Photo

Why the R* stimulus payout is not given to everyone...yet

8 replies to this topic
bniStriker
  • bniStriker

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:57 PM

If anyone here is use to any type of Database work should know this.

Simple Answer: If R* is going to hand out a payment to everyone in the met criteria that would involve updating a tradmendous amount of rows across several tables in several databases. If they were to write an update statement into SQL that would effect a few million people (being conservative on the number), this would cause major row locks on records. Locking too many rows at once in a system with many transactions can cause an application to hang.Thus they will need to spread it out over groups. 

• singemfrc, RajunCajun88, geckits4301 and 2 others like this

geckits4301
  • geckits4301

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:02 PM

What's this I detect????  Someone that approaches this topic with logic?  Are you also one that defends the growing pains that the online gameplay has experienced because you have knowledge of how systems and networks operate when under heavy stress?

Hat's off to you sir!  I appreciate someone with a post like this much more so than someone talking out of their @ss that has know understanding of coding/networks/database

Good post.

• singemfrc and Supashroomz like this

SlingShotUK
  • SlingShotUK

GTA Collector and fan since 2001

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:04 PM

I'd hate to be that SQL engineer ;)

bniStriker
  • bniStriker

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:13 PM

What's this I detect????  Someone that approaches this topic with logic?  Are you also one that defends the growing pains that the online gameplay has experienced because you have knowledge of how systems and networks operate when under heavy stress?

Hat's off to you sir!  I appreciate someone with a post like this much more so than someone talking out of their @ss that has know understanding of coding/networks/database

Good post.

Thank you sir. Just tired of reading about some getting the payout and everyone else being like BULL or why haven't I received mine?

jdice1980
  • jdice1980

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:26 PM

Good post.

This

WhutsAGamertag
  • WhutsAGamertag

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:27 PM

do you really think they actually check who played in october? it is just like "you get a free elegy with pre-orders" everyone got a free Elegy and everyone will get the money!

GTAfattyjuice
  • GTAfattyjuice

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:37 PM

Good post.

Hypertion
  • Hypertion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:40 PM

ya its not something they can do overnight... not without flatout shutting down service for a period... and we all know how well that would go....

singemfrc
  • singemfrc

Trick

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:01 PM

Good post.

Agreed, I fully expected the usual title claiming official news and then total speculation or outright bullsh*t, refreshing to see an educated post for once.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users