Photo

Rockstar thought too much about online

54 replies to this topic
Mukaparska
  • Mukaparska

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:37 PM

Imagine how much better the singleplayer could've been if RS wouldn't have wasted so much effort on multiplayer. 

• FANTOMTRON, AlexL and Gescecreni69 like this

IceHot100
  • IceHot100

Out of Order

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:39 PM

ok

JoeyDeacan
  • JoeyDeacan

Donkey Rapist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:39 PM

Imagine a room with no doors

• DeafMetal, Danielpls, Buford T Justice and 1 other like this

fish61324
  • fish61324

Homie

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:39 PM Edited by fish61324, 06 November 2013 - 04:40 PM.

And vice versa. Most people out there are all about online gaming now (not me, I prefer SP). But if R* focused more on SP, than MP would be as bad at SP is right now, and more people would be complaining about that. 

So in R*'s eyes, they made the right move.... even though the core of older gamers are upset about the amount of content left out of SP.

pokemon4ever
  • pokemon4ever

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:41 PM

Imagine a door with no room

• KaKaja, Danielpls and Xerukal like this

gtarules_95
  • gtarules_95

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:43 PM

I agree I hate their new direction man GTA V would have been sooo

great if they didnt waste resources on sh*tty online

these greedy f*cks

JoeyDeacan
  • JoeyDeacan

Donkey Rapist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:47 PM

You may say im a dreamer

Mukaparska
  • Mukaparska

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:48 PM

And vice versa. Most people out there are all about online gaming now (not me, I prefer SP). But if R* focused more on SP, than MP would be as bad at SP is right now, and more people would be complaining about that. 

So in R*'s eyes, they made the right move.... even though the core of older gamers are upset about the amount of content left out of SP.

GTAs are supposed to be single-player games, multiplayer should be just a bonus. Like in GTA IV. 

kvic
  • kvic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:48 PM Edited by kvic, 06 November 2013 - 04:50 PM.

Imagine how much better the singleplayer could've been if RS wouldn't have wasted so much effort on multiplayer. 

I'm with you on that ,but they can't make money from sp ,and where would you buy all those wonderful exciting clothes from? :lol: My poor Niko is still in the same clothes he came to Liberty city with.

• creed200569 likes this

nuer
  • nuer

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:50 PM

Sounds like you were actually watching them develop this game.

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:51 PM

The rise in number of people going online is rapidly growing.
Single-Player has the biggest problem of Cost effective budgets that multiplayer easily overshadows.
Its a complicated and requires detailed understanding of the changing equation which internet has plenty to offer and enlighten.
Just remember, GTA in future will never be like GTA of the past.

Mukaparska
  • Mukaparska

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:09 PM

Single-Player has the biggest problem of Cost effective budgets that multiplayer easily overshadows.
Its a complicated and requires detailed understanding of the changing equation which internet has plenty to offer and enlighten.

It's all about money nowadays... 

GTAspotter
  • GTAspotter

Middle Park East/Rockford Hills Resident

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:12 PM

I'm with you on that ,but they can't make money from sp

Lmfao, what? They make millions from sales of the game..

pariah87
  • pariah87

Chosen one

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:14 PM

I agree I hate their new direction man GTA V would have been sooo
great if they didnt waste resources on sh*tty online
these greedy f*cks

Looks like you're the greedy f*ck.

geckits4301
  • geckits4301

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:15 PM

I agree, but if they can fix the bugs and glitches..... Supply us with quality DLC and continue to improve the online game, it will be better in the long run.

Even if they made a better singleplayer game, with improved storyline, better dialog and everything else that we all would have liked......  Would be be playing it in 5 months or would be playing something else.  The online game would allow for continued enjoyment

Just my thoughts, but I absolutely agree with what you're saying on the front end.

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:30 PM

I agree, but if they can fix the bugs and glitches..... Supply us with quality DLC and continue to improve the online game, it will be better in the long run.

