» «
Photo

f*ck da police!

23 replies to this topic
BigJules
  • BigJules

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:05 PM Edited by BigJules, 04 November 2013 - 10:10 PM.

Seriously dude, i don't know what to f*cking say... Honestly, the story is pissing me of! Since i beat the game a long time ago, and almost played all the strangers and freaks, i'm one of those guys WHO want to play like it's Real life, you know like riding your Nice car Down to the Beach and enjoy the sunset and maybe saill my boat, or maybe just take a walk with chop, and i know a lot of u guys Will just say that i should get a life, but it's kinda different in the gta world (plus i don't have that much money)
But my point is that a lot of these stuff is almost like impossible to do, because it takes absolutely notning to freak People out in the streets, i mean you can just walk over to some guy and stare at him in maybe 1 sec and everybody just starts running and screaming?! and also the other day i just accidently Walked into a random guy in a clothing store, and suddently out nowhere i had like 3 stars and gunned down by 5 police men - WTF!

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:02 PM

You must be playing as Franklin.

The LS police are notorious for racial profiling :panic:

PlanetaryUnfolding
  • PlanetaryUnfolding

atlas novus

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:41 PM

Seriously dude, i don't know what to f*cking say... Honestly, the story is pissing me of! Since i beat the game a long time ago, and almost played all the strangers and freaks, i'm one of those guys WHO want to play like it's Real life, you know like riding your Nice car Down to the Beach and enjoy the sunset and maybe saill my boat, or maybe just take a walk with chop, and i know a lot of u guys Will just say that i should get a life, but it's kinda different in the gta world (plus i don't have that much money)
But my point is that a lot of these stuff is almost like impossible to do, because it takes absolutely notning to freak People out in the streets, i mean you can just walk over to some guy and stare at him in maybe 1 sec and everybody just starts running and screaming?! and also the other day i just accidently Walked into a random guy in a clothing store, and suddently out nowhere i had like 3 stars and gunned down by 5 police men - WTF!

you are 100% making up that sh*t about getting 3 stars and gunned down for just running into someone. i run all around los santos, running into people on purpose(since theres no push option like in IV) and that never happens. MAYBE, if im unlucky ill get one star if someone decides to call the cops. and ive never gotten any stars for just staring at someone, or caused them to run away and scream. yeah if i stare at them with my gun that might happen. you're obviously way over exaggerating. 

BigJules
  • BigJules

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:59 AM Edited by BigJules, 05 November 2013 - 12:27 PM.

you are 100% making up that sh*t about getting 3 stars and gunned down for just running into someone. i run all around los santos, running into people on purpose(since theres no push option like in IV) and that never happens. MAYBE, if im unlucky ill get one star if someone decides to call the cops. and ive never gotten any stars for just staring at someone, or caused them to run away and scream. yeah if i stare at them with my gun that might happen. you're obviously way over exaggerating.
[/quote]

Nah i'm not over exaggerating it really happend. Just because you didn't experience the same thing, doesn't mean i made it up. I accidently walked to this mexican guy in the suburban store, and he was like "hey Holmes you're gonna regret this!" And already there i Got 2 stars, then i had to flee on my new fully pimped bike, which i didn't want to brake and because of that i had to drive away from the cops in like 20 km/h. suddently one of the Cops drove into a wall and it f*cking exploded! And because of that i Got 3 stars... No i'm not over exaggerating!!
  • NegimaDude likes this

Miss Manuela 87
  • Miss Manuela 87

GTA 5 is so cool

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:58 AM

hahahaha

the_samich
  • the_samich

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:02 PM

That's funny, when I started reading this I thought "Holmes, you gonna regret this"

JustOneMonth
  • JustOneMonth

Griefer? Better Call Saul!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:48 PM

I'm one of those guys WHO want to play like it's Real life.

Turn HUD off.

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:44 PM

...i'm one of those guys WHO want to play like it's Real life, you know like riding your Nice car Down to the Beach and enjoy the sunset and maybe saill my boat, or maybe just take a walk with chop, and i know a lot of u guys Will just say that i should get a life...

Get a life...

...sounds like you should be playing The Sims and not GTA then

SomeBoredDude
  • SomeBoredDude

Long Live The CNW!

