Photo

GTA Online Trailer Overhyped the Whole Thing

56 replies to this topic
ROADSIDE_BUM
  • ROADSIDE_BUM

Snitch

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:32 PM

pre game overhype is the norm these days, take any concept vid and reduce hype by a factor of 10 = true experience.  be prepared to navigate the maze of vague dev speak with generic terms like "dynamic combat, seamless world, MMO, and epic moment to moment gameplay"

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:35 PM

pre game overhype is the norm these days, take any concept vid and reduce hype by a factor of 10 = true experience.  be prepared to navigate the maze of vague dev speak with generic terms like "dynamic combat, seamless world, MMO, and epic moment to moment gameplay"

Seamless world, lol.

So strong.

FrissioNx
  • FrissioNx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:36 PM

I just rewatched the trailer. I can't say that it's over hyped. Everything I've seen in the trailer I've seen in the game. Our own imaginations are what overhyped the game. Not R*

Sticky Pads
  • Sticky Pads

Prankster

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:37 PM

I think it's going to be an ongoing work in progress.  It's only been out a little over a month and most of the past month has been trying to get bugs worked out.  I expect it will continue to develop and grow over the coming months and years and become more like they described.  That being said, GTAO seems surprisingly underprepared.  They are still working on the GTA Online Guide on the Social Club site!  That right there tells me they just didn't have it all finished.  I'm glad they didn't delay it any longer though.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:39 PM

I just rewatched the trailer. I can't say that it's over hyped. Everything I've seen in the trailer I've seen in the game. Our own imaginations are what overhyped the game. Not R*

It's not about what they show.

Of course they show stuff that's in the game -.-

I'm talking about how they PRESENTED it all, and spoke of it all.

ROADSIDE_BUM
  • ROADSIDE_BUM

Snitch

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:39 PM

They made everything looks interesting, but you hit the nail on the head

Armored trucks robberies are stale

Almost no cutscenes

Apartments were really hyped up when they are just glorified waiting rooms/lobbies

i actually found the tv alone was worth $125k i spent on apt.,  big brother can spectate any player, and deem judgement upon them, also nice to have front row seats of a mugging. 

irishsm0ke
  • irishsm0ke

Outlaw

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:41 PM

I agree with op. The bug thing that sold me on GTA was the online trailer. And in that trailer, I thought I saw a scene that looked like a heist. I can't remember now. Anyway, I know heists are supposedly coming. But why put a trailer out that has features not offered yet?

adamnightmare
  • adamnightmare

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:42 PM

i think all these glitches bugs hacks and stuff has stopped them from adding new stuff sooner hopefully now its fixed so they can get down to updating and adding stuff instead of them having to fix the game

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:06 PM

the trailer meerly featured things you can do without even thinking twice about it.

did rockstart purposely keep us in the dark about things because they knew they f*cked up? or took what seemed to be shortcuts?

yes.

is it still a great game with an amazing story and awesome playing experience every time you get on?

yes. it is what you make it. it's open world for a reason. go have fun and stop complaining about a trailer that came out before the game was released.

• Relax_and_Get_High likes this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:55 PM

This is why I hate the community here, because everyone's brain is the size of a peanut.

There is no complaining here.  I clearly state don't get me wrong, I love the online, but R* displayed it as a whole different thing.

Glad some people gave opinions though and understand what I mean by this thread because they can read.  Proud of you guys.

• R.R likes this

Relax_and_Get_High
  • Relax_and_Get_High

I smoked with Johnny Hopkins

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:10 AM

This is why I hate the community here, because everyone's brain is the size of a peanut.

There is no complaining here.  I clearly state don't get me wrong, I love the online, but R* displayed it as a whole different thing.

Glad some people gave opinions though and understand what I mean by this thread because they can read.  Proud of you guys.

then leave if you hate it. You made a topic arguing about the trailer of gta being under represented and when people give their opinions you get defensive. Don't sign up on forums if you don't like the opinions of others.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:23 AM

Did you think they lied?

Dalamo
  • Dalamo

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:23 AM

I'm not even sure if I'm satisfied or disappointed with it, to be honest.

It's very addictive, but they certainly did showcase it in a very misleading way.

Also, I WANT THAT FEUD SHIRT!

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:26 AM

then leave if you hate it. You made a topic arguing about the trailer of gta being under represented and when people give their opinions you get defensive. Don't sign up on forums if you don't like the opinions of others.

These aren't opinions.  They are completely missing me point, unlike iEdwin.

Relax_and_Get_High
  • Relax_and_Get_High

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:28 AM

like one user said, they didn't mislead anything it was your imaginations overhyping it.

Dalamo
  • Dalamo

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:52 AM

like one user said, they didn't mislead anything it was your imaginations overhyping it.

While that may be true, our expectations wouldn't have been so high if they hadn't showcased them in such an exciting, dramatic way, when in reality, they're as easy and simple to do as shooting a stationary object.

Say, misleading.

