Photo

Making money (Legit)

52 replies to this topic
BrightonGTA
  • BrightonGTA

Snitch

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:06 PM

I don't really think about making money too much, I just enjoy the game and the money seems to come by itself.

Biggest earners for me are:

Survival (from 10-20k) 10 - 30mins

High end missions (Up to 20k) 5 - 30 mins

Selling cars (5-12k) 1 - 5mins

Racing (2-15k depending on race/position) 2 -10 mins

Bounties (1-9k) 

How are you making 12k from a car? I thought the highest was the Felon GT at $9500.

Some of Simeons vehicles bring in 5 figures

Docfaustino
  • Docfaustino

Snarls Barkley

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:30 PM

I'm a casual player and most of my time spent online I use to coordinate clan business. Ingame I have chosen a casual approach to moneymaking, and that is letting my money accumulate NATURALLY.

I don't do races for the express purpose of making money, nor do I rob a store for the money only. I do what I like to do and for that reason the money I make becomes the byproduct of the online experience. Unlike many of you money is not my end goal.

Here's my reasoning. This is a damn fine game. And in the end we'll all be millionaires anyway. So why rush?

-end ideological rant-

Jobs and as of last week, armored cars, have are the quickest way to build a revenue stream.

GotDjent?
  • GotDjent?

See you on the other side.

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:38 PM

Races(I always make the most from air races) and hoarding ballers/felon gts to sell every hour, and replaying base invaders when you can(takes five minutes solo). 

MysticJon
  • MysticJon

Legit Player

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:53 PM

I just play the game.

Last night I played for maybe 3 hours.  I did races, missions, a couple of gang attack, parachuting, and just general mayhem.  And I made almost 200k.  Just from playing the game.

Amazing, right?

This. I was gonna say the same thing. There is no grinding in GTAO. Just play the game and you'd be amazed how much money and RP you build up.

adoreonerr
  • adoreonerr

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:58 PM

I just play the game.

Last night I played for maybe 3 hours.  I did races, missions, a couple of gang attack, parachuting, and just general mayhem.  And I made almost 200k.  Just from playing the game.

Amazing, right?

i can make more than 200k in 5-10 seconds, amazingyeahabro?

Delminator
  • Delminator

Santa Claus

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:36 PM

I just play the game.

Amazing, right?

lol why bragging about a fault in the code? doesnt tell US something about your skills.. There is really no achievement in glitching millions in 1 hour... the only thing beside getting everything much quicker your probably going to be bored much quicker. so another week maybe 2 in the badest and worst case scenario you will be stick around for another month and then you give up. Nice spending Bucks on cheating in a game and get rid of it the next month :-)

Gimpy1
  • Gimpy1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:49 PM

I don't really think about making money too much, I just enjoy the game and the money seems to come by itself.

Bounties (1-9k) 

How are you making 12k from a car? I thought the highest was the Felon GT at $9500.

Some of Simeons vehicles bring in 5 figures

Gotcha, I was thinking just LS Customs for some reason.

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:02 AM Edited by RowanSane, 06 November 2013 - 12:02 AM.

Sell Baller SUV. Or Oracle.
Do a Simeon vehicle if available.
Races. Or the odd mission for a change. Golf if I feel like relaxing and gaining RP and strength instead of cash.
...48 minutes later, sell another Baller.

Between the golf course and the LSC in the NE city its easy to find Ballers and Oracles.

If you get a large bounty on you, switch to solo mode and continue...

I don't always do this stuff but its my legit money strategy.

Car Lover
  • Car Lover

Lover of Cars

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:32 AM

I just play the game.

Amazing, right?

Yeah, but I had fun.  You sit staring at menus and loading screens.

• Tabula Rasa likes this

Tabula Rasa
  • Tabula Rasa

Obviously I want butter.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:17 AM Edited by Tabula Rasa, 06 November 2013 - 04:36 AM.

