This is why we can't have nice things

113 replies to this topic
Hooves07
  • Hooves07

Street Cat

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:27 PM

It's included free on every copy of GTA V. 

So, when it's released for PC, it will be completely free. Because piracy. 

Not everyone who plays on PC pirates games dumbass. Some of you are the most ignorant f*cking people in the history of ignorant people. If you don't think there are a sh*t ton of modded consoles out there...still R* broke BILLIONS.

You f*cking posts are so goddamn dumb. Do some research before you open you dumbass mouth.

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:52 PM

I have to disagree that all piracy is bad. I've owned all of the GTA games on different platforms over the years, and at the moment I have them all legally for the PC.

However, I have a pirated copy of GTAIV which I use because it's a lot more stable than running it with GFWL and RSC. I also have pirate copies of other games I own legally for this reason as well, and will most likely buy and then pirate GTAV for the same reason (although I don't know if it will come with GFWL as they're retiring the service next year). I know not all pirates intentions are as innocuous as my own (I'm not sure if what I'm doing is even illegal), but it's a completely ridiculous and redundant excuse for opposing the game's release on PC.

Honestly, some of you are just petty children without a clue what you're talking about. I could go to The Pirate Bay right now and download copies of GTAV for XBOX and PS3, do yourselves a favour and just stop talking out of your asses, it's really making you look foolish.

• gunziness likes this

qfs
  • qfs

Quffy

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:00 PM Edited by qfs, 06 November 2013 - 03:16 PM.

I get games the underground way because I know myself and my gaming habits. I rarely finish a game, most often having played only 1 hour of it during a week and I quit it. The only games I'm interested in must have a good popular base of online players on the multiplayer platform. I usually download the new games that come out every month but I can't buy them because I can't really afford them.

Yes I have a good gaming pc and I invested in it because I knew I could use it a lot with downloaded games. 

As I said, I will only pay for my preferred games and their big online base. Games such as Counter Strike series which I bought over the years, including CS:GO which I play daily. Then Power Soccer that has monthly subscription. The game I will buy is GTA V mostly for the online and some for the single player too, on steam, where I've been saving money on steam wallet by selling cs:go weapon skins :)

Right now I have a few games on my desktop like mafia II, max payne 3 (which is stil freezing for me on intro and haven't played), F1 2013 (really nice game once you learn the driving way), GTA 4 eflc, trials gold, pac man dx, and battlefield 4. I really haven't played that much these games even not paying for them.

If I could afford to buy more games I'd get them on steam, not store. That will happen with GTA V despite the delay. Game companies don't realize that PC gamers are interested in games and in spending money on the hardware. But this will probably change with the introduction of ps4 and xbox one, I don't have arguments for it but I think so. Except for games like gran turismo and forza, which is a pity.

edit:

That's my definition of 'pirates' for pc games. Companies should focus more on the multiplayer thing, some games will be better and more popular and others won't. Online game for the Single player should be more and more massive multiplayer. That will most surely increase the buyers. And really, besides gta, fifa, cod/battle what does sell well on consoles. PC will sell those very well and others too a lot.

Shmiqq
  • Shmiqq

you know how it is man

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:09 PM

Well idk about you but I'm most likely gonna pirate it. I don't see the need to buy another copy for PC when I bought one for PS3. Especially for that price.

Some people pirate music for the reason that "the money doesn't go to the artists", applying to iTunes. But I guess that won't work here!

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

To Catch A Flame

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:15 PM

Well, when the game comes to PC it won't be $60. They wouldn't dare charge full retail price. They'll be literally begging for people to pirate it.

Also let them pirate it. So what? Rockstar already made their money. GTA is best on PC because of the freedom, but if they think otherwise so be it. Plenty of other games available if Rockstar makes GTA console only. 

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:19 PM

Well idk about you but I'm most likely gonna pirate it. I don't see the need to buy another copy for PC when I bought one for PS3. Especially for that price.

You can sell your copy to someone also and buy the PC copy.
Why pirate when you can avoid it?

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

To Catch A Flame

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:22 PM

It's included free on every copy of GTA V. 

So, when it's released for PC, it will be completely free. Because piracy. 

It's also free for the people that pirated it on Xbox 360.

lol232
  • lol232

Even though you're fed up, you gotta keep your head up'.

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:24 PM Edited by lol232, 06 November 2013 - 03:24 PM.

I'd slaughter that c*nt.

Really though, this guy pisses me the hell off.

I pirate sh*tty games, but GTA V isn't sh*tty.

Most of the people in this thread BARELY played this game.

EDIT: It's also free for people that pirated it on PS3.

