Photo

Rockstar really needs to release a DLC involving the different Gangs

29 replies to this topic
Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Hustler

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:04 PM Edited by gtarules_95, 06 November 2013 - 05:06 PM.

Missions involving the Cartel for Michael (and please make them look more threatening), Missions involving The Families & Ballas for Franklin (Gang Wars ) and Missions involving Rednecks or the Angels of Death(no more overkill of the lost please, maybe we can include selling meth) for Trevor

I think this would be great because there is little gang presence in the SP and because of that the City does not feel like the real Los Angeles with the various criminal organisations

it feels too fake and shiny as someone said in a different thread  We just meet douchbags from the FIB, rich assholes like Devin Weston, some private military group ( Merryweather) and some Filmmaker (forgot the name)

What do you think?

• pilscy and Ramyhyday like this

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Hustler

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:13 PM

bump

• pilscy likes this

clevertrev
  • clevertrev

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:22 PM

I think you missed the boat on this one. think you will find that all the DLC will be for online only. the single player story is finished. end of. I could be wrong but from what I have seen so far there has been no mention of single player DLC.

besides,Cartel's & gang wars have been done before in previous games so I don't think R* would want to just rehash old stuff into a new game.

17th
  • 17th

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:30 PM

I agree with you, but as we know they don't care about fans, so don't make any hopes

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Hustler

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:50 PM

I think you missed the boat on this one. think you will find that all the DLC will be for online only. the single player story is finished. end of. I could be wrong but from what I have seen so far there has been no mention of single player DLC.

besides,Cartel's & gang wars have been done before in previous games so I don't think R* would want to just rehash old stuff into a new game.

so in previous GTA's we had to work with goverment agencies before so its just a rehash in GTA V ?

stuff has always been "rehashed" in GTA just with new graphics and better gameplay that doesnt make it bad

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Hustler

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:11 PM

bump

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:02 PM

You can bump this post all you want, it won't make Franklin change his mind and leave his mansion and millions of dollars to go back to the ghetto and risk his life shooting other people just because their shirt is of different color.

• DaRkL3AD3R likes this

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:38 PM

You can bump this post all you want, it won't make Franklin change his mind and leave his mansion and millions of dollars to go back to the ghetto and risk his life shooting other people just because their shirt is of different color.

But he will go on rampages killing hundreds of peds and cops and rob convenient stores.

Makes sense.
  • pilscy likes this

Kifflom!
  • Kifflom!

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:39 PM

Vagos is said to have alot of connection with major mafias so idk

Vagos MC
  • Vagos MC

Playa

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:47 PM

I agree with you, but as we know they don't care about fans, so don't make any hopes

You are so selfish. Rockstar have just spent over $260 million dollars developing GTA V. Man, get some respect.

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:08 PM

But he will go on rampages killing hundreds of peds and cops and rob convenient stores.

Makes sense.

No, YOU will go on those rampages by controlling him, just like you can go to that precious Grove Street and kill as many purple wearing black guys as you want.

The story though, what is official for the character, won't make you go on a rampage or fight for Grove Street. There's a difference between actual story and player's freedom.

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:44 PM

I wish I could like this post more than 5 dozen times. It's just too logical to be a post on GTA forums.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:48 PM

We need a story DLC based in North Yankton before V's story.

17th
  • 17th

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:01 PM Edited by 17th, 06 November 2013 - 10:03 PM.

You are so selfish. Rockstar have just spent over $260 million dollars developing GTA V. Man, get some respect.

No, they lied to us many times. They care about money, just look: they already confirmed that all DLCs will be like one new weapon and 3 new cars. And this is respect for customer? All that weapons and cars should be form 17th September. But no, "Let's make sh*tload of small DLCs and make more cash!!" ~ Houser brothers

EDIT: And I think that 60 millions was for marketing, 100 millions for online, and the rest is 100 millions. They spent 100 millions for IV, 5 years ago.