Even if they made a better singleplayer game, with improved storyline, better dialog and everything else that we all would have liked......  Would be be playing it in 5 months or would be playing something else.  The online game would allow for continued enjoyment

Just my thoughts, but I absolutely agree with what you're saying on the front end.

That makes sense for people that like Online gaming but it's not the case for everyone. I was hyped up for GTA Online, made my crew emblem and everything. But when we all had the chance to play Online for a few days, we realised how horrible it was. Everybody left. Of all my PSN friends list, NO ONE is playing GTA V AND/OR GTA Online. Everybody's gone. So even if I wanted to play Online, it really would serve no purpose at all because I am alone.

clevertrev
  • clevertrev

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:37 PM

I must admit that I have always been more into the single player game BUT i'm really enjoying the online experience of GTA V . Having said that I personally would have rather had a longer single player game but it seems that these days all games must have online as the market demands it.

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:06 PM

True, they should have focused a lot more on singleplayer instead of going ape sh*t with the online, if they just gave us a simple online like in GTA 4 it would be perfect. Hell, I wouldn't even care if online didn't exist at all!

• FANTOMTRON and Mukaparska like this

FANTOMTRON
  • FANTOMTRON

Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:10 PM

True, they should have focused a lot more on singleplayer instead of going ape sh*t with the online, if they just gave us a simple online like in GTA 4 it would be perfect. Hell, I wouldn't even care if online didn't exist at all!

I only bought gta v for the single player. Online is too stupid in V. I liked gta 4's online, it was simple but very very fun :)

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:23 PM

I tend to agree with the OP on this one, Online does not really appeal to me and it seems that is all they are concentrating on as far as bug fixing goes.

heybud
  • heybud

Peon

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:23 PM

I agree that they thought too hard, but not in the way you are saying it would make single player better. I think they tried to hard to do too many things, making it way too complex, and not focusing on the most important question "will this be fun". I wish I was in the meeting when someone said, "u know what would be fun? If there was insurance bills everytime you wreck your car. You know what would be fun, if everytime u got caught by the cops your car gets impounded and you have to retrieve it. Also, u know what would be fun, having in game electricity bills. oh yeah, that would be so fun!!!" I would have punched that idiot in his dumb dickface.

Mukaparska
  • Mukaparska

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:48 PM

I agree that they thought too hard, but not in the way you are saying it would make single player better. I think they tried to hard to do too many things, making it way too complex, and not focusing on the most important question "will this be fun". I wish I was in the meeting when someone said, "u know what would be fun? If there was insurance bills everytime you wreck your car. You know what would be fun, if everytime u got caught by the cops your car gets impounded and you have to retrieve it. Also, u know what would be fun, having in game electricity bills. oh yeah, that would be so fun!!!" I would have punched that idiot in his dumb dickface.

Yeah, they were kinda too focused on too many things, leaving many things a bit weird and unfinished. 

kvic
  • kvic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:52 PM

Lmfao, what? They make millions from sales of the game..

It's all about GREED today did'nt you know that, quality has long been thrown out the window.

Betox190
  • Betox190

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:53 PM

It's all about money nowadays... 
So what is it supposed to be about? F*cking charity? They are a business, they make games FOR MONEY, not for you to get funny...

creed200569
  • creed200569

Peon

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:55 PM

They can.still make a ton on sp if they added alot.of the mp.missions,apartments,garages n a bunch of other stuff too

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Uncle T

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:02 PM

I laughed way more than I should have, rofl. 

Raindancer
  • Raindancer

Beer monster

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:21 PM

I laughed way more than I should have, rofl. 

Imagine an open space with no door or room 

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:30 PM

Ok

1the_door.jpg

• Xerukal likes this

kvic
  • kvic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:17 PM

You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension - a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into the Twilight Zone.

• WBaker likes this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

f*ck YOU YELLOW CAR!

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:33 PM

Imagine how much better the singleplayer could've been if RS wouldn't have wasted so much effort on multiplayer

They put effort into Online? Lmfao, post release maybe a little, but it still looks awful.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users