sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Skål, jævler!

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:05 PM

Don't get me wrong, I've got no issue with people who have adequate training and experience with firearms having occasional access by agreement to firearms owned by other people for going to the range ect. I think it should be very much on an individual basis. I think saying "yo, borrow my gun whenever you like" is pretty irresponsible, the same way saying the same about your car can be dangerous. Much more responsible to treatment them like you would the keys to your expensive car in my view.
  • Finn 7 five 11 likes this

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:08 PM

I've never seen a single shred of evidence that mental health in the US is particularly worse than other comparable nations. Oh so it's just crazy people, noting to do with guns? Then why are they using guns instead of say, starting fires? Why aren't these same things happening in Canada and Australia?

The problem is the ease of access for those who are mentally ill.

Yes, making it an issue of firearm policy.

It's also an issue of firearm culture. Americans are religiously obsessed with guns

Yeah. We have it in our Constitution and it's basically inscribed in our DNA.

Max
  • Max

The Port Vila Killa.

• Zaibatsu
  • Vanuatu
  • Contribution Award [Sports]

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:24 PM

I've never seen a single shred of evidence that mental health in the US is particularly worse than other comparable nations. Oh so it's just crazy people, noting to do with guns? Then why are they using guns instead of say, starting fires? Why aren't these same things happening in Canada and Australia?

It's also an issue of firearm culture. Americans are religiously obsessed with guns

And that in some way makes it acceptable and beyond fixing?

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:33 PM

And that in some way makes it acceptable and beyond fixing?

Not at all. I was just giving you a reason as to why we have a firearm culture.

Janky
  • Janky

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:55 PM

I'm going to avoid the whole debating about the gun laws and just say I'm glad no one was injured, besides the shooter. Violence in general is becoming a big problem in the United States. As a volunteer firefighter, we get calls almost every day for a fight or physical domestic violence. Every now and then a weapon finds its way into those situations which makes them ten times worse than they already are. Again, I'm glad to see this shooting end somewhat on a peaceful note. 

Eris
  • Eris

Ghetto Star

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:05 AM

It's currently the most popular way to release years of bottled anger and resentment. It's kinda like the rise of molly, yo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users