Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:23 AM

Damn, I knew about the UVB 76 signal "The Buzzer" in Russia, which sometimes broadcats strange voice messages but I didn't know they were that popular... I like UT's idea :p

I love number stations, including all that paranormal stuff. If you want paranormal references, I'm your guy :)

Hell, if you're gonna go with the idea, I could voice the number station. I mean, I've got such a monotone, repetitive, dull voice, so it'll be perfect!

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:35 AM

Haha, that would be awesome. It would definitely give the map such a creepy and mysterious atmosphere!
  • universetwisters likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:43 AM

Haha, that would be awesome. It would definitely give the map such a creepy and mysterious atmosphere!

Totally!

Problem is, the base looks a tad bit small, so unless there's an underground portion that we don't know about, there's not much you could do with it. One of the screenshots shows some garage doors though, so perhaps those could be used to house military vehicles? I can imagine some could be ported from V, albeit with changes (such as arctic/forest camo for the crusader & the rhino, etc.). I'm not sure how many vehicles you can fit in a base that size, though.

Also, i can see you've got a radome at the base, so I'm guessing the base was used to detect invaders, adding to it's secrecy?

Bromma_Radome.jpg

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:52 PM

I like your idea's guys, that is my goal however to get much mystery and fear factor into this map. And, well ofcourse there will be underground  :lol: i might have told that there is a big tunnel system inside the mountain with various caves that will be connected to each other with mine, construction tunnel and military science facility. I'll show some screens once i've continued with it, for now i'm busy with farm area..

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:55 PM

I didn't know you were gonna have a farm. I'm guessing it's gonna be like what's in North Yankton, with snowed-out corn rows?

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:26 PM Edited by stilldre, 29 December 2013 - 07:06 PM.

I didn't know you were gonna have a farm. I'm guessing it's gonna be like what's in North Yankton, with snowed-out corn rows?

Well every village haves something as main productivity, one in previous screens haves a sawmill so that place will be with many logs etc.
The farm will be more like in North Yankton yes, elevated farm fields, landslides, thick snow bushes and that farm house from RDR.
Also there will be some inbetween'ers, like old ruins, castle and all that..

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:39 PM

Well every village haves something as main productivity, one in previous screens haves a sawmill so that place will be with many logs etc.
The farm will be more like in North Yankton yes, elevated farm fields, landslides, thick snow bushes and that farm house from RDR.
Also there will be some inbetween'ers, like old ruins, castle and all that..

A castle? Assuming the map takes place in America (judging by the architecture), I haven't seen many castles. Of course, you've got your huge mansions and old revolutionary war forts, but I haven't really seen an old medieval-style castle.

On another note, it should be fun driving up & down the empty field rows in a dirtbike :D

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:26 PM Edited by stilldre, 26 December 2013 - 02:14 PM.

Merry Christmas & Happy Upcoming New '14 everyone  :santa:
My main website got a new skin and colors, check it out: http://stilldrepro.w...ldreproductions
Also i have a new screen of the farm area for today, thanks to R* and some brains on the forums i was able to export GTA V buildings from North Yankton!

1522707_579058045498115_1589355039_o.jpg

A castle? Assuming the map takes place in America (judging by the architecture), I haven't seen many castles. Of course, you've got your huge mansions and old revolutionary war forts, but I haven't really seen an old medieval-style castle.

On another note, it should be fun driving up & down the empty field rows in a dirtbike :D

Well you could also see it as old farm house, cause it doesn't look much of a castle cause it's a ruin  :lol:

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:02 PM

^ I never saw a house being formally refered to as a "castle", but hell, it must be unique :)

Props on converting North Yankton's buildings. Will there be more converted, or will those just be the only ones?

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:18 PM

Props on converting North Yankton's buildings. Will there be more converted, or will those just be the only ones?

Perhaps, but i've searched only for snowy ones. Also some props from fields like thick bushes, haybale's, farm equipment etc.
Few models however didn't exported well cause of tools being in beta state. But time would tell, maybe i'll add more  :^:

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Phill Bellic. The Universal L.E.O.

• Members
  • Australia
  • Worst Bellic [All Time]

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:27 PM

This map looks spooky. In a good way of course. :)

• stilldre likes this

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:41 PM

Maybe you can also convert one of the crashed airplanes of GTA V (the ones under water) and scatter the parts around a hill or something like that...

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 26 December 2013 - 11:32 PM

Maybe you can also convert one of the crashed airplanes of GTA V (the ones under water) and scatter the parts around a hill or something like that...

There'd also have to be an indent in the hill. wouldn't there? Not to mention some of the snow burnt away (but then again, the snow could've fallen again)

asiana+plane+aerial.JPG

steel89ita
  • steel89ita

Map Designer

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:42 PM

Wow Stilldre, that's great!  :wtf:

But sincerely, I can't really imagine how you model all those objects..

Do you use free objects or what?

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 01:27 PM Edited by stilldre, 28 December 2013 - 11:04 PM.

Yes i've found it, but this plane doesn't look like it's just recently crashed. It lays under water for a time and i've no place either to put this big cargo plane somewhere on the map  :lol:

maybe later when i try to expand the islands..

Wow Stilldre, that's great!  :wtf:

But sincerely, I can't really imagine how you model all those objects..

Do you use free objects or what?

Thank you, well the part of it are free models, some i've made myself, some of them are from IV ( just a bit retextured/re-edited ) and few are now coming from V North Yankton ( they needs some work aswell, since some of them missing back of the model.. )

simstosh
  • simstosh

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 05:21 AM

So... Awesome... Just that...

Just some little questions (curiosity):

What exactly you do in Cityscape? You made the heightmap in the WM and inside of the Cityscape you can import this heightmap and "manage" him?