To the OP I agree with your observations lol, survival is very slow and to answer your inquiry:

I have 17 mil from jobs and 2.5 mil banked-the rest spent.., I like to explore all the content casually but when I need to make money I have particular grinds, if i Didn't i would never have the things I wanted to buy.   I think players are being a bit optimistic about their session gains in this thread, some evidence to the claim being I once won over a dozen deathmatches topping each one with maximum bets> combined with moderate ammo use "minimal use of explosives" and no word of a lie: when I made my final deposits, I had Lost money; I think races and jobs are a bit better but still it can be hard.

The majority of jobs I take are from Martin, rooftop rumble when I can etc

However currently I am making 120k every 15 to 20 minutes roughly from the mission Coveted, when I play it with friends we drop the container in the water and when done properly its roughly a 1.5 to 2.5 minute affair per 12k success with restarts..  These results are based on adjusted methods for optimal speed-if you are good enough it yields upwards of 300k profit an hour.

My hopes are to atleast net 10 million before its Possibly recognized by rockstar as a grind and/or exploit.

Between grinding sessions I will grab the mission Out of Court Settlement whenever I can,-I have 4 spots in my garage that I fill up with modded Felon GT's that the lawyer drives-To be clear This only takes 1 playthrough I simply fail it numerous times between storing it in my garage "sometimes with a friend" and than we/I Pass the mission One time at the end once both of our garages are full.  This provides 21k profits every 48 minutes, or whenever you sign on.

Other wise when I am playing casually I bounce around gameplay types, do some races etc.

I Don't Glitch-whatever psychologically drives players to persistently abuse glitches is beyond me because they are not Technically Playing a Video game, nor are they Watching tv, or even making 'Progress' in the game, they are just staring at 4 or so seconds of screen variety while making money with arguably atleast a minimal risk of consequence, its pretty baffling to think people go so far to do so little with their lives- no comment against gamers or Myself,.. or Hackers even'i never have'> because I would assume your goals are immediately achieved but the glitching thing its just odd.

I like the odd grind because its perfectionism, usually its a personal project of sorts- I make alterations to my gameplay to perform it flawlessy for a consistent payoff. etc but someday farms/grinds will likely be next to impossible in gta online.

Cyrano888
  • Cyrano888

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:45 PM

Hey heres a link to a easy and legit way to make money and you rank up quick aswell! http://www.youtube.c...h?v=zZ9O3q6t6ZU

Cyrano888

gnad
  • gnad

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:53 PM

ya wanna make money........ legit?

seems+legit+_ffa308da3de485b1ebee5b2a31f

xXxTerrorist
  • xXxTerrorist

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:45 AM

People who grind in a game are either idiots with no imagination or they simply have very little to do in real life.

Shellfish
  • Shellfish

COYI

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:59 AM

Having a real life job that pays well and buying cashcards ;)

jerrodh7244
  • jerrodh7244

The Big Boss

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:22 AM

Best Legit way to make money is LSC glitching.

Nathan46970
  • Nathan46970

Helper

• Members
  • India

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:35 AM

Best way to earn money is to play either rooftop rumble and coveted. Rooftop rumble gives 18750 $ and 4000 RP. Amazing. Add me : Nathan46970 (Xbox). I will help you find hosts.

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:42 AM

Wow, a thread about how to make money, from before the billionaire days. Very nostalgia.

And yes, Nathan, RR is indeed the current answer. ;)

dlow
  • dlow

Just an Old Man

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:01 AM

Play the game, do jobs all of them, rob the stores, sell a car every hour (of playtime) i keep a baller or felon, felon gt in my garage and sell it as soon as i sign in......and try to replace it quickly, export cars to Simeon, grab high priority vehicles for Simeon leave no armored truck un-robbed   take a bounty when the opportunity presents itself

When racing if your lucky enough to hit a lobby with 4 - 6 or more players  hang in that lobby the payouts are better with more players racing

survivals are good, but can be pricy if you dont know what your doing, but are fun none the less

Remember the high paying missions like Coveted and Roof top Rumble, you dont have to farm them, just know they pay good and have a lower end expense to them and join any invites

I can earn 90 to 150k in an hour of playtime just doing stuff as it comes up and not farming anything ,,,,,,,,,if i happen to be in a sleepy or lazy lobby and the Armored truck glitch or bug happens where the trucks keep spawning...i might make 250k that hour

Gang attacks are fun, but you wont make a lot of cash but a little cash is better than no cash.......LOL

hei3enberg
  • hei3enberg

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:20 AM Edited by hei3enberg, 10 April 2014 - 11:32 AM.

