Photo

Cars Vanished/Garage Empty

14 replies to this topic
ZeroDivision
  • ZeroDivision

Veteran Survivor

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:14 AM

Had my garage do a little disappearing act. All of my cars are history.

I've done a little research and I see that it isn't exactly uncommon, but even though R* says they've resolved the issue in a prior patch, this happened to me well after said patch (I was off XBL for about a week, came back and poof).

Not broken up about it or anything, and I'm a cheapskate so I only lost maybe $50,000 total in vehicals, but my primary concern is whether this will happen again.

I've made peace with the fact that I probably won't see the rides again, but can anybody tell me if I still have to worry about another event like this in the future and/or is there any real way to prevent it from happening again?

Mendelson Shape
  • Mendelson Shape

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:01 PM Edited by Mendelson Shape, 08 November 2013 - 01:48 PM.

Lost a bike yesterday, I thought this issue was fixed in a patch but apparently not. Mine wasn't actually in garage at the time, but was tracked and insured. Started a mission sitting on it and spawned in the instance on foot. Its gone, not in garage, not impounded or parked... Guess its not as fixed as they thought it was.

Edit for update: found my bike. Apparently it was destroyed (though not sure how as I wasn't in a fight) but the 2 times I called mors mutual it wasn't listed, when I tried to park a new car in the garage it told me I had to replace one and it was listed as destroyed.

NibbsTM
  • NibbsTM

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:01 AM

Just logged in to see almost everything in my garage replaced with what was there about a week ago. I've been earning money bit by bit racing and all that stuff, finding cars I like, and the 500k allowed me to buy a Vacca and Coquette and other cars with mods. All gone, pretty bummed now!

boberson01
  • boberson01

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:12 AM

Just logged in to see almost everything in my garage replaced with what was there about a week ago. I've been earning money bit by bit racing and all that stuff, finding cars I like, and the 500k allowed me to buy a Vacca and Coquette and other cars with mods. All gone, pretty bummed now!

Same this with me. Just now I logged in and my cars were set back about a week, maybe only a few days? I bought a 9F, but today it was missing and replaced with a car I had in my garage a few days ago, the Surge. My cash is the same as when I last logged out yesterday along with my levels so only that car is missing.

Jupitus
  • Jupitus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:50 AM

Exact same thing here, garage just reverted back about a week, four rare cars and modded Entity gone.

NibbsTM
  • NibbsTM

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:21 AM Edited by NibbsTM, 09 November 2013 - 03:28 AM.

Very similar cases between us, I don't know what the hell they are doing with the cloud saves! I didn't get the stimulus money back either, just 7k left just as it was yesterday. Interestingly, the apartment I also bought yesterday for my second character is still there, and it's filled with the 10 first cars I stole and stored (just to fill it up). I exchanged some of them yesterday, no purchases though, but the new ones are gone as well.

Edit: I don't think Rockstar will be able to fix this, since it looks like they lost some of our save data and reverted to old backups. My guess is that this overwrites whatever was lost. I'll need at least 500k to rebuy what I lost, which isn't a lot compared to some of your losses, but dangit I also worked on the looks of the cars a lot and I'd ask for an extra 500k for emotional damages.  :panic:

Funny how they screw these things up really bad with patches just before the weekends.

Intoxica7ed
  • Intoxica7ed

Rickdiculous

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:28 AM

Same thing here. Four new cars gone and one that I had previously sold has reappeared. The clothes I purchased after modding the four missing cars are still there. This worries me. I'm about to go buy Battlefield 4 and say forget this terribly hosted game.

Dieform
  • Dieform

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:08 AM

I will nees atleast 4 mil to cover my losses.

ZeroDivision
  • ZeroDivision

Veteran Survivor

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:33 PM

Man, this was one of those things where I really wish I was alone in this. Sounds like a pretty raw deal all around.

I've started rebuilding my garage but I'm holding off on buying anything super expensive. I really want a XF but I also don't want my char falling to his knees while staring at an empty parking space where the nearly million dollar car should be.

I really hope they identify what's causing this and fix it ASAFP. Cars are probably the biggest sign of physical progression in this game, and losing them like this is absolutely insane.

Overt
  • Overt

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:44 PM Edited by Overt, 09 November 2013 - 05:46 PM.

I was finally able to buy an Entity with the money from the stimulus, and now it's gone.. All gone. Also lost 3 other vehicles that were partially upgraded, replaced by ones that I got rid of. Logged in twice since then to see if they'd be back, maybe R* had fixed it or something but nope.. Still gone. And I have about 40k left.. If this is not fixed then I'm simply going to stop playing online, because this is inexcusable.

Yagyuu
  • Yagyuu

Sadie

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:19 PM

Lost my modded entity, so the 500 000$ was pretty much spent on nothing.

Yay!

RoutaSielu
  • RoutaSielu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:00 PM

I've now lost 3 vehicles that I had upgraded: Bagger, Hexer and Sentinel XS. Then I never got my Coquette that I purchased... f*ck this pos game...

Flyby29
  • Flyby29

"Settle Down Captain Happy"

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:23 AM Edited by Flyby29, 10 November 2013 - 12:27 AM.

All my cars were reverted to a week ago which means I lost 9 of them, real annoying how this always happens on the weekend

Also rockstar has know this has been happening

http://support.rocks...icles/200426246

greasemeat
  • greasemeat

Beefy Cheesy Glory

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:06 AM

My buddy just lost his Vacca and several other nice vehicles. He says if they don't come back/this gets fixed he's trading the game into Gamestop.

Nice one Rockstar, it was an interesting couple weeks at least.

RoutaSielu
  • RoutaSielu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:01 PM Edited by RoutaSielu, 13 November 2013 - 07:02 PM.

Yet another car vanished in the thin air... This time it was my fully upgraded Vigero. I'm looking forward to that moment when my dear Vacca isn't there anymore waiting for me.

I've now lost 3 vehicles that I had upgraded: Bagger, Hexer and Sentinel XS. Then I never got my Coquette that I purchased... f*ck this pos game...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users