Photo

turn radar and HUD off!

32 replies to this topic
Argon
  • Argon

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:08 PM

I hadn't noticed the decrease of cops (I'm not entirely sure it's true), but I've been playing without HUD and mini-map for a week now, and it is WAY more fun. Not because it is harder, but you're actually spending time getting to know a neighbourhood, a building, a street, a landmark, instead of focussing on how it looks topdown. Well, that might be personal but I noticed that I'm always looking at the mini-map instead of the actual game. You'll be surprised how much cool stuff you miss that way.

(Also disabled auto-aim, which makes headshot wayyy more satisfying).

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

I thought I would only need this meme for a few weeks...or so

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:20 PM

Ironically, I find myself using the HUD / radar more than looking up at the beautiful scenery.  So GTAV  could probably be replaced with a handheld LCD game with moving dots on it.  :/

But the nature of the game (always trying to get away from something or chase something) leads to this HUD dependence. 

Someday when I am through grinding in GTA0 for levels and cash, I will take the time so slow down and smell the virtual roses. :rol:

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

/ / / / / AMG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:59 PM

I tried doing this for two days and it was interesting. I just cruised around following the road rules with the HUD off. It isn't hard to to drive around anywhere without the HUD but it does make me feel much more immersed. I pay more attention to what is around me and it just feels relaxing to have nothing on my screen, except for those occassional neighborhood pop ups, which I prefer to leave on.

I first did it on Saturday with one of my favorites, a light blue Baller v2. I did it again with my Giallo Orion Vacca yesterday. It was funner with that car, and prowling around town felt more interesting.

So all the HUD-off experiment does is get me more immersed. I'm the type of guy who easily knows where I am going if I've been there before. In real life, I could drive 80 miles up to Austin, and know how to get back -- so much so, that I could pay more attention to the scenery or I could car spot while driving back home.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users