Photo

Will the weed farm raid respawn...

31 replies to this topic
Hooves07
  • Hooves07

Prankster

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:40 PM

if I delete the current patch. The "random event" like the shoot out at the motel in Blaine Co. respawns. Now when you collect a brief case they never reappear. It was a great place to pick up the muscle car and some some $$.

Now driving around there haven't been ANY random people/event. The weed farm has yet to respawn after my first raid (which I only got 9k for). It's sad but it's only been around 8 weeks and sh*ts boring with nothing left to do. I am wondering if events and raids will come back giving me something to do...

I am playing singleplayer only. I have no intention of touching online at this time. So save the "play online" comments.

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:44 PM

Wondering the same f*cking thing OP. I really loved all those random events. Well now they don't feel random at all, and instead feel like a one time deal per save file.

I can understand things like the No Country for Old Men drug deal or Weed Farm events having say 2 week in-game cooldowns, because they are quite lucrative (not really in the grand scheme of things, but whatever) but honestly I have put probably 10 weeks of in-game time in and none of these unique events have respawned not once.

What's the deal here?

SmokeDat
  • SmokeDat

I ride a Ski-Doo Summit Highmark X 1000 162"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:51 AM

No don't. I believe they fixed it now. Today I was playing my newest start and got to the point where I start playing as Trevor, when I went and raided the farm I only got 4k, was like WTF?? Cuz before was always 40k+, luckily I had saved just before so I loaded real quik and did it again n got just over 10k.

I'm 2-3 days from one week passing and I'm going to go back tonite. I will edit to see if it works again.

Hooves07
  • Hooves07

Prankster

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:58 AM

What's the deal here?

It seems with the patch they removed all the respawning brief cases. This seems to include those events, Motel, No Country for Old Men and Weed Farm.

@Smokedat I can tell you, at least from my experience that it does not respawn. I was going to hold off and wait till the DLC hit to try it, but I may just go ahead and do it. I am not really worried about game performance, my game ran really good with no patches minor pop up and cool lightning bolt effects(just worried about the garage glitch)...(actually I am not because if it creates the ability to do stuff...damn the cars in the garage).

Brief cases will also appear back in the water so there is some incentive to go around underwater again. Afterward a quick stop at the 25k case for a nice bit of change...this has really been the shortest lived GTA to remain in my console ever. 8 weeks and done, really R*?

rojovo74
  • rojovo74

Peon

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:24 AM

I have the guide book, and it states that the weed farm does "business" every couple in-game weeks and that it is available to any of the 3 protags. The take is supposed to be between $40K and $100K each time you raid the farm. However, the guide book is never 100% accurate. I've been trying to get this event to spawn as both Michael and Franklin,and so far I have not been successful. I'll also note that I haven't tried with Trevor yet since I don't have access to him yet, but I have a hunch that this event is only available to Trevor, but I could be wrong lol. There are a few other encounters I can't get to spawn as well. Does anyone know what time frame (in-game) the encounters spawn? Some1 posted a vieo on here showing when they spawn, but thein-game clock isn't visible to see what the actual time is...it only shows daytime or nighttime...or do the encounters spawn after certain main story missions are completed?

Hooves07
  • Hooves07

Prankster

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:48 AM Edited by Hooves07, 05 November 2013 - 02:49 AM.

@rojovo74 I think R* patched it to give less money and be a one shot. People were saying you get a decent take from it. Unfortunatly I patched before I found the farm. I got peanuts $9000...I expected the large payout so when I saw the 9k I just started laughing...R*'s all about the jokes.

Raptomex
  • Raptomex

Listen to Slayer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:58 AM

Yeah, I've been checking each time I play and it never seems to respawn. The game told me once a week.

mariana_dm1989
  • mariana_dm1989

Mari

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:23 AM

it does

rojovo74
  • rojovo74

Peon

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:07 AM

it does

So it does re-spawn? I'm kinda wondering if the random encounters spawn in the same manner that the FIB guys at the satellite dishes do (they only appear from 11A-12P)...I've only seen money trucks during the daytime, which makes sense since I don't believe they make the rounds at night in real life...at least I'VE never seen one of those trucks at night lol.

Hooves07
  • Hooves07

Prankster

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:31 PM

I uninstalled the patch, went to the site nothing. Left waited in game two weeks went back and nothing. So to anyone wondering don't waste your time. I just installed the new patch. would it have killed R* to allow for random raids, bounties...hell anything?

I don't rule out anything so it's possible my game is glitched and preventing it and other random events to respawn...but that's wishful thinking on my part.

Leafy Hollow
  • Leafy Hollow

Chief Marketing Officer for Trevor Phillip's Interprise

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:41 PM

Yes this has happened to me as we'll, was able to raid the farm only once and never again. I believe the No Country for Old Men event was only supposed to happen once.

Hangar18
  • Hangar18

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:01 PM

Guys, I feel your pain. So irritating that rock star has taken away enjoyment like this. I'm just about done with this game as id rather poke needles in my eyes than play online against a bunch of 12 year old brats. Gta is all about single player offline, or should be IMHO.
  • kvic and strakan7 like this

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:09 PM

I just don't get how they could screw up random events so bad after seeing Rockstar San Diego create the almighty Red Dead Redemption. That game got random events down perfect. Sure after 100 hours you could pretty much tell what event you got and it felt semi-scripted, but it was done in such a way that you always got SOMETHING.