Making money in GTA:O is all about rationality and strategy. You should choose different approaches depend on your skill, level, playing style and time. Basically, it's choice between FUN/VARIETY and EFFECTIVENESS/ rationality. Ex: grinding RR 5x will get you more, than 2x RR and Trash talk + Mixed up with Coke in a Buzzard, but it's a nice thing to do for fun and also you will master flying skills. 

Regardless of approach, there are common rules: 

— When starting a session, sell a car like Baller, Felon or Felon GT. Don't waste too much time to find it, 3-5 mins max;

— If you're playing invite-only, grab Simeon vehicle. Otherwise, skip it. Risks are unacceptable: pain job $700 + getting killed $500 is almost 10% of the car price, also take your time into account;

— Gang attacks are only worth it you're under rank 50 without access to high-profile missions;

— Stay away from FR killing and police engaging. Want some kills? Play DM/ TDM and earn RP+ money for that. 

— If you're low-level player, don't ignore invites to some high paying missions. Never ignore them. It's nice blast of XP+ cash

— Don't bother robbing a store. Even missions like Meth'd up will get you more for the same time/ effort;

— Always be rational, always consider your time. Set your priorities straight: more fun or more money. Don't chase bounties for half an hour and don't hide for lousy 9k for a 45 mins: it's question of 5 mins for mediocre skilled player to gain 2x more on RR;

— Races are paying nice, host your own if you're low player with catch-up and upgrades off, always turn traffic and cops on;

From now on VERSUS mode like capture/ raid is paying extremely nice. Considering it's open for everybody without restrictions, play it IMMEDIATELY! 

— If you're long-time gainer, invest in Buzzard. It will repay itself in more than 100 missions, but without it you'll spend much more for ammo in missions like Mixed up with coke, Trash talk, Los santos Connection, Crystal clear out I, II, III. In LS connection, don't spam rockets inside right upper corner of hangar and don't let others do it. It will fail the objective. 

Information = power, so check out this topic: 

http://gtaforums.com...tabase-rp-cash/

Here our nice fellow described almost everything about money you can gain from jobs and cars. 

I'm now level 161 with 6 mil in the bank LEGIT and here is my typical session: sell a Baller, host/ join RR for 2-3 times, play 2-3 races, 1-2 capture, Mixed up with coke and Trash talk x2, some free roam flying/ cruising. Outcome: more than $100,000 with a variety of activities. When Im'm in the mood, I can do RR/ Mixed up with coke and Trash talk SOLO for an hour for more than $200,000, but it's not as fun. 

And last but not least: don't play survivals unless you need guns and you're low-level player. It's time consuming, but reward is a joke.

If you want a partner, add me, GT is in my signature. Doing RR, Mixed up with coke, Trash talk, Stock and Scares, Los santos connection, Base invaders. In LS  connection and BI will provide helo support,  in Stocks will provide also an extraction in Buzzard right from the dock. 

• Van_Hellsing likes this

bensons
  • bensons

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:53 AM

Bounties (1-9k) 

Gang cars also sell for more.

toolateaxeincar
  • toolateaxeincar

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:18 PM Edited by toolateaxeincar, 10 April 2014 - 12:18 PM.

Bounties (1-9k) 

The modified gang cars sell for 10k-12k. Drive a muscle car round the gang areas in Chamberlain Hills, Grove Street and Dutch London Street.

Commander S
  • Commander S

All out of bubblegum

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:09 PM

Currently:

1. High-end missions.

Saved up for a Buzzard a month or so back - best purchase in the game, IMO, since it means you can blitz through anything from 'Mixed up with Coke' to 'Judging the Jury' in no time. Other, slightly longer ones like 'Extradition' and 'Defender' are also good, mainly because I enjoy flight-based missions immensely. Overall, doing one of the better-paying Madrazo missions nets anything from $15k, takes 10 minutes, plus decent RP - and moreover, is damn fun.