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:56 PM

Or move to Compton,CA for GTA Real Life.

Andy_lattermen
  • Andy_lattermen

Shot Caller

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:38 PM

racial for sure

FANTOMTRON
  • FANTOMTRON

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:22 PM

The police in V are annoying. You can't have a good old fashion shoot out in V without getting V stars. I rolled up on some ballas and there was a whole bunch of enamy reds on the redar. All the ballas came shooting at me and I shot back. All of a sudden the stupid police come and ruin the fun. Iinsted having fun with a good old fashion shoot out, I'm trying to loose the wanted stars -_-. You get wanted too easily.

• don ovdi' island likes this

KeepCalm and CarryGun
  • KeepCalm and CarryGun

Falling Outside The Normal Moral Constraints

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:56 PM

The police in V are certainly different from IV, and agreed, its a lot easier to get one star wanted. I remember early in my game, I nearly whacked my ride into a whole queue at a nightclub, but hit nothing, some ran, the others started filming me on their phones, I could hear things like 'I'm gonna call the 5-O' etc. Next thing - one star wanted. Boo.

It works both ways though, you very rarely get any police attention for jacking cars in V, mainly due to reduced police presence. There are times you get one star, if there are a lot of pedestrians about, but its rare. I was surprised earlier today, jacked this sweet Infernus near Franklin's new house, and instantly got one star, first time since playing V. (Though in this case the police were chasing someone else, and right behind me, my bad timing was to blame, should check my 6)

Can you remember waiting to jack a decent car in IV? Then seeing the row of police behind it in Algonquin?

• don ovdi' island and RememberToTaper like this

BigJules
  • BigJules

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:08 PM

...i'm one of those guys WHO want to play like it's Real life, you know like riding your Nice car Down to the Beach and enjoy the sunset and maybe saill my boat, or maybe just take a walk with chop, and i know a lot of u guys Will just say that i should get a life...

Get a life...

Haha I've actually tried The Sims once, but I got bored trying to be a player when you'd had to act like you were in a love novel every time you wanted to get laid.. :wtf: 

RememberToTaper
  • RememberToTaper

PUSH through the BURN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:21 PM Edited by RememberToTaper, 07 November 2013 - 08:22 PM.

The police in V are certainly different from IV, and agreed, its a lot easier to get one star wanted. I remember early in my game, I nearly whacked my ride into a whole queue at a nightclub, but hit nothing, some ran, the others started filming me on their phones, I could hear things like 'I'm gonna call the 5-O' etc. Next thing - one star wanted. Boo.

It works both ways though, you very rarely get any police attention for jacking cars in V, mainly due to reduced police presence. There are times you get one star, if there are a lot of pedestrians about, but its rare. I was surprised earlier today, jacked this sweet Infernus near Franklin's new house, and instantly got one star, first time since playing V. (Though in this case the police were chasing someone else, and right behind me, my bad timing was to blame, should check my 6)

Can you remember waiting to jack a decent car in IV? Then seeing the row of police behind it in Algonquin?

Very good point. I think we might be taking for granted the amount of stuff we get away with too.

So while we do get a Wanted star fast (usually it's the second pedestrian you hurt or kill....the first one is "on the house" lol), we do lots of crazy stuff that gets a pass too.

In real life if you did half the things your character did, there'd be an unrelenting manhunt for him and news of a psycho murderer in the city.

But in GTA V, you can jack 20 cars, snipe people, knife people, melee 15 bodybuilders and run around, grenade and pour gasoline....and you'll still be able to drive home and relax that day as long as you lose the stars (which takes a while but is actually easy if you know to move far away from area of crime and hide behind a wall or dumpster).

TXF
  • TXF

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:30 PM Edited by TXF, 07 November 2013 - 08:35 PM.

I'll admit, you get a wanted level a bit too easily. It doesn't make the game that much less fun for me, but it is still a bit too easy.

The game is GTA..You should at least be given a little room to screw around without instant wanted levels. I should be able to knock out a few people before I get a wanted level, but I'll get attacked, fight back, and I still end up with 1 star..then I run and end up with a second star a lot.

The game is still a lot of fun, I just think they should have made the cops a bit more lenient on the smaller stuff.

