Armoured Trucks

29 replies to this topic
JOEBEEZ
  • JOEBEEZ

Fanny Bandit

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:02 PM

Sometimes when I hit an armoured truck no money falls out. I'd sticky bomb the back doors and they'd fall off but nothing would come out of the truck. I follow said truck for 5-10 min until the cops force me to bail and I don't see a cent.

Does anyone else experience this? Maybe I'm not doing it right?

Buudah
  • Buudah

Peon

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:03 PM

Sometimes they do that.  If no money comes out you just gotta move along.

lannydee
  • lannydee

Trick

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:05 PM

they usually fall out in white bags.. I found literally 10 of these trucks in a span of a half hour with my friend. we only got paid for about half of the ones we persued....but a few of those times things got out of hand anyway

Str1p3s
  • Str1p3s

Pixel Fanatic

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:06 PM

I think the Sticky Bombs might actually destroy the money being dropped sometimes. I'm not positive of this, but it's why I switched to just blasting the locks with an Assault Shotgun.

• Bebita.PR likes this

Sh1zn3t
  • Sh1zn3t

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:08 PM

Think about it. Not every money transport vehicle will have money in them IRL. So, neither will they in game.

Bear in mind that the money sometimes lagg a bit and end up a bit further up the street or a bit further down. You might miss it.

Bebita.PR
  • Bebita.PR

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:08 PM

I think the Sticky Bombs might actually destroy the money being dropped sometimes. I'm not positive of this, but it's why I switched to just blasting the locks with an Assault Shotgun.

Thats happening me a lot! But with guns it really take sometime!

SKaREO
  • SKaREO

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:10 PM

I had 3 bags drop, but three more were in the back. I tried to jump into the back to get my money, but instead I climbed on top of the truck and then the police shot me.

Vandal783
  • Vandal783

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:12 PM

Sometimes when I hit an armoured truck no money falls out. I'd sticky bomb the back doors and they'd fall off but nothing would come out of the truck. I follow said truck for 5-10 min until the cops force me to bail and I don't see a cent.

I think its because the sticky is blowing up the money. I always use a shotgun which opens the truck in 2 to 3 hits (alot cheaper) and I always get money.

Bebita.PR
  • Bebita.PR

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:12 PM

Also... How many RP they give u by attack them?

Str1p3s
  • Str1p3s

Pixel Fanatic

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:13 PM

Using an Assault Shotgun only takes a few seconds.

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:14 PM

Sometimes the money drops out/appears out if thin air after the truck has left. Many times I'll pass by it or scatter the bags as I barrel through them.

JOEBEEZ
  • JOEBEEZ

Fanny Bandit

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:15 PM

I think its because the sticky is blowing up the money. I always use a shotgun which opens the truck in 2 to 3 hits (alot cheaper) and I always get money.

Thanks for the tips. If you use a shotgun do you aim for the hingles or handles in the middle or it doesn't matter?

jerrodh7244
  • jerrodh7244

The Big Boss

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:16 PM

Assault shotgun works best. 

Str1p3s
  • Str1p3s

Pixel Fanatic

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:18 PM

Thanks for the tips. If you use a shotgun do you aim for the hingles or handles in the middle or it doesn't matter?

Aim for the door handles.

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:19 PM

Using an Assault Shotgun only takes a few seconds.

I've tried this but they don't seem to open for me.

I didn't have stickies with me yesterday and threw a nade under the truck and it didn't blow the doors open. Tried the shotty and it wouldn't open still, cops were getting aggressive so I had to split.

cwo-reynolds
  • cwo-reynolds

Thug

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:19 PM

Gives you a couple hundo RP for every truck. I agree with your theory of the stickies blowing up the money. Try only one sticky bomb placed on the doors. I noticed if I had more than 1 stuck to the truck it was likely we wouldn't get paid.

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:20 PM Edited by blk95ta, 04 November 2013 - 03:21 PM.

was in a game on saturday where armored trucks were popping up every time i robbed one. i invited some friends in and we hit them for a couple hours. i made about $350k while my friends who came in after i did made about $100k each. every once in a while we'd get the empty armored cars but for the most part they were dropping between $8k-$11k with a few lower $4k-$6k ones.

my tactics are to block the truck with my car, then run around the back and use my automatic shotgun to open the door. cheaper and safer than sticky bombs and takes only about 2-3 seconds worth of rounds.

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:21 PM

I wonder if sometimes the money spawns under the road and ends up on the road under it.

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

AEMC La Mesa President

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:23 PM

I think ive only had one or two empty trucks. Used stickies on every one so far.

Their random spawning is kinda annoying though. Some days they pop up everywhere and then there are times where i dont see one for a few days.

JOEBEEZ
  • JOEBEEZ

Fanny Bandit

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:26 PM Edited by JOEBEEZ, 04 November 2013 - 03:26 PM.

Aim for the door handles.

I'll give it a go next time I see one.

Also in case anyone was wondering armoured trucks only spawn when the server your in has nobody under lvl 20 in it.  This is why sometimes you never see trucks and other times (when the server is full of high rank players) they seemingly spawn non stop (1 truck per >lvl20 person on a full server = $$$)

vaguecmac
  • vaguecmac

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:27 PM

Shoot the middle of the back doors between the rectangles 3-5 times close range with the AA shotgun. Doors will open right up.

anticon
  • anticon

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:32 PM

Sticky Bombs destroy the money being dropped sometimes.

cen0bite
  • cen0bite

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:37 PM

This is my method as well. Beats paying $600 for a sticky.

Vespucci Hipster
  • Vespucci Hipster

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:09 PM

Check the road behind you if you used stickies.

I put 3 on the back door and let it drive another 50 yards down the road (was trying to see if I could blow up passing traffic for fun). The doors flew open and nothing came out for 3-4 seconds then the money spawned about 20 feet in front of my car where I had placed the last sticky.

MrSuave
  • MrSuave

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:44 PM

Bear in mind that the money sometimes lagg a bit and end up a bit further up the street or a bit further down. You might miss it.

^this

I've robbed over 15 trucks and all have had money. On a few occasions the money never shows up until I start running towards the truck, and then it magically drops from thin air.  Other times it will show immediately after blowing the doors.

On a side note, be careful with your stickies if you use them. I've destroyed 2 trucks accidentally when there was a car nearby (the stickies on the back door blew up the nearby car, which then blew up the truck) and resulted in no $$

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

AEMC La Mesa President

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:20 PM

Well now that i know they wont spawn if low ranked players are in the lobby i guess i will have to do invite only sessions when i wanna rob some trucks. Thanks to JOEBEEZ for that info.

A-Lonely-Dragon
  • A-Lonely-Dragon

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:31 PM

In my experience the bags drop in the exact spot that the doors opened, just sometimes you have to wait a few seconds for them to spawn. 

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast in gta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:35 PM

last night i hit an armored truck that gave me 10k

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:37 PM

From my personal experience, you have to remain behind the truck in your vehicle and drive forward after blowing the doors off, that usually triggers the money drop.

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast in gta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:44 PM Edited by hugh750, 04 November 2013 - 06:47 PM.

now if rockstar would include armored trucks with 100 dollars to 1 million dollars in them imagine the chaos among plays that would cause!! :lol: :die:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users