Photo

Bounty makes no sense

28 replies to this topic
Termackk
  • Termackk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:26 AM

Bounties: This area is one of the most disappointing in the game. Everything else in the game is so realistic, but to allow players to put bounties on you for no reason is just down right stupid. I be minding my own business, not threatening or bothering anyone and all of a sudden text flash up saying someone put a bounty on me. Now I'm attempting to deliver a car to Simeon, or fleeing police for whatever reason and then I got other assholes f*cking with me to collect a bounty. That's bullsh*t. GTA5 makers could have done better than that with the programming where bounties could only be executed if a player threatened you on some way. Comments please?????

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:00 AM

When glitchers say that what they do doesn't affect anyone else, this is the sort of thing that springs to mind. Not saying all glitchers spend their money on pointless bounties to mess with people but I bet some do...

I'm assuming they're not NPC bounties since they send you a text when they put one on you.
  • Termackk likes this

vashcampbell
  • vashcampbell

Prof Phat Packs

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:07 AM

I understand the NPC bounties, I think they should only come from premium vehicles however, for example if you steal an NPC's Infernus, you get a bounty. I do, on the other hand find it unbelievably dumb that you can get bad sport points while defending yourself with a bounty on your head. What, I'm just supposed to let people kill me? Take off all bad sport points while a bounty is on your head at the very least, or do the right thing: Remove the bad sport system from the game completely.

• Jehannum and Termackk like this

awxb
  • awxb

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:35 AM

You sure the owner of the car you just stole didn't put one on you (npc)? ;)

• Termackk likes this

AiraCobra
  • AiraCobra

ĦĦooɥS ooɥS ǝıqooɥS

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:20 AM

Most of the time the NPC will put a bounty on you, It's rearly I see a player putting a bounty on someone.

I will only put a bounty on someone if they keep killing and stalking me for no reason other wise I don't mess with it, Takes money away from me.

The Bad Sport needs to stay it just needs tweaking that's all.

Most of the people in the bad sport sessions are indeed bad sports and deserve to be there.

• Termackk likes this

Gunslinger_GK
  • Gunslinger_GK

STRR Lieutenant

• Members
  • France

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:19 AM

Each time i get a bounty on my head, i just get to the first payer i see and let him kill me.
I don't want people to blow my car up

• Termackk likes this

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:35 AM Edited by BuyMeTheMoon, 05 November 2013 - 08:39 AM.

Why can't you just kill the NPC you are stealing the car from? In that way you won't get a bounty. The bad sport system needs to stay! No doubt. It maybe need some improvements though.. But no one said that you have to blow up personal vehicles when you have a bounty on you though.

The NPCs send you a text when they put a bounty on you

• Termackk likes this

Termackk
  • Termackk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:36 PM

Oh so the NPC's put the bounty on me for the higher end vehicle???? That's why it come up "UNKNOWN" as to who it came from with a message. I see. Makes sense now. Thank you all for your replies.

• BuyMeTheMoon likes this

razorsharkhead
  • razorsharkhead

Cockstar Employee

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:41 PM

Why can't you just kill the NPC you are stealing the car from? In that way you won't get a bounty. The bad sport system needs to stay! No doubt. It maybe need some improvements though.. But no one said that you have to blow up personal vehicles when you have a bounty on you though.

I stole a car from an NPC and while the car was on top of him killing him, he gave me a bounty.

• Termackk likes this

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:46 PM Edited by BuyMeTheMoon, 05 November 2013 - 12:46 PM.

I stole a car from an NPC and while the car was on top of him killing him, he gave me a bounty.

Yeah, happend to me once or twice too, I think it's a bug and I guess they'll fix it.. but it's probably not the highest priority for them at the moment

• Termackk likes this

Caligastia
  • Caligastia

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:54 PM

Bounties: This area is one of the most disappointing in the game. Everything else in the game is so realistic, but to allow players to put bounties on you for no reason is just down right stupid. I be minding my own business, not threatening or bothering anyone and all of a sudden text flash up saying someone put a bounty on me. Now I'm attempting to deliver a car to Simeon, or fleeing police for whatever reason and then I got other assholes f*cking with me to collect a bounty. That's bullsh*t. GTA5 makers could have done better than that with the programming where bounties could only be executed if a player threatened you on some way. Comments please?????

