12 replies to this topic
ClippedWings
  • ClippedWings

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:42 AM

Simple question, are they worth it?

I noticed they reduce damage and range in the stats and is this reduction worth it for the silence and reduced muzzle flash?

JOEBEEZ
  • JOEBEEZ

Fanny Bandit

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:45 AM

Silencer keeps you off the mini-map so it is only worth it if you play alot of TDM or like to kill people in freeroam.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:48 AM

It's worth it. Makes it a lot easier to maintain no wanted level, and for generally operating your weapons anywhere near police. Makes the ability Off The Radar work that much better when your shots don't have such obvious visual cues.

In deathmatches it's even more useful because it keeps you hidden on the radar when you shoot people.

Eradicate
  • Eradicate

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:22 AM

Getting the cops to leave me the hell alone seems the only reason it might be worth it, since the blips show on the radar at all times minus the rare call to Lester. Can the silencer be toggled on and off or is it always on once purchased?

This Guy?
  • This Guy?

I'm the king of the world

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:27 AM

Cant toggle it but I believe you can remove it at ammunations.

Marcus-F1
  • Marcus-F1

Benefactor collector

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:31 AM

I usually walk around with a silent weapon, but I do own some same class rifles without, so the best of both worlds.

Joshancy
  • Joshancy

"I have to return some videotapes."

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:36 AM

Yeah, just like the extended clip and flashlight

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:40 AM

Simple question, are they worth it?

I noticed they reduce damage and range in the stats and is this reduction worth it for the silence and reduced muzzle flash?

The damageloss is worth it in DeathMatch / Team DM to be sneaky! :)

Managed to get alot of Killstreaks thanks to being supersneaky (moving around in stealth, hiding in cover etc) and shooting down running players :D

They had a hard time finding me!

WildmouseX
  • WildmouseX

Hustler

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:46 AM

I love my silenced bullpup shotgun for store robberies  - takes 1 shot to break open the second register, you can shoot it to speed up the clerk without alerting the people standing around outside (some of whom do come in and try to shoot you.) - and if need be drops the clerk in one shot if he ends up growing a pair.

AscendantWyvern
  • AscendantWyvern

Playa

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:47 AM

I only have the suppressor on my SMG. It's a weapon that does piss all unless you get a headshot, and a suppressor wouldnt change that.

Jolly Swagman
  • Jolly Swagman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:08 AM

I've had an each way bet and have my advanced silenced and carbine not. I figured the carbine has higher damage and I normally use advanced so thought it would be a way to still keep maximum damage if I need it but still be able to use silencer stealth. Not sure if I should switch to silencer to the carbine for silence at a longer range

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:33 PM

I figured the carbine has higher damage and I normally use advanced so thought it would be a way to still keep maximum damage if I need it but still be able to use silencer stealth.

Advanced rifle with suppressor deals a lot more damage than a carbine without suppressor.

You need to take the fire rate into account.

The only way to kill someone with one bullet is with a headshot, in which case the negligible difference in damage-per-bullet doesn't matter. After the first bullet, advanced rifle deals a lot more total damage.

The advanced rifle will always be the better choice. It unlocks 30 ranks after carbine for a reason.

singemfrc
  • singemfrc

Pilot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:17 PM

Yeah I keep suppressors on my mini smg and my ap pistol, since theyre the ones I most often fire out of a car window that way the cops dont get involved when Im trying to kill someone driving a vehicle. I find just having a couple silenced weapons is fine for stealth situations, if Im using heavier weaponry im not being quiet anyway.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users