Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA VI Setting

92 replies to this topic

Poll: GTA VI Setting (223 member(s) have cast votes)

GTA VI Setting

1. Carcer City (22 votes [7.89%])

Percentage of vote: 7.89%

2. San Fierro (28 votes [10.04%])

Percentage of vote: 10.04%

3. Las Venturas (45 votes [16.13%])

Percentage of vote: 16.13%

4. New City (63 votes [22.58%])

Percentage of vote: 22.58%

5. Vice City (121 votes [43.37%])

Percentage of vote: 43.37%

Vote Guests cannot vote
darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homie

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:39 PM Edited by darkdayz, 07 November 2013 - 05:40 PM.

Whole San Andreas

San Andreas only has city Los Santos and blaine county  according to the new HD era. Come to think about it... Was there some kind of huge earthquake in the GTA world that caused the whole country to be divided into little islands??

There was reference to Las Venturas and San Ferro on the TV shows inside of GTA IV, so actually, they are in the newest era.

As for the poll. Vice City all the way. They can create create now with next gen a virtually real sized Miami, focus on cocain, ecastacy via boats. It would be great to see what Vice City is now. Italian mafia still.

ColdHearted
  • ColdHearted

Nascar isn't a sport

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:52 PM

Whole San Andreas

San Andreas only has city Los Santos and blaine county  according to the new HD era. Come to think about it... Was there some kind of huge earthquake in the GTA world that caused the whole country to be divided into little islands??

There was reference to Las Venturas and San Ferro on the TV shows inside of GTA IV, so actually, they are in the newest era.

As for the poll. Vice City all the way. They can create create now with next gen a virtually real sized Miami, focus on cocain, ecastacy via boats. It would be great to see what Vice City is now. Italian mafia still.

It's not the f*cking 80's anymore bro, Cubans run Miami now along with gangs like the Haitan Zoe Pound who are known for robbing ships in the Port Of Miami, times have changed there needs to be at least 2 cities this time around but I like Miami so it should be one those 2 or 3 in addition to Las Venturas where the Mafia still runs the show.

SubtlyAgressive
  • SubtlyAgressive

Camper

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:08 AM

LONDON:1969

Vahnstad
  • Vahnstad

The Russian Bear

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:22 PM

Vice city is so little...

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:40 PM Edited by Official General, 24 December 2013 - 01:55 PM.

Vice city is so little...

You do realize that Vice City was based in Miami in the 1980s when it was much smaller city  right ? 

Present-day Miami is very big, it's much bigger than it was back in the 1980s, it's like the 7th or 8th most populated metro area in the United States. 

Some guys on here really have no brain cells and need others to help them think.

@ darkdayz

It would be great to see what Vice City is now. Italian mafia still.

No way bro, Cubans run organized crime in Miami. Colombians and Cubans dominate the drug trade at upper and mid-level. Black, Haitian and Hispanic gangs control the drug trade at street level. The Italian-American Mafia are still there, but there are not big anymore.

Anyway, I say Vice City all the way. This question should not even need to be asked, it's gotta be Vice City and South Florida. GTA V should have been Vice City in the first place. Hopefully with next-gen tech, we can get a VC that Rockstar does some real justice. 

To all those talking about the GTA being out of America - KILL THAT NOISE. Aside from the one-off gTA: London game back in 1999, GTA belongs there and nowhere else, Rockstar have already stated this many times. 

• zielarz119 likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:45 PM

London, modern day. 

zielarz119
  • zielarz119

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:50 PM

London, modern day. 

With more sh*tty weather than LC? London is sh*te city anyway, it would be worst game in series

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:56 PM

London, modern day. 

I'm from London, and as much I love my city, it just won't be good enough for GTA.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:57 PM

London, modern day. 

With more sh*tty weather than LC? London is sh*te city anyway, it would be worst game in series

OK. I disagree. But there's no point in explaining as you won't take any of it in. 

I'll let this guy do it, he makes a much better case than I will. Figures may be a little bit out of date now, this was written nearly 10 years ago, back when people on this forum knew how to write a topic properly. 

http://gtaforums.com...london-dossier/

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:05 PM

London, modern day. 

OK. I disagree. But there's no point in explaining as you won't take any of it in. 

