» «
Photo

how can people think autoaim is fun?!

297 replies to this topic
amodoko
  • amodoko

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:36 PM Edited by amodoko, 05 November 2013 - 11:51 PM.

I am both a PC gamer and console gamer.  I have played FPS on PC, and of course, it is much easier to aim with a mouse than it is with a console controller.  Having said that, I still much prefer free aim in GTA V on the PS3 and I don't have an issue with gamers that prefer auto aim/aim assist, to each their own.  For me personally, it is just more fun knowing that I am getting my kills with no assistance from the game.  I'm also the type of person that prefers setting game difficulties higher, and I feel like choosing free aim is GTA's version of setting the difficulty to hard.  Everyone else in the free aim lobbies has the same challenges as I do, so even though I'm not as good at aiming at people as I would be with a PC mouse, it doesn't matter because everyone else has the same challenges and so we're in the same boat. 

Bottom line, coming from someone who is a PC gamer and console gamer, I find free aim more fun to me personally BECAUSE OF THE CHALLENGE with respect to aiming, not despite the challenge.  It makes me FEEL like I'm earning my kills and that there is an infinite amount of room to improve and develop skill so I never get bored trying to refine my aiming skills.  Even though it is way harder than it would be on PC to aim, I still like it more than auto aim or aim assist.  I don't seem to have an issue finding free aim worlds with gamers either, some rooms are full. 

I also don't have an issue with people that prefer playing with auto aim or aim assist since GTA is set up so we never play with each other unless I change from free aim.  That way it stays fair.  Also, since GTA is set up so auto aim is an option, it allows people to enjoy the game the way they like to play on a fair level with other players.  Rockstar is just trying to please a diverse group of gamers since GTA is basically a million games in one video game (racing, piloting, tennis, golf, etc).  That way people can enjoy it the way they want to.  Video games are supposed to be fun, so I don't mind if people want to play it a certain way that improves their experience.  The only downside would be that free aim rooms will have less players, but honestly, I haven't had an issue finding free aim worlds that have lots of players in it, so it doesn't bother me.  I have trouble finding races/deathmatches with people but I think that is due to how the matchmaking is set up by Rockstar, and thus, auto aim gamers may have the same issues.  

And with people talking about skills, etc that each aim type presents, I would just like to say that in auto aim lobbies the fact that it is auto aim changes the game completely and thus new skills need to be utilized.  Like the cover system becomes more important, constantly being aware and pressing the auto-lock trigger to find targets, using the controller's analog stick to bump up for headshots, etc.  It just becomes a different game and new skills need to be developed in order to improve one's ability to survive/kill others.  The best auto aim gamer will most probably beat the best free aim gamer if they both set their settings to auto aim, and the best free aim player will most probably beat the best auto aim gamer if they both set their settings to free aim.  Obviously, auto aim reduces the need to refine one's ability to target an opponent and remain targeted, but everyone else in that room has the same advantage, and thus it becomes a different game and other skills must be refined.  I personally don't like that kind of game, but that's okay, since I have the option to play in free aim exclusively. 

Video games are supposed to be fun.  I don't mind if Rockstar has it set up so more people can enjoy the game the way they want to play it (with the different aim modes).  I don't have an issue finding players in my free aim worlds so it doesn't bother me if a ton of other people I could be playing with are in auto aim worlds. 

Now the matchmaking system, where it's hard to find deathmatches and races with people (especially early morning or late night for some reason for me)...  I want that fixed.  But I think that is an issue all aim lobbies are having. 

• Ryder_from_the_grave, R.R, Chaos-Elite and 1 other like this

tenpennyisplainevil
  • tenpennyisplainevil

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:43 PM

Am I the only one who joins a (near) full FA server 80% of the time? Seems like you're really exaggerating with your 'empty' FA servers and all

Itsagimp
  • Itsagimp

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:46 PM

I been trying to join FA for past two hours, biggest lobby ended up being 7 and have played about 3 full sessions. It fkn blows, really fun when I can play an actual match, but even then it's not even close to being full. Aggravating cause I personally can't stand auto

Str1p3s
  • Str1p3s

Pixel Fanatic

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:46 PM

Am I the only one who joins a (near) full FA server 80% of the time? Seems like you're really exaggerating with your 'empty' FA servers and all

I'm really going off of what people say as far as how full the lobbies are. I mainly don't use it due to the controls themselves, but maybe I'll give it another try tonight and see how I like it.