Shmiqq
  • Shmiqq

you know how it is man

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:24 PM

True but I wanna keep my PS3 copy. I'll show it off to my kids and say "I got this a week after it came out on the grand old PS3!"

Probably not, but I like keeping a collection. I even have TBoGT on PC and PS3 but I prefer playing on a console. There's some sort of prestige to it. It just seems to me that I've shown my appreciation by buying one copy already, surely I'm entitled to another.

Sounds bratty but there you go.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:39 PM

@DeafMetal, I don't think you understand a thing about piracy, not to mention that trying to act tough on the Internet is useless. 

I used to pirate until I got a job and realized what it's like to work for a living. Y'know cause I'm not an ass. And I like to call dumbasses dumbasses, it's a hobby.

Piracy is not "stealing", piracy is making a copy, stealing is taking the original.

You're consuming the product without paying for it. How is that hard to understand?

Because they keep lowering game standards, they make a game, cut most of the content, and re-sell it, do you think that's fair? What if you had to pay to open a door inside your house? That's what it's like, they make something, but you have to pay to unlock it.

Don't buy the game and don't play it? Seriously, that's beyond retarded. "I don't support the way the industry is heading (which, coincidentally, is partly my fault), so I'm just gonna pirate games! Not buy and not play the games? WAT"

I have a self-profession in 3D modelling and graphic design, I know what it's like to make a game

500px-Watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-her

Get back to me when your entire livelihood depends on 3d modeling.

The company pays the developers, not the consumer.

Right, I forgot money appears magically in the company's hands. So THAT explains why studios have been shutdown because high-budget titles flop! Because the magical money fairy forgot to cast her spell! Are you f*cking serious? What kind of dipsh*t fantasy world do you live in?

Pirating doesn't affect how games are made to PC

Seriously, how f*ckin' naive can you get? Let me lay it on you, kid:

1. A publisher/developer will put a product out there.

2. If a product does not make a sufficient amount of net revenue to justify the manpower and time spent on the product, then the publisher will no longer release that product on that platform. The opportunity cost > using the limited manpower, time, and budget on something else.

It's also the reason why games have intrusive DRM, because asshats like you think you're doing God's work by pirating games. It's simple cause and effect.

I'm absolutely not gonna convince you because you're too dumb, young, and naive, and I'm not gonna respond anymore because it's gotten boring, but hey, fun to be a dick to pirates. Yarg.

• SmoothGetaway and JoeB like this

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

To Catch A Flame

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:50 PM Edited by brootalperry, 06 November 2013 - 03:54 PM.

True but I wanna keep my PS3 copy. I'll show it off to my kids and say "I got this a week after it came out on the grand old PS3!"

Probably not, but I like keeping a collection. I even have TBoGT on PC and PS3 but I prefer playing on a console. There's some sort of prestige to it. It just seems to me that I've shown my appreciation by buying one copy already, surely I'm entitled to another.

You bought a car, so you're entitled to steal the same make and model of the car, but in a different color.

Yeah, that makes sense.

Oh and also,...f*ck PC. Overrated, constantly changing, pain in the ass. Devs feel the same. It's VERY well documented.

Yeah, very well documented in that empty space where you lack common sense and knowledge.

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:53 PM

I understand.
But piracy is not the solution esp. for the self-respect of yours and dependable as a person who does the right thing.
You can check and read about many independent game developers loosing their hope from current form of trend for funding their projects and to get the returns for publishers trusted their talent.
It won't affect Rockstar in a major way but many small developers who still draw salary or working absolutely free (kickstarter projects) with small resources to climb up the ladder of success to make it big like Rockstar and not just get stuck making small games with limited risks then by all means BUY a game esp. If you can easily afford it.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

To Catch A Flame

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:54 PM Edited by brootalperry, 06 November 2013 - 03:54 PM.

double post

Shmiqq
  • Shmiqq

you know how it is man

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:54 PM Edited by Shmiqq, 06 November 2013 - 03:57 PM.

You bought a car, so you're entitled to steal the same make and model of the car, but in a different color.

Yeah, that makes sense.
Well car theft is a bit more major, but I get ya.

Better than not paying for a copy at all. I may just buy it for PC if I need it and it lowers to £30 or so, but I can live on the PS3 version. Downloading 10GB or even more can be quite a long task, especially for a game I've finished.

If you really want the game for PC, I guess you should show your appreciation to R* by buying it. Right?

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

To Catch A Flame

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:59 PM

Well car theft is a bit more major, but I get ya.

Better than not paying for a copy at all. I may just buy it for PC if I need it and it lowers to £30 or so, but I can live on the PS3 version. Downloading 10GB or even more can be quite a long task, especially for a game I've finished.