I think one of the big issues, is that there's this whole system set up to mimic real life. Where, if you commit a crime, and pedestrians see it, they may call the cops. Or if you annoy someone, they may call the cops. The problem with this is, that they didn't make it easy to understand. Like there's nothing on the map to show where the people that might cause trouble are. In RDR you could at least see the people that'd be running to warn the sheriff, and you could chase them down. In GTAV, there's no early warning system other than the occasional "I'm gonna call the cops" from a pedestrian.

Then again, the whole, silently killing someone with NO one around out in the woods, and instantly getting a wanted level, gets a bit annoying.

iNeedBoost
  • iNeedBoost

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:28 PM

It's true, if you stand next to someone, unarmed even, and they don't like you (doesn't have to be gang, any random ped) they will either walk away concerned or call the cops, happens to me ALL THE TIME!!! on any of the characters. I was sitting in a range rover pulled off to the side in a curb cut out parking space on one of the major streets just chillin while i was texting my friend, and this random ped from behind me begins walking past my car on the sidewalk, stops, turns towards me and says this "Whoa bro! you better chill out!".... wtf?!!! i wasn't finished with my text so i ignored him he then says "Thats it i'm callin the cops!" what do you know i have a wanted level now for just chillin in a parking space! This is true story btw! it then escalated into me running from a 3 star wanted level because my steering got smashed by a suicidal cop cruiser, barreling at me at top speed in an alley way... great! now i have to kill these cops so i can leave the alley alive! i booked it out of the alley grabbed stole a random sedan and continued my chase... why did all of this happen? oh yea because some stoner creep raged at my parked car... 

Problem with cops list!:
1) Suicidal cop cars (the ones that drive at top speed into your car from the opposite direction because you didn't pay your taxi fair!)
2) Wanted for stupid Sh*t (That's right, if you don't have enough money to pay your taxi ride you will have a 1 star wanted level when you reach your destination...)
3) Suicidal Police choppers! (Yay! they're back, this time with 2 Aholes shooting AR's at you, woooot! Time to fly my heli-craft right into yours!)
4) Magic helicopter spawns (Out in the middle of the ocean, 2 choppers spawn behind me from the ocean side? Oh i get it! There's a void dimensional slip space between the police HQ and the middle of the ocean... makes sense to me!
5) Inaccurate/inconsistent wanted level (I shoot a cop in the face BOOOOM!!!! 3 stars. I allow a full sized comercial airliner to crash land in the middle of vinewood hills loaded with sticky bombs! I will for sure be #1 on Los Santos wanted list! nope... 1 star? that's cool.
!!Last but not least!!
6) Aim Botting cops... (love getting sniped dead in the face with full health, at top speed, in my fully modified corvette, on the freeway, by a cop standing with a road block. Oh yea i'm dead alright! all i hear is "pink" right through my window with full health, at top speed! Damn! he should be MLG Pro for that sh*t!!!!

As for people calling the cops on you... This is LA and that's sadly realistic! ever been to LA? You don't talk to people on the streets. They are rude or creeped out when you talk to them. You stare at your phone or look away when people pass by... unlike most states where people are friendly to people passing by on the street.

namor
  • namor

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:15 AM

Problem with cops list!:
1) Suicidal cop cars (the ones that drive at top speed into your car from the opposite direction because you didn't pay your taxi fair!)
2) Wanted for stupid Sh*t (That's right, if you don't have enough money to pay your taxi ride you will have a 1 star wanted level when you reach your destination...)
3) Suicidal Police choppers! (Yay! they're back, this time with 2 Aholes shooting AR's at you, woooot! Time to fly my heli-craft right into yours!)
4) Magic helicopter spawns (Out in the middle of the ocean, 2 choppers spawn behind me from the ocean side? Oh i get it! There's a void dimensional slip space between the police HQ and the middle of the ocean... makes sense to me!
5) Inaccurate/inconsistent wanted level (I shoot a cop in the face BOOOOM!!!! 3 stars. I allow a full sized comercial airliner to crash land in the middle of vinewood hills loaded with sticky bombs! I will for sure be #1 on Los Santos wanted list! nope... 1 star? that's cool.
!!Last but not least!!
6) Aim Botting cops... (love getting sniped dead in the face with full health, at top speed, in my fully modified corvette, on the freeway, by a cop standing with a road block. Oh yea i'm dead alright! all i hear is "pink" right through my window with full health, at top speed! Damn! he should be MLG Pro for that sh*t!!!!