At least that's how I see it. No need to be, or come across as an ass over it. :/

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:55 AM

No.

Relax_and_Get_High
  • Relax_and_Get_High

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:06 AM

No.

no better argument eh?

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:08 AM

It's all right there.

Read you some.

Trailer was designed to overhype.

#Dealwithit

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:09 AM

It's not about what they show.

Of course they show stuff that's in the game -.-

Do you feel that they lied to you?

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:13 AM

No, it's not a lie.

It's like if I take you to dinner, and say this is the best steak in the world, but even I know it's not.

Overexaggeration.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:23 AM Edited by Pinnkiepie, 06 November 2013 - 03:24 AM.

What a Commercial or a Trailer mainly does, is to show their Product in a certain Light (not negative), the rest is up to the Viewer.

As long as they have not lied, they have not done anything wrong.

It is called Promotion 101.

Any time you market something , you try to promote it in the best way possible.

Be it Trailers for Movies, Games or other Products such as Cars, AdidasShoes etc

The only ones overhyping a merchandise are the customers usually, creating images/scenarios in their own mind that aren't there.

• Relax_and_Get_High likes this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:28 AM

The only ones overhyping a merchandise are the customers usually, creating images/scenarios in their own mind that aren't there.

The images are there...in the trailer.

The narration, is there.

Everything is overexaggerated and clear.

Your quote can pertain to a trailer like this

"Those visuals!  Oh snap, the camera angles!  Music!  Hell yeah can't wait!"

Not this trailer, with it's narration and such.

Battlefield 4 trailer is showing you what you get in a dynamic way.

GTA: O trailer is explaning online like it's the next coming of Jesus.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:39 AM Edited by Pinnkiepie, 06 November 2013 - 03:43 AM.

That the GTA:O-Trailer is like the "coming of Jesus" is what YOU perceive, not others, Biohazard.

I see nothing wrong with the Trailer myself.

It is nothing special or out of the ordinary, but clearly it has to be shown in a positive light instead of a negative one.

Colorful, and Exciting instead of Dull, Grey etc

Exaggerating words is mainstay in Promoting, Advertising, and Business in General, but it is always up to the Consumer how to evaluate a trailer, and mostly, many consumers overhype things.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:49 AM

They made everything looks interesting, but you hit the nail on the head

Armored trucks robberies are stale

Almost no cutscenes

Apartments were really hyped up when they are just glorified waiting rooms/lobbies

It feels like a static world, so much potential yet it feels bland. Hopefully DLC with change this, but I'm not too optimistic about it

I agree with op. The bug thing that sold me on GTA was the online trailer. And in that trailer, I thought I saw a scene that looked like a heist. I can't remember now. Anyway, I know heists are supposedly coming. But why put a trailer out that has features not offered yet?

I'm not even sure if I'm satisfied or disappointed with it, to be honest.

It's very addictive, but they certainly did showcase it in a very misleading way.

Also, I WANT THAT FEUD SHIRT!

While that may be true, our expectations wouldn't have been so high if they hadn't showcased them in such an exciting, dramatic way, when in reality, they're as easy and simple to do as shooting a stationary object.

Say, misleading.

At least that's how I see it. No need to be, or come across as an ass over it. :/

These people here are being honest.

You cannot tell me, you saw this trailer and were just like

"Oh hey, that looks decent."

"Exaggerating words is mainstay in Promoting, Advertising, and Business in General, but it is always up to the Consumer how to evaluate a trailer, and mostly, many consumers overhype things."

Yeah, I evaluated it, and it overhyped the game.

Because of their e-x-a-g-g-e-r-a-t-i-o-n.

This trailer, is exagerrated, overhyping the online.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:18 AM Edited by Pinnkiepie, 06 November 2013 - 06:18 AM.

And what exactly did they exaggerate in the Trailer?

They merely demonstrate GTA Online-gameplay.

Contents

0:30-0:34: Cutscene when you meet Lester

0:34-0:40: Team DeathMatch or a Mission

0:44-0:45: ArmWrestling

0:45-0:51: Parachuting

0:54-0:57: From the Intro when you start a new character, landing in Los Santos

0:57-1:01: Cutscene in the beginning with Lamar

1:01-1:05: Being chased by Cops

1:05-1:09: Stealing a Car, while being chased by a Player on a Motorcycle

1:10-1:15: Heist

1:16-1:18: Robbing a Store

1:19-1:25: Team DeathMatch

1:25-1:26: Golf

1:26-1.33: Titan of a Job-Mission

1:34-1:39: At the Hairsalon, Shopping Clothes 

1:44-1:50: High-End Apartment

1:52-1:59: Different Races

2:00-2:01: Free-Roam Driving with Friends

2:06-2:09: Gerald and his Drug-oriented Missions with the non-forgettable phrase

"Now keep your mouth shut about me, you hear?" :D

2:20- Rockstar will be constantly developing new content etc

2:22-2:40: A look at the Content Creator

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:32 AM

I point everything out in my OP, and the entire narration is exagerrated.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users