» «
Photo

Typhoon Haiyan/Yolanda to hit PH

36 replies to this topic
Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:52 PM Edited by Raavi, 18 November 2013 - 12:53 PM.

Does anyone have an updated status on the OP and our other forum members from the Philippines? 

I have been wondering that myself for the last week. Let's hope they're ok.

• 018361 likes this

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:04 AM Edited by ExtremoMania, 23 November 2013 - 01:07 AM.

Hey guys thanks for all those concerns and yes were fine already. As a matter a fact even though that typhoon is very strong, we still manage to miraculously survive unscathed. Power is still out here anyway for about 2 weeks now and I have to resort to using a laptop and a broadband to get connected to the world. Other Filipino members here probably survive as well and they're still unable to get connected because of power outage.

I was able to watch TV last week and I saw how destructive the typhoon was for the first time. Even the news anchor, Ted Failon noted that if he died broadcasting the typhoon, at least his body could be recovered by his family unschathed. Death toll has reached 5,200+ and arguably that is one deadly typhoon to have ever struck here. There is no flooding here in our province but the winds are intense, even the strongest tree like the Narra tree couldn't survive that, that is the first I have seen such a strong wind with accompanying moans. But I feel that this is no comparison in hugely struck parts in Eastern Visayas

I felt saddened for those people inflicted with destruction on Eastern Visayas esp. in Samar and Leyte wherein what I call as "survival of the fittest challenge". Looting and hunger in that part is widespread and even here in western Visayas, particularly in Capiz and Iloilo (I live in Aklan). Some of the other Filipinos in Leyte were shipped to major cities particularly the capital, Manila, because of the hunger and the challenge they're enduring. As of now, there are worldwide concerns for humanitarian aid on typhoon victims and probably it'll take months up to 2014 to full recovery.

That's all for now guys. I'll be back soon when the power finally resumes. And thanks again for your concerns :)
  • Joe Chip, 018361, Raavi and 2 others like this

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:18 AM

I'm really gllad you're ok, mate. 

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:19 AM

Hey guys thanks for all those concerns and yes were fine already. As a matter a fact even though that typhoon is very strong, we still manage to miraculously survive unscathed. Power is still out here anyway for about 2 weeks now and I have to resort to using a laptop and a broadband to get connected to the world. Other Filipino members here probably survive as well and they're still unable to get connected because of power outage.

I was able to watch TV last week and I saw how destructive the typhoon was for the first time. Even the news anchor, Ted Failon noted that if he died broadcasting the typhoon, at least his body could be recovered by his family unschathed. Death toll has reached 5,200+ and arguably that is one deadly typhoon to have ever struck here. There is no flooding here in our province but the winds are intense, even the strongest tree like the Narra tree couldn't survive that, that is the first I have seen such a strong wind with accompanying moans. But I feel that this is no comparison in hugely struck parts in Eastern Visayas

I felt saddened for those people inflicted with destruction on Eastern Visayas esp. in Samar and Leyte wherein what I call as "survival of the fittest challenge". Looting and hunger in that part is widespread and even here in western Visayas, particularly in Capiz and Iloilo (I live in Aklan). Some of the other Filipinos in Leyte were shipped to major cities particularly the capital, Manila, because of the hunger and the challenge they're enduring. As of now, there are worldwide concerns for humanitarian aid on typhoon victims and probably it'll take months up to 2014 to full recovery.

That's all for now guys. I'll be back soon when the power finally resumes. And thanks again for your concerns :)

Glad you're ok man, I was wondering about you :)

Human

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:06 PM

Good to hear friend!  :) I'm glad to hear some god news in the world for once. 

• Raavi likes this

Ηeath
  • Ηeath

Just Do It.

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:28 PM

Haha, I knew you'd make it Extremo! (As you're only 2 km away from me [or less?]  :p

It's still sad that .. so many people died, so many homes destroyed. BILLIONS of damages. We were one of the lucky ones in the Visayas region that barely had half of Yolanda's devastation, and were able to recover quickly, from electricity to basic necessities.

The Eastern part however, I'm sure there are still people under the rubble, but is unlikely to have any survivors. :( I feel happy still, knowing that people have such kind hearts. Hundreds of countries are helping, millions of people donating! It's gonna take a long while to get everything back to normal, but that 'long while' is shorter than it actually is, thanks to everyone's help! :D

• 018361 and Raavi like this

acmilano
  • acmilano

Soldier

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:16 PM

Glad you guys are OK,good luck in a future. :^:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users