Quantcast

» «
Photo

How do you organize your music collection?

4 replies to this topic
Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Your self proclaimed GTA forums DJ!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:55 PM

I'm a little OCD when it comes to organization I organize my music collection by Genre, Then by artists name in alphabetical order.
How do you organize your collection?

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Dealux (ΣΓ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:25 PM Edited by Criѕtian, 04 November 2013 - 09:26 PM.

It would be impossible for me to organize it by genre, and also kind of pointless. On my computer, I make folders for each artist, and then other folders inside for each album\single\EP\ectc. I generally only listen to music by artist, and whole albums too. Very rarely do I listen to it by genre (this only happens with Chiptune since it's free most of the time and there's tons of it not released on albums, but individually as tracks).

Edit: Yeah, I don't own any music CDs (I have two LPs though). Most of the stuff I bought is from Bandcamp.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Contribution Award [Gen Chat]

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:21 AM

Edit: Yeah, I don't own any music CDs (I have two LPs though). Most of the stuff I bought is from Bandcamp.

:cry: now I feel old.

I'm all sorts of odd school.  Some of that might be due to the fact that most of my collection is still on physical media.

Both physical and digital are organized alphabetically by band/artist name.  Simple and easy to find.  No need to go all granular since I know what genre the band/artist is.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:28 AM

I order it by albums and sometimes by artist, when I just have a few songs of different albums, and then, the machine puts them alphabetically.

By other hand, my parents' vinyls are (or were...) ordered by alphabetical order  :)

headmetalbanger
  • headmetalbanger

?

• BUSTED!
  • Unknown

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:33 PM

I order it by albums, I only listen complete albums like too much, so they never boring me and a listen many times.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users