If you really want the game for PC, I guess you should show your appreciation to R* by buying it. Right?

I'll buy it on Steam, but not at $30. 

I'll wait till it goes on sale. Until then I have tons of games to play.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:02 PM

Why are you PC guys so f*cking defensive all the time? Need to chill out and relax. Life's a f*cking breeze if video games are your biggest concern in life. You should try getting out and having some real experiences that teach you how to grow the f*ck up. 

kvic
  • kvic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:04 PM

First off the online is NOT free you have to pay Micro$soft for that privilige , next consle user's will never understand a PC gamers need to make a game to THEIR expectation's by the use of the great add on's and mod's made by very talented people,next because MOST not ALL console use are inept when it comes to computers and would rather have a stamped out clone of a game is not the PC gamers fault,and last as stated here in these fourms not all PC gamers are thief's.

Machine Head
  • Machine Head

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:11 PM

I bought GTA V for the single player aspect. My online Character is only level 10, I dabble in it as a secondary mode.

I have never...I repeat....NEVER pirated a PC game, and never will. I'm not a broke neck beard living in my mother's basement. I have a nice job and make enough money to support my gaming habit as well as support the developers of the games that I love so much.

Those of you who pirate games, I only hope that one day you will be robbed. Karma is a bitch.

Karma doesn't exist.

• 727gta likes this

Machine Head
  • Machine Head

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:23 PM

I will be simply downloading it because:

A. I bought it on ps3 already and don't feel like I have got my moneys worth
B. I bought every single other GTA game for PC simply because I never played on consoles (except for nes, snes a psx and gameboys as I was growing up) until I bought a PS3 when they 1st came out so I could have a cheap bluray player. Hell, i have GTA IV on PC and PS3 legally!
C. Another answer like A... if I buy an album on CD, the cd will not play on cassette (if you remember them) or on my phone or mp3 player. It is totally legal to have it converted to play on any device so long as you own an original. Why can't this be true of games? When you buy movies, most come with a bluray, a dvd and a digital copy on the dvd so you don't have to convert it, it should be the same for games or at least where you buy it and you get a code you can enter on a website to download it legally..

I'm doing the opposite; I pirated the game for xbox 360 and will be buying for PC, although not straight away. It's honestly not worth the money on consoles, I found the experience to be less than adequate.

Hooves07
  • Hooves07

Street Cat

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:33 PM

Why are you PC guys so f*cking defensive all the time? Need to chill out and relax. Life's a f*cking breeze if video games are your biggest concern in life. You should try getting out and having some real experiences that teach you how to grow the f*ck up. 

This coming from one of the biggest knobheads on this forum. All you do is spout off bullsh*t. From reading your past posts you have alot of growing up to do yourself. And if you are over 30...well you can't fix f*cked.

• RyanBurnsRed and 727gta like this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:36 PM

This coming from one of the biggest knobheads on this forum. All you do is spout off bullsh*t. From reading your past posts you have alot of growing up to do yourself. And if you are over 30...well you can't fix f*cked.

I'm proud to be one of the biggest knobheads on this forum. Better than being another faceless, whining bore.

concolt
  • concolt

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:40 PM

Piracy, isn't stealing? Ok, now I've heard it all. It's called piracy for a reason. A thief will always try to justify why they steal.
  • SmoothGetaway likes this

ACR
  • ACR

Finger f*ck bitches with Freddy Krueger gloves on.

• Members
  • China

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:44 PM

Arrrrrrrrrrr..... :pirate:

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

To Catch A Flame

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:56 PM

Piracy, isn't stealing? Ok, now I've heard it all. It's called piracy for a reason. A thief will always try to justify why they steal.

If I bought a loaf of bread, and shared it among 20 people, who then shared their pieces to others, is that stealing? Did those people who took a piece of the bread I bought steal it from the store I bought it from? 

That's what game piracy is isn't it? Someone buys the game, disables the security and shares it. Then other people get it and share it as well.

As far as I know, the ones downloading that didn't have the game to begin with, aren't taking it directly from the devs, therefore they aren't "stealing" it. 

It's a gray area that is still being debated about. So calm yourself.

Also the people that took a piece of my bread probably wouldn't have gone to the store for their own loaf of bread anyway.

But once they've tasted the bread, they decide if they want to buy their own, or pass it up. To the store, that's a 50/50 chance of a sale. 

kvic
  • kvic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:59 PM

In the future you won't be able to listen to music in your car without headphones or you'll get charged with copyright infringment.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:04 PM

If I bought a loaf of bread, and shared it among 20 people, who then shared their pieces to others, is that stealing? Did those people who took a piece of the bread I bought steal it from the store I bought it from? 