I'll let this guy do it, he makes a much better case than I will. Figures may be a little bit out of date now, this was written nearly 10 years ago, back when people on this forum knew how to write a topic properly. 

I had a quick read, it was a nicely put together dossier, but I still don't agree. I just think GTA is suited to being in American cities. The dynamics and the intensely high levels of organized crime and gangs in U.S. cities compared to London make America an obvious choice. 

gtaOnlinemods
  • gtaOnlinemods

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:27 PM

Russia

Psycho_Yuri
  • Psycho_Yuri

For mother Russia!

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:28 PM

A GTA game in Russia would be fun

• zielarz119 likes this

Raavi
  • Raavi

Z

• None
  • Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:31 PM

Hawaii, Chicago or South Florida including some of the Caribbean. Any of the above would be great, in my opinion at least.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:33 PM

London, modern day. 

I had a quick read, it was a nicely put together dossier, but I still don't agree. I just think GTA is suited to being in American cities. The dynamics and the intensely high levels of organized crime and gangs in U.S. cities compared to London make America an obvious choice. 

Then clearly you should have read closer. There's plenty in our fair isle that is as rotten as any nation's underbelly.

Soulchild
  • Soulchild

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:38 PM

Washington DC. The protag can get involved with corrupt government officials and "good guy" terrorists who are trying to overthrow the government. 

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:22 PM

London, modern day. 

Then clearly you should have read closer. There's plenty in our fair isle that is as rotten as any nation's underbelly.

Like I said, I'm from London. Not boasting, but I even personally know gang members and guys into all that sh*t. I know London got some sh*t going on in it's underworld crime and gangs. But it is nowhere near the levels of even a medium-sized American city, which to me makes any GTA game set in London a tad bit too much unrealistic and implausible. 

Washington DC. The protag can get involved with corrupt government officials and "good guy" terrorists who are trying to overthrow the government. 

No f**k that nonsense. We had that government and FIB bullsh*t dominating most of GTA V's story, and by the looks of it, it was not a resounding success. Many of us are still complaining about that, and you want more of that sh*t ??

Please, just no. 

Andreas
  • Andreas

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:23 PM

Moved to GTA Series Chat.

Personally, I would like to see the next GTA being set in Vice City, given that there is no HD version of the city yet.

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

We need to keep you safe Clementine...

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:25 PM

Definitely Vice City. f*cking love that place.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:47 PM

Moved to GTA Series Chat.Personally, I would like to see the next GTA being set in Vice City, given that there is no HD version of the city yet.

I hope you realize that people will stop posting in this thread if you move it. The same who post in this threads like this are not gonna be be bothered to go to a forum hardly anyone goes to like series chat.

Andreas
  • Andreas

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:52 PM Edited by Andreas, 24 December 2013 - 04:52 PM.

I hope you realize that people will stop posting in this thread if you move it. The same who post in this threads like this are not gonna be be bothered to go to a forum hardly anyone goes to like series chat.

The setting of the next Grand Theft Auto has nothing to do with V, that's why the topic gets moved to the appropriate section - which is not the GTAV forum, but GTA Series Chat.

Sweettooth187
  • Sweettooth187

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 05:16 PM

How about we bring it back to Liberty City again? Even better, make a direct sequel to GTA4 in which Niko sets out with Roman to be the greatest bowlers of all time.

In all seriousness, I still say they should do mid-late 70's Las Venturas. Mobster Las Vegas? Forget about it!

user14
  • user14

Prankster

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 05:23 PM

It's gona be in brazil (rio)

zielarz119
  • zielarz119

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 05:58 PM

next GTA won't be named VI and will be announced in 2015

Cicero The Great
  • Cicero The Great

Only We can use majestic plural, deal with it

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:17 PM

Vice city will be the next installment of the series
It will be out only for next-gen consoles and PC

Probably multiple cities accessible via plains as well

ObsydianRaven
  • ObsydianRaven

Formerly Sethpenguin

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]

Posted 24 December 2013 - 07:05 PM Edited by sethpenguin, 24 December 2013 - 07:06 PM.

I'd like to see:

1. Carcer City, and have it during the 80's so we can have a break from the modern setting plus show us the darker side of crime in the 80's (IE: Crack Epidemic) as opposed to the glitzy and glamorous side we saw in VC.