BA-BANGG.
  • BA-BANGG.

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:27 AM

I dont get why people think its better on pc, tbh i hate third person games on pc they suck donkey dicks.... 

Imo third person games are meant to be for consoles and the aiming is fine cod is a game for pc. FPS is for pc fps on consoles suck ass... 

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:32 AM

I hardly ever completely kill an enemy in the later rounds of Survival. I flick through them and down them all then go back through and finish them off.

Oh, the talent with this one..... uggg

Corrupt King
  • Corrupt King

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:34 AM

You like clicking aim while camping I like trolling with my mini gun at far range come at me bro

MysticJon
  • MysticJon

Legit Player

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:35 AM Edited by MysticJon, 06 November 2013 - 01:00 AM.

Auto-Aim is a dumb decision in any online game. R* dropped the ball with this one. They just copy and pasted from single player and that was a mistake. For PvP anyway. Its fine other wise, but PvP auto-aim is just plain dumb.

Str1p3s
  • Str1p3s

Pixel Fanatic

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:36 AM

I hardly ever completely kill an enemy in the later rounds of Survival. I flick through them and down them all then go back through and finish them off.

Oh, the talent with this one..... uggg

You have a lot of hate dude. I never said using auto aim showed any kind of skill or talent. I was just correcting the guy that said you had to completely kill an enemy before moving to another one. That's all. So chill.

Lunytunes
  • Lunytunes

Dat Angry AZs Gerbil

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:38 AM

Ever try shooting at a player while being chased by the cops? The auto aim will target every cop that's around you before it targets the player. Auto Aim sucks at being Auto Aim on top of sucking for being Auto Aim.

• S-M-O-K-E likes this

EliteGamer
  • EliteGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:50 AM

The game is obviously designed around auto-aim and it works okay for co-op (missions/survival) but it's completely utterly stupid for PvP. Not only is autoaim completely skill-less, but it also promotes boring passive play. Better stay in cover at all times, otherwise the blind-man with no-hands will instakill you cross map with laser accuracy!

I mean free-aim deathmatches on this game are bad, but auto-aim deathmatches are completely pointless and physically painful to play.

• Itsagimp likes this

Enchilada
  • Enchilada

Prankster

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:56 AM

nah free aim sucks. RDR hardcore free roam is unbeatable hands down. but I do love aim assist lobbies because its active and I can still maintain my free aim skill by shooting from the hip. 

Chaos-Elite
  • Chaos-Elite

Seeker

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:56 AM Edited by Chaos-Elite, 06 November 2013 - 12:57 AM.

Ever try shooting at a player while being chased by the cops? The auto aim will target every cop that's around you before it targets the player. Auto Aim sucks at being Auto Aim on top of sucking for being Auto Aim.

Yeah or targetting pedestrians. It's so annoying. And then there are times when the auto aim just doesn't work, even when the person is right infront of you, which really throws a spanner in the works when you're expecting it to work.

SGT TickleFight
  • SGT TickleFight

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:04 AM

i cant understand why you would like GTA's free aim. its garbage. this game isnt COD, also this isnt new. have you played other rockstar games? dont like it go play something else.

this is not a shooter, this is GTA!!!!

^This. GTA's character movement and camera panning is clumsy as hell. Without auto aim this game would be a pain to play. Auto aim is a part of GTA. It is what gives you the badass factor when playing. Why do you think they made NPCs so accurate? It is still a challenge when you are outnumbered.

When I want good, [moderately] balanced pvp action I play Battlefield or COD. When I want fun co-op gameplay I play GTA.

All of you high and mighty free aimers need to STFU. Seriously, come back and brag when there is a GTA mlg tourney or esports league. Oh wait, that will never happen because GTA was never intended to be a competitive pvp game...

End rant.

Lunytunes
  • Lunytunes

Dat Angry AZs Gerbil

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:05 AM

Honestly, I hate every auto aim this game offers. IMO, the only thing with auto aim should be the Jet with the rockets and that's just locking on. The Buzzard sucks because it also targets cops while you're flying...

I wish autoaim wasn't a thing... What's the point of buying a game if the game is going to play itself?

