Photo

could this happen in real life?

10 replies to this topic
punkassbusta
  • punkassbusta

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:27 AM

could a massive killing spree in the streets of los angeles or some other major city really happen in real life like it does in GTA? Could one person really kill dozens of people with a whole arsenal of guns and ammunition in broad day light while evading the police?

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:04 AM

By evading do you mean kill here, drive there, kill here, steal car to go there, kill here? If so, i can't see why it wouldn't happen..

If you knew the streets it would enable you to move around more easily, since you don't have the map and all...

Aintgottime2bleed
  • Aintgottime2bleed

to weird to live to rare to die

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:53 PM

could a massive killing spree in the streets of los angeles or some other major city really happen in real life like it does in GTA? Could one person really kill dozens of people with a whole arsenal of guns and ammunition in broad day light while evading the police?

Only in America so in LA yes, joking. I think real life police etc. kill you on sight after you kill 1 person + you armed. It would be hard stealing cars and shooting random people ( if police etc. near you ) so then you better be fast in killing and stealing before you time is up ( police etc. arrived ), its like a kill frenzy ( time limit ). I think its impossible, police, swat and snipers, you need be rambo to dodge that then 1 shot kill all police and bring down a helicopter with a rock.

MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

Later, losers.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:25 PM

People are smarter than pedestrians in GTA V. If someone started shooting off the police would be called and people would flee. I doubt it'd be long until the killer needs to run away. If someone did start mowing down people there'd be more cops there than just the general 2 guys in a car from GTA. It's possible, but unlikely.

Sasqui
  • Sasqui

Gangsta sh*t

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:58 PM

Yep. As long as you're smart about it.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:47 AM

Unless you did it quietly the streets would be evacuated within half-an-hour. Armed police would very probably be all over the place within ten minutes of the first murder being reported or seen. And you'd probably have a much tougher time getting around with traffic and whatnot.

And of course carrying that many weapons around, or even just with two or three smallish guns, walking around with enough speed/stamina to shoot at people effectively would probably be difficult.

These are all guesses; I've never tested, done, or thought much about stuff like this. :)

acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:04 AM

North Hollywood shootout:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=N2ZwIrIB1is

But even they were gunned down after some time.

giraffeboy
  • giraffeboy

Hustler

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:39 AM Edited by giraffeboy, 14 November 2013 - 07:55 AM.

It's happened a few times, two cases I remember of guys going on a rampage in the streets:

http://en.wikipedia....cre_(Australia) is probably the closest you get to a GTA spree, absolutely insane, and also http://en.wikipedia....erford_massacre. That sh*t is seriously f*cked up though, you gotta be pretty sick in the head to kill that many people.

BMW Sterling
  • BMW Sterling

(_o_Y_o_)

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:22 PM

North Hollywood Shooters almost got away

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:55 PM

There was a guy who drove a tank through the streets of southern California, he didn't get away but it's very similiar to GTA situations. You can find videos on youtube.

As for shooting sprees... most seem to get caught fortunatly.  During the LA Riots many people were murdered and police refused to enter the streets out of fear of getting kiilled themselves. There is video of a Korean store owner shooting at anybody during the riots who came near his store, for fear of getting looted. But again, that was a very unique situation.

Most GTA protags wouldn't last more than a day or two in real life, depending on how you play the game.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Videospiele sind meine Lieblings Videospiele.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:20 PM

I can imagine it'd have to depend greatly on the location. For example, you'll probably be more likely to get away with a crime/killing spree in a small town in the middle of nowhere, as opposed to a major city.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users