Photo

GTA V.... enough with the crap

77 replies to this topic
FANTOMTRON
  • FANTOMTRON

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:27 AM

This is exactly how I feel about gta v and other games these days. Patches and dlc's are a dammm curse.

I found this video randomly and it speaks the truth!!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=zbtiNhHTmz8

• Xx-ADITYA-xX, theGTAking101 and ChillerVapes like this

Mustard Tiger
  • Mustard Tiger

Snitch

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:35 AM

Spot on, sh*t is also hilarious.

• theGTAking101 and FANTOMTRON like this

FANTOMTRON
  • FANTOMTRON

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:39 AM Edited by FANTOMTRON, 05 November 2013 - 07:39 AM.

Rockstar games is pretty much the only game I trust when it comes most of my games. Read dead redemption was a perfect game for example. GTAV really let me down. They kinda sold out like mafia 2 the game. dlc dlc dlc dlc, it's a damm shame. I miss the ps2/xbox/pc days :(

• theGTAking101 likes this

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:52 AM

Unfortunately DLC is such a simply way to make loads more revenue so it's not going away.
However the good side is that the company will have more money to invest and make things better next time hopefully.

Patches are not a curse though.

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:53 AM

That video is very true and quite amusing.  However, GTA V surely isn't broken.  It might not be the perfect game, but it's quite functional.  GTA Online, on the other hand, was broken.  It's still quite buggy though.

• adictoGTA and 600noodles like this

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:58 AM Edited by MasterK, 05 November 2013 - 08:00 AM.

What really bugs me is that Rockstar told us they won't release complete stories, to extend GTA V, but smaller DLC packs. Does that mean we have to pay for literally... CUT stuff from the game? If they'd make a bigger DLC, for which I have to pay, but DOES extend the gameplay, with new gameplay features, missions, weapons, vehicles, etc, then that's okay with me... even though I hate this kind of stuff...

But paying for small bullsh*t is going to be a pain in the ass. Thanks R*!

Episodes from Liberty City was just awesome, considering it could be counted as two different games, but with the same setting as IV. Okay, they've definitely cut stuff from IV to just simply include them as extra, priced content, but it was okay, compared to smaller packs. I hope they are going to be free though, like this "Beach Bum" pack...

@R*: You better include the skimmer in this DLC... after showing it off in trailers...

• FANTOMTRON likes this

VVipeSide
  • VVipeSide

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:07 AM

Rockstar games is pretty much the only game I trust when it comes most of my games. Read dead redemption was a perfect game for example. GTAV really let me down. They kinda sold out like mafia 2 the game. dlc dlc dlc dlc, it's a damm shame. I miss the ps2/xbox/pc days :(

RDR had lots of f*cking DLCs too. And DLCs aren't the reason why GTA V is a major let down.

GTA V is mediocre for various reasons. 

The downgraded combat system, melee and shooting.

No crouching

No interiors

A large map with nothing to do

friendship activities with no benefit

No restaurants to enter, no Bruger shot, etc.

TOO much realism, it sacrifices fun.

Weak characters.

Weak story, very weak story.

ridiculous antagonists.

The only things which are positive:

Character switching

Graphics

Car handling

• FirstLadyofGTA, FANTOMTRON and TonyMontanaCDL like this

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:47 AM

Greedy dogs will go to any length to set us up for Few more extra stack of money and sh*t on our face, "I want the whole thing into your pockets, still not enough to satisfy our hunger to loot you, You!!! ....pathetic gamer full of expectations"

As long as the gamer is willing to admit their crap, nothing is going to change. It will get more worse for the games and the players.
  • FANTOMTRON likes this

FANTOMTRON
  • FANTOMTRON

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:37 AM

Greedy dogs will go to any length to set us up for Few more extra stack of money and sh*t on our face, "I want the whole thing into your pockets, still not enough to satisfy our hunger to loot you, You!!! ....pathetic gamer full of expectations"

As long as the gamer is willing to admit their crap, nothing is going to change. It will get more worse for the games and the players.

