan or other cars around me so I have to reverse and go around, and in the time it takes to do all that the cops have caught up and are putting 3589 highly accurate pistol rounds right in my face.

You can see goofyness when you try side swiping a car on the interstate or something too. The vehicles bounce off each other in an odd unnatural way, it's like the transfer of momentum and tire grip is wacky.

Also, look at how magically fast on road cars are off road. A super car can climb up a mountain much faster than any vehicle in the game that is designed for off roading. All they have to do is reduce the top speed and grip of on road cars when they are taken off road. You can always customize your road car to be better off road, it shouldn't come from the factory amazing at off roading. That makes customizing tires and such purely cosmetic, why not actually give people a performance reason to customize things like that.

I haven't even noticed that mass thing before, but goddamnit it's true. Small sports car is actually better against traffic than a big truck because it can go underneath some cars :D First I thought it's good cars have some mass now, so you can't just push million cars in front of you, but goddamnit, all cars weigh the same, no matter what size. Or then it's just because there's ridiculous amount of grip in cars, so they don't just move. 

Also I have noticed that offroad thing. It's pretty funny the faster your car is, the better it is on bad terrain. Cars have way too much grip. Have you noticed how the bikes (those couple you see once in a year) handle? They are like from a 2001 cheap motorcycle game. In GTA IV they were tons better. 

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:50 PM

It´s a shame because with the customization and the new vehicles, decent physics would have made this game really a good racer.

But when you see the choices they made for physics, how slipstream works, and that stupid turbo start, you can see they don´t give a f*ck about good racing.

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:16 AM

Driving aside I think the player physics are kind of f*cked up. Why do their heads feel like they're being held down by a 300 lbs weight whenever they land from a high point?

It was funny the first time off the pier I done it with Michael as he landed on his face, but it gets annoying when it does it the majority of the time.

Raiden雷電
  • Raiden雷電

I Am Lightning, The Rain Transformed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:20 AM

• Alchemist likes this

1-800-ZOM-BIES
  • 1-800-ZOM-BIES

Zombie services with the simple call of a toll free number!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:22 AM

I thought after the first patch to singleplayer back in september tuned the car driving but also increased the car damage as well. I saw it as a huge problem before the first patch, but not so much now.

aaronimpact
  • aaronimpact

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:23 PM

The only thing I don't like about the physics in GTA V, wheels get damaged quicker than the body of a vehicle.

• Buford T Justice likes this

theGTAking101
  • theGTAking101

"Get out of my sight, or I'll kill you."

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:46 AM

I loved taking a Patriot in GTA IV and just crushing cars with it, can't do it in V.

I loved walking into people and having them actually move instead of them acting like a brick.

I loved diving out of a car on the highway watching Niko/Johnny/Luis fly across the pavement only losing 20% of their health.

The physics in IV were almost perfect, I could actually have fun with them.

• UltraGizmo64 likes this

theGTAking101
  • theGTAking101

"Get out of my sight, or I'll kill you."

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:48 AM

I'd hate to see the physics in GTA VI.

Buford T Justice
  • Buford T Justice

Is that so?

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:27 PM Edited by Buford T Justice, 08 November 2013 - 06:31 PM.

I haven't even noticed that mass thing before, but goddamnit it's true. Small sports car is actually better against traffic than a big truck because it can go underneath some cars :D First I thought it's good cars have some mass now, so you can't just push million cars in front of you, but goddamnit, all cars weigh the same, no matter what size. Or then it's just because there's ridiculous amount of grip in cars, so they don't just move. 

Also I have noticed that offroad thing. It's pretty funny the faster your car is, the better it is on bad terrain. Cars have way too much grip. Have you noticed how the bikes (those couple you see once in a year) handle? They are like from a 2001 cheap motorcycle game. In GTA IV they were tons better. 

I feel like a lot of people haven't noticed, I cant imagine people being happy about it. It does nothing but make the game more repetitive and less dynamic.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users