That's what game piracy is isn't it? Someone buys the game, disables the security and shares it. Then other people get it and share it as well.

As far as I know, the ones downloading that didn't have the game to begin with, aren't taking it directly from the devs, therefore they aren't "stealing" it. 

It's a gray area that is still being debated about. So calm yourself.

Also the people that took a piece of my bread probably wouldn't have gone to the store for their own loaf of bread anyway.

But once they've tasted the bread, they decide if they want to buy their own, or pass it up. To the store, that's a 50/50 chance of a sale. 

Stupid argument. 

If someone buys the game, then cracks it and distributes it so that it can be played by others, that's piracy. So while it's not actually theft, it's still breach of copyright. 

If you're going to download sh*t for free, like a loser, probably best not to mention it on the internet. Or better yet, just don't f*cking do it. 

You simply cannot justify piracy. You can't honestly believe it's OK to get sh*t for free when millions of other people are paying for it. That's not theft, it's just selfish, entitled bullsh*t. Why are you exempt from paying for games? Just because the possibility is there? 

It's possible for me to murder a thousand babies, but I don't, because I know it's not the right thing to do. And I just don't want to. Not any more. 

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

http://gabenislife.com/

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:07 PM Edited by Audiophile, 06 November 2013 - 05:08 PM.

There was a time when I would respond in this thread and tell the people bashing the PC players for piriating what dumbasses they are and how they are generalizing since not all PC gamers pirate just as not all console players purchase. You have console games being leaked days, sometimes weeks in advance of release and pirated. GTA IV was leaked and pirated a week or two before release. Meanwhile the PC version, even if pirated, had things in the game to protect against that (shaky cam) in order to ward off the pirates enjoyment as much as possible. And with most games using Steam nowadays, it's rare to see a game cracked before release date. Sometimes it takes a while even after release to get it fully working.

Yeah a lot of people pirate but those people would have pirated to begin with and it's getting harder to do so/enjoy the game lately without buying it. You also get no online if you pirate it on PC.

Meanwhile if you pirate a console game, you get a fully working game with SP and multi. Worst that can happen is your console gets banned and you can still go ahead playing your pirated games, just not online.

I think the whole incident with V files getting leaked from the pre-load is an example that pirating on consoles is just as prevalent these days as it is on PC.

Everyone pirates, console gamers, PC gamers. Get over it and stop bashing one group of people. the PC market is growing ever since Steam. Before that PC gamers were usually shafted left and right but with the rise of Steam, there's a great market in legitimate PC gamers.Hence why EA launched their Origin sh*t over the last few years, they know this and they want a slice of it.

Myself and many of my friends on Steam own over 100 + games in our collections. All bought and paid for legit, not pirated. This includes R* games.

I used to provide actual figures when I participated in these debate in the past but I really have no desire to because just like the other times people will continue to be ignorant and go on spewing their own BS which is mainly based off their own bias and feelings.

Can't we all just get along? Be it console gamer or PC, we're all gamers mang. We all deserve to play good games.

• Ermacs, Shmiqq and JustOneMonth like this

JustOneMonth
  • JustOneMonth

Griefer? Better Call Saul!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:07 PM Edited by JustOneMonth, 06 November 2013 - 05:10 PM.

It is on Facebook, not impressed. It ain't going to change anything either, i sense a f*cking bait tread.

''For free like a loser'' Lmao.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:10 PM

We should all be able

Can't we all just get along? Be it console gamer or PC, we're all gamers mang. We all deserve to play good games.

Indeed, fair point. Shame that some people don't think it's necessary to have to pay to play those good games. 

And they never seem to have a solid reason as to WHY they don't think they should pay. 

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

To Catch A Flame

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:11 PM

Stupid argument. 

If someone buys the game, then cracks it and distributes it so that it can be played by others, that's piracy. So while it's not actually theft, it's still breach of copyright. 

If you're going to download sh*t for free, like a loser, probably best not to mention it on the internet. Or better yet, just don't f*cking do it. 

You simply cannot justify piracy. You can't honestly believe it's OK to get sh*t for free when millions of other people are paying for it. That's not theft, it's just selfish, entitled bullsh*t. Why are you exempt from paying for games? Just because the possibility is there? 

It's possible for me to murder a thousand babies, but I don't, because I know it's not the right thing to do. And I just don't want to. Not any more. 

Okay, well I can't really take you seriously when you reply like that. Maybe if you acted a little more mature I would.

I also stand by what I said, regardless of what you think/say. I wasn't justifying piracy in any way. Clearly you should have realized that. I was simply showing the difference between file sharing (piracy), and theft. 

I said it was a gray area, which it really is.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users