Quantcast

» «
Photo

The Combat System is a Downgrade to Max Payne and ruins the gameplay.

42 replies to this topic
Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

Police Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:40 PM

Jesus H. Christ and the Virgin Mary and all thats saint and holy on this goddamn world.

Do you people even play the game or see what other characters do before completely criticizing it?! I've headbutted people so many times as Trevor, its just not when you're fighting, it happens when you K.O somebody. I've seen cops Crouch for better accuracity while on shootouts too.

Riznind
  • Riznind

Shaken, then stirred

• D1RTY12
  • Netherlands

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:34 PM

MP3 mechanics were a bit too arcade maybe, but it was heaven compared to V. Shooting is ok, but the moving is so slow and cluncky, taking cover on the wrong side of the object/wall is standard for me. Melee animation is even slower than MP3. And where is the stungun from sp?

• TrevorFuqsAshleyInHerButt likes this

TrevorFuqsAshleyInHerButt
  • TrevorFuqsAshleyInHerButt

General Anal

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:40 PM

MP3 mechanics were a bit too arcade maybe, but it was heaven compared to V. Shooting is ok, but the moving is so slow and cluncky, taking cover on the wrong side of the object/wall is standard for me. Melee animation is even slower than MP3. And where is the stungun from sp?

but thats the thing. realism kills the fun in games. sh*t, it is supposed to be a game, not a real life simulator. whats next? teeth brushing and wiping asses? 

the combat system in gta 4 and shooting in max payne or red dead are way better than the mess in gta 5.

• Riznind likes this

Riznind
  • Riznind

Shaken, then stirred

• D1RTY12
  • Netherlands

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:44 PM

but thats the thing. realism kills the fun in games. sh*t, it is supposed to be a game, not a real life simulator. whats next? teeth brushing and wiping asses? 

:lol:

My bet is on snorting coke!

Tikhung
  • Tikhung

Where is my mind?

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:12 PM Edited by tikhung01, 07 November 2013 - 06:15 PM.

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

GTA #2 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:49 PM

gta iv's fighting looked like the characters were dancing tango...

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:19 AM

gta iv's fighting looked like the characters were dancing tango...

Really? Just take a look at Krav Maga and the moves Niko uses... stupidity nowadays...

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

Police Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:23 AM

In this game I actually feel like they're hitting someone with their fists and not their elbows.

The counter attacks were good but.. after a while they looked cheese and were all the 3 same thing over and over. I love going 'round the Train Station Slapping Cops who wield Assault rifles.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:25 AM

In this game I actually feel like they're hitting someone with their fists and not their elbows.

The counter attacks were good but.. after a while they looked cheese and were all the 3 same thing over and over. I love going 'round the Train Station Slapping Cops who wield Assault rifles.

Holy hell. Change the colour of your font. I feel the veins in my eyes exploding as I type.

• RockstarFanboy likes this

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:03 AM

GTA 5 is a complete downgrade from GTA IV. Rockstar listened to their fans too much.

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:23 AM

Nothing compares to Max Payne 3's shooting mechanics, because it's Max f*cking Payne.

LateNightNeons
  • LateNightNeons

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:53 AM

GTA V is light-years ahead of IV in both melee and shooting. 

Max Payne is story driven shooter, where shooting and shooting techniques is 90% of the game, of course is gonna be better than GTA V.

I don't know about crouching, it sounds stupid not to have it, but I honestly didn't miss it one bit.

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

GTA #2 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:20 PM

GTA 5 is a complete downgrade from GTA IV. Rockstar listened to their fans too much.

thats because you never played the game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users