You do the roads (the creation and "smoothing the road" at the terrain) inside of the Cityscape? And the prop management (buildings)? You made this inside of the Cityscape or you do this after exporting from Cityscape to 3DS Max?

I'm curious because the map (all of your maps) in general is incredible and unbelievable... :O

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 02:31 PM

So... Awesome... Just that...

Just some little questions (curiosity):

What exactly you do in Cityscape? You made the heightmap in the WM and inside of the Cityscape you can import this heightmap and "manage" him?

You do the roads (the creation and "smoothing the road" at the terrain) inside of the Cityscape? And the prop management (buildings)? You made this inside of the Cityscape or you do this after exporting from Cityscape to 3DS Max?

I'm curious because the map (all of your maps) in general is incredible and unbelievable... :O

Thanks and yes i do create first heightmap in the World Machine. Than import it to Cityscape and do all main stuff like adding roads, tunnels, add few changes into terrain to make it more realistic/or just make empty spots for your future buildings, few props like electric line network. After i think it's good to import into 3ds max, i start making room for houses and edit terrain a bit. The rest as props and vegetation is for later.. You can also check one of my tutorial 've made time ago: https://www.youtube....h?v=OWWZ3iYVZvI

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:23 AM

Hey stilldre, three things:

1. How big is the map going to be? Will it still be around the size of Bohan, or has the original size been expanded?

2. What else have you taken from North Yankton to include in the mod?

3. If you need any map testers, let me know, I'll be more than happy to test it for you :)

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:14 PM

Almost new year!  :D And i have a new screen from the cave's inside the mountain, this is right bellow the military science facility..

856276_581624441908142_1223570221_o.jpg

1. How big is the map going to be? Will it still be around the size of Bohan, or has the original size been expanded?

2. What else have you taken from North Yankton to include in the mod?

3. If you need any map testers, let me know, I'll be more than happy to test it for you :)

Yes it's around the size of the upper north island of LC, the ice around map make the map a bit bigger but it's still about the same size.
Well i've taken the church, graves, few town buildings etc. and the map isn't finished yet so there isn't any beta planning soon. Just stick around, things might change  :^:

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:45 PM

^ Sounds splendid :)

If you took the theater model (and this is an "if" question), will you change the movie list, or keep it as-is? If you change the list, you can make references to snowy zombie movies! :D

IIZACHARIAHII
  • IIZACHARIAHII

The Unprofessional Professional :P

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:26 AM

It is Possible to make textures Glow (light up)?

I need to do this for my volcano map, i want to add lava if it's Possible then it would look amazing :D

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:34 PM Edited by stilldre, 03 January 2014 - 01:38 PM.

Sounds splendid :)

If you took the theater model (and this is an "if" question), will you change the movie list, or keep it as-is? If you change the list, you can make references to snowy zombie movies! :D

I allready have a theater/bank from IV, but good idea!

It is Possible to make textures Glow (light up)?

I need to do this for my volcano map, i want to add lava if it's Possible then it would look amazing :D

Yes it's possible, just import with Gims 'autoeroticar showroom' from NewJersey. Those letters have a neon'ish light, if you increase it you'll get more light of it..
I'll also use it for the ice around the map, so it would glow blue in dark  :lol:

aleex96
  • aleex96

Peon

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:41 PM

This mod is amaizing  :blink:

• stilldre likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:16 PM

Sounds splendid :)

I allready have a theater/bank from IV, but good idea!

Super cool!

Will they be parody movies or real movies, if you are gonna change them?

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:44 PM Edited by stilldre, 08 January 2014 - 03:44 PM.

Hi, as i'm still working on the map and texturing props atm. I was looking for some good names for the State, Town and Villages in Rockstar kinda way ( example: New York State > North Yankton, New York City > Liberty City )
Now i hope some of you could come up with some good and a bit scary names in the area of Canadian/American Rockies. Just type it in comment section and incase if your names are being picked, you might can get into beta version soon to help test out the latest map: Northern Nightmare!

Super cool!

Will they be parody movies or real movies, if you are gonna change them?

Yes i'll do some parody movies, also some old billboards like: I still believe in global warming, Do you? and Umbrella kinda corp that caused the zombie outbreak: Genesis, Building the brighter future!

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:33 PM

Now i hope some of you could come up with some good and a bit scary names in the area of Canadian/American Rockies. Just type it in comment section and incase if your names are being picked, you might can get into beta version soon to help test out the latest map: Northern Nightmare!

Fort Ward?

Mount Leonard?

=T.A=
  • =T.A=

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:42 AM

I have some

- Mount Robson
- Mount temple
- Mount Hungabee
- Mount Whyte
- Mount St. Piran
- Johnston canyon
Do you like it ?

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:56 AM Edited by RoadRunner71, 09 January 2014 - 12:56 AM.

Shawnshank Ridge <---- Nobody will notice the movie reference.

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:15 PM

Good that some of you trying to find names, cause isn't that simple to make the map even more special with even tiny details. But still i need like 3 or 4 names for villages, 1 for town and 1 for state.

Also new screens will come this weekend of the Construction Tunnel and Mine Shaft  :^:

Fort Ward?

Mount Leonard?

Hm, not really what i was looking for  :monocle:

I have some..
Do you like it ?

Not really, but nice try with more than few names. Just try to look more at the map screens, maybe you find something fitting for it  :^: cayse few were like from outta nowhere: Canyon, Temple?!

Shawnshank Ridge <---- Nobody will notice the movie reference.

I like the word Ridge, maybe something like Rocky Twin Ridge for mountains..

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:08 PM

This looks neat. It would be cool to see this combined with North Yankton.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users