Quantcast

» «
Photo

Would you like to see Rockstar implement local hard drive saving?

20 replies to this topic
SHarm
  • SHarm

Reincarnation of Tommy Vercetti

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:15 AM

I'm on phone so can't do a poll but yeah would like to know who would rather have cloud or a local HD save

Or both

Car Lover
  • Car Lover

Lover of Cars

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:17 AM

Saving to the hard drive would open up the possibility of manipulating the data.

So not gonna happen.

• GTAVTheHeat likes this

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:25 AM

No.

Bottom Gun
  • Bottom Gun

Formless

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:30 AM

Why not both? - We use the cloud for primary saving, then having the local hard drive save the data as back up. If something goes wrong with the cloud, we can load it from the local hard drive.

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:31 AM

Why not both? - We use the cloud for primary saving, then having the local hard drive save the data as back up. If something goes wrong with the cloud, we can load it from the local hard drive.

Because it's too easy to exploit.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:37 PM

I suppose there could be a checksum saved online with the data stored locally.

FarVision
  • FarVision

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:38 PM

I'm on phone so can't do a poll but yeah would like to know who would rather have cloud or a local HD save

Or both

I'm pretty cavalier about the whole Exploit Early Exploit Often mindset - and even with this, my eyes exploded out of my head.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:52 PM

No.

It`s even less relevant now as they fixed or will fix 100% the Could saving issues.

GLiTcH2
  • GLiTcH2

╚═╬═╬═╬═╝

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:08 PM Edited by GLiTcH2, 04 November 2013 - 05:08 PM.

No.

It`s even less relevant now as they fixed or will fix 100% the Could saving issues.

Yeah but just think sure the cloud will get fixed but what happens if something in the future goes wrong with the cloud and we end up back at square 1!! Rockstar will only be able to say sorry we can't get your characters back we are working hard to fix it, Here is another delayed stimulus package as compensation....... lol but anyways it could happen, it's a gamble with using the cloud.

• GrandTheftBatman likes this

Daos Draxon
  • Daos Draxon

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:10 PM

Hell no. Having the data stored on the hard drive allows people to use programs like horizon to modify the games files. Can you imagine the kind of stupid crazy mods we would see if it were something like that?

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:16 PM

No.

Yeah but just think sure the cloud will get fixed but what happens if something in the future goes wrong with the cloud and we end up back at square 1!! Rockstar will only be able to say sorry we can't get your characters back we are working hard to fix it, Here is another delayed stimulus package as compensation....... lol but anyways it could happen, it's a gamble with using the cloud.

That happened because the servers were sh*t, not because the idea is wrong. Once the servers are working properly there won`t be any issues. Think of all the MMOs around and the fact that they didn`t lose a single save.

ijustcameheretobeeotch
  • ijustcameheretobeeotch

Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:23 PM

currently the cloud is unavailable...

bmwdriver
  • bmwdriver

with oakley oil rig sunglasses

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:24 PM

this is where they should store the data:

781838g__18538_std.jpg

yakprince
  • yakprince

Doughboy

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:26 PM

As much as it would prevent loss of our character data, it'd also cause a sh*tload more exploits.

FPSAutopsy
  • FPSAutopsy

Maker of Emblems

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:54 PM

Saving to the hard drive would open up the possibility of manipulating the data.

So not gonna happen.

Yep i hear that you want max level and infinite ammo? Done no problem have fun!!! 

It would be that easy

obsidian_eclipse
  • obsidian_eclipse

Trick

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:59 PM

once the cloud is stable there shouldn't be any further problem, I've never lost a single save from Xbox lives own cloud or a single email attachment in the 18 years I've had email. local saving would create more problems than it would cure, even encryption or checksum can't guarantee tampering, however glitchers or hackers would likely face the rath of Xbox lives banning seeing rockstar are way too layed back..

Victor_714
  • Victor_714

Kid Detector

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:03 PM

Hell no. Having the data stored on the hard drive allows people to use programs like horizon to modify the games files. Can you imagine the kind of stupid crazy mods we would see if it were something like that?

Would make the game playable for eternity

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:33 PM

Would make the game playable for eternity

Wrong. Once the "matchmaking" server is taken offline, you`re dead in the water.

I have witnessed only one case - Freelancer. Once their central servers were taken offline, bye bye servers browser. All you were left with was direct IP connect or some fan made server browser. None would work on our dear old consoles.

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:36 PM

I think a viable option would be saving your last known stats, and then the next time you log in it checks to see if their last save still is similar to your save last time you were logged in.

Wolf_Asari
  • Wolf_Asari

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:36 PM

No.

Funny because my friend just lost his level 88 character today, Yeah surely they fixed "100% the cloud", this could have been avoided by using both system and using a checksum to verify it was not exploited.

jake4
  • jake4

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:47 PM

They should do local hard drive, with encryption thats uncrackable except for me so I can give myself billions

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users