I agree

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

Night Light OutlawS MC President

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:46 AM

shut up man :-/

you got GTAV, the game is awesome and beautiful. 

To let US stay playing they need to refresh the game once in a while; THEY CAN'T DO THIS FOR FREE.

you should remember that it is a job for them. and when you have a job; you need to be paid;

so cut this crap of DLC is bad and such stuff... :S

• blowtorchrepair likes this

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:57 AM

To keep the company running and those working within the company, you need DLC'S?
WHAT A JOKE?
What DLC means is extra but when the main game is just short enough to last a couple of 4-5 sessions and majority of it requiring online participation to enjoy at the price double to what actually offered, you expect to buy DLC for a couple of more content at a half price than original, well either players don't understand costing to pricing valuation or just have a lot of free cash to spend!
  • Osho likes this

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:08 AM Edited by MasterK, 05 November 2013 - 10:09 AM.

shut up man :-/

you got GTAV, the game is awesome and beautiful. 

To let US stay playing they need to refresh the game once in a while; THEY CAN'T DO THIS FOR FREE.

you should remember that it is a job for them. and when you have a job; you need to be paid;

so cut this crap of DLC is bad and such stuff... :S

Oh yes, because companies in the past that made games packed with gameplay elements and exciting stuff didn't maket it this long... Oh yeah, because Rockstar didn't do anything like San Andreas, where they've had lots of features, an interesting story which was fun to complete, etc., without the need of DLCs..

Shut the hell up, and stop licking asses..

We are nearly at a point where indie game developers are the best at making games, even though they don't earn that much as a huge, multinational company. -.-"

Nipper
  • Nipper

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:14 AM

People just need to think of games as commercial products.

I don't see people standing in the local supermarket defending brands of chocolate or what have you, SO WHY DO GAMERS?

If a developer f*cks up, people are there to defend them, for what gain? Really.

If Cadbury's f*cked up and you bought a new chocolate bar off them, and it was half mouldy, would you expect people to say "it's only been out for a week GOD, let them fix the bugs" ? No.

It's one weird argument, I am all for patches fixing things and whatever, but NOT if it is a detriment to the actual development of the game.

What he said about games testers is very true too, how they didn't come across the garage eating cars glitch in single player, I will never know.

• ThroatSlasher2 likes this

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:15 AM

Cadbury is not costly my friend!

Nipper
  • Nipper

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:23 AM Edited by Nipper, 05 November 2013 - 10:50 AM.

Cadbury is not costly my friend!

Same sh*t, no matter what you pay, $1 or $1,000,000 if something isn't working it isn't working, and you deserve a refund.

Gaming is the only industry I can think of that people actively defend companies for making bad decisions, or releasing half baked products.

Just look at Bethesda, the fanbase will turn around and tell you "what did you expect? you bought a Beth game." Which would be okay, if on the coverart of the game it said in huge red letters "Unfinished bug ridden code, expect a unique bug soon". But it doesn't.

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:58 AM

Consider 'time'!
It took atleast 3 years to take V in the final phase of development.
What they were making was totally GTAO for Single Player.
A multiplayer offering for the price of single player and the joke that it is bundled free but available later after 13 days of release and without any clue of how many players are going to log in on the first GTAO run.
Second joke, GTAO felt like almost BETA, a work in progress and count of patches still adding.
Rockstar handed short amount of single player to keep the full price and by not giving complete access to the standalone game partly or wholly still reserved for online only while the patches still don't allow offline exploration to those areas except as DLC.
For now, the free DLC is still limited to kits or items with more online missions.
Once the content creator or game editor comes no one will take single player sessions seriously due to one reason GTAO base will become strong till that time.
Developers can't sell the game as package deal offering both SP and Multi-player with equal amount of content.
Multi-player gives them enough opportunities to keep gamers coming online with every patch for best experience and DLC for more variety.
Some one rightly pointed out about how developers in the past offered a good amount of gaming at this price.
Trend is changing now, where developers can't afford more time (due to technology requiring more creative people compared to limited team of developers in the past making games with traditional methods) for one standalone game but by cutting corners in their length, quantity, quality offline and evolving online gaming they are saving a lot of time and cost of their company still earning full price making profitable deals further by DLC or exclusives!
  • Osho likes this