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:03 PM

We need a DLC involving, Vagos Mexican guy who lives in East L.S. with his family (mom dad brother sister) then some of his gangbangin' friends get into the drug business with the cartels, exporting guns to mexico and importing drugs, while trying to fight territory with the mara's, then their gang gets more heavily involved in the drug business that they go into meth business, that's when the character meets the other protagonist a biker from AOD...

• pilscy likes this

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:09 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 06 November 2013 - 10:10 PM.

No, they lied to us many times. They care about money, just look: they already confirmed that all DLCs will be like one new weapon and 3 new cars. And this is respect for customer? All that weapons and cars should be form 17th September. But no, "Let's make sh*tload of small DLCs and make more cash!!" ~ Houser brothers

EDIT: And I think that 60 millions was for marketing, 100 millions for online, and the rest is 100 millions. They spent 100 millions for IV, 5 years ago.

They didn't say that. Stop talking out of your ass. All they said was they are going to make small DLC's because big DLC's take too much time and developing money. But considering how much they've made, I bet you they are probably thinking about developing a big DLC right now. This is the stooped level of humanity. And we are getting the beach bum pack and the heists DLC for free, if you can't appreciate that, don't even bother playing Rockstar's games. At all.

17th
  • 17th

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:29 PM

Small DLC's = DLC's like one weapon and three new cars. And considering how much they made from GTA V they can create Episodes From Los Santos but they won't do this. Why? 

progamer1258
  • progamer1258

Player Hater

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:39 PM

Rockstar should add lowriders with hydraulics

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:41 PM

Makes sense.

No, YOU will go on those rampages by controlling him, just like you can go to that precious Grove Street and kill as many purple wearing black guys as you want.

The story though, what is official for the character, won't make you go on a rampage or fight for Grove Street. There's a difference between actual story and player's freedom.

That's the point...player freedom in a SANDBOX/OPEN WORLD GAME...which this game lacks as far as features go when compared with previous R* open world games.

R* could easily make gangs fit the current narrative.
  • 17th and Hooves07 like this

Hussle
  • Hussle

Trick

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:44 PM

gangs aint even about color no more.. its all historical.. revenge kills too.. a never ending cycle of killing

• Grand Theft Savage likes this

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Hustler

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:15 PM

They didn't say that. Stop talking out of your ass. All they said was they are going to make small DLC's because big DLC's take too much time and developing money. But considering how much they've made, I bet you they are probably thinking about developing a big DLC right now. This is the stooped level of humanity. And we are getting the beach bum pack and the heists DLC for free, if you can't appreciate that, don't even bother playing Rockstar's games. At all.

I hope you are right man I would love to see a big story dlc

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:18 PM

We need a DLC involving, Vagos Mexican guy who lives in East L.S. with his family (mom dad brother sister) then some of his gangbangin' friends get into the drug business with the cartels, exporting guns to mexico and importing drugs, while trying to fight territory with the mara's, then their gang gets more heavily involved in the drug business that they go into meth business, that's when the character meets the other protagonist a biker from AOD...

I like this. I don't like much the biker thing, but I would love a mexican gangbanger as a protag.

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Hustler

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:26 PM

sh*t I thought more people wanted missions involving real gangs (like the Cartel or the Families) not always the goverment

oCrapaCreeper
  • oCrapaCreeper

Thug

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:33 PM

sh*t I thought more people wanted missions involving real gangs (like the Cartel or the Families) not always the goverment

If you were expecting Franklin's story to be a copy and paste of San Andreas, you were expecting too much.

Hooves07
  • Hooves07

Prankster

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:36 PM

Makes sense.

Well if you want to see it work from a story perspective...Lamar is Franklins boy for life. Franlin saved Lamar, yes. But Lamar risked his life rolling with Franlin and crew against Merryweather. So If Lamar were to send a text (prevent R* from spending too much on voice actors) asking for help Franklin would help...as a matter of fact so would Trevor.

• bish0p2004 likes this

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Hustler

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:36 PM

If you were expecting Franklin's story to be a copy and paste of San Andreas, you were expecting too much.

