Photo

how can people think autoaim is fun?!

297 replies to this topic
don_pepe23
  • don_pepe23

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:19 PM

As mentioned, FA with a Controller just is hell,if u r used to mouse and keyboard.
In the end, it's GTA, no FPS. Shooting may be an important aspect, but not the One and only.
Gunfights require u too be smart, no matter if u go for FA or AA.

Just show more tolerance, an attitude being rare in the GTA:O World...

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:19 PM

Cool.. you and the other 2 guys in free aim lobbies will have loads of fun together with your 24% shot accuracy.

Damn f*cking right I've got 24% accuracy in free aim.....and I'm f*cking proud as sh*t of it. Is that supposed to be an insult?

I like both, but free aim bugs me for two reasons:

1) It's not nearly as realistic to real life as auto aim.

2) In free aim sessions, most people just stay in their cars because they have the advantage.

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:20 PM

Because aiming with a stick is nearly impossible.

Im a PC player and free aim is impossible. I thought it wouldnt be that retarded, i played my first singleplayer missions with it and hell its impossible. You cant even change the sensitivity...

Its just a huge no no no.

I would be okay with assisted aim but this aimbot?

Free aim AND aimbot ruin this game.

Assisted aim like weve seen it in the gameplay trailer or in Call of Duty or Battlefield is okay. But this bullsh*t.. nah

Actually, you CAN turn the sensitivity up ... and, even though I don't use free aim too much, there are players out there who are extremely effective, even on foot, when using free aim. Like, amazingly so. 

pacman2012
  • pacman2012

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:21 PM

Cool.. you and the other 2 guys in free aim lobbies will have loads of fun together with your 24% shot accuracy.

Damn f*cking right I've got 24% accuracy in free aim.....and I'm f*cking proud as sh*t of it. Is that supposed to be an insult?

2) In free aim sessions, most people just stay in their cars because they have the advantage.

That's my point... anytime someone sees a player on foot while in a car, they go to run them over...

free aim = die

auto aim = kill

NudasPriest
  • NudasPriest

Midnight Toker

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:24 PM

People, do you know about the Run and Gun mode?

http://gtaforums.com...now-about-this/

Itsagimp
  • Itsagimp

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:25 PM

Can someone who knows answer this...

The default aiming mode is TRADITIONAL , but everyone refers it to auto aim.

There is another mode called ASSISTED aim..

What's the difference, and is traditional more 'auto' then assisted or vice versa?

Itsagimp
  • Itsagimp

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:27 PM

This is explained in the SP tutorial missions.
It is quite helpful in cqc and running, I use it often.

who-dat
  • who-dat

SAR commissioner

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:27 PM

Because aiming with a stick is nearly impossible.

Im a PC player and free aim is impossible. I thought it wouldnt be that retarded, i played my first singleplayer missions with it and hell its impossible. You cant even change the sensitivity...
Its just a huge no no no.
I would be okay with assisted aim but this aimbot?
Free aim AND aimbot ruin this game.
Assisted aim like weve seen it in the gameplay trailer or in Call of Duty or Battlefield is okay. But this bullsh*t.. nah

Free aim is NOT impossible, just improbable that anyone without console controller skill can be successful at it.
ANYONE can click on something with a mouse, so yeah, all you PC shooter folks can't hang with a console controller player, but we can easily point and click with your PC games....
  • GankThis110 likes this

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:31 PM Edited by SecludedMemory, 05 November 2013 - 10:35 PM.

I play FA exclusively and I can say players will get out of their cars to have a friendly firefight with you way more often than not, and the ones who refuse to get out tend to be easily dealt with when they keep trying to run you over and missing.

People saying aiming with a stick is impossible - it's impossible because you refuse to practice. If its impossible how do you explain people who ARE skilled at it and have high KDRs? About 6 years ago I was pretty hardcore into competitive PC gaming and I have absolutely no problem using an analog stick. Quitcho bitchin'. 

• GankThis110 likes this

Str1p3s
  • Str1p3s

Pixel Fanatic

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:34 PM

I know it exists, but to be honest, I usually end up forgetting about it.

