Photo

Cannot sell a vehicle over 50k

30 replies to this topic
jrweber3000
  • jrweber3000

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:29 AM

Just tried to sell my coil voltic or whatever it's called cuz I realized you can't get a roof on it and I got a message saying sorry you can only sell vehicles up to 50k. Could this be this so called patch?

Jay_
  • Jay_

Trick

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:50 AM

Its always been like that

tresshold
  • tresshold

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:44 PM

there are cars that sell above 50 k, it was glitched.

don't know what cars and I don't know if it is patched, but I guess not.

CorporalBean675
  • CorporalBean675

Icaras

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:55 PM

You can't sell a car that's original price is over 50k. You can still sell vehicles with original prices below 50k that have upgrades, which could lead it to total to about 70k in some cases. 

SGT AT ARMZ 765
  • SGT AT ARMZ 765

CEO- CACI INC

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:20 PM

Which is bs. Tried to sell my entity so I could replace it's spot with a bati and have since leftover money for cars women and c4 but no I have to replace a 800k$ car with a 12k$ hit with no return. GtaV is and will always be the black sheep of rockstar.

CorporalBean675
  • CorporalBean675

Icaras

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:28 PM

No, what you're saying is bullsh*t. I hate how you mention one tiny thing about GTA V and then go on to say it's Rockstar's black sheep. That's like saying "you have a pimple on your face, so that makes you the worst human being in history". Also, selling a car that's over 50k would lead to an unequal economy. As it is, people are using the glitch to get money. Imagine what they'd do with a f*cking $800k car. Rockstar's decision to make it like this is necessary. 

Gazolene
  • Gazolene

Villan

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:33 PM

No, what you're saying is bullsh*t. I hate how you mention one tiny thing about GTA V and then go on to say it's Rockstar's black sheep. That's like saying "you have a pimple on your face, so that makes you the worst human being in history". Also, selling a car that's over 50k would lead to an unequal economy. As it is, people are using the glitch to get money. Imagine what they'd do with a f*cking $800k car. Rockstar's decision to make it like this is necessary. 

R* didnt plan on having the glitch so your point is void. Also your analogy was terrible :)

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

I have no patience for you V section lurkers

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:39 PM

Yes you can. I sold a Zion XS, which was 60k, and I also sold a Zion Cabrio, which was 65k. You can't see a car above 100k, not 50k. ;)

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:40 PM Edited by RowanSane, 05 November 2013 - 11:41 PM.

You should be able to sell any car that is tracked and insured - so cheap stolen cars and ones you actually pasid for.

Isn't the glitch done by selling expensive cars multiple times anyway? How would that change if I could sell my personal adder legit? I don't know much about how the glitches work so I could easily be wrong here...

Gazolene
  • Gazolene

Villan

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:48 PM

Yes you can. I sold a Zion XS, which was 60k, and I also sold a Zion Cabrio, which was 65k. You can't see a car above 100k, not 50k. ;)

Didnt bother to read anyone elses posts then?

CorporalBean675
  • CorporalBean675

Icaras

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:49 AM Edited by CorporalBean675, 06 November 2013 - 12:51 AM.

R* didnt plan on having the glitch so your point is void. Also your analogy was terrible :)

No but they're not some stupid company filled with ignorant people to think that there wouldn't be any glitches or exploits like that so my point is completely valid. You're just failing to see this whole matter logically. And my analogy might not have been the best for this particular situation, but hey what can I say, his horrible and childish criticism of the game wasn't the easiest to work with. Also, since you brought it up, how exactly is my analogy 'terrible' as you say? 

Woll Smoth
  • Woll Smoth

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:35 AM Edited by Woll Smoth, 06 November 2013 - 01:44 AM.

I really hate this 50k limit. I'm trying to get rid of this ugly convertible Coquette that I bought. When you customize the convertible version, you either have to get a carbon top (with no windows) or leave it with no top. 

Off-topic: Rockstar really should've put the 2 versions of the Coquette in different slots instead of randomly giving us one when purchased. Same with the Voltic.

Matty079
  • Matty079

Slammed Schwartzer Slidin

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:55 AM

I don't understand why people think it's a 50k limit...Cars sell for 10% of their total value. If you could only sell cars worth up to 50k new, you could only make $5000.

Felon, schwartzer, baller alll go for close to 100k and all sell for close to 10k. Anything that costs 100k or over to buy, you can't sell.

MLO_III
  • MLO_III

Honest Cheater

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:56 AM Edited by MLO_III, 06 November 2013 - 01:57 AM.

damn, lucky my voltic came with the hard top.   didn't even know about the open top version.  This seems like something that will be changed once the game is stable.

edit; I could swear that the game itself gives a warning stating that a car cannot be worth more than 50k when trying to sell it.  maybe it just says high end, but I could swear it had the 50k in the message.