2. Car-jacking (gang cars).

Tip here is to prioritise gang cars - if you see Tornados, Peyotes and the like spawning, grab one, then drive through Ballas/Vagos turf or the bottom-right corner of the warehouses in East LS. Doing so while the cars are currently spawning, and while driving one, usually guarantees that a heavily-modded (limo tint, custom rims, etc.) version of the same car you're in shows up (Tornado = Tornado, Manana = Manana, etc.). Best to go for the East LS approach - gang turf means getting shot at by gang-bangers when you steal their rides (obviously), which is particularly risky with convertibles. Plus, for sales, you don't want to rack up too much damage from gunfire.

Doing this nets you at least $10k for a mint-condition vehicle - some Tornados for example rack up the best part of $13k. Failing that, there's always the likes of Ballers, Felons (and GTs) and so-on to fall back on. Do this every in-game day (50 minutes tops) - or at the very least, at the beginning/end of each session. Easy $18-25k.

3. Import/Export sales.
If Simeon sends the text, do it - it's easy money. Just make sure to prioritise higher-end things like Jackals (which now pay $11k if in good condition), FQ 2s, F620s, Sentinel XSs, etc. - avoid more mundane things like bikes, Penumbras and the like unless you're pushed to find anything better. Also, don't waste time going to the nearest LSC - if you crash, or even scratch the paint, you could be wasting your time. Instead, evade the cops, head over to the East LS branch of LSC (north of the docks), and make sure to get a cheap paint job (something like Dark Steel, which is cheapest at $780) to save money. No mods, either - these are meant to be sold stock, so mods actually lower their resale value. Then, drive carefully to the drop-off point (avoid scraping cars, or accidentally hitting the door of the garage when it opens) - even a virtually-invisible scratch can drastically shave $ off the value of the car.

4. Armoured Cars.
Easy money, although I prefer the safe, quick method of using sticky bombs over using a shotgun. That, and missing the centre of the doors sometimes means they won't open properly. Use something like a Bifta, and it takes less time to prep a bomb/collect the cash (no window/doors to slow you down). Then, evade using the sewers/subway, or grab an aircraft if you're further out from the city centre. Don't waste time on lengthy cop chases, because it's false economy.

5. Bounties - on you.
If you're in an Invite-Only session (safest place for people trying to save money - particularly for things like car sales), jacking cars will eventually net you an NPC bounty. Since there'll be no other players around, it's just a matter of time before you get anything from $1-9k automatically, once you've spent a day in Freemode (...during which time you can get on with all the above). Or, if you're in a public session, get into a Buzzard or Lazer - you can evade the bounty just fine, and take out other folk with prices on their heads into the bargain, which is better than hiding in your apartment or in a submarine (although submarine-trolling is pretty fun, admittedly).

Money-saving tip: Gang Attacks.
Gang attacks = free ammo and pocket change. Stick to pistols/SMGs, and make efficient use of each shot (and obviously scour the area for dropped stuff afterwards), and you can come away with much more ammo than you went in with, saving you having to buy the damn stuff.

Money-saving tip 2: Prioritise 1 PV.
If you've got a garage full of swanky cars, great - good for you. But if you favour one in particular for missions/Freemode/races or whatever, you don't need to go and kit out every one of them with bulletproof tyres/armour/performance upgrades, because it's just costing money for cars you might not be using enough to justify the expense. Particularly with things like armour upgrades - best to do it sporadically, or even when you've unlocked the top-tier upgrade, because buying it at every level for every one of your cars, ...then doing it all again once you unlock the next tier, is a needlessly-inefficient waste of money.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

#MetInPR 😍

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:20 PM

Wow, a thread about how to make money, from before the billionaire days. Very nostalgia.

this thread was made like 3 weeks before the billionaire thing got wide spread, by this time i had already received close to 2 millions in hacked money.

without doubt the best moments in this game!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users