I love bounties, although I can appreciate hating them.  I like having a bounty and love claiming them.  I am at level 59 however and have quite the arsenal and access to the buzzard, which I feel is crucial to effective hunting.  At lower levels I seldom had bounties placed on me.  I suggest playing in solo rounds until you have a high level, where you can defend effectively against hunting.  After getting the AK I was much better at defending myself against would be attackers.  Also, if you are trying to make some quick cash, don't steal and npc cars, this will often trigger a bounty and it gets progressively larger, 1000 - 9000.  Players can place bounties on you as well.  Even though I hate it when players do this, if it is really getting to you, leave the match and go solo.  48 Minutes later, you will claim the bounty yourself.  I don't think this will ever be "fixed", at least I hope not.  It is my favorite aspect of the game, the most exciting, tracking down a player with a high bounty or running from every white dot on the map is great fun, but if all you have is your pistol, then it is an exercise in futility.  Good luck, I hope that you learn to love this feature as I have.

• Termackk likes this

Caligastia
  • Caligastia

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:56 PM

I have killed the NPC and still gotten a bounty, albeit this has only happened once or twice.

• Termackk likes this

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:58 PM

I have killed the NPC and still gotten a bounty, albeit this has only happened once or twice.

yeah me too.. 

• Termackk likes this

Termackk
  • Termackk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:01 PM

When glitchers say that what they do doesn't affect anyone else, this is the sort of thing that springs to mind. Not saying all glitchers spend their money on pointless bounties to mess with people but I bet some do...

I'm assuming they're not NPC bounties since they send you a text when they put one on you.

Termackk
  • Termackk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:04 PM

I think the messages are NPC's because they're canned messages (usually read the same thing) and it come up "UNKOWN" as to the sender.

Termackk
  • Termackk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:06 PM

I understand the NPC bounties, I think they should only come from premium vehicles however, for example if you steal an NPC's Infernus, you get a bounty. I do, on the other hand find it unbelievably dumb that you can get bad sport points while defending yourself with a bounty on your head. What, I'm just supposed to let people kill me? Take off all bad sport points while a bounty is on your head at the very least, or do the right thing: Remove the bad sport system from the game completely.

Termackk
  • Termackk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:07 PM

I agree

Termackk
  • Termackk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:09 PM

You sure the owner of the car you just stole didn't put one on you (npc)? ;)

Yep. I think that's the part I wasn't getting. Thanks. It makes more sense now.

Termackk
  • Termackk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:11 PM

Most of the time the NPC will put a bounty on you, It's rearly I see a player putting a bounty on someone.

I will only put a bounty on someone if they keep killing and stalking me for no reason other wise I don't mess with it, Takes money away from me.

The Bad Sport needs to stay it just needs tweaking that's all.

Most of the people in the bad sport sessions are indeed bad sports and deserve to be there.

Termackk
  • Termackk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:12 PM

Makes sense now. Thank you very much.

Termackk
  • Termackk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:18 PM

I love bounties, although I can appreciate hating them.  I like having a bounty and love claiming them.  I am at level 59 however and have quite the arsenal and access to the buzzard, which I feel is crucial to effective hunting.  At lower levels I seldom had bounties placed on me.  I suggest playing in solo rounds until you have a high level, where you can defend effectively against hunting.  After getting the AK I was much better at defending myself against would be attackers.  Also, if you are trying to make some quick cash, don't steal and npc cars, this will often trigger a bounty and it gets progressively larger, 1000 - 9000.  Players can place bounties on you as well.  Even though I hate it when players do this, if it is really getting to you, leave the match and go solo.  48 Minutes later, you will claim the bounty yourself.  I don't think this will ever be "fixed", at least I hope not.  It is my favorite aspect of the game, the most exciting, tracking down a player with a high bounty or running from every white dot on the map is great fun, but if all you have is your pistol, then it is an exercise in futility.  Good luck, I hope that you learn to love this feature as I have.

Great input. THANKS FOR THE ADVICE.

• Caligastia likes this

Termackk
  • Termackk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:19 PM

Termackk
  • Termackk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:20 PM

Great input. Thanks for the advice.

AiraCobra
  • AiraCobra

ĦĦooɥS ooɥS ǝıqooɥS

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:24 PM

Apperently bounties don't go away, A bounty I placed on someone two days ago was just now collected.

• Termackk likes this

AiraCobra
  • AiraCobra

ĦĦooɥS ooɥS ǝıqooɥS

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:27 PM

Hey Termack

You can reply in the same box as the quote just put your curser underneath the quote, That a way you don't send 4 empty boxes then your reply

• Termackk likes this

Caligastia
  • Caligastia

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:35 PM

anytime

Termackk
  • Termackk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:16 PM

Hey Termack

You can reply in the same box as the quote just put your curser underneath the quote, That a way you don't send 4 empty boxes then your reply

Cool Thanks

dado123
  • dado123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:33 PM

Dude, if you still kill the NPC a text from, like, the "real" NPC car owner will text you, i don't know why, a bit sh*tty.

Termackk
  • Termackk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:08 PM

Hey Termack

Gotcha....I guess that kinda a clear indication that I'm sorta new at this. Thanks  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users