2. Boston in the 70's when the Irish mafia was at it's prime and plus it would be a new time period for GTA to explore.

3. Any new city really.

I personally don't want to see Vice City, San Fierro, or Las Venturas. No matter how much you expand it, it's still the same old location.

JStarr31
  • JStarr31

Vice Money Murder Gang {V.$.M.G}

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 December 2013 - 07:24 PM

Whole San Andreas

3D era is not the same as the HD era. If it was the same then why isn't San Fierro and Las Venturas in GTA V? It's the state of San Andreas right? So where are they?

San Fierro and Las Venturas may be in the HD world but they are not connected to the 3D era.

But i didnt say they are connected to the 3D era, I just want whole San Andreas for GTA VI which is Los Santos, San Fierro, Las Venturas with sorrounding coutrtysides and towns.

But it's not. Didn't you just play GTA V? Los Santos and Blaine county are in the state of San Andreas. Just because in the 3D era San Andreas used to have 3 cities does not mean the HD era does. Maybe they are in another state but they are not in San Andreas as I have played the game and found out for myself.

You are so wrong @Mr_Goldcard
Sorry pal, but this isnt a poor choice. More like poor interpretation and delusions of grandeur. sA fanboys and theirs expectations... Smh...

R* have called the map Southern SA since October 2011. Hell, even GTA IV the radio, dialouge, internet websites it says SF and LV are still in SA state, so the fact that they were missing from V should've told you that maybe the map was just a 'portion' of SA. Also SA is not split into different states but rather referred to within its certain regions (NoSA, SoSA, East Andreas, etc.). So no SA and Southern SA aren't two different things, Southern SA is region within the state of SA.

Look it's like this, the entire state of SA in the HD Universe is similar to the old one as in LS, SF & LV still exist with-in it. Now in every GTA since III, the map has been made into an island to represent the portion of the area that is familiar to the protagonist. Even IRL, I only know an 'x' amount of my state/city, so if I where to draw a map of the only areas within my city I know, the map would look a lot like an island with the 'water' areas being the unknown. Thus this is how GTA maps are meant to portray a region.

Even though the rest of SA actually exist and is most likely attached to V's island mass by land, we have only the represented area of the map that the protagonists would know (or even care about, that's why Yankton seems like there's an ocean between the states when really it's just water being used as a metaphor for unknown, unseen, or otherwise not cared about areas - unless otherwise noted as a lake or river, etc)

So the map of GTA V is just a piece of land "broken off" of the rest of the state for gameplay purposes. And no, Southern SA is not a separate state from regular SA (regular SA, lol).
  • ObsydianRaven, Pooyan Cyrus, zielarz119 and 1 other like this

ObsydianRaven
  • ObsydianRaven

Formerly Sethpenguin

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]

Posted 25 December 2013 - 12:36 AM

Even though the rest of SA actually exist and is most likely attached to V's island mass by land, we have only the represented area of the map that the protagonists would know (or even care about, that's why Yankton seems like there's an ocean between the states when really it's just water being used as a metaphor for unknown, unseen, or otherwise not cared about areas - unless otherwise noted as a lake or river, etc)

I never thought about looking at the GTA settings like this.

skittlez86
  • skittlez86

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 03:56 AM

a new city 

JStarr31
  • JStarr31

Vice Money Murder Gang {V.$.M.G}

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 December 2013 - 09:09 AM

To answer OP I really truly want a Morden day rendition of Vice City but a city that architecturally and ego-wise is stuck in the 80's. Either a story about a Cuban immigrant with a Niko-esque story or a Jewish retiree caught between a rock and a hard place.

Keep everything modern day Miami, just change all the buildings, art, cars and clothing colors into exaggerated pastels and neons (even make the Pay'n'Spray colors pastels only). Have NPC's fashion choice inspired by 80's trends yet still modern day apparel, same for the protags clothes. Have that "always party mode" atmosphere to the city, kind of like the TBoGT vibe. Lots of drug themes. Lots and lots of drug themes...

Don't forget to throw in some 80's rendition cars alongside the modern ones, the Miami Vice undercover cops that show up at 4-stars, and for god's sake don't forget the VICE CITY FM!!!!

Phnx.
  • Phnx.

Big Homie

• Facade Corporation
  • Poland

Posted 25 December 2013 - 01:11 PM

Vice City or new city based on Chicago.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users