Ryder_from_the_grave
  • Ryder_from_the_grave

Land of the Heartless

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:34 PM

i cant understand why you would like GTA's free aim. its garbage. this game isnt COD, also this isnt new. have you played other rockstar games? dont like it go play something else.

this is not a shooter, this is GTA!!!!

only reason you think its garbage is because it isnt COD free aim,and you are comparing 2 games that cant be compared.1st person and 3rd person i dont know if you know the difference.only part you are correct is,this is GTA..yes..it is.

its actually loads of fun in free aim lobbies and roughly 5+ in the server but never seen a full room.check this out lets say i had 24% accuracy in free aim and you have 30% in auto aim.whos really accurate?haha

i had this friend i inv to my server and he was like "whats wrong with my aiming its not locking on?!i think its glitched!"

and he was gettin owned.im suprised people clueless about this lol

SHarm
  • SHarm

Reincarnation of Tommy Vercetti

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:36 PM

Love how people say free aim is skills and all th

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:41 PM

Finish your thought, we're listening.

• Black Rabbit likes this

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Bluntmaster Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:41 PM

Can someone who knows answer this...

The default aiming mode is TRADITIONAL , but everyone refers it to auto aim.

There is another mode called ASSISTED aim..

What's the difference, and is traditional more 'auto' then assisted or vice versa?

TRADITIONAL is hard lock, stays on target

ASSISTED aim is soft lock, points to target and you control it after a few seconds

Ryder_from_the_grave
  • Ryder_from_the_grave

Land of the Heartless

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:41 PM Edited by Ryder_from_the_grave, 05 November 2013 - 10:45 PM.

most of the COD players playing probably dont,because they have the habit of L2/LT aim then shoot..

this works well on foot but not when a player has his entity's rear end facing you...lol

edit:when i say this works well on foot im talking bout the run n gun

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:55 PM

People saying aiming with a stick is impossible - it's impossible because you refuse to practice.

Practice is key. I've been practicing with controllers for 25+years, so I'd have to say, it's kind of second nature. Even though I'm still not great at it...I only have myself to blame. 

Ryder_from_the_grave
  • Ryder_from_the_grave

Land of the Heartless

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:58 PM

That's my point... anytime someone sees a player on foot while in a car, they go to run them over...

free aim = die

auto aim = kill

of course they would run em over,cause the person on foot doesnt have auto aim to guide his reticule at the driver.thats when auto aim rage quits free aim.

if you REALLY wanted to take him out,think of a plan.send mercs,mugger,bountys,off the radar,or you can into a car yourself..if all these are coming at him at once+you what are the chances?

kalltkaffe
  • kalltkaffe

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:00 PM

Turn up the sensitive to max and practice.. and the sessions are not empty.. there is alot of players, sometimes even full.

i have practice shoot and roll tactic, its a good one.. well, its a fact, we are better shooter then those autoaimers, we now how to use it. its just to practic, do survivals and learn how to aim. 

kalltkaffe
  • kalltkaffe

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:02 PM

Love how people say free aim is skills and all th

lol, and autoaim is? my ass..  how is freeaim not skill involve? a good freeaim shooter have skills.. its fact.

just becuse you use autoaim..  and sucks on free. 

Chaos-Elite
  • Chaos-Elite

Seeker

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:03 PM

Turn up the sensitive to max and practice.. and the sessions are not empty.. there is alot of players, sometimes even full.

i have practice shoot and roll tactic, its a good one.. well, its a fact, we are better shooter then those autoaimers, we now how to use it. its just to practic, do survivals and learn how to aim. 

Just because someone uses auto aim doesn't mean they can't free aim. So no, it's not a fact.

kalltkaffe
  • kalltkaffe

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:06 PM

One more thing, like in survival, there is alot of enemys, when they are close, i use to just hurt one, and take the next one.. so i dont need to kill them to aim at another one..

you must kill the enemy with autoaim untill you can aim at another.. and it sometimes aim at the wrong enemy.. so it sucks.. 

kalltkaffe
  • kalltkaffe

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:07 PM Edited by kalltkaffe, 05 November 2013 - 11:08 PM.

Just because someone uses auto aim doesn't mean they can't free aim. So no, it's not a fact.

i think so, people use autoaim couse they are not good at freeaim.. thats the reason why people change to auto. why else?

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:07 PM

It doesn't matter if you don't understand how other people can find it fun.

We find it fun.  That's all.  End of story.

