Photo

how can people think autoaim is fun?!

297 replies to this topic
kalltkaffe
  • kalltkaffe

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:57 PM

i was in a autoaim session after my friend had it on and i wanted to do some missions with him. I later joined freemode..

its to easy.. i dont understand why people want this, its no skill at all.. i was killed easy by some dickhead.. and i killed him and so on... no skill at all needs..

everyone in autoaim think they are good when they kill a guy in rank 103.. but hey, come on in freeaim..

Itsagimp
  • Itsagimp

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:07 PM

I don't think you realize how bad or not fun auto aim is until you play some good free aim sessions.

My only issue is I can never find full quick matches via free aim. Honestly it's the only thing that had stopped me from keep playing, I wait more then playing so I have stopped until they fix matchmaking
  • FocusedPants likes this

DirtFarmer
  • DirtFarmer

Playa

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:08 PM

i cant understand why you would like GTA's free aim. its garbage. this game isnt COD, also this isnt new. have you played other rockstar games? dont like it go play something else.

this is not a shooter, this is GTA!!!!
  • prestonchan likes this

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:08 PM

Yawn

Car Lover
  • Car Lover

Lover of Cars

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:10 PM Edited by Car Lover, 05 November 2013 - 09:13 PM.

Cool.. you and the other 2 guys in free aim lobbies will have loads of fun together with your 24% shot accuracy.

• EyeMacHunt likes this

crashhat69
  • crashhat69

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:12 PM

i cant understand why you would like GTA's free aim. its garbage. this game isnt COD, also this isnt new. have you played other rockstar games? dont like it go play something else.

Thisguyherenow
  • Thisguyherenow

Zentornooooo !!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:12 PM

Its always fun if I win at the end.  Plus im lousy at shooters.  

• DarkReaper9429 likes this

ISL_Eightone
  • ISL_Eightone

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:17 PM Edited by ISL_Eightone, 05 November 2013 - 09:18 PM.

If you're lousy at shooters, wouldn't you win more with aim-assist?  Whatever logic you're applying is somewhat misplaced and not working.

So you like to exploit the fact that a lot of people can't use free-aim properly?  Congrats on losing when you come up against someone who's pro.

Now if you were to just say, I like free aim because I prefer having to work for my kills, or something along those lines, then that would be more valid.

AfterDeath
  • AfterDeath

Homie

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:20 PM

GTA has been auto-aim since like 3 on all consoles.

Free aiming on consoles is sh*tty in 3rd person view games. It's different when you're on a PC. Then I might agree with you.

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:24 PM

Cool.. you and the other 2 guys in free aim lobbies will have loads of fun together with your 24% shot accuracy.

Damn f*cking right I've got 24% accuracy in free aim.....and I'm f*cking proud as sh*t of it. Is that supposed to be an insult?

pacman2012
  • pacman2012

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:24 PM

lol-bro-idgaf.jpg

Thisguyherenow
  • Thisguyherenow

Zentornooooo !!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:29 PM

If you're lousy at shooters, wouldn't you win more with aim-assist?  Whatever logic you're applying is somewhat misplaced and not working.

So you like to exploit the fact that a lot of people can't use free-aim properly?  Congrats on losing when you come up against someone who's pro.

Now if you were to just say, I like free aim because I prefer having to work for my kills, or something along those lines, then that would be more valid.

Probably should have started my sentence with Im an auto aim player.

Kendoyid
  • Kendoyid

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:29 PM

Damn f*cking right I've got 24% accuracy in free aim.....and I'm f*cking proud as sh*t of it. Is that supposed to be an insult

really? that was a f*cking good guess then :O

Itsagimp
  • Itsagimp

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:30 PM

I don't like auto aim cause I insta die all the time. No fun if you always die by just walking around corner or running from cover to cover and die within a second ... I don't see how anyone finds that fun

Thisguyherenow
  • Thisguyherenow

Zentornooooo !!

• Members
  • United-States

What are you talking about?  Dude asked how can you think auto aim is fun, i answered its always fun if I win at the end.

Probably should have started my sentence with Im an auto aim player.

Car Lover
  • Car Lover

Lover of Cars

• Members

Damn f*cking right I've got 24% accuracy in free aim.....and I'm f*cking proud as sh*t of it. Is that supposed to be an insult?

Yes.

Chaos-Elite
  • Chaos-Elite

Seeker

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:31 PM Edited by Chaos-Elite, 05 November 2013 - 09:38 PM.

Well everyone has the same aiming settings so it doesn't give anyone an advantage either way, but those level 100+, yeah I seen them get beat by low levels. They call in air strikes, bounties, mercenaries, use rocket launchers, a seemingly endless supply of explosives and kick low levels that make them look stupid. So yeah, funny how that works if the low level thinks they're better when they beat level 100+.

einjzmolf
  • einjzmolf

JODYHiGHROLLER

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:35 PM

It's good for free roam, but assisted aim for missions is a must if you plan on playing with other people (randoms, not exactly necessary if you have friends that also play free aim). I'm terrible at it, but I enjoy it more because there's a slight ease of mind that you can get out of sticky situations based on the skill of who's being rude for no reason. Being able to lock on to people in moving vehicles in assisted aim rooms is the most pathetic thing about online, you're pretty much defenseless, and it almost encourages people to shoot on sight with no real reasoning. That stuff gets pretty tiring, so I'll stick to free aim. The rooms seem to fill pretty easily when I'm with a friend, too.