Stevelamont
  • Stevelamont

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:57 AM

You can sell a dominator for 112k

AfterDeath
  • AfterDeath

Homie

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:58 AM

It's kind of stupid that you can't sell your own bought cars back for a fraction... actually it is really stupid. What is also stupid is the point brought up in this thread that they did it to avoid people glitching it. They didn't know it would have been possible to sell it over and over. I guess you think that you work at Rockstar's studio though...

Masher8559
  • Masher8559

Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:03 AM

This is something that annoyed me too, i bought two Banshee's hoping for a hard top, each one cost me 105k (a lot to me as i'm legit) so i thought i'd sell them and try for a 3rd time lucky, only to find out you cannot sell cars that you paid over 50k for. Really ? why would they even put this limit on? surely letting us sell them back for 10-25% back wouldn't hurt. 

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:25 AM Edited by SpidersWeb, 06 November 2013 - 02:27 AM.

You can't sell a car that's original price is over 50k. You can still sell vehicles with original prices below 50k that have upgrades, which could lead it to total to about 70k in some cases. 

My Futo was going for 98K (doesn't have all upgrades), but I think it tops off around 120K. You could also glitch the super cars in by doing some weird stuff (I never bothered).

But yeah basically, if you buy a sport/super car, it's yours.

Kind of annoys me too because I want to get rid of my Bullet, but it's a big waste of change to just leave it on the side of the street.

Always been like this.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

I have no patience for you V section lurkers

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:25 AM

Nobody else posted anything good, smartass.

ViolentRumble
  • ViolentRumble

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:51 AM

9c1.jpg

• FellowGriefer likes this

AfterDeath
  • AfterDeath

Homie

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:00 AM

9c1.jpg

Even though I don't agree in the context that this is used, this is the best picture ever. /thread

ViolentRumble
  • ViolentRumble

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:02 AM

9c1.jpg

Even though I don't agree in the context that this is used, this is the best picture ever. /thread

I concur

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilited Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:17 AM

this is a thing i hope they patch sometime, if you buy the car legaly you should be able to sell it atleast for half the price.

and no, selling a fully moded car wont create unbalance in the economy because the car value increase only half of what you actually spend on it. you have to spend $50k for a car to increase $25k.

if i bought the car i should be able to sell it, either to LSC, Simeon or to other player in some sort of used car lot or by auction.

Gazolene
  • Gazolene

Villan

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:50 AM

Nobody else posted anything good, smartass.

Apart from the 4th post down which explained that it was possible to sell a basic car with upgrades for over 50k. Your welcome.

Lord of the Flies
  • Lord of the Flies

Some are more equal than others

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:33 AM

My Schwartzer sells for $120k. I've never seen anything higher than this. It's not even fully modded - that's the cap on the vehicle. Adding chrome, expensive paint on the chrome and expensive tire smoke does nothing.

Thisguyherenow
  • Thisguyherenow

Almost Thanksgiving...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:34 AM

Franklins buffalo is 127k.  Think thats the highest you can get.

Lord of the Flies
  • Lord of the Flies

Some are more equal than others

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:12 AM

Franklins buffalo is 127k.  Think thats the highest you can get.

But that's not an easily replaceable vehicle. The Schwartzer can be bought online.

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Gangsta

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:13 AM Edited by mo-seph, 06 November 2013 - 01:37 PM.

kinda pisses me off that you cant sell cars that were bought from legendarymotorsports and over a certain value. I want to change my garage around for racing reasons but i have to decide to spend alot of money modding a new car, but get nothing for my existing car that i want to get rid of, only option is to replace the car in my garage and lose out on money saved and spent on the car and modifications.... would be so easy to do a 50% return on value if you replace a car from your garage, in the same way you get 50% back when you upgrade apartments... either that or R* need to allow us to have more than one property, but not more than one property type (i.e an apartment with garage and a seperate garage only for storage.... this would be easy enough if they do release houses in a future DLC as you could have a house for laying low, apartment for planning heists and "work" and a seperate garage for storing your warez..)

007Nick700
  • 007Nick700

Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:40 PM

Don't know if it still works post patch though but It's worth a try.

Park the car you want to sell outside of LS customs. 

Steal random non-premium car.

Drive it into LSC.

Go to the sell menu and keep going untill it says "Are you sure you want to sell this vehicle", then DONT sell it. While in that tab go to start and open up the playstation store/xbox variant.

Close the store and you should now be outside LSC waiting in your car.

Drive your car inside and sell it, it will now work, for some reason.

CYWNightmare
  • CYWNightmare

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 June 2014 - 07:22 AM

Patched as of 1.14

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users