ChillerVapes
  • ChillerVapes

Wondering aimlessly in a cloud, look up high n I'll be found

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:29 AM

Totally agree with thos guy... tbh, I think an independent enquiry should be held because, the way games are made now, you are buying an incomplete product and are expected to pay more to get the real deal.
It's like buying a beta or shareware... something which should never have a pricetag on it's head and yet game producer's are pumping them out all the time and making millions!

I remember when Grand Torismo Prologue came out, I was like, "WTF, they make a demo version and because the full version is going to be late, we have to pay for this sh*t?! F THAT!"
Now games simply come out without even putting the word prologue on the title!

shunsuke
  • shunsuke

AKA, Masatooo !

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:43 AM

His GTA V Solo review...

Nipper
  • Nipper

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:50 PM Edited by Nipper, 05 November 2013 - 12:54 PM.

Consider 'time'!
It took atleast 3 years to take V in the final phase of development.

During those 3 years, nobody noticed that their cars disappeared from their garages? I find that hard to believe.

Everything else you said is pretty much spot on, but it doesn't make it right.

I feel this is bigger than GTA though, the industry needs a shake up.

I'm glad indie devs are taking more of a minecraft approach, releasing an alpha for smaller fee, and you help the developers as they go towards a full release, as well as the developers earning a little money on the way. This, I think, is the future of innovative games. EA can slam a CoD out the door every 12 months, same game every year with new textures and models, and maybe an upgraded engine.

If you haven't seen it yet, I suggest you look up 7 days to die, basically it's DayZ meets minecraft and has a baby, and boy, that doesn't do it justice! Can't wait to see how this one progresses.

This topic is a little out of place in a GTA forum though, someone needs to send that guys video to the CEO's of EA, and some others.

Ola441
  • Ola441

Hustler

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:35 PM

What really bugs me is that Rockstar told us they won't release complete stories, to extend GTA V, but smaller DLC packs. Does that mean we have to pay for literally... CUT stuff from the game? If they'd make a bigger DLC, for which I have to pay, but DOES extend the gameplay, with new gameplay features, missions, weapons, vehicles, etc, then that's okay with me... even though I hate this kind of stuff...

Episodes from Liberty City was just awesome, considering it could be counted as two different games, but with the same setting as IV. Okay, they've definitely cut stuff from IV to just simply include them as extra, priced content, but it was okay, compared to smaller packs. I hope they are going to be free though, like this "Beach Bum" pack...
@R*: You better include the skimmer in this DLC... after showing it off in trailers...

You don't get it, DLC is not cut content, it's developed after launch. Remember tbogt?

Hooves07
  • Hooves07

Prankster

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:11 PM

DLC was really to intended to extend the life of games. Unfortunately MOST dlc is just small packs of items/mission ect. locked on disk. There are exceptions and really great dlc for games. For the most part it's just milking the f*cking consumer.

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:33 PM

You don't get it, DLC is not cut content, it's developed after launch. Remember tbogt?

Except when you find the references in the base game files, and realize that stuff really was cut from the game...

• FANTOMTRON likes this

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:39 PM

R* games are usually pretty bug-free compared to other developers, as was GTA V, but they totally f*cked up with the Online. The second patch they put out for Online actually made SP buggy for me.

FANTOMTRON
  • FANTOMTRON

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:47 PM

R* games are usually pretty bug-free compared to other developers, as was GTA V, but they totally f*cked up with the Online. The second patch they put out for Online actually made SP buggy for me.

That's one reason why I didn't download any patches. I bought gta v for the single player.

FANTOMTRON
  • FANTOMTRON

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:51 PM

Except when you find the references in the base game files, and realize that stuff really was cut from the game...

Yeah that's true.