Corrupt King
  • Corrupt King

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:08 PM Edited by Corrupt King, 05 November 2013 - 11:09 PM.

Casual gamers everywhere...
Auto aim isn't superior proven fact is anyone who can free aim takes out camping noobs from a distance easily I am one of those people

PlasmicSnake
  • PlasmicSnake

Negative Astro Creep

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:09 PM

Most people would rather just have fun in a game then spend the extra time practicing aiming just to be decent at it and knowing the right amount of sensitivity to adjust it to. People dont want to get killed a bunch of times all for learning. If free aim was so great and everyone who mastered it was so good at it why do so many free aimers have to get so upset cause somebody killed them with autoaim? Do they need to know of your aiming superiority as well as all of us?

We are all going to get killed in this game so who really cares how they did it. What is it your looking for? Seriously your good at free aiming and??? What do you want people to do, build a statue in your honor? Engage you "fairly" in free aim even though they havent even practiced it and you can kill them easier?

People have fun cause the game is fun and they are enjoying themselves and shockingly that may involve a lazy aiming system :O Just as how some may find the fun in using free aim to kill others.

Str1p3s
  • Str1p3s

Pixel Fanatic

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:10 PM Edited by Str1p3s, 05 November 2013 - 11:13 PM.

Just because you use free aim doesn't mean you're better than the people who don't. I've played FPS games for a really long time and I've always consistently been better than like every lobby I've ever come across. I also use auto aim on this game, because the controls in free aim just feel sloppy and slow.

I don't understand why people get so freaking uppity or pissed at how somehow plays. I mean, you guys even get your own lobbies for Christ's sake, so what are you complaining about?

EDIT: Also...

One more thing, like in survival, there is alot of enemys, when they are close, i use to just hurt one, and take the next one.. so i dont need to kill them to aim at another one..

you must kill the enemy with autoaim untill you can aim at another.. and it sometimes aim at the wrong enemy.. so it sucks.. 

This is wrong. You can snap from enemy to enemy by flicking the right stick. I hardly ever completely kill an enemy in the later rounds of Survival. I flick through them and down them all then go back through and finish them off.

Chaos-Elite
  • Chaos-Elite

Seeker

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:12 PM

i think so, people use autoaim couse they are not good at freeaim.. thats the reason why people change to auto. why else?

You think wrong. I've met plenty of decent free aimers in auto aim. Auto aim only works at close range and doesn't work in a vehicle. 

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:18 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 05 November 2013 - 11:19 PM.

i was in a autoaim session after my friend had it on and i wanted to do some missions with him. I later joined freemode..

its to easy.. i dont understand why people want this, its no skill at all.. i was killed easy by some dickhead.. and i killed him and so on... no skill at all needs..

everyone in autoaim think they are good when they kill a guy in rank 103.. but hey, come on in freeaim..

I`ll think it`s less fun when they`ll give me keyboard and mouse capability, And not aftermarket sh*t with buttons and delay = real keyboard and mouse that you can hook up to any PC. Also, with the ergonomics of ONE controller, as I really don`t want to clutter my downstairs living room with wires.

I will settle for a controller that would look like the Steam one for the time being.. free, of course.

Racket89
  • Racket89

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:26 PM

I mean, maybe I'm just a special case, but I haven't had any issues with free aim lobbies on Xbox at all. Plenty of full lobbies and if anything too many people trying to join races that it sucks down the rewards with people's levels.

Though, I do wish R* sorted the issue of being able to switch to auto/assisted in a free lobby, come across a few people who've switched in a free aim lobby and tried taking advantage of it. Granted, not so hard taking them down, but still.

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:34 PM Edited by S-M-O-K-E, 05 November 2013 - 11:36 PM.

I love playing on FA. It seems there are far less griefers & children in free aim lobbies. I played most of story mode with traditional aiming but 90% or more of my GTAO has been free aim. Sadly, the free aim crew im in has basically vanished.

Joined a few sessions with friends who were using AA and i ended up dying due to not having control & locking on to unwanted targets. Converted basically all of them to FA.

Different strokes for different folks. Not going to knock someone for playing differently then me. At first i did find FA to be difficult & challenging, but after a short while & messing with the sensitivity it became much easier & more natural to me.

Also, i rarely come across lobbies on PS3 with less than 5 people. Usually its 10 or more.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users