Photo

Any plans to fix spawns?

11 replies to this topic
bloodtox
  • bloodtox

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:42 AM

Current the spawn system is seriously broken, im not talking about the initial spawn but the spawn after someone kills you.

I basically have to shut off my xbox 90% of the time because it spawns you DIRECTLY next to/around the player that killed you so you end up getting spawn killed 50+ time's.

It wouldn't be so bad if you could at least keep the menu open to hop to a new session but it closes every time you get killed (which is every five seconds).

the_samich
  • the_samich

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:49 AM

Quickly find cover.

Enable passive mode.

Profit

bloodtox
  • bloodtox

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:03 AM

Quickly find cover.

Enable passive mode.

Profit

And what do I do when they throw sticky bombs, grenades, or have a tank? Not to mention you have to keep the menu open to even enable passive mode.

the_samich
  • the_samich

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:06 AM

It takes 5 seconds to enable passive mode. They don't spawn as close as you're saying. Once in p.m. then take that time to get outta the area or just chane sessions altogether.

bloodtox
  • bloodtox

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:10 AM

It takes 5 seconds to enable passive mode. They don't spawn as close as you're saying. Once in p.m. then take that time to get outta the area or just chane sessions altogether.

You must not be playing against non-friends in free roam then.

In free roam it always spawns you extremely near or next to the person who killed you. If you want I can find some video's since you think the opposite.

the_samich
  • the_samich

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:25 AM

I know exactly what it does because I've been through it. It does not spawn you ass cheek to ass cheek. Like I said, if it's that bothersome find a new session.

bloodtox
  • bloodtox

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:32 AM

I know exactly what it does because I've been through it. It does not spawn you ass cheek to ass cheek. Like I said, if it's that bothersome find a new session.

I beg to differ, try going to the lsx airport and killing someone they always spawn right infront of where you ramp into the strip next to the hangar.

And I would find new sessions if I wasn't constantly getting spawn killed. You don't seem to realize how bad the spawns are online.

the_samich
  • the_samich

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:39 AM

Yeah, I've ever played online -_-

I guess it's time to start shooting back...

Dr__Gonzo__95
  • Dr__Gonzo__95

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:38 PM

There is always time after you spawn to select a weapon and then go after the guy that killed you. If you can kill him then it's time to make your exit.

The spawns aren't that bad. You normally get spawned around the corner from the person that killed you. Never have I been spawned right next to the person that killed me or vice versa.

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:57 PM

yea right next to is a bit of a subjective measurement... it does tend to be far enough that you can enter a menu quickly enough before being killed agin.... or set your spawn location to your apartment.... settings spawn location to your "last known location" is a bit of a rookie mistake if your getting spawn sniped...  also you ever tried to press down then right on your analogue stick?? it dumps you bakc into SP so when you load MP again your in a different session... that takes 2 seconds...

or fast travel.. when you first spwan you flash for a few seconds, during which time your not really killable (my sniper bullets will pass through you) in that time youve got enough time to a) arm yourself, b) pick a new session c) enter passive mode or d) fast travel...

if you dont know how to fast travel jsut pick a job to join, then quit... boom your on the other side of the city... no spawndeath necessary...

if you know where jobs are placed then its a handy way to get about, ive been in invite onyl sessions and joined from my last location way up north of the alamo sea, when all my mates are hanging about LS... am i gonna drive for 10 mins telling them im on my way... hell no... pause menu, online, jobs, DOWNTOWN, DOWNTOWN... click Host (cos i dont liek joining lobbies then jsut leaving) or Join if you like then just quit the session... oops im in the middle of downtown and a stones throw from the action... its also a really easy way to get out fo your apartment if someones camping out to snipe/sticky bomb you... especially if you know a job location thats behind them (i live in alta street and theres a job jsut round the corner by the mors mutual depot that and camper cant see) then pop round the corner and shotgun that greifer in the back of the head... steal car, drive on...

fasttravels a pretty handy tool if you keep a note of what jobs are near areas you frequent, i sued this to get to some stores i wanted to rob out on the west coast and joined a parachute job then quit and i was right where i wanted to be...

Hamsterbaffle
  • Hamsterbaffle

Princeps

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:15 PM

This is an unofficial fan forum, and we don't have any more information than what Rockstar has provided publicly. You can read the little information that Rockstar has released at http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire

If you have a real suggestion, they have asked that it be sent to [email protected]

ScruffySean
  • ScruffySean

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:58 PM

Whenever someone kills me and I respawn I tap down to bring up the bigger map and check on the enemy. As I'm doing this I find some cover. If they are in a car and I'm behind something there is no contest. I kill them and hold my ground if they want to be brave and come after me. Eventually they get fed up and bolt. If they are in a tank or using explosives I just bolt. Once I even had to call Lester to get me off the map but I got away.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users