Now in GTA V, after doing these interesting unique events, they're just gone forever and you're left with absolutely nothing. Even the few respawning "random" events, ONLY take place in the exact spot each time. So much for random I guess :(

• Official General, Cutter De Blanc and Hooves07 like this

rovert
  • rovert

Los Santos Hobo

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:35 PM

Farmers moved to VC

Luddite
  • Luddite

Ho Rider

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:27 AM

I have no patches and have had no luck with these events respawning. It's been in-game months since I raided the weed farm an it has yet to come back.

The only random event to repeat for me was the cop chasing a guy on foot by the purple dinosaur.

Armored cars have spawned for me at all times of day and night.

OldGamer67
  • OldGamer67

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:19 AM

No problem with armored cars respawning and I'm also fairly certain the "random" events of the purse/wallet snatcher respawn as well. I've tried back at the weed farm a couple times but only Trevor triggered it and only once so far. If it would fix it, I'd gladly delete all patches and deal with the glitchy safehouse garages to get it to respawn.

CanOdope
  • CanOdope

Troll hunter

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:32 AM

I didn't even know about the weed farm raid until now... I was flying around with Trevor, then I got the notification and potleaf icon. I was already in my buzzard at the time, so I wiped em out with a few missiles. I got $64k.

IntoGloryRide
  • IntoGloryRide

Warmonger

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:10 PM

I've been hearing about this event since early on but it seems to be the only part of the game I have yet to trigger in the first place. Pretty sure I've gone to the required area several times but still nothing.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Antarctica

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:31 PM

In each of my saves I've only been able to do it once. Kind of sucks.

clevertrev
  • clevertrev

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:07 PM

seem to remember the weed farm is only available on a Tuesday. could be wrong though.

PedoneRosso
  • PedoneRosso

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:24 PM Edited by PedoneRosso, 09 January 2014 - 04:24 PM.

I never connected my xbox to the net, so I had no patch.

Still that farm is inhabited exclusively by ganja addicted cows since the first and only time I was able to raid it, no matter what day of the week or time of the day it is when I visit the place.

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:56 PM

that feeling you get when realising that the random events in GTAV aren't really random at all.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:19 PM Edited by Official General, 09 January 2014 - 06:20 PM.

that feeling you get when realising that the random events in GTAV aren't really random at all.

That's another thing that disappointed me about GTS V. I just cannot understand why the good random events could only be done once. I just see where the replay value in that is. 

The only one that repeats is that same old, boring "he stole my wallet" scenario - it's so simple and plain. 

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:25 PM

this one time the robbery npc encounter spawned as a dumb blonde chick screaming help that guy stole my wallet! Wtf you doing with a wallet lady?.. and went about my business.

DaltonWilliams123
  • DaltonWilliams123

Welsh Wheelman

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:03 PM

The guide book fails. The Boxville is listed twice. But does the weed farm only respawn during the story?

I Am NADA
  • I Am NADA

Formaldehyde Face

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:16 PM

I've never had the weed farm respawn (and I've tried on several occasions as I wanted to pad Trevor's wallet a little more before doing the assassination missions), however the No Country for Old Men event I've gotten several times in a single playthrough. I also seem to get the "drunk couple who need a ride" event almost every time I pass that place. Rockstar really took a step backwards with the Stranger task compared to RDR.

Also, this is a bit off topic, am I the only one who got $100,000 dollars at the Altruist camp after being held hostage? I read online it's only supposed to be one briefcase with $25,000 in it, but I found four of them there.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

The Killer Hills Killer

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:57 PM

I didn't raid the farm when I had the opportunity (I was en route elsewhere) and it has never reappeared for me. 

Also literally NO random events ever happen for me anymore. Even the ones I haven't "completed."  

itinerantchild
  • itinerantchild

I'm not your effing scooter brother!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:46 PM Edited by itinerantchild, 28 February 2014 - 08:49 PM.

if I delete the current patch. The "random event" like the shoot out at the motel in Blaine Co. respawns. Now when you collect a brief case they never reappear. It was a great place to pick up the muscle car and some some $$.

Now driving around there haven't been ANY random people/event. The weed farm has yet to respawn after my first raid (which I only got 9k for). It's sad but it's only been around 8 weeks and sh*ts boring with nothing left to do. I am wondering if events and raids will come back giving me something to do...

I am playing singleplayer only. I have no intention of touching online at this time. So save the "play online" comments.

Tuesdays only.

Trevor only.

During daylight only.

NO shortcuts on the way there, you MUST drive around the entire dirt road.

if I delete the current patch....

Tuesdays only...

CORRECTION:  This is the info I have, unproven (I sounded a bit too certain there for me). Trying it now.

------

EDit. Delete double quote :)

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:54 PM

Actually, I just got done doing the farm raid on an older save, and it's Monday in-game. I don't think it's a specific day, but it definitely needs to be Trevor during daylight hours.

• itinerantchild likes this

itinerantchild
  • itinerantchild

I'm not your effing scooter brother!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:50 PM

It appears it's not a specific day the first time you do it but susequent visits have to be on the same day each week (or each visit). BTW, I got a measly 3 grand for it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users