Ola441
  • Ola441

Hustler

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:41 PM Edited by Ola441, 05 November 2013 - 05:42 PM.

Ok so where is your proof? Where are the references? And no don't link me to that stupid North Yankton thread.

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:52 PM Edited by MasterK, 05 November 2013 - 05:53 PM.

I'm not linking anything, but for GTA V, the only proof I'll give you is the scene where a skimmer flies over the windmill farm. If that's not cut from the game, then please enlighten me... where is it? :)

I don't know ATM, which trailer was it, but I'll find it for you. By the way, it's pretty common from R* to leave traces of cut content in their games... just think about the Hot Coffee case back in the good ole' San Andreas days.

I'm talking about facts, not making up sh*t. Rockstar is getting greedier day by day.

ALso there's a topic somewhere here in which people are investigating text files, and script related stuff. They've found a pretty huge amount of things that are not included in the game, and I bet those are returning in DLCs...

Bonnano
  • Bonnano

i hate the mexican that screams "f*ck me in the ass"

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:56 PM Edited by Bonnano, 05 November 2013 - 05:57 PM.

Ok so where is your proof? Where are the references? And no don't link me to that stupid North Yankton thread.

I'm not linking anything, but for GTA V, the only proof I'll give you is the scene where a skimmer flies over the windmill farm. If that's not cut from the game, then please enlighten me... where is it? :)

I don't know ATM, which trailer was it, but I'll find it for you. By the way, it's pretty common from R* to leave traces of cut content in their games... just think about the Hot Coffee case back in the good ole' San Andreas days.

I'm talking about facts, not making up sh*t. Rockstar is getting greedier day by day.

ALso there's a topic somewhere here in which people are investigating text files, and script related stuff. They've found a pretty huge amount of things that are not included in the game, and I bet those are returning in DLCs...

Yeah, it's from the first trailer, and Rockstar nowadays is pretty much any big gaming company out there (including Valve), greedy as f*ck, this is why I don't respect them since RDR, I just play their games, I don't worship their corporate ass.

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:04 PM

Yeah, it's from the first trailer, and Rockstar nowadays is pretty much any big gaming company out there (including Valve), greedy as f*ck, this is why I don't respect them since RDR, I just play their games, I don't worship their corporate ass.

Dunno' man.... Valve is somehow more human for me, since Steam is a pretty decent system with awesome discounts at some times... I mean, last year I've had the opportunity to buy the whole series, with every released game -- apart from the console exclusive ones -- for 10 dollars. That's just awesome IMO.

• Bonnano likes this

geckits4301
  • geckits4301

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:06 PM

While the video is humorous, it's yet another example of someone having absolutely NO IDEA what goes into game development, game testing, stability and stress testing on the servers for online environment and another 300 things that I won't go on to list.

We want online games!  Until people stop wanting online games, this is going to happen.  There is absolutely no way to test in a small beta environment how the game will react to everything that can be thrown at it.  That is why they patch.  It's a pretty simple process when you look at it like that.

Take the whole 9/11 WTC collapsing arguement for example.  Not to compare the two, but compare the arguements that people have.  The towers couldn't have possibly collapsed because of the plain hitting them they said.  It must have been a bomb inside set to go off afterwards they said.  Really?  Where is your degree in structural engineering to all those that say that?

The problem they had is that the 9/11 tragedy fell outside of the scope of something that could have been tested for.  You can take a BMW and crash it into a wall at all different angles in a lab to determine things that can be improved.  You can't build something as enormous as the WTC and then fly a plane into it and say, 'well that shouldn't have happened...  Let's build 6 more of these and run through that test a couple more times", or "those gulf coast levies shouldn't have broken".

Point being GTA V is certainly flawed, but there is no way to find out the games issues until it's released.  Yeah, so we're all essentially beta testers, but who cares?  Are we that impatient and demanding that we can't put a couple glitches and issues aside until they're addressed and corrected?

These game developers/testers have an extremely difficult job to do and they do it well, so bear with them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users