SOHC_VTEC
  • SOHC_VTEC

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:07 AM

Not this sh*t again....
Here's a question, why do people think free aim is fun?!?!?
See? Pointless, as this subject is just personal preferences, so get your head out of aa players asses and reasses your life priorities.

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

AEMC La Mesa President

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:10 AM

Cant we all just get along & play the game the way each of us finds entertaining?

I love free aim. Others love AA. Whats the big deal if someone doesnt like what you like?
  • Str1p3s likes this

jdkzombie
  • jdkzombie

Professional Zombie

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:25 AM

See, I wouldnt mind if there was aim assist towards enemy NPC's, but free aim towards enemy players.

I dont play this game for free aim Tactical goodness like I would ARMA, or Battlefield.

And even then, just because you use free aim, doesnt mean the enemy does too it seems.

• Str1p3s likes this

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:57 AM Edited by SecludedMemory, 06 November 2013 - 05:58 AM.

And even then, just because you use free aim, doesnt mean the enemy does too it seems.

Servers are organized by aiming controls and you can't change it. If its set at free aim, everyone in the lobby has their's set at free aim. If its set at assisted, everyone's is assisted.

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:59 AM

To answer OP's question:

I think it's fun because I can pull off sick jumps, rolls, etc, then pop up and nail a headshot really easily.

I'm here to have fun, I'm not trying to enter MLG or earn your respect.

deal-with-it_o_268819.jpg

• Str1p3s likes this

WalterS_LV
  • WalterS_LV

One ticket to LS please

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:00 AM

Well I don`t see aiming with a controller fun so... I said it once and I`ll say it again, controllers are not designed for free-aim. Deal with it.

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:02 AM

GTA V's Aiming is WAAY too jumpy for me, Nothing like in IV, RDR and MP3, V is the first game I've used proper Auto-aim in a long time.

GT Motion
  • GT Motion

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:08 AM

Cool.. you and the other 2 guys in free aim lobbies will have loads of fun together with your 24% shot accuracy.

Damn f*cking right I've got 24% accuracy in free aim.....and I'm f*cking proud as sh*t of it. Is that supposed to be an insult?

Who really cares?  The fun times are always had in regular lobbies with normal fun people not a bunch of MLG wannabe try hards who like to talk down on those who just have fun.

sinnessa
  • sinnessa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:18 AM

The reason I don't use free aim is because I am afraid it will turn me into an obnoxious sulky crybaby that whines on a forum about auto aim.

ExodusXT
  • ExodusXT

Care Factor: 0.00

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:27 AM

This is a video game, I paid real money for GTA to have fun.

If you think your personal preference is somehow better than someone else's preference.

And if your virtual shooting "skills" somehow gives you a sense of pride and accomplishments.

Dude... My deepest condolences 

• Str1p3s likes this

Itsagimp
  • Itsagimp

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:29 AM

The game is obviously designed around auto-aim and it works okay for co-op (missions/survival) but it's completely utterly stupid for PvP. Not only is autoaim completely skill-less, but it also promotes boring passive play. Better stay in cover at all times, otherwise the blind-man with no-hands will instakill you cross map with laser accuracy!

I mean free-aim deathmatches on this game are bad, but auto-aim deathmatches are completely pointless and physically painful to play.

This this this.

I'm bad at games but have no issues with free aim. Takes about a day to get used too. But that's asking far too much with the hyper ADD kiddies of the cod generation numb nuts

AscendantWyvern
  • AscendantWyvern

Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:39 AM

I play on whatever lobby I join for the most part, however I have to say this about Free Aim.

You are at a SEVERE disadvantage in PVE missions. The AI auto aims, hell they have better aim than auto aim. 

Vice Beach
  • Vice Beach

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:56 AM

Autoaim even being allowed in competitive game modes such as deathmatches is by far the most hilariously absurd thing about this game.

Chaos-Elite
  • Chaos-Elite

Seeker

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:26 AM Edited by Chaos-Elite, 06 November 2013 - 07:30 AM.

Autoaim even being allowed in competitive game modes such as deathmatches is by far the most hilariously absurd thing about this game.

Why is it? People that want to use auto aim use it. Everybody's equal by all using the same aiming settings, except for those who master the map and the best strategy and tactics, then they have an advantage. You don't have to play auto aim so what's it to you how other people choose to play?

Mr Walker
  • Mr Walker

No. I don't like you.

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:46 AM

Here we f*cking go again.... :miranda:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users