Military behavior

14 replies to this topic
Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Dealux (Πvar.ΣΓ01122599)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:47 PM

What is with the military in this game? I mean the guys at the army base. They shoot civilians if they drive in front of the base (which is kind of funny), and they also shoot you even if you are on foot near the entrance.

Does the army not shoot at you if you complete the game 100%? I landed a Police Maverick at their base to get the Hunter, and surprisingly they didn't attack me when I got out of the helicopter or when I took off in the Hunter. I was wearing the "Mr. Vercetti" outfit. I don't think that one makes them neutral (only the cop outfit does that as far as I know).

Do they not shoot you if you arrive in a police vehicle (Police Maverick included)? Does it matter what clothes you wear then as long as you drive a police vehicle?

Silent
  • Silent

Chief Fixing Officer

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Script/Plugin 2014 [SilentPatch]
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Best Vehicle 2013 [III Aircraft]
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:27 PM Edited by SilentPL, 04 November 2013 - 10:30 PM.

They're a gang, that's why they shoot civilians :p

EDIT:
The only vehicle which seems to make them neutral towards player is Hunter. For some reason they become neutral when you're within some coordinates, no idea what area it can be.

TonyMontanaCDL
  • TonyMontanaCDL

Snitch

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:13 AM

I was collecting hidden packages one time and ran past the base, and BOOM they all opened fire, nearly killed me. Yes it is hilarious watching them shoot civilians. Be careful doing that rampage around there, they are bad news.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Dealux (Πvar.ΣΓ01122599)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:46 PM Edited by Criѕtian, 05 November 2013 - 06:47 PM.

The only vehicle which seems to make them neutral towards player is Hunter. For some reason they become neutral when you're within some coordinates, no idea what area it can be.

Even before entering it? Or do you mean after you enter the Hunter they become neutral? I just landed a Police Maverick there in the beginning of the game and they didn't shoot me even when I got out. I flew over them and they started shooting. I guess they feel threatened.

I was collecting hidden packages one time and ran past the base, and BOOM they all opened fire, nearly killed me. Yes it is hilarious watching them shoot civilians. Be careful doing that rampage around there, they are bad news.

I accidentally bought the German version of the game and that one didn't have any rampages. I completed it 100% still because I was too far into it when I realized. I'm going to play the regular version (that has the rampages) again after I finish my 100% playthrough of GTA III.

I seem to remember that the rampages in Vice City were easier than in III.

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

♪ Anything 80's ♫

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award
    Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:42 PM

I remember them as being easier, too. I think. At least they don't change location if you fail them.

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:33 AM

Here's what baffles me: If you kill more of the military than the other gangs, the Street-wannabes will be listed as your LFG gang. What the heck? If you attack them in the police uniform, they will shoot, unless you use one of the sniper rifles.

Wow, Criѕtian, I'm surprised to see you discussing a GTA game, rather than posting in general chat, for once.

markusizr
  • markusizr

:)

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:25 AM

first time when i was without copsuit and soliders become shoot PIG'S

later they start to shoot me and i run as i could but i almost died i have 002 health left 

and so i survied

and yes soliders can even kill you without copsuit when you enter their base or even PIGs can be on base too

TonyMontanaCDL
  • TonyMontanaCDL

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:17 PM

Here's what baffles me: If you kill more of the military than the other gangs, the Street-wannabes will be listed as your LFG gang. What the heck? If you attack them in the police uniform, they will shoot, unless you use one of the sniper rifles.

Wow, Criѕtian, I'm surprised to see you discussing a GTA game, rather than posting in general chat, for once.

Military is listed as Street wannabes as a gang in the game's files.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Dealux (Πvar.ΣΓ01122599)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:30 PM

What the hell are street wannabes anyway? Is it those guys that steal cars and rob people? Or is it that gang on Prawn Island?

I mostly post in the GTA III subforum, but I recently played Vice City again.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Drunk on Power

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:17 PM

I think its the gang that hangs around the Mall

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

♪ Anything 80's ♫

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award
    Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:53 PM

Yes. they have sharks printed on the back of their clothes so I've always known them as the Sharks, but now that you say so I'm not sure what the official name of them is.

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:44 PM Edited by King Andreas, 20 November 2013 - 02:45 PM.

180px-Streetwannabe%27s_%28GTAVC%29.jpg

Yes, these guys. Killing more of them and the military (the Forelli mobsters too, apparently) than any other gang will result in "street-wannabes" being listed as your LFG (least favorite gang). Verify for yourself, if you don't believe me.

Darth_Starkiller
  • Darth_Starkiller

Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:06 AM

Yes. they have sharks printed on the back of their clothes so I've always known them as the Sharks, but now that you say so I'm not sure what the official name of them is.

In fact, their official name is the Sharks, as pointed out in VCS.

TonyMontanaCDL
  • TonyMontanaCDL

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:46 AM

The Sharks are a major pain in the ass when you play VCS.

Mukaparska
  • Mukaparska

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:07 PM

They won't shoot you if you have the police uniform. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users