• Monkey Toes likes this

Plug In Baby81
  • Plug In Baby81

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:35 PM Edited by Plug In Baby81, 05 November 2013 - 09:36 PM.

What do you mean not fun?? Ever tried standing out of auto-aim range and watching people fail miserably to shoot you? It's hilarious and fun. The auto aim only triggers at a certain distance soo just keep a big gap and watch the hilarity ensue as bullets fly in every direction and miss your head lol

Str1p3s
  • Str1p3s

Pixel Fanatic

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:38 PM

I would honestly probably play with free aim if there were more people doing it and I could crank the sensitivity way up. As it is though... No thanks.

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:44 PM

Because aiming with a stick is nearly impossible.

Im a PC player and free aim is impossible. I thought it wouldnt be that retarded, i played my first singleplayer missions with it and hell its impossible. You cant even change the sensitivity...

Its just a huge no no no.

I would be okay with assisted aim but this aimbot?

Free aim AND aimbot ruin this game.

Assisted aim like weve seen it in the gameplay trailer or in Call of Duty or Battlefield is okay. But this bullsh*t.. nah

killerx2
  • killerx2

Trick

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:48 PM

if you are in a freeaim session and you try to join a race, does it only match you with freeaim players?if so then i need to switch before joining a race to get matches going quicker.  

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:53 PM

. You cant even change the sensitivity...

and I could crank the sensitivity way up. As it is though... No thanks.

You can change the sensitivity. I have no idea how people play with it all the way up. I think mine is two clicks from the slowest. 

Rinsaf
  • Rinsaf

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:55 PM

24%.... pfff you guys are like wyatt earp compared to my spray and pray method currently in FA lol...

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:58 PM

24%.... pfff you guys are like wyatt earp compared to my spray and pray method currently in FA lol...

I was very surprised at this....it's probably gone down a bit since I've been trying to shoot down choppers with the MG. 

I thought I'd be more around 10%   :lol:

BA-BANGG.
  • BA-BANGG.

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:02 PM

One bad thing about auto aim that i dont like is it likes to lock on to people you dont necessarily want to aim at.. In free mode this is really bad because you can easily just accidentily quickly shoot your buddy in the head and then you were like f*ck i was trying to shoot some asshole that was doing a drive by... In missions free aim is definitely harder seeming as the AI makes some incredible shots sometimes but you just have to play a lot safer and smarter. Lately I have seen a lot more people in the free aim lobbys. Pretty much every lobby ive joined is at 10 players + which is a nice change from the usual 2-6 players. Ive been racing a bit in free aim and a couple days ago i was in a race lobby with like 8 players which i never see in free aim. It seems more people are finally starting to come over to free aim slowly.

Itsagimp
  • Itsagimp

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:03 PM

It's plenty easy to free aim, just takes patience and practice, something this community obviously lacks tenfold
  • TheIllaDopest and GankThis110 like this

Str1p3s
  • Str1p3s

Pixel Fanatic

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:11 PM

. You cant even change the sensitivity...

and I could crank the sensitivity way up. As it is though... No thanks.

You can change the sensitivity. I have no idea how people play with it all the way up. I think mine is two clicks from the slowest. 

Oh I know--I have it all the way up. It's fine against other players, but when I'm trying to hit like 5 different enemies in something like Survival, and they're all spaced far apart, then it becomes a problem.

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:17 PM Edited by SecludedMemory, 05 November 2013 - 10:21 PM.

:lol: The same game with more than a dozen guns and explosives at our beck and call isn't a shooter? Where we have to use those guns to shoot at other players to defend ourselves? The same game where half of the missions do, in fact, require the shooting of guns? Don't kid yourself. Just because a game has cars and planes doesn't mean it can't be a shooter too. There's something called cross-genre.

I'm with OP here. I don't see the fun if everyone has a built-in aimbot (don't fool yourselves, that's exactly what it is) and having one hand held throughout the missions. The obvious problem is having to wait for games to fill up, the solution being find a large crew active in doing missions or start making a large network of friends, both of which I've been working on. If anyone knows of a decent sized free-aim crew of mostly 18+ players with mics I'd love to join.

I'm convinced most people could learn to love free-aim if they just spend some time toggling with the settings and finding the perfect ones for them, then just giving it some time to practice and be patient and not giving up. Just join a freeroam for an hour and give it a shot and as long as there isn't a griefer there I think many of you will have a better time than any auto-aim server. 

Note: For anyone worried about sucking at free-aim - don't worry, a lot of people who play free aim suck. 

• Monkey Toes likes this

lannydee
  • lannydee

Trick

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:18 PM

Just got turned on to free-aim today and gotta say I loved it. I'm gonna try it much more often now. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users