I was not expecting that but still it could fit his story perfectly if he did help his childhood friends sometimes and not just chill alone in his big house

Hooves07
  • Hooves07

Prankster

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:40 PM

Makes sense.

Jesus...that's the most retarded logic ever. Did you get a migraine while thinking that up?

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:28 PM Edited by Official General, 07 November 2013 - 05:28 PM.

@ gtarules_95

Yep, I definitely agree. we need a decent, single-player gang dlc. Los Santos looks very well made, but it just feels a little empty from a criminal perspective compared to previous GTA locations, because gangs and organized crime groups were not a significant part of the story or the side missions (what little of them that were in the game). That FIB/corrupt cop/Merryweather part of the GTA V main storyline just turned into one great big bore by the second half of the game for me, being their lapdogs and doing missions for them got so annoying, it all just felt like some cheap and corny Hollywood B-action movie. Instead, I was yearning for more gang action after doing the first Franklin missions involving the Vagos and the Ballas, not that bullsh*t. In the end, I really did not care or give a f**k about the bad cops/feds/agents part of story anymore, I just wanted to get their missions over and done with to advance to other, more interesting parts of the storyline.

@ Mr Goldcard

I totally agree. I had always wanted this from the start. I always stated that a Hispanic protagonist that has dealings and connections to Chicano gangs and Mexican drug cartels would have been f**king explosive and exciting. I was consistently saying that GTA V should have had a Hispanic protagonist once it was revealed to be in set in Los Santos. 

@ Dope 

Going by what you're saying, once Franklin finally gets his mansion in the hills and a life of luxury, the rest of the gameplay in his story might as well be played as a version of The Sims. Yeah sure, we should forget about traditional GTA stuff like drug-dealing/trafficking, gang wars/assaults, gang recruitment, drive-bys, and all the rest of it, and let's just be happy playing a simulator activity as Franklin wandering around in his luxury pad, all alone by himself and living the nice easy life of luxury, well away from the ghetto streets. Very exciting indeed  :sarcasm:

And the purpose of this thread is not to change anything or anyone's mind, it's to discuss and debate feelings and views on the game. People like to get things off their chest and share it with others, not post things on here hoping to create miracles, okay bro ??

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:02 PM

Makes sense.

Well if you want to see it work from a story perspective...Lamar is Franklins boy for life. Franlin saved Lamar, yes. But Lamar risked his life rolling with Franlin and crew against Merryweather. So If Lamar were to send a text (prevent R* from spending too much on voice actors) asking for help Franklin would help...as a matter of fact so would Trevor.

Exactly.  It's the same idea with Luis from TBoGT.  Even though he was not apart of the gang scene, he still helped his friends out with drug wars and there was dialog of him saying, "I don't know why I keep helping you guys out."  Again, this could easily fit the narrative of V.  It would have been nice to have an option to do this kind of stuff in an open world game.

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:11 PM

@ Dope 

Going by what you're saying, once Franklin finally gets his mansion in the hills and a life of luxury, the rest of the gameplay in his story might as well be played as a version of The Sims. Yeah sure, we should forget about traditional GTA stuff like drug-dealing/trafficking, gang wars/assaults, gang recruitment, drive-bys, and all the rest of it, and let's just be happy playing a simulator activity as Franklin wandering around in his luxury pad, all alone by himself and living the nice easy life of luxury, well away from the ghetto streets. Very exciting indeed  :sarcasm:

And the purpose of this thread is not to change anything or anyone's mind, it's to discuss and debate feelings and views on the game. People like to get things off their chest and share it with others, not post things on here hoping to create miracles, okay bro ??

That is why the story itself stops at one point. GTA is a game that has two parts, Story - official events that happen to characters and upon which the rest of characters will react and Sandbox - everything outside of story, which is not official and is meant for us to have fun any way we want.

For Franklin, regardless of the ending you choose, the story ends with him living in a mansion full of money. That's it, story over.

But since there is Sandbox part of the game, the game never ends and you can do whatever you like.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users