» «
Photo

Grand Quotes Auto Shorten

6 replies to this topic
Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:46 AM Edited by Tashan, 24 January 2014 - 05:18 AM.

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:14 AM

I quite like this suggestion. Maybe the admins will implement it in the near future.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:57 AM

I approve of this as well. Nice thinking.

Janky
  • Janky

More about nothing

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:47 AM

About time a decent suggestion that makes sense. Great thinking, I place my stamp of approval on this as well. :^:

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:20 PM

It seems like there is a quote limit. I just tried to reply to a giant quote train and got "You have more quotes than allowed" (or something like that) message.

I approve the idea though. I don't want limits and it is a pain in the ass scrolling down on a phone.

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:41 AM Edited by Tashan, 08 November 2013 - 05:00 AM.

It seems like there is a quote limit. I just tried to reply to a giant quote train and got "You have more quotes than allowed" (or something like that) message.

I approve the idea though. I don't want limits and it is a pain in the ass scrolling down on a phone.

I think you did not get the point.
When you quote a reply having 'long continuous quote' has the limitation of 'quote length' a reply box can allow, that applies to stop spamming!

My request is to view such long quotes replied by members, as you correctly pointed out the difficulty in scrolling through replies filled with same quotes.
With mobile version your data plan severely takes a hit with unnecessary waste of surfing cost.
But by having 'quote depth' defined using plug-in or automated (ex: Only six or seven sentences of quote displayed, to view the [hidden] continuing part 'Click an icon') when you surf the page offline (not logged in) you are presented cropped out quote and left for viewing only manually by a simple click of an icon.

The important thing here is everytime a 'quote depth' exceeds a number defined it will shorten automatically.

Below is an Example: Notice the Scroll Bar ( another great alternative )

jXoERql.jpg

Thank you everyone for showing appreciation to the request!

• WildBrick142 likes this

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:28 AM

I found this another "quote settings" on http://forum.baldursgate.com/

SIEq2x2.png

This appear as "Quotes Settings" for each Members Profile under "Forum Settings" meaning it allows the user to choose how he/she wants to VIEW the forum threads with quote trees set to individual preferences.

This affects only on an individual basis while originally the quote trees are not folded but according to how the member defines it, and in turn it results in viewing the thread much more easily.

I think "Don't ever fold quotes" should be removed from the list.

So, in case, to implement a system for quotes in future the admin/mods can check out these alternatives.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users