You've just summed up everything that's broken with the police AI and wanted system. I should add one more to your list:

7) You are flying an aeroplane/helicopter which is legally bought at the maximum altitude and wish to do a spot of skydiving. The moment you land on the ground, you're slapped with a two-star wanted level and cops shooting at you from all directions. What's even more horrific is that if you sky dive far out over the ocean, you will still get slapped with the wanted level !!!!!!!!

NegimaDude
  • NegimaDude

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:24 AM

He's not making it up because i to had a problem like this before i was playing as Franklin and shopping at the suburban on tumash and i went to buy a jacket in front of a civilian who didn't look like he was purchasing anything so once i stopped to buy a jacket he said whatever then so i minded my own business choosing what jacket to get then he said Hey I'll call the cops on you then so he did but i couldn't kill him in the store because the clerk would've sound the alarm and the cops would've been on their way either way so the ped walked fast out the shop thinking he can get away from me so i waited till he got outside to shoot him, and the cops want to kill franklin just for trying out different jackets in front of a civilian.

I hate the cops on this game and the peds of course this isn't the first time i had some ped call the cops on me for no reason. and it's worse when you're playing as Trevor because civilians insult you for no reason

RedwolfPsx
  • RedwolfPsx

Hidden

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:17 AM Edited by RedwolfPsx, 29 November 2013 - 10:44 AM.

It's always funny how people always expect miracles from others (Rockstar), when they struggle with basic functions like writing a decent text themselves.

namor
  • namor

Trick

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:29 PM

Problem with cops list!:
!!Last but not least!!

You've just summed up everything that's broken with the police AI and wanted system. I should add one more to your list:

7) You are flying an aeroplane/helicopter which is legally bought at the maximum altitude and wish to do a spot of skydiving. The moment you land on the ground, you're slapped with a two-star wanted level and cops shooting at you from all directions. What's even more horrific is that if you sky dive far out over the ocean, you will still get slapped with the wanted level !!!!!!!!

8) This is getting bloody ridiculous. Michael is scuba diving some way off the shore and a shark begins that awful circling before lunging at its prey and having an early lunch. Fortunately, Michael has a dagger and with a few slashes the shark is dead. Michael gets a one star wanted level for this - deep under the water, far off the coast and he gets a one-star?! I know sharks are supposed to be a protected species (some varieties, anyway), but you've got to be effing kidding me!

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:35 PM

The AI is flawed. That's why.

ExitiumMachina
  • ExitiumMachina

What?

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:22 AM

I enjoy it, personally...Even in its infuriating, throw the controller at the wall, base mechanic; it is actually quite realistic.

I just take care when I'm out and about in the new San Andreas, and only once in awhile go on massive crime sprees to attempt to flea (Which almost always ends with me far out in the middle of the ocean).

astro2
  • astro2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:18 PM Edited by astro2, 03 December 2013 - 12:26 PM.

Get a life...

maybe you should get a life and stop antagonising people to get them to flame retard, so people can't complain about stuff? you gonna cry because a stranger made fun of your video game? *sob* lol

sounds like you should' be playing with yourself not gta since you're such a jerk off

JoeMamma
  • JoeMamma

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:44 PM

Yeah, I had to join for this one (thought I joined the forums awhile ago - guess not?):

I was driving around one time when I heard sirens behind me...one of those notorious LSPD Police chases!  So, being the nice guy that I am, I helped out the cops by ramming the car they were chasing off the road, and a gun fight ensued.  I've been caught in this before - knew not to start shooting the guys shooting the cops, or I'll get a wanted level and the cops will start shooting at me (for attempting to shoot the people shooting at the cops - really??!), so I let the bad guys shoot and kill the cops.  So, in turn, I shoot and kill the cop killers after they killed the two cops.  BAM!  Instant two-star wanted level for me!  Don't you think they'd want cop killers off the street??

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users